• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 25I-NBOMe Thread (2nd edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, thanks! Is that the kind of dosage you would recommend for a first time? I'd like to sample this after having tried 25C and 25D.
What made you try the same dose three days later instead of a higher one? Not that I don't think it's a smart move - I'm glad I have been reserved trying 25C and 25D as well.
Did you feel any tightness or coldness in your extremities or do other people, if so at what dosage level does this start to become noticeable or bad? I personally found 25C to feel fine but 25D gave me this side-effect at a low level, I will probably not pursue or at least not go significantly higher. It's a shame because it really felt very much like DOM is often described. I have DOM itself as well though so hopefully that makes 25D more or less redundant in the 'STP'-producing sector.

Did you feel any tightness or coldness in your extremities or do other people, if so at what dosage level does this start to become noticeable or bad? I personally found 25C to feel fine but 25D gave me this side-effect at a low level, I will probably not pursue or at least not go significantly higher.

I noticed some mild tingling and coldness at 500ug in my fingertips and feet in the last few hours of the trip. But fortunately it didn't get any worse when I went to higher dosages of 800ug and 1mg. I also got some muscle cramping at 1mg in my calves that would come and go, it was a little painful at times but it never lasted more than a few minutes each time. My last couple trips I've been having a mug of Mexican hot cocoa (that's cocoa with cinnamon and chili powder) at the end of the trip, and that seems to help. It's very tasty too. :)

Prescription Medications: Vyvanse, 30mg Daily, Prozac 40mg
Unlike every other drug I've had where I appeared to be having seemingly enlightening experiences, this drug felt more like taking Vyvanse, or something completely unobtrusive, complimentary, and clarifying.
In fact, the drug feels so clean that, if taken and ridden all the way out, it's hard to distinguish if you are still in fact "tripping" near the end. I say this because I felt aware that I had retained all my insights and abilities from the previous few hours, as well as mindful that I will have newly-formed lessons and pristine memories to reinforce them.

circabuydata, I would be careful about generalizing from your experience...it sounds like you're saying that you don't get a strong trip on 25I, even after taking 2mg. But, you're also on an SSRI, and that probably diminishes the effects for you a lot. I'll bet if you went off Prozac for a couple weeks and then took 2mg it would be a lot stronger trip. The highest I've done is 1mg, and it was almost too much for me, with a lot of stimulation and visuals everywhere and some confusion too...I can't even imagine doing 2mg. 8o

I know there are other reports above 1mg, but there's also reports of seizures at those kinds of dosages too, so I just wanted to point out that that can be a really high dose for some people.

Great, good for you. I don't think anyone should be trying that much for their first time, though.

Probably the different forms of the molecule have different dosages too. I've been using the acetate salt, but I know other people here are doing the HPBCD complex thing, and I'm sure someone has tried the citrate at some point. People who snort the freebase seem to need >1mg to get any effects, but that could be because it's poorly soluble in water. I'm not good enough at chemistry to figure out what the different ratios in molecular weights would be for each form...

<3 So, I took 25I-NBOMe last night. It was one blotter that was supposedly 1mg.

For me it was the first true psychedelic that I have ever taken besides MDMA and I can say that this drug put me in my place. It felt like I lost my sense of self. I was absolutely terrified and constantly felt as if I was dying. Perhaps it was just a panic attack, although even then I knew logically that the chances of death were probably slim. But, at the same time I found the experience to be very beautiful. I came to the realization that it's not that it's me and everything else, but that I am a part of everything else. I guess the typical psychedelic concept of being one with the universe, and I truely believe that to be now. I feel like a new person and I feel less afraid of death. I feel very positive and grounded, and this was just after coming out of a six month period of being severely depressed, severely anxious and bordering suicidal. I am grateful for this experience and I hope this relief lasts.

25I-NBOMe 1mg complexed was sampled buccally, my first experience with a 2C-like chemical. I found it largely non-interesting in the visual department. The most significant was a sort of rapid-fire freeze-frame, as if vision had been reduced to 15 frames per second, which was mildly nausea-inducing but short lasted. Textured surfaces took a slightly surreal depth and there were minor geometric CEVs.

Fantasies came easily but were... mundane? Music was difficult, the usual trippy faves were all dissonance and clash. Finally, some Liszt piano compilation was calming but not very psychedelic.

Tactile sensations were off the scale, unlike any other substance. On the peak, running my hand over a cheap bedsheet felt like running a thousand hands over a thousand bedsheets of fine silk. Orgasmic. Even using the toilet was completely mind-blowing. Does anyone else notice this effect?

Very little paranoia and thought-loops, but a significantly altered not-quite-sanity. I would probably not enjoy being in public (around people) on 1mg of this -- compared to say LSD, which sometimes has me roaming the city streets at 3AM, in eyes-wide, euphoric autopilot.

I might try 1.5mg, or maybe 1mg combo with some tryptamine. 25I is certainly unique and worthwhile, but I agree with others who feel it's a bit lacking in "spectrum". I was taken completely off guard by the super lush tactile effects, though, and hope to reproduce them.

Like other people said, if you dissolve it in a mixture of distilled water and alcohol, it should be good for a long time. I've kept 2c-i in water for a year with no alcohol and it was fine, but alcohol definitely helps. However, remember that if you dissolve it, that bottle will have 400 doses of a strong psychoactive drug in it. Write "POISON" all over that bottle. If that bottle is unlabeled and sitting around when a bunch of people are tripping, it could end up being a horrible disaster. Label the bottle and lock it away somewhere.

Nice report atmos. Your report of enhanced tactile pleasure is intriguing. I tried 25C and was expecting a laser light show but got more of a music trip. It seems the NBOMe series affect different senses in different people.

^ 3.75mg was spiritually awakening & life changing for me.

Yeah, and JasperTheReckless was hospitalized after taking 4.5mg and having a seizure after 15 minutes, breaking his wrists and arms, and suffering rhabdomyolysis (breakdown of muscle tissue in to the bloodstream). Read the thread: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/618957-NBOMe-induced-seizure-ten-minutes-after-dosing

It really annoys me when people come on here blatently advertizing stupendous doses just because they survived through a high dose themselves, even thought they know full well that it is a high dose for most people. With NBOMes, the margin for error is clearly quite small, so we should not be blatently promoting the use of doses like yours for impressionable minds who may be browsing these forums all the time.

Yeah, and JasperTheReckless was hospitalized after taking 4.5mg and having a seizure after 15 minutes, breaking his wrists and arms, and suffering rhabdomyolysis (breakdown of muscle tissue in to the bloodstream). Read the thread: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/618957-NBOMe-induced-seizure-ten-minutes-after-dosing

It really annoys me when people come on here blatently advertizing stupendous doses just because they survived through a high dose themselves, even thought they know full well that it is a high dose for most people. With NBOMes, the margin for error is clearly quite small, so we should not be blatently promoting the use of doses like yours for impressionable minds who may be browsing these forums all the time.

I think honestly that guy doesn't have any idea how much he took.

People who have taken 3.75mg and had a good experience are just as important to document as people who overdose. Either way the research is good to collect and analyse.

Now, JasperTheReckless had a solution of 1mg/0.03mL. This itself could possibly draw the suspicion that it was not the drug that fucked him up, but rather his flawed process of administration.

Until it is known exactly how he dosed we will never know... considering his reaction.. you could probably argue that a lot of people have done 4.5mg and come out fine.

People who have taken 3.75mg and had a good experience are just as important to document as people who overdose. Either way the research is good to collect and analyse.

Sure it is, when it's in the proper context. But just throwing it out there as a bold statement with absolutely no disclaimers - rather than with the contextual backdrop of some kind of report or explanation, (and with the implication that because you didn't have a seizure at 3.75mg it must be okay) - is dangerous. And I'm sticking to my guns on that point.

dextrous said:
I think honestly [JasperTheReckless] doesn't have any idea how much he took....

Now, JasperTheReckless had a solution of 1mg/0.03mL. This itself could possibly draw the suspicion that it was not the drug that fucked him up, but rather his flawed process of administration.

Until it is known exactly how he dosed we will never know... considering his reaction.. you could probably argue that a lot of people have done 4.5mg and come out fine.

I'm sorry, but this is entirely the wrong way to approach it. Unless he provides any more information to the contrary, we must assume that he did take 4.5mg, and that such a dose is dangerous. I don't think that is an unreasonable assumption by any stretch. People are tripping their fucking faces off at 1mg, there's just no reason to go around saying that 4.5mg is safe. Of course we'll never know exactly how much he took, but the safest bet is to assume that 4.5mg is well in to overdose territory for some individuals.

salting the citrate

Im jumping in here with my first bluelight post (longtime member of the shroomery) to ask about 25I-nbome CITRATE:

1) What is the shelf-life of the citrate salt, both in liquid and powder forms? Is it more susceptible to degradation with time, heat, or light than the freebase or other salt forms?
2) Would it be an appropriate method of conversion to simply titrate the citric acid solution into the freebase powder solution (ie: the freebase will still be a solid settled at the bottom) until all the powder has dissapeared into solution (ie: has been salted and become water-soluble)? If anyone can comment on the approx volumes of solvent needed to do this it would be exceptionally useful!
3) I would assume the above procedure must occur within water (rather than ethanol) because the freebase will dissolve more readily in ethanol making the "visually dissapearing powder" method useless? however, if it CAN be carried out in ethanol, there is 180-proof alcohol available which i intend to use to hold the citrate salt.
4) finally, is the citrate salt more soluble in ethanol or water?

Thank You! :)

Hi new here. Just wanted to add that I was succesfull getting my 25i-nbome freebase to dissolve in water with HPBCD at a ratio of 10mg/ml. I used the 1:9 ratio with the HPBCD. I plan on dropping .08ml on a strip of water color paper for buccal absortion. Ill report back with my findings!

Well I apologize to have annoyed you so much ;-)

Perhaps you are right, so here is my disclaimer.

I took 3.75mg, and my most severe side effect was vasoconstriciton. I also took blotters with a known amount of the chemical on them, and was not using a haphazard method of dosing myself. However, 3.75mg is not a stupendous dose. I have taken over 5mg, and I have taken as little as 500ug, all with good effects. This would suggest there is not SUCH a small margin of error with this chemical, like say, GHB. I was not promoting anything, simply stating my experience. I have a full trip report on erowid for said dose if you'd like to go check it out, and see that I do list the bad side effects as well as the positive ones.

If these so called 'impressionable minds' are deep enough in these forums to see my post, they have probably also read enough to know that 3.75mg is considered a strong dose. I doubt they would read my single post and proceed to blast themselves with absurd amounts of the drug (as it would seem jasperthereckless has done).

Peace & love

Well I apologize to have annoyed you so much ;-)

Perhaps you are right, so here is my disclaimer.

I took 3.75mg, and my most severe side effect was vasoconstriciton. I also took blotters with a known amount of the chemical on them, and was not using a haphazard method of dosing myself. However, 3.75mg is not a stupendous dose. I have taken over 5mg, and I have taken as little as 500ug, all with good effects. This would suggest there is not SUCH a small margin of error with this chemical, like say, GHB. I was not promoting anything, simply stating my experience. I have a full trip report on erowid for said dose if you'd like to go check it out, and see that I do list the bad side effects as well as the positive ones.

This is exactly why SA is reprimanding you; the fact that you have taken 5mg and as little as 500ug with good effects does not suggest that there is not a small margin of error with this chemical in the general population and yet this is exactly what you are recklessly implying. It only suggests that there is not a small margin of error with this chemical for you.

^ you just love to cast that negative energy out don't you sir?

If you could give me other examples, perhaps it would be valid. You know, as in people who actually know how much they took, not like our friend jasper. When's the last time you tried smiling iamme? simply your name is negative, IamME, jesus christ man. self centered?

but then again, I do understand, as I have (unfortunately) visited Wisconsin.

^ you just love to cast that negative energy out don't you sir?

If you could give me other examples, perhaps it would be valid. You know, as in people who actually know how much they took, not like our friend jasper. When's the last time you tried smiling iamme? simply your name is negative, IamME, jesus christ man. self centered?

but then again, I do understand, as I have (unfortunately) visited Wisconsin.

What does that have to do with anything? I'm siding with SA that the way you're wording your post about a little known chemical with plenty of horror stories is irresponsible, and advocating that it's better to err on the side of caution in this case. I didn't even phrase my post in an aggressive way, stop being so childish.

Nice ad hominems, I'm not losing too much sleep though. :)

What does that have to do with anything? I'm siding with SA that the way you're wording your post about a little known chemical with plenty of horror stories is irresponsible, and advocating that it's better to err on the side of caution in this case. I didn't even phrase my post in an aggressive way, stop being so childish.

Nice ad hominems, I'm not losing too much sleep though. :)

Its pretty damned irrelevant tbh, I just tire of you and a few others on this forum that do nothing besides go around nitpicking & calling people out from your throne of judgement. I may not have the perfect wording, but I am adding to the community and sharing my experiences for others to gain knowledge from. Do you even have experience with 25i?

Perhaps one day you could make pigs fly & just make a positive post for once.

Its pretty damned irrelevant tbh, I just tire of you and a few others on this forum that do nothing besides go around nitpicking & calling people out from your throne of judgement. I may not have the perfect wording, but I am adding to the community and sharing my experiences for others to gain knowledge from. Do you even have experience with 25i?

Perhaps one day you could make pigs fly & just make a positive post for once.

I've made plenty of posts in B&D threads answering measuring and logistics questions, offering experiences and have posted TRs. I've done 25i about 10 times above 1mg. tbh, I don't really care if you tire of me, if I think you're being irresponsible when it comes to people dosing unknown chemicals, I'm going to say it. It's more important than your pride or my irritability.

Status
Not open for further replies.