• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 25I-NBOH Thread

I am going to recommend against continuing to trip on anything that much, or even nearly that much. I did that (at least every other day tripping) for over 2 years, maybe as much as 3 (I can't quite remember when exactly it crossed that line), but even now, years later with barely any psychedelics and none for a couple of years, my tolerance is still way high, stupid high. It's still hard to get a powerful trip, it's all like low dose effects usually. And when I did psychedelics a lot I often did low dose trips because I like them. But it makes me feel a little... sad, or incomplete, that I can't just take a psychedelic and have it affect me like it does almost everyone else. That has been my experience on the matter.

Yea, im well aware of that sort of thing and various other risks that im taking by investing a possibly dangerous fairly unknown chemical. I'm intent on running a 3 month trial under fairly controlled conditions though, so there's that mindset firmly in place, unlikely to be dislodged.

I know, im a dipshit, sorry. I know im being foolish, why do you think im digging for info on toxicity and the like? Still, im gathering data on something that needs data gathered on it, and im a bright, well educated man with adequate training and mental discipline to handle the experiment that im pursuing. I'll gladly abandon it at the first sign of bad times though.

and then it's back to just plain old weed and the occasional bit o' cactus till the next spring. Its what i do more or less, spend spring time out of my mind taking notes on psychs. Its been very rewarding.

That's good you don't plan to continue for long, it was just something I felt I had to say, having been down that road. Some people feel called to take psychedelic a lot, and at some point for me it became about more than just experiencing the states, and I felt that it changed my brain a bit, especially in how it reacts to drugs (of all kinds). Just take it for what you will, I won't say anything else about it. I never had bad times when I was doing it either, I handled it fine, my life stayed together, I never had bad experiences or had any psychosis or anything (I did get a little manic for a while at a couple of points though). The lack of sleep was a big factor for me, so if you're getting good sleep that definitely helps. I don't actually know much about the NBOx series, having never tried any of them.

I've had a similar experience while overindulging in the elf spice back in the day. Smoked in low-to-medium dose range (20-30mg) for a couple of months every other day, not only did it lose its own magic, but also made be quite insensitive to nearly all other psychedelics (these do work, but usually require double dosages...those that come with considerable side effects, so that's not positive at all). And even months of complete abstinence do not seem to bring the things back how they used to be...

the taste of 25i-nboh is almost the same as 25i-NBOME - very strong, quite numbing to the tongue and cheeks.

Agreed, 25I-NBOH is bitter as hell, while the real thing and LSZ/AL-LAD are virtually tasteless.

I cannot easily detect the taste of 25x-nbx compounds...odd.

ebola

Yea I've never had any 25i nboh that didn't taste like an nboh. Now, if there is a site selling lsd as this, get me that URL! Lol
25i nboh tastes like electricity and metal, lsd doesn't have a taste or can taste a teensy bit like nickels, so that's a pretty easy distinction imo.

Seriously tho, this stuff is like 1 dollar per hit or less, lsd is at least 10 . Why lose out on profit like that and sell lsd as a cheaper chemical?

Sounds like bullshit imo

Last edited:
Not really, no, but I swish the solution to sublingual nd buccal areas, where absorption is maximal. I also have polysorbate in my solution, which has a soapy taste of its own, though mild at the concentrations I was working with.

ebola

~2mg 25I NBOH trip report - Visual madness

Figured I'd post a trip report of this as it's the most intense psychedelic experience I've ever had. This will be my first ever trip report on bluelight so excuse me if I make any faux pas-es.
First I'll start off with a little background; I'd tried 25I NBOH twice before, both on blotter form and had a wonderful experience both times, so I figured I'd go and source some 25I NBOH crystal online, the crystal arrived on Tuesday and my milligram scales should have arrived Thursday; sadly I didn't notice they were on economy shipping from Hong Kong so I'll be seeing them some time this (or next) month. I settled on buying some 0.01g scales from a local headshop; they cost more than the 25i and weren't as accurate as I'd hoped, the only thing for it was to weigh all the NBOH (which I did three times) and make a solution of all of it. That way 10mg one way or another is only +-100mcg on an actual dose. The 100mg sample I'd ordered weighed in at 120mg; the online psychedelic vendors always seem to be generous with what they give out :)

So after firing the crystals into a safety-capped medicine bottle I carefully measured 12ml of vodka and added that too. A hot water bath and a little shaking had it almost dissolved, it was all done by next morning.

The next day I decided to be the lab rat for my own solution, I wouldn't give anything I made to friends without first testing it on me myself; I figured the scales may have been out 20mg and that I really had a 8mg/ml solution, in light of this I (rather stupidly) decided to dose 2mg/1.6mg nasally; I'd had 1.6mg of blotter before, 2mg of nasal NBOH isn't going to be much stronger I thought. I was very, very wrong.

T+0 - I carefully measure 0.2ml out into a 1ml syringe, tilt my head back and empty the syringe into my nasal cavity, even though I added water to the syringe to dilute it to 0.5ml the vodka still stung like hell, I've not snorted anything in ages either, probably contributing to the burn.

+05 - I start to wonder if the liquid is bunk, then I look in the mirror and see that my pupils are like saucers, I sit down and wait for me to start tripping, from what I remember of NBOH it was somewhat slow to work.

+10 - Suddenly, as if someone had flicked a light switch I start to trip harder than I've ever tripped in my life, harder than DMT (though I've never taken a massive dose of it); the walls are melting, the rug is blowing as if in the wind and the light level in the house is going up and down so rapidly it's like someone's shining a flashlight at the curtains. I stumble over to the TV and by some miricle manage to get it and the PS3 working, I assume I wanted to put on some music but seeing as I can see two playstation controllers there's no way I'm going to be able to navigate the menus. Instead I lie down on the sofa.

+15 - A wave of nausea overcomes me and I run to the kitchen to vomit, up come the 4 etizolam that I'd taken to try and 'take the edge off', though I guess the NBOH didn't want me to take the edge off. If I'd been less experienced with psychedelics, a very anxious person by nature or just less sure of my measurements and knowledge of chemistry I'd had phoned an ambulance. The thought that I might have been sold something far more potent or toxic crossed my mind more than once, though I decided that if I were really dying I wouldn't be thinking like this but rolling around on the ground covered in vomit unable to speak or think. With this reassuring thought in my mind I went back into the living room.

+25 - The trip continued to intensify and I continued to look at the shapes materialising out of nowhere; they didn't have a defined edge, rather it seemed like the edges were constantly spiraling fractals. I continued to watch the room morph and listened to the popping, buzzing, whizzing and crackling in my own head. Usually while tripping I'll wave a hand and use the tracers as a gauge to see how hard I'm tripping, when waving my hand now the tracers had tracers of ever spiraling geometric fractal shapes. I continued looking around the room in childish wonder for at least an hour, it was one of the most heart touching and beautiful hours I've ever experienced.

+1:15 - I finally figure out how to work the playstation and stick on some Aphex Twin and bring up some Alex Grey pics, everything was morphing, changing and changing some more, the walls were covered in geometric jigsaw patterns that took on a yellowish rainbow hue, I could almost swear some of it looked like writing. I'd finally discovered the definition of tripping balls, prior to this I'd taken quite a bit of acid, AL-LAD, LSZ, DMT and a bunch of 2C compounds and various other alphabetamines; this blew them out of the water. I brought in the cat to play with and as per usual the cat could sense I was tripping (weird huh) and became super playful; playing with the cat whose long hair kept morphing on a rug that continually changed was the most fun I've had in my life. Eventually the cat jumped up on my lap and looked me dead in the eye as if it were trying to tell me something; I realised something in that moment, though within seconds the realisation was gone. Rather than puzzle endlessly over my cat trying to communicate with me through telepathy and have a trip that ends in confusion and letdown I decided to feed the cat, this distraction drove the further confusion out of my mind.

+1:50 - Feeling somewhat cold, yet still tripping very hard I decided to light the fire, which is probably not a good idea, especially when you have no paper and are using a mixture of model car fuel (methanol+nitromethane) and motor oil as a thickening agent, the result being a highly flammable paste which has already almost blown me up while sober, however thanks to NBOH's clearheadedness and the fact that I seem to have a guardian angel watching over me the fire went off without a hitch. The next 45 minutes or so were spent watching the wood and coal morph, while geometric jigsaw pieces appeared in the flames. Watching a fire while tripping is amazing, though lighting one alone is highly irresponsible especially if you are tripping this hard, if anyone else wants to watch a fire while tripping I'd urge they light it while sober and keep a kettle full of water with them in the room.

+2:35 - After warming up a little and the trip seems to be lightening off a little I fire up PS move and try to play a game of sports champions; it's a great game to play while tripping, the controllers light up and make the most wonderful tracers, naturally there's the added difficulty of not knowing where the hell the basket is in disc golf because the greenery keeps morphing, nevertheless I found the game to be laugh-out-loud funny at points; for any tripper (especially social trippers) a PS3, PS move and sports champions are a must buy. After about half an hour I went back to watching Alex grey and listening to Aphex Twin.

+3:15 - I spent the next hour looking at Alex Grey in 1020P (though it seemed like 100020000P to me) and admiring the colourful jigsaw patterns that adorned the wall, I could no longer 'see the air' and the trip was still at a pretty high visual intensity, along the lines of 2 good hits of blotter acid (though acid comes with different visuals and headspace) or a middle-heavy dose of a 2C. I continued, I kept this up until the 4 hour mark, when I moved upstairs and started watching some TV on my computer.

+4ish - Sat upstairs watching TV for the next two hours, for the first hour I was still mildly (one hit of half-decent acid, medium dose of 2C), by the second I was almost at baseline; I went and cooked a meal, popped some etiz and fired up dark souls. By 6h the effects were almost gone.

For a drug which is so cheap and easily obtainable care must certainly be taken and one must only make a solution if they know what they're doing. Most vendors won't send NBOH crystal out without first being asked in a professional manner, though I'm sure uneducated kids could potentially get their hands on crystal which is worrying. This is an experience with 2mg of the stuff and though it was a wonderful experience which I definitely want to repeat I have to warn other bluelighters that this stuff is _very_ potent. If you keep it in a baggie or a container make sure you have it clearly marked saying what it is. When I received it from my vendor it was in a baggie which was inside a bigger baggie (which was marked with the chemical name) however the actual baggie containing the substance was unmarked and I shudder to think what could happen if that baggie was lost/dropped/stolen and someone consumed it thinking it was MDMA (it looks quite alot like MDMA, but with smaller crystals) so make sure your supply (if you have one) is clearly marked.

Other than my above fearmongering I thing 25I NBOH is a wonderful chemical and despite having quite a bit left I'll probably buy some more to hide away before they ban it. 25I NBOH may indeed by my favourite psychedelic and I feel it's something any psychonaut should try.

Great report, thanks for sharing!
Did you have any bothersome side effects apart from gastrointestinal issues? I, too, found 2 mg taken buccally to be quite nauseating, but not to the point of vomiting though.

Not really, no. I've a feeling the nausea had something to do with "Ohfuck I measured this out all by myself with a set of scales that were far from optimal and bought this off a vendor who could have sent me NBOMe instead" once I threw up and realised I definitely wasn't dying I had a wonderful time. It was extremely clean compared to other hallucinogens, with acid/AL-LAD or other ergoloids I'll usually get hand tremors and cramps along with lots of nausea (I usually pre-load promethazine with acid because of the nausea) there was none of that with this. I had a slight headache at about 0000 (dropped at 1715 ish) but that's the norm for me when I trip. The day after I felt great too, no lethargy or comedown-ey effects.
If you like very visual trips and like tripping on NBOH you might want to see about getting some crystal off an online vendor, so long as you're equipped to weigh make a dilution of the stuff you should be fine; crystal costs alot less than blotter too, I picked up my 100mg and two (one which hasn't arrived yet) sets of scales for less than I'd have to pay for 100 blotters of the stuff from one of the big vendors.

It also appears from your report that nasal dosing is more efficient than buccal dose-effect wise, is it so?

)It would definitely seem that way. I'd assume the fact that it was already in solution (NBOMe/NBOH is rather difficult to dissolve in water or saliva, it had a hard enough time dissolving in vodka (40% ), analytical grade ethanol (99.5% ) would probably be one's best bet) that let it cross the nasal membranes so quickly, whereas with buccal dosing you have to wait for the NBOH to dissolve off the blotter (if you're taking it that way) then go through the membranes in the mouth. With buccal dosing I'd wager a percentage is also swallowed, buccal is a very hit or miss way to dose something sadly; I'd like to see NBOH vendors sell nasal spray, rather than blotter. If you're going to dose blotter nasally prepare for some wastage, I tried dosing NBOH blotter rectally (chopped the blotter into fine flakes then left it in a 20% alc solution for 10 mins) and it barely worked, so leaving your blotter in ethanol overnight would probably be required if you want to get the NBOH out of it and even then I'd say 10-20% would remain in the blotter.
If you're looking for a super intense experience with an extremely fast comeup, nasal seems to be the way to go; I'll definitely be dosing nasally from now on.

Bropiate, you've piqued my desire to try 25i-NBOH in a solution, nasally. Great report.

1 question: I find 25i-nboh pretty damned sexual--did you notice an irresistible bit of "horn" to it?

I can report that there is indeed a bit of the old horn in this drug, me and my wife love it. .

the problem with nasal sprays, even metered nasal sprays, is that after a couple of days of not being used, they shoot badly.
and you do need a couple of days between or it won't be good.
so
the first shot or two may be less than full ones:
therefore you would have to set it up for ~200 mics per spray, and go at it a few times until you get the desired measure.
the second person dosing in the day would get an accurate set of spritzes, but the first user will probably have a touch more than measured while the first spritz or two are duds.
the Afrin bottle has 160 sprays and some others have only 100 sprays.

Yeah I did notice some horniness to it. I'm prescribed subutex atm and it's basically destroyed by sex drive so it wasn't anything major, though there definitely was something there. I can remember wishing I had a girlfriend to share this with, though at the peak there would have been no way I'd have been able to have sex, it was so visual to begin with I'd thought something went horribly wrong, turns out I was just tripping _really_ hard.
In other news can't wait to try it again; now it's been guinea-pigged on me I feel safe enough giving it to friends, 25I NBOH is hands down my favourite psychedelic. Though if you wanted an introverted mental trip with some decent visuals, AL-LAD or LSD would be the way to go. I'll have to try a combo and report back.

Its certainly possible, hasn't happened with me though it has provided me with some minor hppd like symptoms, its nothing terribly concerning to me however. These are powerful and poorly understood substances, and not everyone is equipped to deal with what they can do. If they spook ya, leave em be, its not like anyone's making you take something.

The fact that it's a 5-HT2a full agonist means very little and is usually used to attempt to scare people away from NBOxx compounds, it just means that it keeps the receptors locked into an 'on' posistion rather than being half on half off; like a dimmer switch, once it's metabolised it's no longer affecting your receptors and it's metabolised in hours. You shouldn't be feeling any effects from it weeks later, definitely not serotonin syndrome (which in itself is a _very_ rare thing, much more rare than people would have you think); have you been taking any other drugs? Or was that last dose of NBOH the last thing you've had, chances are it's something else, were you consuming large amounts of caffeine that day? Had you gone quite some time without sleep? I'd say investigate every other possible cause before pinning it on a drug you'd taken weeks prior; I'm not in a posistion to say it definitely wasn't the NBOH; though with what I know of pharmacology and pharmacokinetics (though moreso opiate pharmacology than psychedelic pharmacology) I would say it's quite unlikely, though given the fact that NBOH has seen little to no human use before; it's not impossible.