• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 25I-NBOH Thread

I would not recommend this to anyone, not experienced trippers or newbies.
I took 2mg of 25I-Nboh last night at 18.00, its been over 12 hours and im still feeling some effects.
The energy i felt from this was almost to the point where it was overwhelming. At one point i actually had no control of my breath and it was really creepy, i tried to just let go and follow the trip but there was nothing to like focus on. The OEV's were "dull", couldnt focus on the CEV's due to my heart raising like crazy. It didnt mindfuck me at all, which was really crazy. Was never happy or having any higher thoughts or whatever, just completely blank.
The last time i tried RC's was the Special blotters, and had a pretty good time. This i would never do again, waste of money.

Sorry not familiar with all the terminology and such...but uh just wanted to give a heads up if u didnt already try it yourself

Hey there everyone. I just figured I'd share my TR. I just received a little RC sampler pack of 25i,25c, and lsz yesterday, and i decided to try the 25i. They came in 1mg blotters.

Being a fairly experienced user of hallucinogens and psychedelics (first trip was mescaline that i made from the family san Pedro, then LSD and shrooms, and various others, mostly the big 3 tho), i was very tempted to just pop a blotter of this stuff and go to town, but instead i reasoned it out to take a teeny bit just to taste it, you know, dont wanna have my eyes boil out of the sockets just for the sake of furthering my career as a psychonaut lol. The blotters I got were quite tiny compared to the hits of lsd I had been used to.

Anyways, I decide to allergy test with the corner of one blotter and I seemed to be fine after a few minutes. My tounge felt a bit numb which I gather is the first sign that you have ingested the product successfully. I was surprised how such an itty little bit of this blotter could manage to numb my mouth as much as it had. To ensure that I didn't give it a chance to develop that silly tolerance these substances and their relatives apparently have I decided that I'd take half of the blotter, so I tried to cut it the best I could. In reality I cut a third of it leaving 2/3rds behind, but there's a reason I play bass and not lead guitar: im a clumsy young man due to the nerve damage that I have to deal with from breaking my spine off the front of a 1996 Ford Windstar.

I took 1/3rd of a blotter at 730pm.

+20: likely just placebo effects, but im feeling the first signs of a mescaline come up, except ZERO nausea. I just feel a little neck tension and little waves of electricky energy hitting me. I expected to feel this perhaps a little latter than it happened, perhaps that initial allergy test had enough to begin causing effects, which would be pretty cool since when I said I took the corner, meant I took the smallest little flake of paper I could physically cut, like half a millimeter and likely smaller. Still, I liken it to a placebo at this point, but this is when i did feel the first effects other than just excitement.

+1h the first clear sign of the trip has appeared: i look at some meat and cannot stop laughing! Things are also looking sparkly. So far, I'd compare this come up to a considerably gentler on the belly mescaline, rather than LSD or shrooms as I have seen it compared to a lot.

+1h15m: feeling it starting to come up faster, sort of a, stimulantish rush. At this point my tounge stops being numb and the feeling spreads around my body and begins to develop into a very pleasant body buzz. Visual effects are not too terribly prominent, but clearly there are peripheral disturbances and everything is much brighter and more vivid looking. In just a few minutes the visuals become considerably more intense, and I feel at a solid +2, and im still just getting started.

+1h55m im seeing lots of blue and green and red where they don't belong. Everything feels like electric animals. What I mean by that is that everything feels intense to touch and it feels like it's moving and breathing, even things like floors and desks and the like. I'm seeing tracers and slight fractals and all sorts of silly visuals. One thing to report is the headspace at this point in time. There's not much of one to be had. Normally by the time I see things like this, I feel like me and my body are 2 clearly different things, like my body is a car for the spirit as opposed to being a single unit, and alien thoughts start shooting through my brain at a billion miles an hour. Here I felt generally together and normal, perhaps just a bit stony like I smoked weed that's better than weed actually is. I'm also pretty energetic, so stony might not be the right word, best I can come up with tho lol.

+2h15m: the high keeps getting higher. At this point im starting to see the sort of deep dreamy visions that I get from mescaline. I feel really amazing. Its what I imagine MDMA would feel like for the body buzz. I'm not nauseous at all, nor was I at any point in the trip so far. The worse side effect I got seemed to be some mild bruxism.

{+0}
Around this time I decided to give my wife the other half of the blotter. She has epilepsy, but she's generally ok with psycs and hallucinogens. She also doesn't get full gran mal seizures, just staring spells and other odd effects that are easily manageable. At the time I didn't realize that she had about double the dose that I had had, even tho I was well aware that I cut the blotter unevenly. I was awfuly high by this point, I'd call it +3, and it probably is, I just sort of missed the headspace I was used to. I read plenty about the drug, so I didn't expect much of a headspace always, so it didn't really take me down any to not have it.

+3h/{+45m}: I'd say this is where I peaked. I felt really really good, and the visuals, tho not deep, were very fun and very intense. The body buzz was just like dropping 3 hits of acid, possibly more intense. The wife began to come up around this time. She seems to react to drugs at much lower levels than I do generally speaking, and she has far less experience than I do, but she has a good mind for studying the effects and clearly articulating her experience. Around this time she said it felt like she just took a huge dose of molly, so clearly the body buzz was buzzing like mad with her already.

+3h30m/{1h15m} The wife is having vivid visuals already. It sort of caught me by surprise the effects being reported by her. She was hearing things very oddly, she had already hit the point of wild kaleidoscope visuals. Straight lines like door frames began to warp and twist and everything seemed to be changing colors constantly. She said the body buzz allowed her to touch something and it would feel like whatever she wanted. Example; she rubbed the walls and said that they feel like satin, then a few minutes later she wanted them to feel like sand, and so they did. I was clearly not as high. Her pupils engulfed her eyes, where my pupils were clearly dilated, but far less so than hers. She also felt a bit nauseous and could be observed clenching her teeth. She said she was only having bruxism whenever another wave of crazy hit her, and judging by her actions, she wasn't lying. She came up considerably quicker and harder, clearly the increased dosage and possibly her physiological differences make quite an impact with this drug.

+4h15m/{2h} Seems I was wrong about the peak. I got hit with a single wave of energy. It led to a massive increase in body buzz and the room started to twist and morph. No real changes in the wife other than a little more nausea.

+5h/{2h45m}
No changes to report in me, I might feel a hint of a comedown, nothing significant. The wife reports synesthesia, which becomes quite dramatic over the next hour. She noticed she could taste the blanket we layed on with her butt, thus was followed by tasting orange juice with her fingers and hearing the colors on the tv, green being the most pleasant tone to listen to. Eventually she was convinced she could taste time itself which apparently tastes like "big red and clove cigarettes". She also reports that if I try to rub her skin it feels like it's being pulled off "in a good way". She's as high as id ever managed to get on LSD or mescaline

+6h/{3h45m}

I'm clearly coming down by this point. Everything seems to be getting calmer and gentler. At this point I develop a full headache and eventually moderate nausea. Wife is just way out there, but still clearly in full mental control as she can still describe the effects very vividly. Her effects are still increasing in power too, but are not unpleasant. Her nausea has calmed down significantly.

+8h30m/{5h15m}
I'm basically back to baseline. Got a headache and im tired, but it's like 3 or 4am right now, so not too hard to imagine. Wife is also on her way down. Her.comedown is gentle but she has a killer headache, which is to be expected.

+{9h}
I was asleep before my wife, so I stopped collecting data. It took her about as long as me to get to the point where she felt down enough to sleep. She reports slight muscle tension and a bad headache were the only side effects of her comedown and she still felt fairly high until she passed out. She also reports very lucid dreams. So do I for that matter. I know I was riding the fuck out of a cucumber horse damn it!

Final Thoughts, Notes, and Musings

10/10 will buy again! Would I rather do mescaline or LSD? Yea, but only for the thoughts that those stir up. That being said, thus is a.drug where I could take a low dose at a family dinner and look my mom in the eyes and nobody would know I was out of my mind. It was very interesting to see mescaline/LSD like visuals and other weirdness and still have a fairly sober mind. I felt in control the whole time, never panicked once, and loved every second. Its far from the perfect psychedelic hallucinogenic drug, but it's very pleasant and just plain fun. Even my wife, who tripped far harder, felt in control.

Side effects Include the occasional hot flash, some jaw clenching,and a headache and minor diarrhea at the very end. All in all a lot gentler than I expected.

The only thing I wonder now is whether or not Lsz will be affected by the tolerance of 25i nboh. I'm also super eager to compare this to the 25c version in a week or 2.

I highly recommend this at lowish doses. I have a feeling a whole blotter on its own will kick the shit out of me tho. I hope you enjoyed this report
also hope I didn't break any rules, doubt it, but if I did, sorry...

similar to my experiences with the lowish doses - though I don't get headache or diarrhea - (though gut accelerates)
Tolerance to LSZ
yes you need at least 4 clear days to enjoy the LSZ
and
IMHO
half the 150 mic blotter is as satisfying (lsd wise) (so you could share it)
as 1/3 of the nbox blotter (nbox wise)

more nbox - is a bit yucky
more lsz is not ever yucky

I sampled 2 (two) complexed 1mg 25I-NBOH blotters a few days ago and found them to be strong. Very visual and...insistent? Yet the spiritual aspect might have been lacking, if I were to compare it with Al-LAD. Still enjoyed it way more than 150 mics of AL-LAD though. The only drawback I'd point out is the remarkable degree of nausea caused by these blotters. Really bothered me during the comeup...it did disappear as the trip progressed, however. Overall, quite impressed. Would recommend!

Tolerance to LSZ
yes you need at least 4 clear days to enjoy the LSZ
and
IMHO
half the 150 mic blotter is as satisfying (lsd wise) (so you could share it)
as 1/3 of the nbox blotter (nbox wise)

more nbox - is a bit yucky
more lsz is not ever yucky

Thank you a ton for that info, I was digging around all over the net looking for something about cross tolerance between the 2, not a lot of luck. I'm very excited to sample that lsz, I just don't want to waste it. Id imagine there would have to be a bit of cross tolerance just due to them both affecting similar receptors. I was figuring around 3-5 days anyways, always glad to have confirmation of my hypothesis tho, anecdotal or not.

the tolerance issue is related to dosage
I would think that if you were using full 1000 or 1200 mic blotters of NBOH then you would need 2 weeks before the LSZ would show it's color.
and if you use it too early you reset the clock and get no benefit.

the tolerance issue is related to dosage
I would think that if you were using full 1000 or 1200 mic blotters of NBOH then you would need 2 weeks before the LSZ would show it's color.
and if you use it too early you reset the clock and get no benefit.
I am going to test that hypothesis by the end of the week and see if 300mics of LSZ would do anything after 2mg NBOH the week b4. Something tells me it would, given such a marked discrepancy in molecular structure of these two compounds.
It is not only a matter of dosage or degree of receptor stimulation, IMHO; I speculate that N,N,-DMT at 40mg binds to 5HT2a with both high affinity and marked inner activity, and yet there is no tolerance after 30 min and no significant cross-tolerance with other serotoninergics either...Could be an exception, though.

Something tells me it would, given such a marked discrepancy in molecular structure of these two compounds.

Structure doesn't matter, just activity. Fentanyl and morphine are cross tolerant and look how different those are.

The reason DMT doesn't build tolerance is because it is so short-acting, and people almost always deliver large doses to their brain quickly. Drugs like LSD or the NBOMes persist in the body ro a long time in comparison, and the continual receptor activation leads to tolerance. You could get tolerant to DMT but you would need to be doing it a lot, and likewise if you were high on NBOx all day for a few months, smoking DMT wouldn't be as effective as it could be...

For most psychedelics, you can get acceptable results if you wait 72 hours before redosing, but for the best results possible you should wait at least a week and preferably two between doses. It's not like you won't be able to trip at all if you're impatient, either, it just will be less effective. If you use psychedelics infrequently you can get away with "multi-dosing" more effectively than a regular user.

^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

For what it is worth, when I was using DMT every 2 hours in summer 2011 in a feeble attempt to wean off opiates..i got nearly a full tolerance to all other psychedelics. 700mg mescaline hcl barely had an effect on me.

On the other hand, Ayahuasca is relatively long acting, yet it still does not produce tolerance even if used multiple days in a row.
However, it could be explained by MAOI buildup, which exert a sensitizing effect...

I am going to test that hypothesis by the end of the week and see if 300mics of LSZ would do anything after 2mg NBOH the week b4. Something tells me it would, given such a marked discrepancy in molecular structure of these two compounds.
It is not only a matter of dosage or degree of receptor stimulation, IMHO; I speculate that N,N,-DMT at 40mg binds to 5HT2a with both high affinity and marked inner activity, and yet there is no tolerance after 30 min and no significant cross-tolerance with other serotoninergics either...Could be an exception, though.
you should have great results with 300 mics lsz and one week only between.

From what I picked up in school, tolerance in drugs is primarily based around how "used" the receptors get, so naturally dosage and frequency of administration have something to do with tolerance. These drugs use up your brain chemicals like serotonin and dopamine and they need to be replenished before the drugs will work again.

I've read a bit about how drug tolerance can be lowered by consuming things that can help the restoration process if those neurotransmitter chemicals. Something like 5-htp for example might help you shave some a little time off in-between, preferably if you have been taking it already as a supplement of course. I take it because it helps with various little issues I have, and perhaps its all in my head, but I know it helps keep my THC tolerance down since I get considerably higher than before I started taking 5-htp daily, seemed to have an effect after a week.

So what do you think about that guys? Do you think that could have any real effect on substances like this?

Another question, why am I only seeing 25c and 25i, where is the b,d,e,n, ECT when I look online for information on these various chemicals? Is it simply because they have never been synthed and studied, or is it like mesc-NBOME where its hardly worth using because it's effects are very minimal, so it's not worth synthing in nboh form? Just something that's been bothering me, because if I could get a stronger 2c-e, I'd love it to bits.

^^^^If no one knows volunteer yourself in the name of science and get that question an answer! :)

PS....I've had the 25ENBOME. I am a huge 2C-E fan, that stuff has me in awe, and I loved the 25ENBOME but....the effects of the two were quite different. 25ENBOME reminded me more of 2C-B..the visuals were far more like 2C-B visuals and 25E had none of the intense 'body kink' or intense energy surge that 2C-E has when it comes on...it actually felt really good the way 2C-B does.

Supplementing with 5-HTP might definitely help if one overindulges in substances that actually deplete monoamines...such as amphetamine, for instance. As far as I know, psychedelics do not DIRECTLY affect the levels of these, but yet again, it very well could be that the activation of 5HT receptors by its agonists results in secondary release of various neurotransmitters from the involved neurons...if that is true, supplementation with precursors will probably help to restore the monoamine levels, but whether or not it will help with tolerance I do not know.

By the way, we do not know if the NBOH series produces active first-pass metabolites. If this is the case, then tolerance might be established not only via receptor desensitization, but also by changes in expression of hepatic CYP450 enzymes. Tolerance of that nature will be more restricted to NBOH compounds, and would probably involve LSZ to a lesser extent due to pronounced differences in molecular structure.
Well, in-vivo research will be conducted on this subject soon enough anyways.

there are definitely issues of tolerance between 25-x-nbox and lsz, so
I don't think it is the metabolite issue in the liver, it's related to specialty neurotransmitter homeostasis, and also possibly receptor availability:
i.e. once the receptor binds and does its thing (probably upregulating serotonin), it either fatigues or is destroyed and needs to be rebuilt.
so the tolerance we are seeing is the length of time it takes to re-enable those receptors, and I think that is a protein synthesis issue even more than a dietary supplement of serotonin precursors.

I find it unlikely that tolerance is based on limited substrate (read, protein) availability for receptor resynthesis, considering how much protein is needed to repair muscle tissue after intensive workout and how effective our body is at doing so.
Strenuous physical essentially destroys million times more protein-based structures than a couple mgs of NBOH does that's for sure, and yet we can still run the day after :)
Also consider how many other pharmaceutical agents there are that work by similar way (i.e., bind to and activate specific monoamine receptors) and still evoke the response even after months of daily use with little increase in dosage required.
The underlying mechanism appears to be far more delicate here in case of psychedelic substances.

mobile muscle is vascularized for the purpose, while non-moving brain tissue is sequestered beyond a brain blood barrier, suggesting slower regeneration infrastructure, and the ability to run after a run also has a lot to do with byproducts of oxidation being cleared from the tissue and new fuel availability at the site as well as plenty of electrolytes.
further to which, the sheer preponderance of muscle tissue in leg muscles is the absolute opposite of what exists in the way of 5ht receptors etc. in the brain.

what I am talking about is replacement or refurbishing of specialized sub cellular components in specific locii of the cells: receptors, rather than mass replacement of generalized muscle fiber which the muscle cells are adapted to produce in large numbers.

maybe at a monoamine receptor, the agonist or antagonist may easily be metabolized off a still working receptor, and no receptor replacement is required; dose up again and you are good to go.

this is just speculation, or black boxing, trying to consider how a low concentration substance (like the nbo, or lsd) temporarily triggers a wide systemic effect which notably involves a larger concentration substance (serotonin) and then after some regeneration time can do it again. while without any regeneration time, we can only produce similar effects with much greater concentration of substance (the nbo or lsd).
it suggests a hormone like triggering, rather than the usual direct chemical pharmaceutical effect, and it suggests that the trigger itself requires service between use, rather than the wider systemic effect.

these receptors would not be the effect, just actuators of the psychedelic effect within regions of the brain (slightly different zones for each receptor class). like gas pedals, and the gas could well be serotonin.

the similarity of several of the psychedelics to serotonin may have to do with triggering the effect and feedback of triggering the effect in various brain zones. The idea of receptor fatigue makes sense especially as the psychedelic state of mind is one that is not sustainable - homeostasis is recovered by ending the state and recovering from it, the mechanism of receptor fatigue will be something that relates to cellular subsystems.

Last edited:
also note that some of the same receptors are hit by dmt which like salvia is a fast acting agonist and which produces a very intense systemic effect from small quantities and then disappears leaving absolutely no tolerance. you can repeat immediately. This suggests that the psychedelic effect is a response to the chemical trigger and that the response does not exhaust and that these triggers remain functional after dmt or salvia are metabolized away from them in a matter of minutes.
this factoid, [that some psychedelics that produce short extreme effects can be repeated without any tolerance] suggests that agonists that have tolerance somehow disable the receptors to which they bind for the duration of tolerance.

anyway from all this talk I thought I would test my receptors again
with a 1/4 of a 1200 microgram blotter of 25-i-nboh that was burning a hole in my pocket,
so maybe 300 mics more or less. and not more than 50 hours since the previous experiment (~200 mics of nbome)
- at a particularly uneventful part of a friday afternoon - 4pm,
and it has been riotous in the body and head for 3 and a half hours
- so as to say, it is just now getting pretty and comfortable - though I had great discussion going with my wife about the economy and trending and countries etc.
- and I am not sure if 1/4 blotter is nearly so strong for other people
but stronger than this would probably be masochism...
if it is not already that for me.