View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 1P-LSD Thread, Volume 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
For whats it worth an old friend of mine prescribed prozac took acid with me a few times (same amount/dose)I would be completely fucked out of my mind and having the sort of trip you wouldn't want to repeat for awhile... while he would be pretty grounded and giggly....he was kind of afraid of acid though, for what ever reason so he didn't like to push his dose...I believe that the Prozac made the acid less effective....what I know for a fact is a dangerous interaction with any lysergamides is lithium. Its not unheard of this combo being potentially fatal.... As for 1p, I would treat it as you would ANY lysergamide.

Heres a quote from the AMA I spoke of earlier on reddit

"I think that there are many chemicals that are misrepresented as LSD. that being said, I am going to assume that the two liquids are LSD. Dosage has a lot to do with the onset speed and peak intensity of the trip. I think that one vial is a strong solution and one vial weaker and that would account for the differences.
Now, about "bad acid", the last step in making LSD is the separation of the inactive isomers and impurites from the active isomer d-iso-lysergic acid diethylamide. Only ~30% of the the crude product is LSD, the rest are these inactive isomers and some side reaction products as well. These impurities are only inactive in the brain, they have many effects on the body that contribute to the "body load" or "roughness" of the trip. I am certain that "bad acid" is unpurified crude product, containing a mixture of the aforementioned molecules and LSD. Acid needs to be purified via chromatography twice, once on silica to remove the side reaction products and leftover reactants, and a second time using a chiral substrate to separate the active isomers from the inactive ones. Large, professional labs could easily accomplish this, but smaller, less professional labs might forgo this and create what you call "bad acid"."

http://www.reddit.com/r/LSD/comments/1u64zl/i_am_a_chemist_who_has_illicitly_synthesized/

Took some today, had a semibad trip but for the first time learned to (eventually) move myself back into happy headspace! Turns out the feeling that usually starts my bad trips is egodeath. Before I experienced it, it was just something so incomprehensible, that when I did, it was extremely scary. Especially combined with thought looping etc. Fuck bad trips.

Anyway, it does seem to last a bit longer than normal acid (although can't be sure on that).

The reason why I wrote this post though is because I was wondering if anyone else had felt a distinctly different outrospective thought processes with this compared to other psychedelics? (Even relatives like LSD)

^ same with any PD in general: It comes down to (mind) set, which is highly influenced by (physical) setting.

Having good music that you vibe to is a really big one.
Take care of yourself and be kind to the people you are close to leading up to the trip.
Good trip partners you trust, or else solo if you trust being alone more.
Have some snacks, be hydrated, well-clothed (for comfort and temperature).
Make sure you have a large chunk of time booked off where you don't need to interact with the normal world for the duration of the trip, which will be 12+ hours, and a good chunk of time afterwords to rest, recover and reflect.

Having good music that you vibe to is a really big one.
It really is.

Take care of yourself and be kind to the people you are close to leading up to the trip.
That's good advice anyway, regardless of whether you're planning to trip in the near future. =D

Good trip partners you trust, or else solo if you trust being alone more.
I don't think any first-timer should trip alone. It's not uncommon for people to get some irrational thoughts or worries that can easily be dispelled through reassurance by a friendly person looking after them.

Make sure you have a large chunk of time booked off where you don't need to interact with the normal world for the duration of the trip, which will be 12+ hours, and a good chunk of time afterwords to rest, recover and reflect.
My suggestion would be to take the substance in the morning or early afternoon, having made sure that absolutely nothing is required of you for the entire day plus the day after.

Thanks and also would it be better to try shrooms first? I've never used a psychedelic
Most people find lysergamide trips (that includes 1p-LSD) far easier to control than shroom trips. For most people, shrooms appear to be more prone to causing confusion and less prone to causing extensive interesting visuals. Personally, I've had very worthwhile and enjoyable experiences on lysergamides, but only uncomfortable experiences on shrooms and related substances, and the latter have never given me any visuals to speak of.

One benefit of shrooms is that they don't last as long, so if things go wrong it'll be over much more quickly, but I'd still absolutely recommend 1p-LSD over shrooms for your first time. Just don't go crazy with the dose (1 square is fine), follow the advice that's been given here, and you'll be fine. :)

Last edited:
Hmm, I don't have access to any of the special subforums so I don't know how this all works but I was wondering if someone could set a poll asking about the bad acid on the chemistry pros -subforum so the wisest chem heads could "decide" on it?

I found THIS unofficial article from Erowid where people compared their past experiences (after the seventies or something) with a dose of 55-year-old LSD-25 from Sandoz and reported no difference.

I said unofficial!

I will be testing this compound in a few days. I will be taking either either 150ug or 250ug with a friend with a friend taking the same. I will do my best to get an in-depth trip report

I have taken my other psychedelics but have only taken LSD about 7 times over a short space of time. I know it may seem unnecessary but I have included a picture of some of the blotters I've received. Just in case anybody is curious.

NSFW:
SAM_0221.jpg

This is all how drugs, not regarding legality, should be labelled. Ideally they would also tell you the dosage and whether or not they were gluten-free :\

al-laddin: I'd say it was very similar in strength to other acid trips I've experienced, if not the tiniest bit weaker. I almost always take one blotter (the smallest single square, which Don Luigi has five in the pic. I have the same blotters btw.)

It was definitely the synthetic weed I smoked on top that took me to the mindfuckland. When the trip was almost completely gone I smoked some more and within half a minute noticed a very similar headspace, visuals and mindfuck. Before smoking I was practically sober, so it boosts the trip a LOT!

Last edited:
So I've kept an eye on this since it's released and it truly excites me as being just as good as the original but one thing that I've not seen anyone mention is whether or not the 1-propionyl part of the molecule which supposedly breaks off at some point in the body leaving the LSD to do it's magic but does/can this 1-propionyl part do any harm to us or is it a relatively safe ? I've already seen people mention that it can be it's own analog of Lucy like al-lad and lsz if it's not a prodrug that would explain the sight difference in visual and duration

The vendor has supplied them with a potency of 100ug per blotter. That's all I can rely on. I was referred by someone who told me that they were good and, so far, it has been excellent. I have yet to sample the 1p-LSD but I will very soon. Maybe 150-200ug (if the given dose is accurate).

I will try to write a trip report. I plan on a 100ug solo trip before a bigger one with friends so you might see that at that one before the weekend is over :)

Well, assuming we have the same blotters (they look exactly the same, although I know that could mean nothing)... does 100ug sound like a good dose? I haven't tripped on anything in almost two years, so, but I have taken LARGE doses of 2c-e before and been fine... like, very, very high doses. I'm not that experienced with LSD. I mean, I've taken it a few times but I haven't known the quality/quantity exactly (which is why I liked taking 2c-e, but it's so hard to find these days).

How do I try this and decrease my chances of a bad trip

Eat 5mg of diazepam, or the equivalent of another benzodiazepine, either a half hour after you dose or whenever things start getting tweaked out. Benzos get right to the heart of most of the unpleasant anxiety-based side effects of lsd and many other psychedelics. At the appropriate dose, they will make your trip much more relaxed and comfortable without making you feel sedated in any significant way.

I know some of you will disagree with me because you feel like taking benzos with psychedelics makes you less high. I could only agree if I found that heart-racing, shakiness, and unsettled stomach were a desirable part of the high. The anxiety is not about anything - it's a physical side-effect, but it is certainly unpleasant, and even more so when you are in a psychedelic state. Learning about this combo has enabled me to explore higher doses without the associated heart-racing, etc. Then the mental/psychedelic effects are easier to navigate.

Finally, just two little pieces of info which I have to post since I took the time to calculate them: the compound's molecular formula is C24H29N3O2 and weight is 391.5 g/mol.

Thanks for that! I was too lazy to calculate it, so I copped it off some website. If the molar mass you just gave is the true one and the molar mass I have for LSD is correct (both freebase):

1P-LSD = 391.5g/mole
LSD = 323.43g/mole
323.43/391.5 = 82.6µg LSD per 100µg 1P.....

It is intriguing that there are some reports of 100µ 1P trips being stronger than 100µ LSD trips, but there are a lot of good confounding variables that have been mentioned, so I still don't know what to believe (regarding prodrug question).

Last edited by a moderator:
I think someone on here said the propionyl group could cause the molecule to permeate across the blood-brain barrier more readily, so even if there are less mol/g with 1P-LSD, and 1P-LSD is just a prodrug to LSD, it's possible that the extra permeability could make it more potent.

I don't think we have any definitive information on when the propionyl group cleaves off. It could happen the second it touches water in your mouth, in the stomach, in your blood, in between your synapses... maybe never, maybe it's already crumbled off sitting on that blotter (hopefully not). There's been endless debate around the acetyl group on ALD-52, and seeing as 1P-LSD is brand new, I don't think we really can know yet.

P Schwangles:
Someone should actually recalculate those figures, I might just as well be wrong.

What I take off this is how common a misconception it is that a regular blotter of LSD contains 150-200µg when the good ones might really contain about 100-110µg at most.

Edit: Just out of curiosity, I don't suppose people have felt any differences (dose-wise) when taking it sublingually vs. orally? When I took one I chewed & swallowed it like most other people seem to do.

So I've kept an eye on this since it's released and it truly excites me as being just as good as the original but one thing that I've not seen anyone mention is whether or not the 1-propionyl part of the molecule which supposedly breaks off at some point in the body leaving the LSD to do it's magic but does/can this 1-propionyl part do any harm to us or is it a relatively safe ?

I'm surprised i've only seen this question asked at most a couple of times within the 1P threads, it would be nice to have a biochemist confirm or at least theorize on the biological fate of the hydrolyzed propionyl

Last edited:
After a bit more searching online myself it seems that food supplements use this technique of using a propionyl group on another molecule such as L-carnitine seemingly without any biological issues(the propionyl group is cleaved and the desired molecule is left ) and for the example I've given the propionyl group helps pass it over into the brain easier . So in otherwords without the chance to test it in a lab setting it seems we are onto a winner

Seph: Thanks for the info!

Isn't ALD-52 the same as 1P-LSD but with an acetyl substitution? What/how many other molecules could be produced following this pattern? Logically the ones that are easily cleaved off and aren't toxic on their own seem the most favorable..

Yeah it's the same as ALD-52 just 1p is propionyl not acetyl like you said . From my understanding you should be able to make this easily hydrolisable addition onto any point of the molecule but I'd say each would have slightly different effects due to it or would just produce more analogs which either way as long as they aren't toxic /harmful it's a get area of exploration

Reporting back, started off with two of the tabs with artwork realizing though this was only 200ug and I generally prefer a stronger LSD dose I waited about 30-40 minutes just as it was a new chemical. But then dropped 100ug of LSD, this while watching a film helped things cruise up nicely. I then around 3-4 hours in dosed 15mg 2c-b as while I sat in reflection/self-analysis I simplified the situation but also personally felt the experience was lacking in depth but had things to do this afternoon so couldn't dose more LSD due to duration.

Overall, very interesting chemical. I am highly interested in the lysergamides, I don't know if it was due to underdosing but I do prefer LSD still. This was very similar, definitely worth a try. I would however prefer to try it another few times before making more claims on the effects. It is closer to LSD in effects than AL-LAD, but keep in mind I dosed LSD alongside it. Synergy was great would be interested to see it reversed LSD then 1P-LSD. Just if anyone has any pre-trip questions.

Last edited:
Reporting back, started off with two of the tabs with artwork realizing though this was only 200ug and I generally prefer a stronger LSD dose I waited about 30-40 minutes just as it was a new chemical. But then dropped 100ug of LSD, this while watching a film helped things cruise up nicely. I then around 3-4 hours in dosed 15mg .

15mg? Of what certainly not 1P. I am assuming you didn't drop 150 tabs?

From the acid heads out there do you really think this is different to LSD and if so how? People claim different effects from acid and here we have something we actually know isn't LSD yet should be on consumption. there is a lot of rooms for tricking yourself into seeing a difference in all honestly. I feel it is slightly different - I think I need to take a larger dose than I have to tell - there again could I or anyone tell 1P from LSD blind? I am pretty doubtful

1p-LSD RC Question regarding experience

HI There Everybody,

New member here, been lurking for a while but I thought I'd bite the bullet.

So quick background info,
weight: 70kg
Drugs taken: Cannabis, MDMA, aMT, BK-2C-BC-B

Righty-o, I recently purchased 5 tabs of 1P-LSD, which me and my friend did some research with last Friday - all in all, the experience was pleasant, very visual (mostly) and only lasted around 5 hours or so, the experience probably peaked around 2 hours in.

It's worth noting that we both took 250ug each roughly, one tab and a half and then a second tab around half an hour later.

Now, I have never taken LSD before so I don't really have anything to compare the experience with. I did find the experience as a whole; fun (the first 90 minutes were just giggle fits really) However, around 3 hours in to the trip I started to get a little bored, if that's even possible. What I did feel is that my headspace seemed to remain very.much at baseline, I didn't seem to enjoy the music any better, no crazy creative thought trains about cool things... am I just expecting too much?

The only reason I am asking this in the first place is that for me the tryptamine aMT experience was much more enriching all round, felt almost spiritual and I was connected too everything, all at the same time with excellent visuals - certainly comparable to the 1P-LSD.

So basically just wondered if anybodys got any thoughts? Is it just me expecting to.to.be blown away?

Much appreciation if you read all that.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.