• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy Salvia Thread (Archived start - 1-20-08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn I just had a salvia trip that was messed up (I guess that goes without saying). I will post a detailed trip report tomorrow, but what's bugging me right now is the thought of salvia gravity - what do you guys think about it? what causes it, what purpose does it serve? Does it bug anyone else the hell out?

Changed said:
can you expand? I've never experienced any gravity shift?

You never feel like you're being pulled? My consciousness was literally pulled out of its normal location and kind of hung in limbo, pulsating, between normal reality and something else (perhaps another reality or perhaps nothingness, I can't tell). I had to keep struggling to fight the gravity and try to get back to my normal reality, but for a while it was a losing battle.

Changed said:
can you expand? I've never experienced any gravity shift?

Wow, really? Have you ever done salvia beyond a threshold dose? I think literally every report I've ever read of strong effects described the salvia gravity shift as one of the main effects that could not possibly be ignored.

And on another note, does anyone know why salvia is on its way to becoming illegal in the US? I do! It's because of all the kids who took videos of themselves and posted them on Youtube. After that one kid killed himself and his mom blamed it on salvia, all the mothers of America went to Youtube, watched the videos, thought "OMG our babies are dying!!!!!!!!" and here we are. Let us hope this teaches the kids of America not to post videos of themselves on legal drugs online for everyone to see. I can promise you it'll lead to illegalization every time if it catches on like salvia videos have. Good job, kids. 8)

With the scheduling going on now more and more people need to grow salvia for themselves, even if they are not users. Its a rare plant as it is.

Xorkoth said:
Wow, really? Have you ever done salvia beyond a threshold dose? I think literally every report I've ever read of strong effects described the salvia gravity shift as one of the main effects that could not possibly be ignored.

based on the 1-6 scale of Salvia intensity, I've hit either 5 or 6 each time. This would be:

SageWisdom.com said:
Level - 5 "I" stands for IMMATERIAL existence. At this level one may no longer be aware of having a body. Consciousness remains and some thought processes are still lucid, but one becomes completely involved in inner experience and looses all contact with consensual reality. Individuality may be lost; one experiences merging with God/dess, mind, universal consciousness, or bizarre fusions with other objects--real or imagined (e.g. experiences such as merging with a wall or piece of furniture). At this level it is impossible to function in consensual reality, but unfortunately some people do not remain still but move around in this befuddled state. For this reason a sitter is essential to ensure the safety of someone voyaging to these deep levels. To the person experiencing this the phenomenon may be terrifying or exceedingly pleasant; but to an outside observer the individual may appear confused or disoriented.

Level 6 - "A" stands for AMNESIC effects. At this stage, either consciousness is lost, or at least one is unable to later recall what one had experienced. The individual may fall, or remain immobile or thrash around; somnambulistic behavior may occur. Injuries can be sustained without pain being felt; on awakening, the individual will have no recollection of what he/she did, experienced, or said in level 6. People cannot recall what they experience in this very deep trance state. This is not a desirable level, because nothing can latter be recalled of the experience.

I guess I've only felt a pulling once, and that was when I was laying on a couch, and had some quiet trance music on. As I turned into a spaceship, the part of my leg that was contacting the couch started to get pulled in a rhythmic fashion that correlated with the beats of the music.

But I think it was only that once out of all my experiences.

Cthulhu said:
You never feel like you're being pulled? My consciousness was literally pulled out of its normal location and kind of hung in limbo, pulsating, between normal reality and something else (perhaps another reality or perhaps nothingness, I can't tell). I had to keep struggling to fight the gravity and try to get back to my normal reality, but for a while it was a losing battle.
Alright I had that same exact thing a while back in september. Was smokeing a 10x extraction

As I turned into a spaceship

Ahh, thats why I love PD. Only here could you start a sentence like that =D

I think the 'gravity shft' seems to occurr in a localised way; in that it can feel like half your body is being shifted etc. I suspect salvia dissociates trasmission between hemispheres....and possibly affects the inner ear. I don't know if I've fallen over on salvia or not, but I do know that no matter what, I feel like I'm falling.

swilow said:
Ahh, thats why I love PD. Only here could you start a sentence like that =D

I think the 'gravity shft' seems to occurr in a localised way; in that it can feel like half your body is being shifted etc. I suspect salvia dissociates trasmission between hemispheres....and possibly affects the inner ear. I don't know if I've fallen over on salvia or not, but I do know that no matter what, I feel like I'm falling.

maybe the fact that I've been laying down each time I've done it has some effect...

Changed said:
maybe the fact that I've been laying down each time I've done it has some effect...

I do think that lying down eases the profound shift in consciousness brought about by salvia. With your eyes closed, lying down, your body is in a sleeping/dreaming position and your mind is freer to travel to weird and fantastic realms.

BTW, I posted a full trip report in the TR forum. This should be the first of many to come as an ongoing experiment with salvia.

Cthulhu said:
I do think that lying down eases the profound shift in consciousness brought about by salvia. With your eyes closed, lying down, your body is in a sleeping/dreaming position and your mind is freer to travel to weird and fantastic realms.

BTW, I posted a full trip report in the TR forum. This should be the first of many to come as an ongoing experiment with salvia.

not consciousness... I trip hard every time (complete ego death, etc...) but gravity shift isn't something I experience a lot

Changed said:
not consciousness... I trip hard every time (complete ego death, etc...) but gravity shift isn't something I experience a lot

I just meant that perhaps you are less susceptible to a gravity shift when lying down because you've already taken the body out of the equation and are prepared for an intense non-physical experience (crazy things happen in dreams, too).

i'm sad, it's illegal in IL as of new years :! ... luckily, i did get to smoke it while on LSD last weekend, but only a small dose...

who knows if Salvia is becoming illegal in NY? I cant seem to find out through internet searches, wiki, etc

as of now i believe the fascist anti-salvia bandwagon has covered Missouri, Louisianna, and now Illinois...who knows which will be next.

as to the gravity shift, i have definitely experienced this on a multitude of experiences with salvia. it tends to feel like my shirt weighs 50x too much right after i smoke it.

i could agree to swilows hypothesis of brain hemisphere dis-equilibrium. but also i think part of this phenomenon is a proportion shift. from my experience in various psychedelics, ive realized that proportion has everything to do with perception.

for instance, when you start coming onto psychedelics the rooms generally looks larger, becuase your proportion shifted. this also plays a big part in other distortions of both light and sound. sooooo, i believe that after smoking salvia (most people) the brain's proportion of feeling of gravity shifts, to where it seems as though it is 'heavier than before'.

i noticed the proportional maddness after smoking a joint w/ a friend in the woods on the sacred cactus. my friend was sitting on a log, and i on the forest floor. after i took a hit, all of a sudden my friend looked like paul bunyun on a giant fallen tree. after laughing fora moment, i took another hit and the proportion shifted again, to where he seems like a tiny person on a tiny tree in a giant forest. both of these distortions were caused by no change in scenery, but merely a change in the proportion of depth.

*sorry to get off track, i had to reinforce my proportion idea with an example :) *

this proportion shift is also why 3 seconds is experienced with the duration of years for myself under salvias wing

Salvia is already illegal in Missouri, Delaware, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Tennessee and all branches of the U.S. Military.

And Alaska, New York, and New Jersey have bills pending :X

Bardo5 said:
Salvia is already illegal in Missouri, Delaware, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Tennessee and all branches of the U.S. Military.

And Alaska, New York, and New Jersey have bills pending :X

better stock up!

I have problems with most "instant" delivery systems (IV or smoke) with psych's...I've smoked DMT, and done IV LSD, and the effect with Salvia is pretty much the same for me...(IV LSD may have been the worst of all, because you don't 'come on' your just , BAM, there, peaking your ass of, without the benefit of a climb or adjustment)...Salvia, when taken in liquid form (sublingual), is so much friendlier for me. I have to say, in about 10-15 min, I'm in Heaven on Earth, thats the only way I can describe it. They merge for me.
Depending upon the dose, it can be mildly euphoric (great for deep meditation), to out and out mind blowing, and the last adventure (this past Wednesday) was probably the the most vivid so far, on the least amount done...(it was a new shipment , I don't know if the potency varies, but it seemed stronger than ever)
If by 'gravity shift' you mean the pulling force, I definitely feel that. It feels to me that I 'm almost being thrown back, but only in a, 'sit back and enjoy this' way... I'm usually sittng on a sofa, or sitting up in bed, and am totally encouraged to 'lay back' by gravity.
It was fairly overwhelming, and this time was the 1st time I felt a bit of resistance to it, because it came on so strong, but I realized i needed to let go and give in.
It feels just as nice as some of the strongest LSD I've ever done, the visuals are exquisite, (even with my eyes open), and that intense 'oneness' that accompanies most of these types of drugs. (To me, there is no question, it is a psychedlic, but call it what you will.) Although during the 'trip' I don't like light or music or any sounds other than the internal sensations. (Later tho, music is a nice accompaniment) and, as with many of these type experiences, all my realizations were very apparent at the time, and shortly thereafter, I suppose, assimilated into my 'normal (for me)' consciousness.
I'm an idealist by nature, and when I go 'there' it all works fine, and all is perfect, for a day or three. After that, I find I'm very disenchanted with the world, and many of it's inhabitants, I'm not very tolerant, so I tend to stay close to home...seeing "Charlie Wilson's War" wasn't an ideal exposure for me this week, and the presidential nominations are a must to avoid at these times. Today, I'm back to taking it in stride, and wonder how much longer I can avoid the monastary, because at this rate, it surely seems my path..lol

The bill failed here in Michigan! 'Bout time they get something right.

BTW, I can't stand the beyond the threshold dose, makes me wig out totally and feel like a million pinpricks accross all my skin. A little bit of 5X in a pipe though is harmlessly relaxing and yet strangly focusing at the same time, plus its great for muscle aches and pains.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.