• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy Salvia Thread (Archived start - 1-20-08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cthulhu said:
Does anyone derive any real benefit from breakthrough Salvia experiences? Something specific?
For me salvia is purely recreational. I have done it quite a few times though and have learned to relax and just soak in the experience. I just love the feeling/images/thoughts that I obtain from it.

therapture said:
......Maybe that was worded badly....it's a hard thing to try and tell someone, how to get ready for a salvia trip.

It's well nigh impossible 8o

I think you worded it pretty well :)

therapture, you're probably right. My set and setting weren't exactly ideal - I was sitting on the couch watching my friends play videogames, and nonchalantly decided to take a bong rip of .1g 20x. As soon as I let that smoke out I thought, uh oh. The world split up into two bands of hazy vibration, I stood up and must have blanked at some point, then reality flattened out (this isnt the best way to describe it, but I've read other reports of the world reducing to 2-dimensions and it's the only way I can put it into words, other than saying everything was severely messed up). Next I was literally peeling away this reality while going down and to the left, as if it were a page in a book, and then I was somewhere else, the reality on the next page so to speak- i had the conviction i was in the 50s/60s, in a room where a lady was sitting down watching television. She looked over at me and said, "this is reality number 21" and then I flipped out because I didn't know how to turn back to my normal reality, I was convinced I was stuck there for all eternity. Never been so scared. Maybe a better setting would have promoted a more pleasant experience, but then again, I had no idea I had even taken the salvia.

^ Thats a pretty good description IMO. I feel like the world is split in two as well, and the middle of my head is in the divide. I remember a time when I did it and instead of two worlds it was above water and underwater, like this:
salviamh3.png
and my friend was sitting to my right and she was "underwater". I remember calling her a salmon and in my salvia space that was incredibly entertaining.

i hust experienced my first instance from smoked salvia that made me realize this shit is endlessly deep...im not sure when im gonna try it again but i would like to prgoress further into the space it seemed to throw me in....i found it kind of similar to the peak of a k hole experience i had ,but mnore deja-vu ish and...fuck i just dont even know...definitely a dissociative feeling to me....i only took a medium size rip of 10x out of a bowland afvter holding the smoke in i got confused,and was feeling urged to look in a circular arch down to my bottom right,i felt a little bit trapped in this space and tried to fight it,but it went away as soon as i recognized something was happening....well there was actually a few seconds of wtf this is not right,but nothing tooo hardcore yet...mild pins and needles....itll be interesting to slowly work my way up with this one...its freaky shit...

A pretty big hit of standardized 10x just made my upper jaw become part of the wall i was resting my head on....i dont know why but i love this shit....might try to semi breakthrough here in a little bit when my trip sitter gets here...every dose above the just kinda buzzing level is very forceful physically,but i strangely like this feeling...the salvia body high is intensely pleasurable to me,but in a burning,pins and needles way....

^I find the pins and needles feeling painful to the point that I rather take salvia at least naked upper body. Always- a tearing sensation from the right, intense pinsneedles; similar to an allergic reaction to opiates, or the immediate buzz of IV fentanyl (I remember before an operation this year the two seconds before I went under- my whole body turned into a pin-and-needle.) Clothing really abrades my skin, similar to how I feel when I take opium. That said, whenever I accidentally over-dose I doen't seem aware of anything in or on my body- its in another world.

I also read about people feeling like a million razor blades on their throat, do you still call that parasthesia? One of the handful of things that still scare me, although I'll definitely break through one day.
P.S. I never fail to crack up reading reports about people smoking 'saliva',
especially since there's a very potent anaesthetic in saliva lol

^I think the parathethesia is an anxiety reaction, possibly due to massive adrenaline dumping drawing blood rapidly away from the skin. I also think there is a histamine release involved.

I've found low potency extracts (3-6X) useful in small amounts for both pain and anxiety. Dosage is funny with this stuff, in amounts below the psychedelic threshold it becomes sedating, not unlike a weak opioid like kratom or codeine, good for relieving headaches.

salvia is FUCKED

Ok, so i got a gram of 10x in the mail last week and was pretty keen to try it, now, i had heard of alot of people not enjoying it at all, but i still wanted to give it a shot as it interested me alot. So, sitting on the computer at 4:30am i thought ''fuck it, ill try it now'', so i packed up my glass pipe and took a huge hit of it, a much as i could possibly cram in there. so i quickly put the lighter and pipe away from me so i dont drop/break them and sit back... INSTANTLY im in another world, this stuff hits you HARD. Ok, so there i was, salvia had just turned from ''hey im kind feeling funny'' to ''hey lets bend your mind so far you dont even know where you are''. The room collapsed itself, and then pushed itself into sections, these sections were almost like books in a bookcase, though spaced apart by about half a meter or so. I am startled and start to panic, i had no recolection of taking the salvia and im FAR from thinking strait, my mind is in no state to do anything, it's almost like for the time period im on salvia, its completely rewired to view, smell, feel, and hear things differently.

Ok so if your reading this your probably thinking 'whoa thats some trippy shit', and it is, BUT NOT ENJOYABLE ONE BIT. I am confused and disorintated, all i can think is ''how can i get this back to normal'', my mind has one thing set to do and thats fight this chemical, fight the way im viewing this room, because im starting to realise that this is NOT NORMAL! So i think ok this is enough, i cant take this, i need to get out, i need to make sure im still in this DIMENSION! I attempt to get to my door, and im walking really, REALLY fucked up, but i make it and PUSH the folds away, they were trying to lock me away from the door, trap me in my room. I manage to get it open and i stumble into my hallway... 'wtf is THIS place' i ask myself, its completely foreign to me, even though i had seen it thousands of times and it wasnt really being altered visually either. I get to the kitchen and at this point im starting to calm down, realising that this is all just the salvia i almost go back to sanity and walk back to my room after looking in the fridge to make sure 'everything is still there'. I lie down and just keep telling myself ''this is gonna be all over in 15 minutes, all over''.

Lying there, buzzying the fuck out and still confused though not panicing like i had been, i could just think 'man this is so confusing, i fucking hope i am not stuck like this forever', it felt like time was going at a stand still, like it was lasting forever, so being early in the morning i just say fuck it, im going to sleep, lets hope im fine when i wake up, and i was, i woke up 8 hrs later with the biggest grin on my face, DAMN am i relieved that was over, i feel SANE AGAIN! REJOICE!

All in all, salvia is FUCKED, more fucked than anyone can comprehend. I did give it another shot, infact i tried it again 3 times, all 3 times were the same, exact thing, the room folded in on itself into layers, and my mind fought it creating panic. There is no way i can just 'sit back and enjoy' on this substance, it just doesnt let you, i WANT to just lie there with my eyes closed, but i can FEEL EVERYTHING GOING ON AROUND ME!

I didnt really want the rest of my salvia(there was plenty left) so i left it at my mates house and let him know that i didnt really care too much what happened to it though might want to try again later. He gave a big cone to a mate, who loved it, he wanted to trade some buds for the rest of it infact! though my mate said no as he was unsure of what i would have wanted to do with it. Another friend of his tried it too, loved it aswell, both enjoyed it which i thought was COMPLETELY fucked, how the HELL can anyone enjoy this shit? ohwell, each to there own huh? :\

^It takes time to get anything beneficial from it I think, first experiences are always described as confusing.

moonyham said:
salvia is FUCKED... INSTANTLY im in another world, this stuff hits you HARD. Ok, so there i was, salvia had just turned from ''hey im kind feeling funny'' to ''hey lets bend your mind so far you dont even know where you are''. ............how the HELL can anyone enjoy this shit? ohwell, each to there own huh? :\
Welcome to the world of Salvia PTSD - except the "post" becomes the "present" ;)

moonyham said:
salvia is FUCKEDhow the HELL can anyone enjoy this shit?

Some people like to bend their minds, it is interesting to see what is over the edge. It is a different type of enjoyment, probably the same as someone would get from going to some strange obscure unexplored jungle, or climbing a harsh frozen mountain.
It is exciting to go to the edge of your existence and see what is there.

That is what makes Salvia interesting to me anyway. I don’t find it pleasurable just very interesting.

If you only smoke a tiny bit, its actually kinda nice, but even a little too much will bend your mental consciousness' into a paperclip. Chewing 1x untreated leaf over a while can produce a light happy sensation with mild psychedelic effects. With all pstchedelics there is a 'low dose' effective to increase well being, its just that so many like to go way beyond that point into the world withing their minds.

hey folks,

i was just wondering how do i smoke 20x extract?
That stuff is like icing sugar, soooooo fine that i think it is impossible to load a tiny pinch in the pipe. should i use some tobacco or weed as a "carrier" ? How much is a good amount to get a feeling for what salvia is like? Any other ROA?

rave23 said:
hey folks,

i was just wondering how do i smoke 20x extract?
That stuff is like icing sugar, soooooo fine that i think it is impossible to load a tiny pinch in the pipe. should i use some tobacco or weed as a "carrier" ? How much is a good amount to get a feeling for what salvia is like? Any other ROA?

yea that will be a good idea... put a little bit of weed in the bowl to give it a little time to burn... inhale slowly and dont remove the lighter until your stop inhaling.. you want to heat it up as much as possible... a bic will be good enough for 20x, but a torch lighter is usually recommended...

just a pinch... with the 7x i use they recommend 1/6 of a gram and i broke through with a bowl and a bic on with that no problem.... so for 20x i would start with around 1/18 of a gram...

hold it for as long as you can... just take the hit and use those last few seconds to make yourself comfortable... i never remember when i exhale, reality just sort of dissolves around 30-40 seconds for me...

okay, since my pipe has an extremely small head i built a device so sophisticated that it would make my dad proud =D

I wrapped aluminum foil around the head multiple times and put a dent where the main bowl is. so it looks like the whole thing has been wrapped tightly in tinfoil. now i poked small holes all around the top rim so it can suck in the smoke. it looks waaaaay cooler than i describe it here =D
would that work?

Also could i vaporize it? At what temperature does the salvia vaporize / combust?

My salvia pipe is just a metal pot pipe but I put brilo in the steam just under the bowl if you have good Salvia the chemical will bubble and ooze, you could probably put a crumpled up screen in the stem also or 2 screens on top of each other. I have never had much luck with tin foil screens can’t get enough holes on them.
A bic lighter is plenty enough to smoke salvia with just light it up like pot. But have somewhere to set it down if you break through because you will probably forget you have anything in your hand.

Last edited:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT =D
i was prepared for anything but that. Darn it that stuff is powerful.
i just filled my pipe with what i thought was good, took a massive rip, inhaled, smiled, thought "hey that feels a lot like N2O", heard a friend calling behind me (there was just a wall...) turned around and gazed at a bizarre Mountain range.
There was nothing, not the slightest bit, weird about it. i was sitting there gazing at a mountain range. Then i realized how odd that is since i am in my bed, leaning against the wall. And then it got ugly =D Mighty ugly. I have not fully understood of what happened, but i know it's over, and that is good.
And i am not going to do that again any time soon.:)
Not like it was scary.... i think someone appeared and showed me their full potential, and then told me that i do not belong there, that it is not the right time for me to discover this world.

so be it

Status
Not open for further replies.