• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy Salvia Thread (Archived start - 1-20-08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fairly experienced with Salvia, so my last trip was really a shocker...

I smoke with the same 2 friends (fellow psychonauts?) and also in the same setting. This time however, they smoked before I did. Their trips are never as intense as mine, but they started to feel paranoid afterwards. I should have known that I was going to have a bad trip. Instead, I forged on down the Sally D Path... Another thing that set me on edge was the use of a soda can as a smoking device. Every other time we've smoked Salvia it was with a nice little bowl.

So we are sitting outside on a trampoline, beautiful night, slightly on edge. I inhale the first large hit, and by the time I've taken the second large hit, I had dropped the lighter/can and melted into the trampoline instantly. As I began to feel the typical sweating and heavy feeling of ego death, I started to see an ominous figure in the sky: it was Satan, coming (from Heaven?!) to peel back the sky in the shape of gingerbread-men. He was coming for me, and I catapulted myself off the trampoline, much to the surprise of my fellow psychonauts. As Satan continued to peel back the sky, I clung to the wet grass for dear life; however, this wasn't enough- I was determined to get away! I began to soldier crawl across the lawn, in what was later described as 'a square pattern.' Eventually Satan subsided, and as I returned to my body, I flung it back onto the trampoline.

At this point, I was completely horrified: I believed that I had been to Hell. I'm not a Christian, so this is interesting. Before, during my (just as heavy but) more enjoyable Salvia trips, I thought that I had found an afterlife or energy that is commonly described by the likes of McKenna, Leary, or Joe Rogan. In the end, I vowed never to do Salvia again, but what fun is that?! :D

Who knows where the road will take us?

rave23 said:
.... i think someone appeared and showed me their full potential, and then told me that i do not belong there, that it is not the right time for me to discover this world. so be it
What Damien8787 says above ............ Sometimes nerves of steel are required for the return journey ;)

i know i don't have the nerves at this point, but i keep the little bag in a hidden secret place until i feel adventurous.
And then i surrender myself to the substance, realize that my humble existence is merely a tiny smear on the pages in the book of life. Maybe she will come along and show me the secrets of my life. who knows. teehee :)

// edit: By no means i am terrified of salvia. I recognized the vast potential, and i respect it. ohhhh i have respect. If you treat her with absolute deep and honest humility she will invite you and take you for a ride.

for some reason that i don't understand i feel like salvia is a god-like female eternal being? Why? When talking about it i automatically refer to those words? What?

rave23 said:
for some reason that i don't understand i feel like salvia is a god-like female eternal being? Why? When talking about it i automatically refer to those words? What?

Nothing strange there: it is universally accepted that Sally D is a goddess which visits a lot of Salvia trippers. I know I personally have seen her, and she gave me guidance throughout my trip (and beyond?)

=D

ive been smoking salvia extract lately again i still have my old baggie with like a gram of 10x.
i smoked about half an hour before and didn´t breakthrough althought i have a great and intense trip..now i feel like in a salvia glow..
the thing with salvia is that i can´t describe the trip well , its hard to me to explain the feelings etc because my english its not so good , but i can say it kinda feels like a dream i was aware i was tripping but i didn´t know whats going on or what i am doing lol
oh and i always sweat lots

Changed said:
Nothing strange there: it is universally accepted that Sally D is a goddess which visits a lot of Salvia trippers. I know I personally have seen her, and she gave me guidance throughout my trip (and beyond?)

=D

i guess this drug just has a strong personality :)
Maybe one day i hear her calling again. I do not doubt anything with this drug...

And the worst thing is that you can buy the stuff everywhere and you don't even know what you are signing up for. Oh god, all those fools trying to get with the salvia goddess...:! :!

I've begun a series of experiments with salvia to try to understand it (her) better. Last night I had three sessions within a few hours, and had semi-breakthroughs all three times (i was also coming down from mescaline at the time). Over the future, I hope to experiment at least once a week and start building an experience log and some kind of subjective effects profile. Maybe others can agree with me on some points.

A few consistencies I've noticed so far:
1) There is something markedly different about the visuals caused by Salvia compared to typical psychedelics. I find often that instead of viewing visuals that are separate from one's self (like a breathing wall), or existing in the mind's eye (like fractal CEVs), one both views and becomes the visual.

2) Consciousness becomes more of an entity. I will almost go so far as to say that one is reduced to his/her soul. Or perhaps "dream body" is more apt. I can't explain this too well, maybe after some further sessions.

3) There is a sensation that many others have described and which I can confirm IME. It's a pulling sensation, and I might describe it as the soul being wrenched from its normal home (this familiar physical reality). So far it has been uncomfortable, and the one time that the pulling was completed (I was torn from this reality to reality no.21, or so the lady who lived there said) I was terrified. I noticed some1 else in this thread described it as if there were realities on different pages in a book - i completely agree with this, you can tear yourself from one page/reality to another.

Here's some instant messages I sent to friend immediately after an interesting experience (although not quite breakthrough):
Me:um
-ok
-so i can actually narrate what happened pretty well
-first i closed my eyes as soon as i exhaled
-then i saw a diamond in my vision
-and my thought was: ok here are some closed eye visuals, CEVs, pay attention to them
friend: ok
-then the diamond split in two and was vibrating pretty hard
-and i was thinking, "thank god im lying down cause i can just go with the flow now"
-not in words but i was thinking along those lines
-then it was like my consciousness got outside me, up and a little to the right and behind me
-and i thought, "hmm interesting i wonder what i can do out here"
friend: strange
-then it was like my consciousness had to be stripped starting at my feet, like there was still consciousness left in my body that had to be taken care of
-so it kind of coiled and melted it upwards into a head near where i was
-like a snake
-and there was a big snake next to me too saying "now we have to go.. go to..." and i tried to think of what it was gonna say next, and then i realized it wasnt the snake talking anymore it was just my thoughts coming out of the snake
-and then the snake split up into a hundred little snakes and they all just laughed
-but what i noticed most of all, was weird cause i started thinking of the visuals, and realized that each visual was accompanied by a feeling of me being the visual

This is very unique stuff, I hope to try dmt soon for some more comparison.

Cthulhu said:
......................Over the future, I hope to experiment at least once a week and start building an experience log and some kind of subjective effects profile......
It will be good to read your reports. Try to be quite reflective if you're using Salvia so often. I believe some other people who frequent this forum have found that it can be quite a challenge staying sane.

There is also the supposed 'reverse-tolerance' of Salvia, so repeated use over a short period may yield interesting results

:D

EntheoDjinn said:
It will be good to read your reports. Try to be quite reflective if you're using Salvia so often. I believe some other people who frequent this forum have found that it can be quite a challenge staying sane.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Isn't Salvia being illegalized in some states because of a kid who killed himself very possibly because of it?

Changed said:
There is also the supposed 'reverse-tolerance' of Salvia, so repeated use over a short period may yield interesting results

:D

I found that repeated use over a short period made the transition to salvia world much easier. It seemed less abrupt and less scary, but just as intense.

moonyham said:
salvia is FUCKED...... ohwell, each to there own huh? :\

Indeed. My first salvia experience was with 20x and it was really enjoyable for me. It was a bit strange, but thats to be expected

Cthulhu said:
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Isn't Salvia being illegalized in some states because of a kid who killed himself very possibly because of it?
It's doubtful the kid killed himself because of salvia, though it may have been a "contributing factor" (see Brett's Law.) Far more likely is that the Delaware statute's originators shamelessly cloaked the sickening new law with the name of a dead boy to guilt the legislature into passing it and feel like they were accomplishing something while depriving their constituents of an absolutely unique and invaluable tool for psychological and spiritual self-exploration.

^Can't stop from growing it though ;)

fuck i forgot how amazing salvia is. if/when i get some ill be sure to post

EntheoDjinn said:
It likes to be around ;)

It does indeed :) and think about it- it is pretty hardy once acclimatised, it doesn't smeel strong (like weed) it doesn't look remarkable (to most) and it could be grown as a lawn. Good luck, LE, trying to control this stuff....8)

swilow said:
It does indeed :) and think about it- it is pretty hardy once acclimatised, it doesn't smeel strong (like weed) it doesn't look remarkable (to most) and it could be grown as a lawn. Good luck, LE, trying to control this stuff....8)

Stock up now, b/c it'll be illegal all over the US soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.