• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy First Trip Description Thread (New!)

I was 15 and i got 2 hits of plain white perforated blotter took them around 9 pm and then smoked a blunt, by the time i was done with i had supersenstive hearing and then.... my mind was BLOWN i cant really explain it, but it was the greatest trip i ever had.

My first time was just the other day!

I was on vacation at rehoboth beach, and my friends sent me out early in the morning to save a spot for them. I took two white unperf blotter hits, and started reading a book laying on the beach. After about an hour, I decided to put on some music (dark side of the moon) and just took off from there. I ended up going swimming amongst the big waves, just riding them up and down, feeling this huge surge of universal love. The only visual aspect of the trip was when I looked up into the sky at the clouds and they were swirling everywhere and going crazy, but it was an incredible mind f*ck. I understand now where the hippies get all their peace and love feelings from now =D

Oh, and as cliche as this sounds, I ended up listening to dark side of the moon like 9 times over the course of the day....that, and jimi hendrix. Good times.

Xorkoth said:
My first experience was very much like yours, but it was with mushrooms. My first LSD trip (and all of the few I have) have never become very much. But here is the report of my first psychedelic trip, on mushrooms. It has never been matched and remains the most powerful exprience of my life. Totally paradigm-shifting, life-changing.

My first trip

Oh wow, I read that trip a while ago! Haha now I know who wrote it.

Great report. Very interesting!

First time on acid, flashback to May '97, age 17. First time with any drug that wasn't weed. Perfect night, wasn't too hot, wasn't too cold. Drove out to a friend's house in the boondocks with good ol' Bob. They lived half a mile away from an airport, a two story house that was built in the 1860s with a willow tree out front. There was us two, plus the dealer-friend and her two friends. All three were goth chicks, graduated high school in '87 and been stuck in that era since. Whole different breed, let me tell ya.

Bob and I order up 2 hits each, plus another 5 hits each for next weekend. Total price $40. The girls say we should hang out there. Everyone doses around 8pm. Forty-five minutes later it starts to come on. Starts in the toes and slowly creeps up the backs of my legs. When it hits my trunk I start grinning mad. Likewise Bob and the girls. After all this waiting, been wanting to try some for so long, but every weekend it's "Sorry, no, we couldn't find any." It's finally happening. The dealer starts whipping up batches of Oohblech.

What's Oohblech? Oh kids, you haven't lived till you play with this stuff. Cornstarch + warm water, blended to a consistency of oatmeal. Quick! Go make some right now! Hours of entertainment! Stick your hand in a bowl of that stuff. Great little frytoy. Is it solid? Is it liquid? It's both and neither! And warm and squishy and everything in between! Holy gods I'm loving this stuff! Up to my elbows in it.

Acid's coming on strong. Time starts to slow down. I see little movements in my peripheral vision. Anything I focus on stops moving, but ghostly copies radiate outward, then bleed into their surroundings like a drop of dye in water. At one point I coo like a pigeon, "Oohblech mmm!" Then I made a slurp sound because I'm salivating. One of the girls looks at me; between her and I there's a fountain drink on the table. She sees the straw but not the cup. She thinks I just drank some Oohblech. I try to say No, but I can't think of how to put it. I give her a sheepish grin and her eyes bug out. And I suddenly realize how she looks like a 30s cartoon character, complete with Pacman eyes. She's wearing a vinyl black and white checked car coat, a leather beret. She puts on Squirrel Nut Zippers and dances the Charleston. Mimes driving a convertible, beeps on a horn, waves at passers-by. Excellent stuff. She's a frytoy in herself. A cyberflapper.

The girls decide they want some Subway. They take off with some words of wisdom: "Don't look in a mirror! Drink some orange juice! Go for a walk!" It's been a couple hours. A walk sounds like a great idea. Bob and I go, leave the lit house and head down the road in sheer darkness. We each take a side of the road No moon, no streetlamps or nearby houses. Just the stars and the big airport spotlight that spins around and around and around. We're starting our peak. Time is crawling. Stars wash out and reappear from every pass; a psychedelic doppler. It sounds like waves crashing ashore each time. It is so perfect. I can see so many stars, the sky is rainbow glitter, killed and reborn every 10 seconds. Spotlight scares them, woooosh, they come out of hiding and dance some more. Car is coming. Bob and I are on each side of the road. Heart beats faster. It's slowing down. Wish it would pass. No sidewalk, little shoulder. It's on my side. I look over at Bob. His face is featureless except for skin-colored bubbles. Like boiling taffy. I get the permagrin. Stare at the headlights, crack up uncontrollably. Car passes within inches and I feel every molecule in my body humming like a bee hive. My soul feels like it got a good scrubbing. We watch the tail lights go around the corner. The trails from the headlights are giving off their own fractal neon smoke. "Maybe we should go back," one of us says.

We're smoking cigarettes on the front porch, the peak is wearing off. We go inside. I put on the soundtrack to the computer game Quake. Not the best fry music I had but I didn't feel like anything with lyrics. The peak was over, but I didn't know what to expect. No one really prepared me for all this. Still, I was having a good time seeing geometric patterns, trails and an iridescent reflection on the edges of everything. Used the bathroom, took a long leak and that was an incredible experience, feeling all my anxieties drain away from me. I felt like I lost 100 pounds. I was completely renewed. Stared in the bathroom mirror for 10 minutes. Strange seeing your own face for the very first time. No bias or premeditation. Saw each layer of skin. Saw what coders call subsurface scatter diffusion(?). Saw myself morphing into different expressions. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9EpnVAl5JA is a really good presentation of that. I got a kick out of it. Scary? Lies!

Girls came home. The dealer brought her sister, my brother's girlfriend. One threw me a bag of Sunchips. Never had them before. After a few it felt like I was slicing open the sides of my mouth with salty razor blades. Kept eating, even after that thought. I knew that corn chips can't do that, no sense freaking over something impossible. Then I realized I probably won't get one of those ++++ experiences because I ground myself too hard. One girl looks at me and goes "You're eating? How can you eat on acid??" Room goes quiet except for Quake music by Nine Inch Nails. That annoying seventh track that's like a heartbeat for 8 minutes. Good time to turn off music. Bob looks like a mad horse, with large nostrils a-flaring and a great black mane of hockey hair.

Myself and the sister go out and smoke in front of the willow tree. She says it always reminds her of little corpses swinging from it when she's frying. Hmmm, now that you mention it... Came in, found my Oohblech cold and hard. Analogous to that point in the evening. Made the comment "Everything must come to an end." The girls all went to bed, told Bob and I to stay until we're able sober enough to drive. We stayed for another couple hours, finding little things to trip on. Stared at the walls, ceiling, carpet, kept very quiet to ourselves.

Can't remember much else about that night. Driving was easy, uneventful. Took Bob home, got home about 5:30. Turned on lava lamp, tried to draw, thinking I would squirt out some Dali-esque imagery. Not so. Guess acid didn't flip on the creativity switch I was hoping it would. Took about 2 hours for my brain to calm down before I could sleep. My jaw was sore. My molars hurt. The acid was cut with speed. But it was a neat experience. I knew I was just scratching at the surface, the way people always raved about it. Plenty of giggles, a ++ experience. Plus I had that little five-hit strip in my pocket, wrapped so carefully in tinfoil. I fell asleep smiling.

Really nice story man. But I'm pretty sure acid isn't cut with speed. Even if it was it wouldn't do anything because the amount would be too small. I remember my jaw hurting bad as well my first trip. I cracked it alot- something about the tension release made the trip kick in even harder. Nice report though!

First experience was 2.5 years ago. I was at my friend's relative's quinceanera and we spent the whole day trying to find a good place and opportunity to dose. Well, we fucked up our chances by dicking around for most of the day and resorted to taking them in this trailer park with a bunch of strangers. (Not the best setting eh?)

Well regardless of the hectic day and environment I was having a great time for the first 4 hours or so. It's still been my most colorful trip as every wall was lit up with constantly changing vibrant colors. My friends' faces were shifting with their eyes rotating. During the good phase of the trip I wasn't noticing much of the mental effects other than being simply confused about what was happening, but for the most part was just laughing at random things and enjoying the sensory distortions. But after my friends went to sleep I was awake in the trailer by myself and began slipping into a mild bad trip. Or negative thought loops at least. I watched my friend's body decompose on the couch which was very disturbing and unsettling. I then just paced around trying to keep my mind off things and whenever I'd remain stationary for more than a few seconds I'd get horrible thoughts and visions about death. Though this was mental torture I was able to keep control and kept telling myself the trip was dying down. I couldn't sleep because I kept getting nasty CEVs of blood and guts.

When the negative thinking subsided, the experience became even more surreal as I tried to catch some sleep. All my senses felt like they molded into one and I watched faces form and move along the walls. I finally fell asleep and awoke the next morning feeling brain dead. When I went home the next day my mom accused me of being high (off marijuana) and I couldn't even speak coherently so just went ahead with it. Better that than acid eh?

my first time i ate acid was a gel tab it was almost a year ago. i was so nervous i was shaking and i didnt know what to expect. i sat outside on a pier with a few friends and laughed A LOT and watched a beautiful sunset. it was a great experience and it gets better everytime

WOW first trip was amzg

Well first off hello to every one Im new to the forums. This past sat night i decided it was time to eat mushrooms for the first time i got 6 grams of cubes.
A buddy and my self took some st. johns wort and split the 6 grams. This was my first time to ever try a psychedelic drug I had done X and am a every day smoker of the erb but nuthing could have prepared me for what was about to take place ha!!!!! It was freaking amazing what a roller coaster of emotions It took about 45 mins i start feeling the efects bright colors we were in my backyard at sunset it was like i was inside a painting. Then an hour give or take 15 mins the ride began
I was seeing some hard core shit man the grass was a huge wave of green rocking up and down the clouds were amazing to see at sunset man wow I didint expect to see so many visuals we went to a store and the ilse of the store were moving all over the place it was a bit overwelming at some points. But all and all i loved it and plan to repeat it many many times. Now i have a few questions form some veteran trippers.

Have you ever felt like you could communicate with something not human while you were tripping?

Also is it recomended to just grow your own shrooms?

I would have to say that i hit a strong lvl 4 wich was insane for my first trip does st johns wort realy make the big of a diffe

1. Yes, I remember one particularly strong mushie trip that I began telepathically communicating with a mug that had been sitting in my room for a long time. He was telling me how he felt neglected by me and that I really should wash him and put him back in the cupboard where he belongs. That sounds so stupid but it all seemed reasonable at the time. Don't even get me started on communicating with animals and plants.

2. Yes, I would recommend growing your own shrooms, IMO you shouldn't be paying for them but I suppose it's easier. Shrooms are alot easier to grow that you might think. Go to www.shroomery.org for more info.

Glad you had such a good experience. Remember not to overdo it as it can take away the significance of tripping and possibly leave your mind a bit torn for a while.

I hope you stick around bluelight, you will find it's a great community :)

Merged this post and a response into this thread, the "describe your first trip" thread.

Also, I Big and Dandified this and added a link in the Best of PD page. From now on, discussion of your first trip should be done in here. :)

Last edited:
^Merged in an homage to a first trip.

Sounds excellent! I too had a perfect and spiritual and life-changing first trip, on mushrooms though. I'm so glad for you! :) <3

LuGoJ said:
I started to write about my first trip last night because i wanted to post here but it wound up being 4 pages long and i am still not even 1/4th done with it lol.. i guess i will save it for the trip reports section :)

yea i tried to write about the trip on the comedown of my first trip yesterday but i hadn't made enough sense of the events to describe everything that had happened, i just picked up a pen and im at 4 pages and not even close to done but i will try and type up a condensed summary of the events of the night... and by condensed i mean this is only about a page and a half in word, I may go back and do revision later because im sure there are mistakes in grammar and various typos but it is late and i need sleep....

Me and a friend each took one and a half hits which was recommended by the person we bought them from, and he said 2 would be a bit much for a first time. We had planned to take them earlier in the day at a friends house but that plan fell through and we went back to my friends house. At 11pm Saturday night his dad had gone to sleep and his mom wasn't home so we decided to just take them which in retrospect wasn't the greatest of ideas. 45 minutes later i started to laugh at things that weren't even very funny, i laughed for no real reason at all. Soon after i looked at the ceiling and patterns of static were starting to form and then the odd thoughts started and it occurred to me how crazy of a night this was going to be. I sent a text message to a girl i know into acid and she just told me to think happy thoughts and just let go, and by this point in time there was nothing except happy thoughts racing through my head.

The effects were building fast after the initial kind of anxiety about 45 minutes after the blotters touched my tongue. The visuals were building, music started to become powerful, and my thoughts were starting to go into weired chains of random revelations. Everything seemed to have a purpose. I was feeling happier than I have ever felt thousands of times over. I laughed at myself, I laughed at everything, I laughed at nothing, and I laughed for the sake of laughing. Me and my friend found ourselves wondering how something this beautiful could turn into a nightmare for some.

The trip was wonderfully impulsive, deciding to go out on the deck lead to me and my friend wandering around the neighborhood for about half a mile at around 1 am, we hadn't quite reached the peak yet and i still had enough composure to act normally if i wanted to. The energy of the trip made us feel like jogging which was fun bit ridiculous at the same time because my legs kind of felt like jello. After about 20 minutes we were back at the house and we sat on a bench staring at the sky until a dog started to bark at us.

My friend apparently had a voice in his head telling him philosophical wisdom about the meaning of life and the voice which he had very little control over was speaking through him... At time he would use his regular voice but I found the voice to be a bit creepy in a psychotic sort of way, but he was having a great trip where he loved everyone and everything and to him there was no evil left in the world.

Despite my better judgment or lack thereof sometime after the peak we decided to smoke some weed, there was probably only half a gram or so but our tolerances were decently low. The weed high seemed to fill in anything that the acid had missed until i was in a state of perfect hazy bliss. Oh and I had the strange idea of using iced fruit punch for bong water which made the smoke have a fruity taste, purely impulsive idea that seemed smart at the time.

Around the peak of the trip i was having what seemed like thousands of thoughts over the course of hours but if i gathered myself enough to look at the clock only 1 or 2 minutes had passed. The epiphanies I was having were wonderfully fulfilling, and the next time i trip im having a tape recorder to at least have a record of some of the things I said or thought.

The trip for me was much more mental than visual although that isn't to say there weren't a great deal of visuals during the trip. I found myself wondering if all of the stars in the sky actually existed or if they were just another hallucination. Walls and stationary objects seemed to shift and breath, and although many people suggest staying away from mirrors i found myself staring at myself for what seemed like hours. I have no real issues with the way I look and i knew it was just the acid making my face contort in all of these strange ways.

At around 8 am the alarm clock went off and i turned it off for some reason, im not sure if i managed sleep but at 10 am or so i jumped out of bed from an apparent sleep but i was completely awake and alert. I was still feeling the effects of the drug but not enough to be considered tripping, just my thoughts going around and around trying to make sense of the events only a few hours before. The trip left me psychologically shaken because it was very intense despite how amazing the experience was. It left me feeling happy and more optimistic for the world and the people in it as well as leaving me with a respect for how beautiful the world around us really is. I have also been kind of quiet since the trip because im still trying to understand the trip and get my mind in order but things are going back to normal quickly.

my old pothead buddy moved back into town and took me to the city for some grungy party, got there smoked a couple blunts took shrooms for the first time and walked around the city having a +3 -4 for awhile, felt one with god, came down took the bus to the next town to some ghetto ass apartment to stay with some dude, he had some hits so we bought 5 i took 2 and tripped cid first time ever same night as shrooms, I was in a wonderful place of fantasy and beauty and wonder. i was watching the boondocks thinking it was a secret code to black men lol. then i took the bus home in the morning with a new outlook on life :)

Looking to try acid soon, based on the info and descriptions on this here site. Shall hopefully report back within the week.

Failing having anything acid-based to put here now, thought I'd pass the time re-telling my salvia experience a few years back.

One of my best friends, and regular stoning buddy, had heard about it on everyonedoesit, and figuring it was legal (therefore couldn't be that strong...) suggested we try it. So we head to our semi-local head shop, avoid getting ID'd (we were 14/15 at the time), and pick up some 10x extract. Yeah, young, naive, and foolish.

So we get back to his around 5, each have a tasty bowl. We sat around for fifteen minutes, waiting for it to kick in. Unfortunately, all we experienced was a very slight "floaty" feeling for about a minute, then felt a bit unwell. So we put it away and spend the eve with green instead. The next day he said he wasn't up for trying it again, so gave me the whole lot (£25 worth, same size as about 2/3g of bud I think). This was during a phase where I'd bong out of my bedroom window several times each night, so naturally the next night I tried it again, having heard that the first time doesn't always have an effect.

Not wishing to be disappointed, I mix a bowl of half weed, half salvia, and chug away. I settle back down to some tv, and as the bud takes effect I figured "fuck it, I'll just do one huge bowl of salvia, the spilling over the edge kind." I have pretty much just enough time to come away from the last rip when it hits. Hard. I'm suddenly convinced I left my body when I walked away from the bong, and after enjoying this feeling for a while, begin to realise my parents will shortly be home, and I can't risk having them walk in with me just motionless by the bong, it would be undignified (and good grounds for severe punishment).

Thus I anxiously set about the process of trying to return to an incarnate state, figuring if I stand just as I had when I pulled away from the bong I'd pot back in (oddly it had never occurred to me that I couldn't in fact see the body I'd left - different planes of existance and all that, I guess). Having succeeded at this, I then turn around to see that the dark half of my room (I only had a bedside light on) was now pitch black, and featured multi-coloured alphabetical fridge magnets floating around in the darkness (no, seriously). My state of wonder was interrupted by what can only be described as a baby elephant made of said magnets at my door, inviting me to come and play with it on my landing. I kept telling it I had to put the bong away first, when it's mother came along and said "come on now, leave that fuckwit junkie alone, he's tripping his balls off," Or words to that effect. They leave, and I set about trying to leave my body again in order to try walking through walls, an idea which leaves me with a large lump on the back of my head, and many items tumbling from my shelves. As well as a later appreciation of the small miracle my parents maintained their belief I was asleep.

Now, anxiety and fear begin to set in - in my naivety, I'd had no idea of the head-fuck aspect of the drug - so I decide the best course of action is to just sleep it off. The last I remember of the trip was laying down on my bed, wishing with all my heart I'll be able to sleep and escape what had become a bit of a bad trip. My bed responds by becoming a flat-bed train carriage and disappearing into the tunnel materialsing at it's foot.

In retrospect, a sitter and a less potent extract would have definitely been a good idea, as well as a better setting. There's nothing like tripping in the same house as your parents to induce a helping of paranoia (or rather, justified fear) into an evening. I haven't done it since, but I'm not against trying again, now armed with a few more years of maturity and knowledge of the drug. The one thing it taught me was to always research a drug first, if trying it without experienced users around.

Tell that to my one k-hole venture, mind... But more of that another day.

Last edited:
My first trip is going to hopefully be next weekend, going to edit this post later :D
I cant wait :)

My first psychedelic experience was on mushrooms. A friend came to my house with a small bag of magical dust; a half hour later I was possessed by shivers zapping through my body. A bit later I notice that a Cubist painting of a woman on my wall was made of glass shards encased in an iron frame, and one glass shard was transparent, revealing a crystalline river flowing over rocks beneath it.

While watching a Frida Kahlo painting in an album, her hair started growing like branches on a tree, then writhing like a nest of snakes. The white ceiling in my room was carpet-bombed, with shock waves slowly extending and colliding with each other.

We went through the park, where I played with the clouds in the sky, then we ended up taking a subway ride (I got tripped out by a hugeass cop sitting across of me who I thought was giving me the evil eye) and arrived to a girl's apartment. A few hours into the trip I was a bit weary, tired and humbled, but I finally felt like I was waking up (I was still tripping solidly). So I said "Hey, I think I'm coming down". The girl and my friend looked at each other with a knowing smile and she said "You never come down." After that they both burst into satanic laughter. I almost shat myself.

I can only wish you don't come over sitters like that. :)

Can I say my first trip even though it wasn't with acid but with mushrooms? I know I know i'm mr newbie to psychedelics only done shrooms once. It was 4 days ago and I ate about 2.5g as did my friend, we were in the forest, not all that far from my house, it had mountains and bushy paths and stuff. We were sitting on the mountains eating our shrooms, then we sat around for awhile just talking and looking at the trees and looking down the mountains, I was holding a cig for 45 minutes as I was waiting for me to start tripping, for some reason I felt I needed to be holding that cig and not smoke it untill I was tripping. It was so great, we started to get that feeling that everything was just...different, and shapes and everything just looked weird, we both started to get really giggly and started laughing and doing things, one of the things I remember was when the peak was starting I believe, I was sitting on a rock in my own world thinking and smoking a cig looking around at the natural beauty and my friend was walking down this mountain slower than a sloth, after about 5 minutes of him moving like 2 feet I bursted in laughter and my buddy was like "whooaaaa, this is alot bigger than it actually is..." We walked around for awhile and decided to eat some more shrooms, we both took about 1.5 grams more. We sat on a bench and started looking at the different scenes of beauty as they morphed and shifted and melted all over eachother, there were these patterns in the trails that were amazing, when I looked at the floor it was like a flowing river and then all of a sudden my feet felt like they were wabbling up and down as if it was like an ocean current with those little ripply waves. Then I noticed everything was breathing and had a pulse. We then started talking about all these different things in life and the actuality of everything. Anyways, alot more happened but I can't be arsed typing it all, later that day when my friend left I ate the rest of my shrooms (2 grams or so) and went out somewhere else with abunch of people. I'm looking forward to doing them again. I want to try acid too but I'm sort of worried about that.

Another willing first time tripper

Hi,

As the title of the thread indicates, I am thinking of trying psychedelics for the first time and although I have read numerous similar threads on the forum I feel the need to start my own as I would much rather receive personal responses as my situation is a somewhat unique one.

Having been a toker for a few years now, I have for quite a while been considering doing either LSD or mushrooms and the only thing stopping me from having already done either is my anxiety disorder.

To elaborate, I am generally a very nervous person who had his symptoms exacerbated by an incident when I had only smoked marijuana a few times prior and had a full-blown panic attack lasting hours. I then had regular panic attacks when sober but after a year or so of self-therapy I managed to keep it under control and now only experience mild anxiety when smoking buds and occasionally mild to moderate panic which I do manage to keep under control and stay calm until it wears off.

I'm sure a lot of you will ask if I am truly willing to experience LSD or mushrooms and the answer is certainly yes. I have done extensive research and also spoken to friends who have done or do do either substance and the experience seems like something I would most definitely benefit from especially being a very introspective and spiritual person when stoned and also one who places great importance in self exploration while under the influence.

Another point of concern is that I seem to be particularly susceptible to mind-altering substances at least from my experiences with marijuana; I feel the effects of it far more than others and even experience mild hallucinatory effects in the sense that my mind seems to process visual and auditory stimuli differently as opposed to seeing or hearing something non-existent. For example, I may look at a tall plant and think it to be a sculpture or statue and only realise what it really is upon further inspection or after performing a double-take. The strongest hallucinatory experience being the aforementioned time I had a massive panic attack after smoking and looking out a window overlooking the ocean, I saw a speedboat cruising past leaving behind a white wake. Then, after having my attention occupied by something else in the room for a few minutes and looking back out the window, I noticed that the boat was in the exact same position as before and, after focusing more carefully on what I thought to be a speedboat, I then realised it was nothing more than a fingerprint smudge on the glass.

Having already said more than I need to, I propose the question of whether or not it would be wise to do either LSD or mushrooms with my underlying conditions and if so, which psychedelic, what dosage and also precautionary measures such as having Alprazolam (more specifically Xanax) handy. A friend even suggested that I wait until I'm older as, to quote him, I am supposedly a bit young at seventeen years of age and should wait until I develop a more mature mindset. Thank you for taking the time to read my overly long-winded post and your thoughts/comments are greatly appreciated.