• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy First Trip Description Thread (New!)

dbailey11

Bluelighter
They say you never forget your first. And I happen to agree. This thread is for giving a brief account of your 1st time experiences with the Grand Dad of synthetic psychedelics: L.S.D.

I'll give the short version:

I was 15 and it was '94 in Clearwater Beach, Fl. The Dead had just played in Tampa the previous weekend, so there were plenty of hippies wandering around. I'd been getting into pot and had wanted to try acid; and since my cousin was visiting with my aunt from PA for Spring Break, I wanted to find some. We were walking along and this dude comes up behind me and says, "wanna buy some hits?"

I was all over it. He sells me a piece of paper about an inch squared- and there was no perforation in it either- I've never bought paper like that since. We haggled on the price and then smoked a joint- and dude was off just like that.

Anyway, I ended up eating the whole piece of paper because I'd been cutting small pieces off and nothing was happening. So three hours go by and nothing. I'm pissed because I've obviously been had. Me and my cousin are sitting out on a balcony outside our hotel room and he tells me a joke (which I can't remember now). So I start laughing at the joke; and then I can't stop. I just start cracking up for a few minutes and I realize 'oh shit it's coming on'.

I go to stand up and I can't feel my legs right- they're jello and I have to look down to make sure they're still there. Yep, still there! From there I was hit like a ton of bricks. I felt like I was going over the edge of the balcony and I sat back down. Whoah! What the fuck?

That night was the most perfect experience I could've asked for- more even. So so much happened. Complete out of body, we are all one, of course, it's so simple, archetypal acid trip. Awesome. And this was in a hotel with my aunt and cousin sleeping a few feet from me. No anxiety whatsoever, which to this day I find amazing. At one point I remember going out on the balcony and just rapping to myself, to no one at all; and then I go back in and excitedly but quietly wake up my cousin.

"Ben, wake up"
"What, huh?"
"Ben, I know why the universe was created."
"Why?"
"Because God was bored!"
"Go back to sleep."
"I can't."

Man that was a fucking incredible night. I'm sure I'll never have another trip that could ever even come close to matching that- the innocence of, with no expectations, just pure fun.

So please everyone, share your stories.=D

I just got my first 4 suger cubes with lsd blotted on 2 hours ago. And im dosing hopefully in about an hour so I will edit this space soon!

I got a whole lotta paper and pens at the ready for the trip.

I'm planning on 1 cube for my first time since the cubes are £5 ($10) each Hoss. I might waight till thursday since reading the advice in my other thread.

Last edited:
^ Can't wait to hear the results; are you planning on dosing all 4? Curious as I have only had blotter paper.

I'll never forget my first time - I was in highschool, 'twas the mid-90's and a classmate at the time was working at a Kenny Rogers Roasters who just so happened to have a slew of LSD on offer (CHEAP back then - and hell that isn't really all that long ago). One Saturday on my lunch break from my job at a drug store I went over to his spot and ordered a "lunch meal" complete with a side of 10 hits of acid tucked in the napkins, foil style (meal deal - eh?). Fast forward to the next weekend, and I was getting ready to attend a great yearly outdoor rave that took place here in Northern California named "Freedom" (was put on by the folks that brought the timeless "Gathering" parties in the SF Bay; much like the "Gatherings", "Freedom" has been defunct for years).

Heard a ghetto honk as my friend came and picked me up on his HOOPTIE ass old school Datsun pickup, and we were on our way into the country. He forgot something at his house, so when we stopped by there and he ran in, I dropped 2 hits on the tongue without hesitation. Interestingly, at this point I was the only one who was in on the acid plan, though once we reached our destination at "Freedom" (which was about 1.5 hr away) I definitely was starting to feel it.

I told my friend that I was starting to trip acid for the first time at that point and he was actually jealous as he had not experienced it at that point either, so I hooked him up with 2 as well. Long story short, we had a flippin' BLAST! Talk about an experience; HUGE outdoor canvas, incredible music under the stars, great people, great times - and a great trip. From what I remember of that experience these days, I recall that it was moreso a spiritual/vibe trip than a visual one, though over the following weeks when I re-dosed on the same batch I did catch some very strong visuals and went down some new and interesting avenues, all positive. One of our other friends who was sober that night drove us back home in the hooptie, which was also a trip in its own right.

Over 10 years later I look back on my first night with LSD as an incredible one. LSD really opened my mind to alot of things and though it has been a few since I last experienced such, I will always love acid. Good times!

Hmm, i tried acid for the first time two summers ago at the beginning of august. i never smoked habitually, had never been drunk in my life, tried tobacco, or any other drugs for that matter. i hadn't smoked herb in months, since school was out .
i had got the tabs from these two ex-ravers, dead head types at this world music fest in grass valley. it was more family oriented, but they had assumed it was a, i dunno, getting fuckd up fest, which it wasn't...

anyways i got two tabs and saved it for 2 months, reading and researching about this strange drug. haha so sad now, but i got them for $5 a piece, coulda got 5 for $20 but didn't know at the time that that was the deal of a lifetime...

finally took it at a friends house at like 11 at night, just ate some pizza hanging out watching a movie... i didn't feel anything at like 1.5 hours called a friend i hadn't talked to in months cuz i thought he might be knowledgable and asked if i should take the other tab? he said yea might regret it if not right? i took the other hit and 10 min later... just out of my mind, entranced by 2001 a space odyssey, mario 3 then for like the next 4 hours, 3 to 7 friend went to bed and i laid on the couch in the dark listening to music... floyd, the 9th, no techno at this time though lol

nothin has come close to that and i think it has something to do with being so naive and unaware with drugs in general at the time, but yea so incredible and amazing, i actually am best friends with the person i called that night and was kinda reintroduced to him because of that night, and best part is he's the one that convinced me of the merits of ecstacy. sorry bout the length and rambling...

Mine wasn't all that exciting...hell, it was very frightening for a good 4 hours of it. But once i decided that i had to leave the dorm that i was in and go wandering around the snow-covered CD, i saw some of the most beautiful landscapes i'd ever seen. Downtown Montreal had never seemed so amazing and full of life, and the snow i was stepping in was like walking on the hair of angels.

Mine was absolutely great and it took me a long time to realize that many others just feel scared and confused for 8 hours.
Set and Setting. Set and Setting. Set and Setting. Some people even believe that when you tell them. Many don't. Oh well.

I tried my first hit of LSD when i was 20 years old about a year ago. Honestly i can say this was one of the scariest but most amazing moments in my life. I got 5 hits from a friend of a friend at around 12am on saturday/sunday after being up over 24 hours after a percocet binge. At first we decided we would wait to take them or I would do them alone at a later time. But after asking my friend if he wanted to take a hit he said sure why not we had nothing else to do. So we only ate half a hit each at first but about 30 mins later we didnt feel anything so we split another hit.

We started laying on the couches in the dark listening to The Doors one of my all time favorite bands. He had to go to the bathroom and i still wasnt sure if i felt anything. I went and sat next to the dog (a chihuaha) on the couch when i started feeling like the dog was scared or something. I started to freak out and i thought the dog was hurt. When my friend came out of the bathroom i told him i think his dog is really scared and he asked me what i did to it. I said i didnt do anything to it and i thought he was accusing me of hurting his dog. Then he told me he wasnt and just wanted to see what was wrong then he turned the light on and looked at the dog and she was sleeping....yup thats right she wasnt even sitting up next to me like i thought, she was passed out. WOW. So this is acid huh? He went and put the dog away with good reason.

We had a good laugh about that and decided to smoke some weed and change the music because it was freaking me out a little bit. My friend turned the lights on and put on some Hendrix when the lights made a sudden shift and everything got dark and the lights rushed into focus over us. We started talking about how long this lasts and i forgot what he said but the next thing i knew i thought my friend was the devil trying to sell me acid for the rest of my life! Then he started putting some stuff away when i ask him what he was doing and things get a little weird. All the sudden i start to think hes putting everything away to try and kill me! I started to put my shoes on and told him not to move i was about to run out of the house! He told me to calm down that everything would be OK he reminded me i have taken acid and i would be like this for a while. I remembered i was on drugs and just calmed down. He packed a bowl and everything was right in the world again.

After smoking a bowl i decided i wanted to get my ciggs from the car to calm down. He reminded me that before we tripped he told me that i needed to make sure i have everything i need right next to me so that we dont go outside. Hes very paranoid about his neighbors and me bad tripping wasnt going to add to his comfort zone. I told him i wouldnt rest until i had my ciggs after all i am an addict right? So he tells me that he wont come with me and if anything happens he is not responsible. I tell him ok ill be right back i promise. I actually just grabbed the ciggs and came right back. Didnt get stuck in some crazy dimension on my way suprisingly. In retrospect the ciggs were a bad idea.

I go inside and smoke a cigg in his garage. This wasnt any ordinary garage, this garage was piled to the celing with SHIT. It smelled like dog crap and i felt all the sudden like i was in a big trash pile when randomly it hit me! This was all one big joke. I suddenly thought i was on a hidden camera reality TV show and that my friend was in on it. I thought any moment some cameras were gonna roll out and some show host would pop out somewhere and tell me i was on TV. What the fuck?

I guess the acid is really fucking with my mind more than i thought? I never knew a drug this powerful. We go inside after i decide ill never smoke a cigarette again after being subjected to that garage who would want to right? We go inside and decide to turn the TV on and watch a movie and smoke a bowl. Im watching the movie and my friend calls me over to his living room. He's looking at a painting. I look at this painting and almost wanted to cry. This was one of the most beautiful sights i have ever seen in my life. Suddenly i knew this is what acid was meant for. Natural beauty. Fuck TV! We stare and conversate about the painting for what seemed to be a while when we wanted to go and look for other paintings around his house. We spend about an hour looking at some of the most amazing things i have ever seen.

After this we sat down and smoked some weed and listened to music with the lights off. This is where things got crazy again. We started talking about love and he points out to me that were talking about the same thing the song is talking about. What the fuck? How is this possible? Im not hearing the lyrics to this song when im speaking. The song eventually changes and the same thing happens again subconciously! What the fuck!!!! This is insane. This is the first time i ever noticed my true sensitivity to music. Ever since this trip i can connect a song and a feeling from the first few moments of it. Being an artist myself its been one of the most valuable experiences of my life.

The night goes on and we just watched some Adam Sandler movies because i was too afraid going outside might take me somewhere i dont want to be. In retrospect i should have gone outside and experienced nature but i was just too terrified of the things i had seen earlier to trust myself outdoors.

There were alot of other things that happened but i dont have the time to type all the little details. It was a very long very excited and extremely terrifying trip at moments but wow. What a new world it opened. Since then i've tripped 6 times and never had any moments like this again. I've always been able to control myself in any set and setting since then.

i remember my first acid trip.

i ran into my brother at a halloween party after not seing him for 2 years and we started smoking herb. than he mentioned having some and i told him i'd never done it and he said he'd sell me some (my own brother wouldnt even give me one!).

so i scrounged up some bucks and he dropped it on some candy and i went home.

all night i listened to pink floyd and kept going over and over again in my head about all the things in my life i was torn over, and how split or devided i felt in every aspect of my life... it had always been like this, but i hadnt really noticed the nature of the devision in my mind quite like i did that first trip.

i longed for a unity within my being. i felt like everything i needed to do from then on should be a persuit to bring a sense of singularity to my life.

after that i got really into astrology and realised that i am a gemini, and that for me this would be the biggest obstacle in my life i will have to overcome, and it brought alot of perspective to who i really am, and why i got into psychedelic drugs in the first place... all of it has been very good for my art and music though, and i credit my passion for that medium of expression to that one night.

My first one wasn't a pleasent trip (my own fault... I stupidly decided to try it my first time with people I had just met in a house I had never been in).

Lasted a good 24 hours (these days' I generally go a good 18 hours) and the worst part of it culminated in me thinking that spiders and scorpians were eating my flesh while the people around me turned into werewolves and the room turned into a sacrifical alter complete with dead bodies and kitty and puppy skeletons frolicking through a field of dead flowers and I thought I was bleeding to death from every orfice of my body screaming "I want to sleep and I want to be awake and I want to sleep and I want to die!"

A good 2 hours later they calmed me down with one of the people rocking me in their arms and then they put me in a room to sleep. I woke up later on and had been dreaming about being in a fishbowl and thought I was still asleep when I woke up because the room was painted blue with fishes on it.

I learned my lesson... I no longer trip in a strange place with strange people unless I'm outside. Nature is wonderful to trip in.

My first time was amazing. I ate 4 hits of blotter(glossy yellow tint on the paper) and I was absolutely dumb founded. 8 hours of freak out ADD and solving the universal equation.
Dancing trees. Unending laughter and conversations. People walking up to me that weren't really there. I wish it could be relived, or atleast that same substance.

edit** most people I talk to talk about how they expected too much with their first time. I under estimated the strength of it. Maybe taking atleast 200ug's had something to do with that:)

Last edited:
the first and only time i took acid i did three hits of orange sunrise

didnt think it was going to do anything until i heard someone sneeze and it sounded like the whole world shook and the sound was so distorted it sounded like a monster

i sat down, smoked a cigarette, told myself it was the drugs and didn't feel anything but a speedy type buzz for the next 12 hours

dbailey said:
The first post, by dbailey

My first experience was very much like yours, but it was with mushrooms. My first LSD trip (and all of the few I have) have never become very much. But here is the report of my first psychedelic trip, on mushrooms. It has never been matched and remains the most powerful exprience of my life. Totally paradigm-shifting, life-changing.

My first trip

I have had many trips that stand out in my mind far more than my 1st encounter with lsd, also it was not my first psychedelic. My life changing revelatory trips tend to come from mescaline or 5-meo-dmt (and a few from 2c-e). Hopefully I will be getting an excellent opportunity to try mescaline and 5-meo-dmt together and see where that gets me.

Xorkoth said:
My first experience was very much like yours, but it was with mushrooms. My first LSD trip (and all of the few I have) have never become very much. But here is the report of my first psychedelic trip, on mushrooms. It has never been matched and remains the most powerful exprience of my life. Totally paradigm-shifting, life-changing.

My first trip

Heh that's funny cuz I'm a huge Doors fan (if you can't tell from the fourm name ;) ) and I remember on my first acid trip I didn't really know the band but I was reading a little biography of The Doors and Jim Morrison and I became fascinated. I was finishing up the book just hours before I embarked on my first acid trip with a few friends and I met Jim Morrison during the trip. Maybe it was a subconcious image of what I pictured him to be like or something like that but ever since that moment I have loved writing poetry and films and stuff like that and The Doors have become a huge part of my life, basically that one trip changed my life forever.

I was at a party full of people I didn't know. My ex was down to visit me and we were on strange terms, we were both very very drunk. I found someone selling acid and had been wanting to try it for a long time so me and a few of my friends got a tab each. I decided to go buy another and drop it before I finished coming up on the first.

As I came up my ex started freaking me out I was so uncomfortable around her I started to avoid her and this other girl who I had started seeing at the time. She got very drunk and started vomiting/crying. I have no idea how I didn't loose the plot as I was having full on synaesthesia with colour and taste and was generally tripping my box off. After a few hours of sitting on the stairs in awe I walked home with my ex still very battered, watching cars turn totally see though and the road markings dance and morph. When I got to my parents house with my very upset ex and me tripping my face off the latch was on so I had to wake up my mum at 6am to let me in. Then I lay in bed scribbling stuff down and didn't sleep.

The unpleasant aspects of this trip were totally outweighed by the sheer awe at what this drug was doing to my mind. There's absolutely no way I could hold myself together in that situation today, I think the 'newness' of the experience allowed me to keep it together much better and also I am seeing it through rose tinted glasses!

I've taken much more acid since but this was the only time I've ever experienced synaesthesia and I had the most amazing visuals I've ever seen (well maybe except the time I took loads of mushrooms and speed but that was very unpleasant). It was certainly not a 'spiritual' trip though.

My first acid trip was actually just yesterday. A friend and myself each dropped 1 hit of supposedly pretty good quality acid. We also dropped a total of 1 1/2 pills of E with a decent MDMA level in increments of 1/2 a pill at random times to make it a candyflip. Needless to say, it was the greatest, most enlightening trip to this date.

Time really did lose all meaning, so I'm sorry I can't give a detailed report. But throughout the trip my friend and I spent time playing Spyro occasionally, smoking cigarettes on the nice balcony, and looking at ourselves in the mirror (lol, it's fun to watch your face morph). But mostly, we spent our 6 hours tripping together listening to music and watching very nice CEV's. I don't know if it's common or not, but all of my CEV's consisted of eyes and faces very similar to Tool's album artwork and the like. Also, at one point, I physically felt my 'third eye' being pryed open, and I watched (with eyes closed) as my soul, or spirit, basically this little 'orb' that symbolized me, was carried through new areas of my brain, and I felt almost overwhelmed with the new knowledge I had learned about myself. I will also admit that at times it was quite frightening, just to realize certain things that'd you had never, ever known.

After that, around 6:30, I biked home, which was very fun but also extremely complicated. I often at times forgot about my body, and my thoughts would be racing so fast and take control over everything that when I finally snapped out of it, I realized that I wasn't riding my bike properly and even forgot how to ride it (although I was still in motion).

I got home at roughly 7:00 and realized that I was still peaking, and seemed very far from coming down. So I jumped in the shower, and similarily to the bike, I had forgotten how to 'shower', although my hands and body 'knew' what to do and just showered myself (Haha yeah) while I was in awe at just how my mind was working, and also at the visual patterns and distortions I was seeing.

After that, it was fairly uneventful, but mainly consisted of me jamming to some music and what not. It was odd though, because I wasn't sure where I was on the trip (the peak, comedown, etc.). Seeing as I was unsure, I was led to assume it was no longer the peak. But then, when I stared at the blinds or ceiling I saw the same symbols and Egyptian hieroglyphics (excuse my spelling), and when my eyes were closed I still got the same CEV's as hours ago.

Regardless, I went to sleep. As soon as my room went black, I guess you could say I got OEVs of the same eyes and faces and such as when my eyes were closed (both pitch black). I finally managed to sleep after 2 I believe, and had a restless, yet refreshing sleep, and woke up feeling like a completely new person, who has been changed for the better.

All in all, greatest trip of my life. If you took the time to read this, I thank and congratulate you.

P.S. This is my first attempt at writing a full length report, so please don't hate :) .

Forget my first time with LSD ? No way!

79 summertime , late evening, around 23.20 one blotter and another around 40,minutes later ( I was keen) because I liked the way I felt twenty minutes after dropping it !

Spirals circus acts tramps rivers endless vistas music you could almost feel with every sense SHEER BEAUTY. Jewels came sparkling out of nowhere and sparkled away again, wondorous mindseye designs everchanging.................................. words cannot describe. Perspective was >>>>>>>>>>>>shifted >from everydaylike to >>>>>>>>>>> unbelievably amazing.

It was the first time I ever saw another persons point of view (I was seventeen) for that alone I am extremely grateful. :)

Last edited: