• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy First Trip Description Thread (New!)

the first time i bought acid it was bunk - then just a few weeks later we found some real stuff.. it was called "Through The Lookingglass" - black and white drawings on one side.. the guy told us it was laced with MDA which i now know is impossible, but it was one of the most joyous feelings i've ever had from LSD.. this must have been '96-'97 durring highschool..
first we (my brother and 3 friends) went to a graveyard and started running around laughing hysterically.. i don't think any of us had done real acid before so it was an amazing time for all of us.. we were playing some kind of tag game which involved me throwing myself over spiked metal grave enclosures.. pretty dangerous - not something i would ever do normally..
next we went down to a cafe for some fries - but my brother orders calamari - not knowing what it was - so we had a terriffic time freaking out when they brought tiny cooke squid to the table.. i can still remember everyone laughing and chanting 'calamari... calamari..' 8o

Im not going to describe my first LSD trip but I will say this ....it was without question the most profound and amazing experience of my entire life. It was even more amazing than the first time I had sex..... I feel bad for all the people out there that have never had a chance to enjoy the pleasures of LSD

I started to write about my first trip last night because i wanted to post here but it wound up being 4 pages long and i am still not even 1/4th done with it lol.. i guess i will save it for the trip reports section :)

I 1st tried LSD when I was 25 and it changed my life forever. Set and setting were perfect, small group of close friends...Years later, I can remember every moment like it just happened yesterday. This was the first time Id every tripped on anything other than MDMA, and it totally blew my mind wide open.

Mezza

Thanks for all your posts, keep'em coming. I can't let the snorting Imodium thread get more input that this one.

well me and a mate went to what we thought was just a normal rave, but it was actually a bush doof, and at the time we were pretty unaware of the whole doof culture, and as the night progressed (we were on a couple good pills) we noticed that this place was pretty damn pyschadelic and that this was no ordinary pinger rave...anyway we party all night, and at about 3 in the morning get offered acid, take a long drive into town to get money, come back, get the acid and take it with out a second thought, wait about an hour, and start to heavily come up just as the sun was rising on our beautiful bush surroundings..truly amazing. spent the whole day grooving out to psy-trance with all the doof heads, meeting some awesomely cool people, and giggling constantly at how bizarre everything looks/was...pretty typical trip outs too, space and time getting mixed and all that jazz... havent had acid as good as that first time either! it was good stuff. Great first time for me :)

I'm tripping this afternoon with some old friends that I haven't seen in a while. About 2-3 years ago I had done almost every drug under the sun and was tripping RC's too frequently, yet the holy grail of hallucinogens was still mysteriously hard to find.

However, that changed in the summer of 2005 when i got ahold of 10 htis and went to Boone to visit some friends. We each took 2 hits and only 2 of us tripped, the other 2 didn't feel a thing. But Jesus Christo did we trip! I had ever experience anything like it. I had beenout of my mind on Mushrooms before, but that was so intensely emotional and overwhelming. This....was something mindblowing. We were ina blacklight room with a tapestry hanging down that had all the constellations and the sun in the center. My friend and I were sitting on the couch beside each other and staring at the tapestry and suddenly...

I WAS IN SPACE!

I mean I was floating through fucking space! I could look out all around me and see the stars everywhere! I reached out slowly with my hand and grabbed the sun and held it in my hand. I was hallucinating sooooo much that I was "swimming "through the air. It was if I had to push my way through every molecule of air, and I could see them all!

A good analogy would be what it's like when you're in one of those jungle gyms that has the ball pit. When you dive into one, all you can see are rainbow colored balls around you, but imagine the balls where nanometer sized and floating through and around you, and you can swim through them.

That's why I love LSD. I've never had anything like that trip since. I don't know if it's been combo's of shitty LSD or RC's laid on sheets and sold as LSD.

Either way, I haven't tripped LSD in about a year and I was a little nervous today b/c we don't et to dose till around 6-7 and I normally like to dose at 10-11 am, but all these wonderful stories here make me feel soooo much better and excited. I've been saying this whole year, " I just need a good LSD trip to sort things out"

I think it's time! Wish me godspeed

Godspeed, then! I haven't had any L in NINE years. Wish I could find some- I don't hang with the right crowd I guess. I'm glad this thread helped some. Thanks for the post. Keep'em coming!

I won't ever forget my first time, although I wish it wouldn't have been. I had no idea what to expect and my 'drug career' was young. Some friends, who on I look back now were not really that great of friends, gave me 3 hits of some strong stuff. yeah. too high of a dose plus dodgy people and going into it with already being edgy doesn't equal a good time. I think I lost it on the comeup because I never got any visuals (untill later), but did get what was either my "friends" fucking with me outside of my room or audio hallucinations. Luckily I stashed away 3 or 4 xanax and started chewing them when I started getting way to gone and realizing that everything about the place and feeling (set and setting) was wrong. It tamed the trip down to a managable pace and I spent the night attempting to play a PSP and watching some kind of hazy mist float on the carpet like it does on a lake on a cool night.

Flash to now, Its been about 3 psychedlic-less years from this episode. I am much older, wiser and much less haphazard and carless than I was then. I am thinking about trying 'cid again with my wife who I am comfortable around and only doing 1/2 a square.

Although I don't quite remember my first trip like it was yesterday, it's still clear in my mind. My report may not do it justice, but that night has been one of my most treasured memories, and always will be.

My first was 7 years ago at age 17. One strong claen dose at a maddened drug and booze and little aussie thug party. I got lost in my own world, and had a great time, floating above the (what is in hinsight) disgusting behaviour of the people around me. As with most acid trips, it was of course part trauma. I've had way better experiences since then; I really can't remember much of the evening to be honest. I'd rather take my acid in a quiet calm set and setting. :)

It was the most profound day of my life. I walked away from that experience many times wiser. It was also the hardest I've ever laughed, ever.

I wrote a trip report on BL but I don't feel like finding it.

Will try n recall as much as possible in detail. from what i remember, at the start of it i noticed everything began moving in circles, the whole room was spinning around me, i remember just wondering letting my mind create colours/spirals n other stuff, very colourful, i collapsed onto the chair for abit and watched. When i got up things had become even weirder.The walls seemed to move in/out and i could control how i saw them if that makes any sense. My vision was completely taken over for a few hours, and i was chucked into another reality it felt like. At the end of the trip i remember chillin/listening to some trance music which really changed the feel of the trip for the better, and felt more alive for the next week or so after it.

I know alot more than that happened, but thats the main part i remember in detail. i've had similar/very different experiences than that since.

For some reason I haven't a clue if it's been one year or two now, I guess two (I'm 22 now)... But anyway I acquired some Hofmann blotters after experimenting A LOT with mushrooms which I am about done with for some time now. It seemed like a perfect idea to use them for the first time under my dads guidance. He is one of the most open-minded people I have ever known, pretty much stuck in the 60s in a nonconformist progressive kind of mindset, out of a job and more interested in nature than other people, me being the total exception.
I started off with some low dosing like 1/3 and added maybe the other 2/3 when it didn't seem to do much after 1,5 hours. It was never very intense or particularly visual or spiritual, just a massive sense of wonder inspecting every little detail of life I encountered cracking some very absurd remarks, which my dad very amused constantly jotted down on a pad. I got the idea of not really being taken seriously, but with good reason or so i thought. It wasn't like I got in the mood to talk deep or anything, we were both playful about it and he took me for a nice walk in the woods and for a drive which I found childishly amazing.
Oh I forgot to mention I administered my father some MDMA crystals to try, but they fell very weird. He wasn't really impressed and experienced some brief overwhelmed phase and may have thrown up a tad too early. It was repeated at some other occasion but to no avail...
In one respect the experience did feel like an awakening, however mild it was. The introduction to a much larger and more exquisite world than I could have ever pondered has been with me forever since, but the true exploration of inner space was with higher dosages and at varied venues. I feel like I took my first time in steps, not being showed the full extent of effects until many trips later. This way I unknowingly learned how to deal with acid very smoothly and at this moment I marvel at my ability to handle any kind of mindstate. Sure I get blown off my socks from time to time with all sorts of psychedelic substances, but I feel like I'm in a phase for some time now where I can benefit from all experiences - they are never bad anymore but always instructive and worthwhile. I can discover fathomless depths within myself but at some point always start processing the experience, healing and learning and coming out stronger than ever.
Acid is probably the most revered teacher I have encountered yet. Next stop: N,N-DMT, very very soon :)

My first time on acid, I took some mediocre liquid (I think it was beige) with my friends A and B. We each took three hits. We had another friend with us who had agreed to act as our sober driver; we'll call him S. The trip started off great, we were laughing and giggling and looking at the trees. Then we picked up another friend, C, who took two hits IIRC. At this point, A and B decided they wanted another two, so I gave them each two more. We then went over to S's house, and proceeded to jump on his trampoline. This resulted in hilarity and pushed us higher and higher. We chilled in his backyard marveling at the trees in between bouts of trampoline jumping.

Everything changed when S's dad came home. We decided it would be best for us to leave, but we didn't really have a place to go because all of our parents were home by that point and S didn't want to go into the woods and just chill out there. We drove around aimlessly for a while, and A and B started to get more and more anxious. I called some mutual friends and found that my boy D was going to the bowling alley with a few more people. By the time we got to the bowling alley, A and B's trips had turned in a definitively negative direction, but they were still OK with going in there because we thought that maybe we would feel more comfortable in a bigger group of friends doing a fun activity. However, D, S, and our other friends were unfamiliar with psychedelics, but they knew that we were tripping on LSD. Even though they didn't have a problem with acid, they didn't exactly know how to interact with us, especially in a public place. I kept monitoring A and B pretty closely, trying to provide psychological support for them, while C, D, S, and our other friends bowled. Whenever I asked either A and B how they were doing, or if they wanted to talk, they would respond with some permutation of "everything is meaningless." Nonetheless, they managed to just sit there, watching the others bowl, wallowing in their malaise. Perhaps it was my presence sitting next to them and the positive energy I was trying to send out that kept them from freaking out any further.

I don't remember how long our friends bowled; time was pretty much meaningless at that point. After we left the alley and were once again driving around, I asked A and B whether they were feeling any better, and they said that, qualitatively, they weren't, but at least the intensity of the trip was declining. The rest of the night is kind of a blur. C said he was having a good time, but he wasn't tripping very hard. It consisted of a lot of driving around, with stops to eat, meet up with people, and smoke weed. I think we stopped off in the center of my hometown to meet up with some friends, and I believe we also spent some time in Bickford's trying to eat and drink in the hopes that it would sober A and B up. However, I clearly remember the last session before our crew of trippers split up. We were in a group of 8 or 9 people, in the woods next to a park and playground. A few bowls were passed around and all the non-tripping people got quite high. IIRC, this was the largest amount of weed that we had smoked in a single session during the entire trip. We chilled in the woods for a bit after finishing the last bowl, looking at the stars. The non-trippers were getting antsy, so I asked A and B how they felt, and they finally said they had started to feel better and could probably go home soon if necessary. At this point (about 6 hours after we dropped), we gradually split up as people went to different destinations.

I eventually ended up back at home on the comedown, with a newfound respect for the power of psychedelics, and a sense of amazement at how different acid was from mushrooms (the only psychedelic I had tried until that point), yet how similar at the same time. However, I knew from comparing experiences with A and B that I had not attained full effects, and despite their bad trip, I remained interested in trying LSD again, in a better environment. It wasn't the best start to my relationship with acid, but I somehow sensed intuitively that it could be a valuable ally, and opened up a place in my heart and head for it.

3 silver liquid drops on sugar cube.

coming up i knew it was going to be an experience. body buzz builds outside while puffing bowls.

then visuals kick in, my vision is blurred. inside the walls start to cave in. patterns everywhere, sittin in a chair i feel overwhelmed. i thought for a second i might freak out... but i get up and go back outside, lookin at the plants n' trees im overcome with bliss.

peaking back inside, trance music on with winamp visual plug-in on the computer monitor, i could barely rip a bong load... other friends rolling break out nitrous. the whippets propel me to what i think is outerspace, i feel as if im travelling through the winamp visual plug in, the visuals were moving so fast, looking over at my friend. his face is so distorted.... into a pitch black garage a friend breaks out glowsticks and dances with some trance on, i get lost in the music and i just sit back in awe at the colors, trails.

on the come down i just lay on the living room floor, thoughts racing.. thoughts about life n' how u think u figured it all out, occasionaly shadows catches my eye n' ordinary sounds from, wind chimes, cars passing by, sound so strange

cant sleep tho, still an overwhelming body load.. .restless feeling.

afterglow the next day, felt liberated. the experience was a real "eye opener"

good thread, enjoy everyones post.
23.gif

It was December 1990. All the houses were decorated with lights..Christmas trees you could see in the windows. And we all had two hits.. cuz we just knew that one wouldn't do.. (actually we thought it wasn't working.. so we dosed the second hit..)
Was the most wonderful experience. It was definitely a turning point in my life - from then on I decided that LSD wasn't to be taken just to see the pretty colors and laugh your butt off.. there was always a life-changing moment to be contemplated. The visuals and laughter were just a big ol' bonus :)

Thanks everyone for keeping this thread going. I love reading everyone's posts!:D

First time I dropped LSD was at a local music festival. I bought it earlier off in the day from this 12 year old kid that was walking around with it. ~During the day I ate two mushroom chocolates and two pills of E that looking back made me think it was the E was actually K(I completely lost my sense of gravity and wasn't sure if I was floating or walking upside down and didn't know what was happening). I ate the two hits of plain white blotter late that night and watched the sun come up. It was really beautiful. The L was pretty weak though and as I was waiting for my ride to come and pick me up in the morning I was talking to this guy who was talking about how upset he was that he didn't get to wrestle a bear in Alaska like Ted Nugent did while he was there. I snuck out of my house to go to the festival and when I got back and tried to go to sleep I couldn't but just watched the wallpaper move and shift all over the place.