• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy First Trip Description Thread (New!)

I say you should take 1.5 grams of psilocybin mushrooms, a good start, have a trip sitter, and under no circumstances should you fight it. DO NOT FIGHT IT. this will get you comfortable with the psychidelic experience

I say you should take 1.5 grams of psilocybin mushrooms, a good start, have a trip sitter, and under no circumstances should you fight it. DO NOT FIGHT IT. this will get you comfortable with the psychidelic experience

Is there are reason why I should start with mushrooms and not acid? I've never been certain of the differences between the two as they tend to vary with the individual.

^ I'd say go with what you can get, Slinky. There's been much debate about "mushroom people" and "acid people" - most folks tend to favour one over the other. Personally, I'm an acid man - likes me mushies too, but can be too headfucky and confusing and the bodyload can be a bit much for me too sometimes. Others would tell you the exact opposite.

There's only one way of finding out which one - if either - suits you best. Both are good in their own ways.

The feeling of being rebornn

Well last night, i did acid for the first time.
Slowly as minute and minute went by, i felt more relaxed, i had way more energy, and i laughed at everything.

Me and my friend were sitting on my couch and i put minimal on, and that really kicked in our trip. I Felt the need to get up & socialize, and the music felt so "at one" my myself.

After so long of just do random things I go to the bathroom. ( cause i drank a lot of water and oj) and i just sat on the toilet and stared at this picture of an angel on the wall, upon further inspection i seen a face, later got clearer, and i refrenced it as god. It dident say anything or move, but i sure know i was talking to it.
Now activly staring at this picture i see the wall change from a 3d structure to a 2d structure, and the walls around me started slowly melting but the one of god was the only one not falling, like the power of my intrest in that kept it up.

Later i got back in the room, and my friend had "pushed the wall" in my closet.
So together we walked into my closet, to try to push my wall.

We were so amazed on everything and how much shit was all over my walls (paint ,marker and just random marks) So we turn the lights off, and i close my eyes and i go to push the wall, and then just somthing happend and we got lost, in a 1 man closet, 2 kids got lost.

after that incedent my mom left,and we ventured out running around the house saying i can believe how big everything is. Like we just bought the house.

Then we got out around 4.30AM and started walking in the rain and the thunder and everything and got soaked.

Then we mad easy mac, and then went to the woods.

There was nothing ever more beautiful than those woods, the way the water formed bubbles and hung on the tip of the leaf was just soo cool.

But, ill remember more later lol

Peace all. one love

Your first time on acid.

I will be getting my hands on my first few hits of LSD soon. This lead me to wonder how did my fellow Bluelighter's first trip on cid went? I love hearing first time stories. It always makes me think about how mine will go, and what to prepare for. I think that I will enjoy my 4+ hours of Pink Floyd and my few cd's of Orbital :).

I dropped 2 hits my first time when I was 16. All I can say is, you're in for the most amazing ride in your whole life. Back then I wasn't into spirituality and used the drug to party but god damn that was the most amazing experience of my life. After my first hits of acid my life was never the same, to say the least. Just sit back and let the acid take you on a wild fucking journey.

Roofs + Nighttime recommended.

My first time was very nihilistic, seeing through the bullshit, a belief in nothing, and led to a steady diet of nothing. Kill your television, already. :) Roots radical.

I had already had lots of experience with other psychedelics before getting ahold of LSD so my first LSD experience wasn't as mindblowing as it would be if it was your first psychedelic experience ever. I also didn't take a massive dose so that's also why it wasn't blowing the doors off.

A few months after that I took 4 hits of this good acid and that blew the doors off quite well :) I remember it being different form other psychedelics in the sense of how direct and blatant it was. There wasn't any "am I tripping" or "oh there's a cool visual"; EVERYTHING was awash in visuals and they were clearer and more prevalent than anything else I had ever done. I quickly realized why LSD was seen as the "archetypal" psychedelic; it didn't play games; there wasn't any second guessing whether you were tripping or not. It was solid. :)

Check this out: The Big&Dandy First Time Tripper Thread

Enjoy your trip :)

sounds amazing man, I live in a really small town. Theres a school nearby and sometimes me and my friends get on the roof at night have fun. So if i brought some music and a few friends I would think i'm going to have an amazing time up there.

hmm i can not watch movies while trippin. my first time was the same day soad mezmerize came out i bought the cd and put it on repeat all night it was awesome not vary intense visuals but alot of fun ( after i got rid of this drunk guy who wouldnt stop talking) i do remember closing my eyes and letting my freind move me with his eyes. not sure if that makes sense but it hapened i had no control over where i was walking. also i dont think ive ever laughed so hard in my life. radio/ video always brings back a slight euphoria like i was trippin again. i miss those days.

The Big and Dandy First Trip Description Thread would seem to be the natural home for such questions :)

As we already have a thread covering this I think I'm gonna close this one but please feel to continue discussions therein :)

PS: Good call with Orbital =D

EDIT: Felt a bit of a meanie so merged instead of closed. Carry on :)

Last edited:
Here's a trip report (my 1 and only) of my first ever trip, not counting mdma and cannabis.
The substance was LSD. :) Its when the love affair started <3
Its when the love affair began <3

Yes i know my Handle is different in that thread, but that was my first account that i started back in 01' when i was 16 y/o. :)
(so dont judge me on my High School drop out writing abilities)

short version...shrooms....i went to a field picked like 25 shrooms like 5 inches ingested them 1 hr later i felt it....everything ws funny. I stood next to a computer screen for like 30 minutes wondering how to turn it off lol and finally decidedto cover it with clothing...i would see things on the wall from the television like in fear and loathing in las vegas wen he takes lsd n is watchin tv in the hotel and i seeing airplanes....lsd....dont remember much jus remember wlkin round outside my house then back in for literally hours....then jamming out to music. O ya how i first knew i was tripping off 2 tabs was the fan would get longer n shorter n the corner of my wall attached to the wall would get skinnier and bigger...i like lsd more than shrooms for the duration and i feel its less than a mind fuck...i never lose my mind on lsd its a beautiful chemical but shrooms 1 time i swore i sw this girl i was trippin with fuk her cat so i left thats the end of tht story lol...

I was a senior in high school in Buffalo in 1978. My girlfriend and I got tickets to see the Stones, Atlanta Rythm Section, and the Eagles at Rich Stadium. I'd been a daily weed smoker up til that day, nothing else. In the parking lot we saw some hippie dude selling hits of acid. I really had no preconception as to what it was supposed to feel like. I bought for myself 2 4 way hits. I took one (the whole 4 way thing) and after 15 minutes or so I thought we were ripped off, so I took the other 4way. Well, by the time we made it into the stadium my girlfriend and I were completely amazed. As the effects ramped up, we were sitting on the ground, and I just began a very comfortable but intense 6 hours of learning just how incredible reality and my mind could be. I became able to understand complete strangers just by watching their eye movements. Subsequent trips I wouldn't ever think of experiencing at a rock show with 80,000 people squashed together, but somehow my innocence made the whole massively life-changing experience unbelievably beautiful. Although this happened almost 35 years ago, and lived a great life to this point, I still consider that day to be by far the best day of my life. What I learned about myself that day changed my direction in life til this day.

Berkeley, California. My best friend had somehow gotten into Cal, so I drove up to help him move into his dorm, try to meet girls, etc. No plans for drug use. It's a nice California fall day and we're walking down Telegraph. Walk onto campus and a dreaded hippy carrying a sack walks by us and says "mushrooms." We kept walking, then simultaneously did a double take, nodded at eachother, and chased the guy down.

He followed us back to my friend's brand new dorm room, talking about DMT and shit we had never heard of. Once in the room, he opens the sack and it's filled to the brim with dried cubes, I'm talking pounds. We were shitting ourselves. After all that, all we buy from him is one measly 8th (lol) but no hard feelings, he gives us some free salvia and wishes us godspeed on our first trip.

It's funny to look back and think of how unprepared you are going into your first psychedelic experience. We planned to take them in the evening on campus, then walk down to this wooded area where we could 'trip out,' which I foresaw as this heavy intoxication where we'd be incapable of thinking properly while unicorns and elephants paraded by.

So there we are in his dorm, all his belongings still in boxes, using his desk as a makeshift cutting board to split each individual mushroom exactly in half (to make sure we got precisely the same dose, lol). Ate our mushies and walked into the night.

The come-up was BEAUTIFUL. We lay under the Campanile, looking up at this massive white clock tower, framed by the stars, like a big road to heaven. We chatted about how we felt like we were floating, how amazing the tower looked, with the bells at the top ringing angelic sounds, shutting us up each time they played.

Later, had a couple of confusing moments when my friend accused me of being racist (he's asian, I'm white), and told me he was homosexual (also false).

Eventually we wound up in the common room of his dormitory talking to this girl, describing our trip, drawing waves on the chalkboard, having a blast. I went out on the balcony to check out the view and everyone was like "NOOO!" I'm cool, guys, I understand I can't fly. Have I been acting otherwise? I'm not insane, just tripping :)

The next day we finally unpacked his things, I said goodbye and made the long drive home. Went for a run on the beach, a run I'd done hundreds of times, and it was like I'd never been there before--grooving on the seagulls and the water spilling down the birms.

Now, years later, my buddy lives in Argentina and is coming home next month to be the best man at my wedding. I no longer trip with the fucker, because those aforementioned weird comments turned out to be a trademark feature of his trips, but we're still close obviously. I've tried many other psychedelics since then, but mushrooms remain the king of the crop for surefire bliss, wonder, and authentic experiences of beauty.

My first LSD experience took me completely by surprise. I was unprepared for the potency of the trip, of reality being bent and stripped away, of the level at which set and setting can drastically steer the course of your emotions. I have tried plenty of recreational chemicals (mdma, cannabis, heroin, tramadol, codeine, amitriptyline, cocaine, mephedrone) but they were exactly that; for recreation. After this, I do not look on LSD as a recreational drug. More like therapeutic tool.

I will say now that what I experienced could not exactly be called pleasant. I dropped one tab while walking back to my flat, and the effects began to manifest by the time I was half way there. Light intensified, I began to feel a powerful sense of elation, and the quiddity, the what-ness of things seemed more apparent and immediate and beautiful. I had an irresistible urge to smile, as though my cheeks rested naturally in that position, and the more I thought about how goonish I must look, the more I grinned.

Then I got home, threw some pasta in the microwave, and settled down to enjoy the trip. It was around this point that things started to about-face. The typical breathings walls and shifting imagery began to appear, and instead of finding this interesting and beautiful, a part of me was oddly disturbed. I looked in the mirror, and found my face distorting and moving, passing through a variety of expressions, (at once I understood what that cartoonish style was all about in the movie "A Scanner Darkly") and it suddenly occurred to me that had the potential to be a profoundly frightening experience. This though was accompanied by the first wave of anxiety, in which a knot of tension wound itself up in my lower back and a chill flooded through me, but I dismissed it, knowing thinking about having a bad trip would end up giving me one.

After a while I realised I desperately needed the toilet, there was an uncomfortable grumbling in my stomach and it was seriously dragging me down in terms of mood, but as soon as I got to the bathroom I realised there was no toilet paper. Shit! I had to journey up the stairs to the second floor and retrieve some, and in my mind this became an arduous quest, the sound of the TV in the living room opposite the stairs a harbinger of some terrible intrusion into my trip world, and I was beset by the notion that, should I encounter someone, my imagination would transform them into horrid tormentors and phantasms. I returned with two toilet rolls, cradled in my arms like children, suspiciously eyeing the doors. After my ablutions I felt markedly better, I had imagined going to the bathroom to be some act of anxiety expulsion, and convinced myself that I could expel all the negative mood and flush it away for good. It worked, I returned with high hopes for the night, and started eating my pasta. It tasted rich and succulent and good, and the glass of juice flowed down my throat with refreshing coolness. I watched the shifting patterns of a Kandinsky print on my wall revolve and snake about, and unlike before found this terribly amusing.

Then I realised the music I had put on earlier was quite loud, and that, at one o'clock in the morning, this was bound to upset somebody. But I had no choice! The though of silence unnerved me, yet at the same time, I was afraid of how my imagination would twist and disfigure a simple bang on the wall or worse, a knock at the door. Nevermind, fuck it, I told myself. They'll deal with it.

Throughout this, I had been texting my girlfriend, and it was around this time I lost the ability to do so. I didn't feel up to the task of manipulating my limbs, which seemed increasingly distant from my motor functional control, so I lay down on my bed, threw on some calm music, and closed my eyes. Then I died, or at least a part of me did.

I can only describe the next two hours in vague terms, because my thought processes were so totally skewed I have no words to really translate what I felt and thought. Slowly I was stripped of all my outer layers, the bits that call themselves "me", and what remained was a singular, vast sense of fullness and nothingness. I lost all sense of time, and I truly felt I was in there for days. I could sense a profound beauty, but I perceived in it an indifference to me, rather than the sense of benevolent love I had hoped for. I was being absorbed by this all-encompassing thing, and it didn't care if I liked that or not. This, I am certain, was the root cause of my anxiety. I feel like I was pushed in a river and, having never bothered to learn how to swim, I had no choice but to ride out the current, to abandon "me", and become...what? Our grammar has no pronoun for the entire universe besides "it", and that seems oddly disrespectful.

Slowly I returned from my "pilgrimage to a cross in the void" (to quote Ginsberg) and I experienced a mild surprise when I remembered I had a body and a name, a past and a life and a girlfriend and family...I looked down at my body and imagined I was some alien consciousness transplanted into it, reborn in a new and strange form. The form carried inside it an uncomfortable grumbling ache, too, and it took me a while to realise that it was my stomach, that I was simply hungry. I told myself over and over: "I think its wearing off now", knowing, or hoping, that this would hasten the comedown. Deep down, I just wanted the rollercoaster trip to end, and this was another spring for the Fear. I was possessed by the idea that I might not fully return, that I might spend the rest of my life in some trippy, anxious state of self-disassociation. I spent the next five hours listening to pleasant music, texting my girlfriend and trying to return to sobriety. I felt I had glimpsed something pure and bright and holy. I remembered how in the cabala, the voice and name and true nature of god was too holy to be glimpsed or heard by humans. I am not religious in the slightest, but this seemed like an appropriate idea for what I saw. I felt I had not been pure enough, which was confusing, because rationally I was sure there was no moral force in the universe, no ultimate good and bad, and yet I had perceived quite obviously both of those. Had those feelings been an illusion, a derangement of the senses? Was my experience a delusion, an induction of temporary insanity, or did I catch sight of the true nature of things? I feel only more trips will reveal this to me, if they reveal it at all.

I still carried the knot of tension, only now I accepted it. I told myself: "okay, if fear is what the trip is going to be about, then fear I shall feel". Fear seemed appropriate considering I had just confronted the death of the ego, and therefore in a way confronted actual death itself. Then I noticed the sun was rising. My bedroom window faces east, and the pure golden light through the curtains was tantalising. I ripped them open and stuck my head out.

Gorgeous, bracing spring greeted me, and already I felt the knot easing, but it wasn't enough. I needed to be out there, not confined to this dark, clammy room, full of residual horror and panic. I put a coat on and headed to the park. What a tonic! What a refreshing, uplifting sense of life and living and wonder! I felt the smile return, and laughed quietly to myself on a hilltop with a view of the city in the distance. I had come full circle, returned to my state of mind when i began the trip, and something about that thrilled me. The worst was over, and now all I had to do was ride out the comedown. I walked around for a while, until I decided I needed human company again. I called my friend, who was just awake and on his way to university. I arranged to meet him and his girlfriend and walk down with them, but she was in a bad mood, and the negativity was in danger of bringing back the anxiety. Luckily, my friend counterbalanced with with his own unquenchable positivity (which was the reason I had called him in the first place), and I parted company with them feeling better.

After that I headed down to my aunties house to relax and spend the rest of the day winding down. She knew acid, and so knew what to say and what not to say, and after a few beers and some banter I felt, while still dazed and distant, at least happy and content. We spent the rest of the afternoon at the pub, where I got rather uncharacteristically drunk. I think perhaps the acid potentiated the alcohol, because at one point I had to take a little cocaine to sober up. I ended the night at around eight, too wasted and exhausted to continue, and slept for the night on my aunties sofa.

I feel I have learnt a lot about myself from this, and I have a profound respect for LSD that I did not have before. I took it cavalierly, and it made me its bitch. Next time, I will trip at a lower dose, in company, and go for a walk. I'm also thinking of candyflipping to ease the anxiety of the last stages and just bliss myself out in general. I believe the peak of that cocktail could become what is described in the shulgin scale as a plus four experience. In fact, I feel that is what I did experience, but the initial reluctance to surrender the ego made it a fearful and less than pleasurable adventure. Still, it was an adventure, one of gravity and self-revelation and serious transcendent power, and one I shall be repeating soon.

I have a lot to learn from this chemical.

Last edited:
I would like to add something to that, and only tentatively because I'm not totally certain yet, but for as long as I can remember, I've had trouble sleeping at night. Some of my earliest memories are of sitting up at night trying to pass the time, reading, thinking, wondering why everyone else could just drop off as soon as they hit the bed... and as a result my sleeping patterns, whenever they got the chance, tended to slowly drift clockwise. I'd stay up later, get up later, stay up later, get up later, and before I knew it I was nocturnal.

Somehow, I am now able to sleep whenever I like. I lay down at nine last night, drifted off immediately and after a solid 8 hours, just woke up. Same the night before. Has acid cured my fucking sleep problem?? Could it possibly be that awesome?

Has anyone experienced anything similar? I know it was used to treat alcoholism and other disorders.