• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DPT Thread V1 (Archive 10-3-03 - 5-13-08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delsyd said:
how bout a quick tek on how to turn HCL to freeb
dissolve in distilled water - basify - extract the freebase with unpolar solvent.

this is the theory. works this out nicely in practice? I'd like to smoke DPT freebase, but I never dare to do this to my DPT HCl, because I fear loss of material too much.

at least the DPT HCl is smokable as well, just not very well of course.

is IMing DPT really worth to get rid of needle-fear? I can't imagine...

For DPT hydrochloride to freebase, here's how I did it:-

Dissolve the hydrochloride salt in alcohol (i used isopropanol), then add an appropriate amount of sodium hydroxide in isopropanol solution. This produces DPT freebase in solution & sodium chloride which precipitates out, so you can easily decant off the DPT solution. The isopropanol can then be very easily removed with a hair dryer/hot air blower with an almost quantitative conversion.

I'll work out the figures of amounts needed in the morning unless butane wants to be a helpful sort and work them out (he did an admirable job on the DPT -> DPT.HCl conversion)

found something interesting on tryptamine salt to freebase conversion in an erowid trip report:

Preparation: Amounts of 5MEO-DIPT HCl were dropped into ~250 ml of 10%(?)NH4OH (Household Ammonia) solution went cloudy then went clear as large pieces of freebase crystal form immediately and dropped to the bottom of the flask. After allowing mixture to sit for 10 minutes with some stirring, the liquid was filtered off, the crystals washed with H2O and allowed to dry. Results show a ~2% loss in weight due to removal of the HCl molecule. The resulting crystals were completely white.

source: http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=12473

^10% ammonia solution doesn't sound right....?

^Oh moles and shit. I see.

boomhead

^ Personally I'd just bury my head in the soil

Can I just like dig a small hole and sit in it for the day?

^ I would take that kind of inaction personally & spend the day writing a nice letter to someone whose well versed in such activities. anyway you know a mole(r) perspective might be really fascinating - it might not as well - but how can you know unless you try it?

Tell your dog there's a large meaty bone/bar of chocolate/whatever does the trick buried deep in the ground & stand back & watch, with your hands behind your head & a whimsical smile upon your face - I know I would.

hey whatz up h0w much of this shizzz should i load in my r1g fer a guud rush???

Lets stay on topic guys :)

If I'm not mistaken, a friend said that 20mg was way too much. YMMV. If I were to do it, I'd start with 10mg and work my way up.

shulgin said:
(with 12 mg, i.v.) "We were using an i.v. drip with sodium ascorbate which affected the timing, of course. This was strong at this level. I was set to go to a target dosage of 60 milligrams, but decided to stop at 12. It was strong, real strong."

(with 36 mg, i.v.) "This was administered as a sterile solution of the fumarate salt, so the actual weight of the drug used is somewhat less. This was a very intense experience, every bit as powerful as this amount of DMT."
I think I will start with 10mg then work up from there. I'd like a fully immersive experience complete with visuals that interlock to form landscapes, cities, entities, etc. That sort of level. Its hard to tell what the last 36mg entry was like they don't give any details.

Well, the details that my friend gave, if I remember correctly, was that the world around him was suddenly transformed completely into a web of perpetually moving spirals (like strands of DNA). This included people.

Said friend does post in here from time to time, so maybe he could chime in. I am recalling details from at least 2 years ago, so I could be way off :).

i have IVed a dose of dpt at around 10mg with not much strong effects. very little if any visual activity. but it was perhaps the best feeling i have ever had. so much happiness, motivation, and just overall good sense of well-being. i'd say it was the best "high" i've ever had, but gained no insight. maybe my batch is weak though? i think i will try the IM route next time, but have never done anything IM. i have yet to have a strong experience with this drug as i have read so much about...

unsui said:
i have IVed a dose of dpt at around 10mg with not much strong effects. very little if any visual activity. but it was perhaps the best feeling i have ever had. so much happiness, motivation, and just overall good sense of well-being. i'd say it was the best "high" i've ever had, but gained no insight. maybe my batch is weak though? i think i will try the IM route next time, but have never done anything IM. i have yet to have a strong experience with this drug as i have read so much about...
my experience with ~10mg IVed was similer. it was a great euphoria iwth little visuals but I felt super great. a real nice tryptamine buzz, Id even say it was beter feeling wise then DMT as it lasted a good 30-40 mins. there was maybe 15 or so mg of ketamine involed in the IV as well.

funny you mention ketamine, as i also IVed around 25mg of ketamine about 1-2hrs later. hard to explain the effects, but i will try.

the dpt "buzz" was very euphoric (best feeling ever) with very mild visuals. then after the K shot, my senses seemed to clash together in a way. my visual field formed little particles in the air that came together, a criss-crossing of some sort; as well as my auditory senses "clashing together" while listening to my shower run. that's the best i can describe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.