• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy DPT Thread V1 (Archive 10-3-03 - 5-13-08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FB, do you think it just has to do with DPT itself or the doses chosen? Or do you think any IV simple tryptamine wouldn't be ideal? (IV DMT seems to be very good).

i'm debating on smoking some dmt or dpt tomorrow. all i have is DPT hcl though, would this still be sufficient to vaporize, lets say 10-15mg? how does smoking compare to insufflation? i want the shorter duration for dpt.

can you IM it? DPT is really best IMed. I've tried smoking, snorting, eating, and IMing it and now have settled on IM as the only route I'll try (after getting my curiousity out of the way with IV).

If you don't use needles (and I'm not encouraging you to start), then you ought to convert the DPT hcl into freebase. YOu can do this with a 'kitchen crack' method with baking soda. Look up in this or the archived thread (use google to search). Its super easy.

The salt is not very smokeable (some people get slight effects off it). The freebase is eyepopping intense!

have you ever tried it IM cutiepie? It really is MUCH better, the trip is soooo much smoother.

Fuck snorting it! that stuff tastes horrific dripping down your throat and it messes up my sinuses.

uM, I fink I MIGHT Have already asked this, but best storage method for DPT base? Drawer, Frigde, freezer, beneth-glacier? Its about 1.5g.

in an amber vial in the freezer. The freebase is probably less stabile than the hydrochloride, but I know at least one friend who has stored it for a few years with no noticeable change in the DPT (although I dont think he's tried it for awhile now).

samadhi_smiles said:
have you ever tried it IM cutiepie? It really is MUCH better, the trip is soooo much smoother.

Fuck snorting it! that stuff tastes horrific dripping down your throat and it messes up my sinuses.

Agreed it's rough on the sinuses & can give a bloody awful headache - however I swore off needles many years ago & I ain't going back. Stepping in the wrong direction is the way I would feel about it & a trip is usually best undertaken with positive thoughts about ones actions not self criticism.

So in short, though it undoubtedly is superior, it wouldn't provide the mindset I would appreciate.:)

swilow said:
uM, I fink I MIGHT Have already asked this, but best storage method for DPT base? Drawer, Frigde, freezer, beneth-glacier? Its about 1.5g.

Airtight bottle, out of light. Don't think low temps are needed for DPT storage as what you're trying to avoid is oxidation of the molecule which generally occurs from free radical formation due to light (uv seems the main culprit). All of the tryptamines are sensitive little souls when it comes to oxidation, but if you remove the light & limit the oxygen with an airtight container, you should be OK. The only tryptamines requiring cold storage are the 4-hydroxytryptamines as they are much more easily oxidized to colourful, isatin like derivatives hence slowing any chemical reaction by dropping the temp is a good idea for them

So, swilow - do you have a pet glacier that you've converted for storage? If so, use it for ice cream making instead (to take away the hideous taste of DPT from snorting etc =D)

Jamshyd said:

You know when a scratched CD or record gets caught up at a single track and keeps repeating the same note over and over again at high speed? That is the only thing that was heard.

i like to call this THE echo of the universe, I like to think of everything as a single vibration stuck in an infinite loop.

if(q!=1){
where q == 1;
}

it is, but it isn't

1010101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101010......etc.

Is there an easy way to convert the freebase into the hydrochloride salt?

^Amounts? Say 1 gram DPT freebase....how much hyrdochloric acid?

On a hunch, I would expect dpt freebase to be insoluble in water, so hcl could be added dropwise until it dissolved, and then evaporated.

*I've never tried it*

Theoretically, you should add 0.149 grams of HCl per gram of DPT freebase, but a slight excess wouldn't be a bad idea. 1.5-1.6mL of 10% HCl solution, for instance. Doing this with kitchen chemistry, I would put the gram of freebase into a shot glass, and add however much boiling hot distilled water it took to cover it well. Then, I would add the 1.5mL of HCl dropwise, swirling the container around, using only as much as it takes to dissolve it all. Then, put it on a flat glass surface to evaporate. A hair drier can come in handy.

how bout a quick tek on how to turn HCL to freebase.
i remember reading it before but am too lazy to go search for it :\

i have some DPT hcl lying around from a long time ago but cant stand the drip from insufflation and dont really know how to IM.

^ Load hypodermic stick right into Glutes maximus depress plunger slowly - remove hyopdemric & place in a "safe place" then place self in a "safe place".

Note - please read up on aseptic injection technique before commencing your journey.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.