• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy Basic Psilocybin Mushroom Questions Thread (Arch 3-18-07 - 4-21-08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a dosage question for you guys

1----would 3g of fresh cubensis made into simple mush tea be an ok dose to begin?
or should i do a tea of 5g fresh?
i mean i don't wanna trip to hard my first time, i just wanna feel it a little bit to get an idea.
2----what is more effective? mush tea or just simply eating them?

i will have (in a few days) a total of 10g fresh cubensis...and i don't wanna blow my head off this first time...but a friend of mine said from 2-3 grams of fresh i won't feel anything? other ppl say i would...what's your op on this?

ps : sorry if this question sounds dumb but i need some professional advice and bl is the place to get it +++ sorry if the question is weirdley put but i'm kinda stoned right now and not focusing too well
thanks

If you mean fresh as in not dried then no that won't have much if any noticeable effects man.

hello!!!
k so i'm going out to my dad's land in a week when finals are over (yuck). he lives out in the middle of nowhere, az, and well, there are shrooms everywhere growing out of cow poo. he said they're all silvery. so i wanted to pick some up for myself and i have a couple questions:
1. when i pick them, how should i store them to bring them back to california? i'm going up on a saturday and won't be back until a tuesday. would keeping them on ice be fine?? dry ice??
2. how do i even tell if they contain psilocybin, and they're not poisonous??? can i post a pic when i get them on here? If so, would anyone REALLY be able to tell??
3. once i get them home, how do i prepare them so i can eat them? can i just eat them, or do they have to be dried or something?? whats the best way to consume them?? last time i tried them i was really anxious. would hippieflipping be best? (i love rolling) or should i make a tea??? thoughts??

thanks for your replies. i hope i don't sound like a noob, but i've only done shrooms once before, and i'd like to get them again but none of my contacts have a clue where to get them. my dad said he thinks they're the kind i want growing freely on his land, so...yeah. any help/hints would be greatly appreciated.

well....then should i make tea out of 10g of fresh mushrooms? won't that be too much???:\

cola said:
well....then should i make tea out of 10g of fresh mushrooms? won't that be too much???:\

your questions a bit confusing because we don't understand what you mean by "fresh"..

do you mean fresh as in still wet? - thus they are going to weigh much much more.. or do you mean fresh as in they are new/non-spoiled/still good mushrooms?

if they are still considerably wet then 10g should bring you to a low dose experience.. it's been said before that 10g wet usually can equate to 1g dry

if your still confused.. check out this thing, it's pretty helpful if you've got all the correct information:
http://www.shroomery.org/6257/Magic-Mushroom-Dosage-Calculator

cola said:

10 grams of fresh shrooms should be alright. i once ate about 1g of dried mushrooms (ca. 10g fresh) and didn't feel much. just a bit trippy feeling, improved music and barely noticable visuals in the right lighting conditions. also i once took about half that amount and if i hadn't known that i had eaten shrooms i wouldn't have guessed. i could easily have been cannabis, or a very small dose of dmt or 1/4 of a hit it acid…

i'd say you're fine with 10g wet.

@scubagirl
do under no circumstances eat any mushrooms, where you are not absolutely sure that they are the right kind! if you are not certain that you can tell them apart them let them be.

Black said:
@scubagirl
do under no circumstances eat any mushrooms, where you are not absolutely sure that they are the right kind! if you are not certain that you can tell them apart them let them be.

i'm sorry for any misunderstanding with my second question. obviously i'm not going to eat them if i can't tell for sure. i was just wondering if there IS a way to be 100% sure. if not, they're staying in az right where they are. hasn't anyone ever picked any themselves before??? yeah but thanks for the warning! :)

nealcassady said:
your questions a bit confusing because we don't understand what you mean by "fresh"..

do you mean fresh as in still wet? - thus they are going to weigh much much more.. or do you mean fresh as in they are new/non-spoiled/still good mushrooms?

if they are still considerably wet then 10g should bring you to a low dose experience.. it's been said before that 10g wet usually can equate to 1g dry

if your still confused.. check out this thing, it's pretty helpful if you've got all the correct information:
http://www.shroomery.org/6257/Magic-Mushroom-Dosage-Calculator

well i mean freshly picked psylocibe cubensis 10g of it...i mean a muchroom that ways 10g on scale.

well i got my answe ... i guess i'll eat em all...or if i get cowardish i'll eat 7g and see if i feel anything and then eat the remaining 3

oh....and another Q : I'm on pain medication - Tramadol...can i take my meds the day i take shrooms? I mean i kinda' need it to feel allright...

i'm not sure if this has been asked in the 19 pages of this thread, but out of laziness i'll ask it (possibly again): has anyone here tried a mushroom/alcohol combination? It doesn't seem to be a very popular one to write a report about on erowid...i was just wondering what the effects would mesh like.

^ don't. think seriously here, why would you want to do that? alcohol will only confuse things and increase your body load. if you are taking psychedelics just to get fucked up, they will bite you in the ass sooner or later, mark my words.

Well, that's not the case at all, but thanks for the info. I was just curious.

Anxiety

Hey guys, I'm going to try shrooms sometime soon. My question is: If I sometimes have anxiety on pot, am I more prone to have anxiety on shrooms? I should add that I have no anxiety problems while on LSD. Thanks for any input

Wtf?

Okay, I have no experience with shrooms or psychedelics for that matter. So when was offered an eigth I was stocked to say the least. Anyway last friday me and 2 other friends get together and take an eigth of shrooms each all from the same batch. In about an hour after ingestion my friends are tripping balls and Im not getting anything. And this continues for the rest of the night, so needless to say Im pissed that I spent good money on these "shrooms" and didn't get shit from them. Anybody have any reasoning for the lack of effects from the shrooms.

Shrooms for the first time, any recommendations?

Well come tomorrow I'll be shrooming for the first time. Personally I'm used to weed and ecstacy, but I was curious from you all what you might recommend that I experience during my first shroom trip?

Me and a couple of friends are planning to start in the after-noon and go into the night, playing music, we're also planning on doing some light shows, and if we're into it we have a sober sitter who can drive us around. So yeah, any advice?

sounds like you got a plan already. music and lights, cant really beat that.

i never really liked over-planning my trips. everything i ever planned just went out the window anyway once i started tripping. let the trip take you where it wants, it will be a lot more fun that way.

especially if its for the first time, you really have no idea what mindset you will be in, so you dont want to limit yourself to certain activities. just stay open minded and do whatever you feel like doing once the shrooms kick in.

chinacat311 said:
i never really liked over-planning my trips. everything i ever planned just went out the window anyway once i started tripping. let the trip take you where it wants, it will be a lot more fun that way.

heh, aint that the truth.

swilow said:
Yar there are mushrooms from canada!!! But who knows what they would be? I'd say a strain of cubensis personally.... And yeah its okay to have them in a ziplock bag; get rid of the oxygen with a sealed sachet of dessicant. Or just freeze em.

One should never really freeze mushrooms. Keep them out of light and heat and they will be fine. Mushrooms analyzed form London (liberty caps) collected in 1861 were found in a comparative analysis study to be as potent as liberty caps collected in Oregon in 1977.

And freeze drying mushrooms is fine, but that is not drying shrooms and then putting them into a freezer.

Freeze drying involves removing all of the oxygen from the mushrooms with a compressor and dry ice. The air is sucked out and the mushrooms retain their actual size and shape. They become like as light as a whiffle ball. but they take up a lot of room if you are storing a larger amount, which is usually more than most people need to be storing.

have a shroomy day,

mjshroomer

^Why can't you freeze dried mushroom powders?

can you absorb shrooms through your mouth?

what happens if you just chew shrooms like chewing gum. would you trip or do you need to swallow them? and if you do trip, does it eliminate any of the stomach discomfort doing them this way? and how wasteful is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.