• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy Basic Psilocybin Mushroom Questions Thread (Arch 3-18-07 - 4-21-08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
well you would absorb some sublingually. Depends on how long you chew em. When I take mushrooms whole I usually chew them awhile (5 mins). It speeds up onset. Most people are turned off by the taste.

Have you tried grinding up the shrooms into a powder and putting them into warm water and sipping that? That speeds up onset and allows smooth absorption (without having to digest shroom particulates).

peace

drugaddict55 said:
what happens if you just chew shrooms like chewing gum. would you trip or do you need to swallow them? and if you do trip, does it eliminate any of the stomach discomfort doing them this way? and how wasteful is it?
Eat a very light meal (like a sandwich) just before eating the shrooms. Eat the shrooms.

The presence of a little food in my stomach usually completely counteracts the nausea factor for me.

i have had no problems with putting dried shrooms in the freezer and can't imagine where there should be problems with that method.
freezing fresh mushrooms does turn them into unpleasant sludge though.

samadhi_smiles said:
well you would absorb some sublingually. Depends on how long you chew em. When I take mushrooms whole I usually chew them awhile (5 mins). It speeds up onset. Most people are turned off by the taste.

Have you tried grinding up the shrooms into a powder and putting them into warm water and sipping that? That speeds up onset and allows smooth absorption (without having to digest shroom particulates).

peace

Good advice. I personally don't mind the taste, kinda salty and chewy. I know that when Albert Hofmann gave Maria Sabina psilocybin pills they didn't believe the pills worked, because it took longer to kick in- ie. they chewed the mushrooms and absorbed some sublingually. I would agree with SamandiSmiles- gring them up and maybe encapsulate the. I prefer a tea for slower onset as you can sip a decent dose over several hours if you wanted to.

Strange things on mushrooms?

I recently picked up a batch of mushrooms. On a few of them there are gold flakes spotted all over the stem, and some are very black at the bottom. Are these good or bad things?

They are the sacred mushrooms of babylon, quickly, eat them at once and you will be granted immortality.

No seriously, read the rules.

^Maybe you should read em too, offhand remarks are as useful as socks for your head. Which are damn useful or something. Anyway, theres nothing against asking this question.

Geist, what type/species of psilocybe?

Gonna merge with the mushroom thread...

swilow said:
^Maybe you should read em too, offhand remarks are as useful as socks for your head. Which are damn useful or something. Anyway, theres nothing against asking this question.

Geist, what type/species of psilocybe?

Gonna merge with the mushroom thread...
cubensis

sounds normal for cubensis

The blackness is the mushroom bruising
The gold flake are pure magic

Geist89 said:
I recently picked up a batch of mushrooms. On a few of them there are gold flakes spotted all over the stem, and some are very black at the bottom. Are these good or bad things?
The gold flakes are probably vermiculite.
Black isn't good...bruising is normal, so it should be sorta blueish? Maybe a really dark blue? That's normal. The more you handle them and the more they are exposed to the air, it will become more bruised.

Sounds like an average mushroom. Have fun!

can cubenesis psilosybe shrooms grow on dog shit? thanks for the help and sorry for spelling

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^
indeed, psilocybe cubensis are so called "dung-lovers", saprophytes that are often found on, well, shit.

and all shroom-hunters, always do a spore print. it is the most reliable way of narrowing down what species of mushroom you are dealing with. psilocybes usually print purple-brown.

Shrooms, advice?

I'm going to be doing some shrooms soon. However I have a very weak stomach, the last time I did it I ended up puking practically everything I had taken and then falling asleep while my boyfriend tripped alone.

Any advice to prevent that from happening? I really want to experience this amazingness people talk about. Also, any tips that I can use to make for a great experience?

Ingesting the mushrooms in a tea drastically reduces the nausea.

Bring some water to a temperature just before boiling and put the mushrooms in it, stir and about 15 minutes later repeat the process. Do this a couple of times then use a sieve to separate the water and the mushrooms, use the water to make a cup of tea with plenty of sugar.

Good method, good results, no nausea.

Like Luigi said, tea helps out a lot. So does smoking weed but unless you are a seasoned smoker, it may make things too intense or cause some anxiety. I have heard ginger helps a little, maybe a mushroom/ginger tea. Meclizine eliminated most of my nausea last time I ate mushrooms, but dramamine will help out too is you can't find that. They might make you sleepy though.

Like they said, tea is the way to go. And if this doesn't work, try acid. You'll experience the amazingness with less chance of nausea.

As for tips: take care of set&setting and let go, surrender to the experience.

When making tea, make sure the water doesn't go over 60 degrees celsius, or you will destroy the active compound in the mushrooms.

Make tea, strain out the bits (I leave them in, but you are trying to avoid any nausea), and add some ginger. DO NOT add any lemon juice or other citric acid if you have a problem with nausea.

When I make tea, I let the water get to full boil, then take it off and let it sit for about 3-5 mins adding the mush. You don't want your water too hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.