• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy Basic Mescaline/Cactus Questions Thread (Archive 3-19-07 - 4-12-08)

Status
Not open for further replies.
weight to length?

ok if an average dose is 12-18 inches of san pedro, about what dose 12-18 inches of san pedro weigh? is cactus very heavy?

thanks
joe

joef51 said:
Does the citric acid aid in the extraction, or does it just help mask the taste of the cactus? Would lemmon juice work?
It does help hide the bitter taste, but it does so by neutralizing the basic alkaloids rather than simply covering up the taste - this also converts the alkaloids to their much more soluble salt forms, aiding in the extraction.

If 300 mg of mescaline were available in two capsules of 150 each, would you share with a friend? Or drop both yourself?

Could someone please provide some comparison between Trichocerus peruviana, bridgesii, and pachanoi?

Objectively, a few reports differ in mescaline alkaloid potency. Subjectively, many experience reports will contradict such analysis as well.

StagnantReaction said:
Could someone please provide some comparison between Trichocerus peruviana, bridgesii, and pachanoi?

Objectively, a few reports differ in mescaline alkaloid potency. Subjectively, many experience reports will contradict such analysis as well.

This is a pretty massive question without a clear answer oweing to a huge number of variables . The short answer is that their are potent and weak strains of all three. Trouts notes has some great discussion of the situation and also highlights some proven performers that are available through some cactus vendors.

Storing cactus juice?

Whats the best way to store leftover cactus juice? and how long will it stay good for?

thanks
Joe

Personally, I'd try evaporating it. You'll at least get some resin that will lack moisture, thus increasing the shelf life.

Otherwise, freezing (in darkness) is your best option.

I always reduce the cactus juice very slowly, to about a shot glass full or just over and add flour for a playdough putty type resin.

That way you roll it up into balls and swallow it easily without tasting a thing.

When to snot gets reduced to the bottom of the pan turn it down because theres alot of sugars in the cactus so the goo will get very hot, watch it because over 120 degrees is mescalines melting point.

When it gets top that low point i sit buy it and stir it with a wooden spoon to stop burning and watch it like a hawk.

I have not gone back to drinking that goop. And if i did out back it would come with a violent projectile vomit, not pretty.

smoke cactus

hi, i have a question: it is possible to smoke cactus?
I have known that it can be put cactus in alcohol for 10 days... therefore, to leak and to evaporate... and to smoke this material with a bong
20g of trichocereus peruvianus are sufficent?

(sorry for my bad english)

You'd have to approach 100mg of mescaline for it to even be active... You'll probably just end up burning your throat pretty badly.

i made a post about smoking peyote and other cacti a little bit ago and got fairly mixed results from people and could never draw a definitive answer.

i myself have experienced smoking peyote on multiple occasions and have gotten a definite effect every time so im on the side of the fence the would like to believe you do but would of course like to experiment with this idea some more before i would draw any conclusions about other cacti

Yeah, Id say eat it too, but I've often thought about smoking it and how effective it would be.

I personally wouldn't unless you have copious amounts of powder for some reason...

And I'm begging anyone and everyone for their opinions on the differences between torch, pedro, and bridgesii... what were your doses, thoughts?

how do most of you guys dry your cactus? i will be using about 5-7 inches skinned off of peruvian torch and 5-7 of san pedro. i was thinking wrap it in a thin layer of tinfoil and put the oven on low heat.

i think i totally botched my extraction (the one on erowid -- mescaline for dummies) in the last step it says to pour in a solution of acid (i used ground vitamin c tablets and water) the acid solution fell stright to the bottom of the jar and i did not shake it because the instructions did not say to do so, then i removed all the xylene which should have transfered the mescline, and poured out the acid solution to dry, it just looks like a ton of wet ground up vitamin c tablets (its white) is their any mescaline in this extraction or did i totally mess it up?
ive been saving all of the solvent is their anything i can do to recover the mescaline if its not in the acid solution? i dont even care about purtity at this point i just want to get it over with, ive probably given myself cancer ten times over from the xylene fumes.

HELP!

I have AFOAF who said he was selling "mdma cut with mescaline". Personally, I have not heard of this and a quick search of Erowid didn't really give me any answers. I have not seen the pills but he kept referring to them as Green Dragons. I searched pill reports and the only pill I found that matched the description was MDMA cut with Amphetimines. Have any of you ever encountered something like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.