• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy 4-HO-DMT Thread

How would one go about converting 4-ho-dmt from freebase to fumarate or hcl?

i'm planning on trying this compound but i am slightly hesitant bc i did not like my one and only experience with psilocybe mushrooms (i attribute my bad experience to set and setting but still, i cannot overcome my anxiety regarding the body load and muscle tension). i've read the entire thread along with some trip reports and it seems the results are mixed, some report terrifying ego-shattering experiences (i'll be in a public place with close friends however it is not an ideal place to have a bad trip by any means) and some report pleasant experiences. my main concern is severe body load, going into a bad trip and nausea/vomiting. i will have cannabis on-hand to combat any nausea but i would really like to try the compound on its own first.

the single dose i have is 15mg, it was given to me about 2 years ago but has been stored properly. i haven't taken it out of my fun box for the last year or so (i've exposed it to regular 60W light while taking out other things but it has been for no more than 1 min, max. it hasn't ever been exposed to heat or moisture) so i'm guessing the potency has degraded very little, if at all.

brothers and sisters, i need any experiences or info you have with a 15mg dose compared with LSD, 2c-b, ketamine and MDMA (i am most experienced with these substances). thank youuu <3

some guy I know says he has acquired some psilocin that is being used in a study out at Uni of AZ... from all of my research though, it seems they are actually using psilocybin. He says a dose range should be 10-12mg... and that he took it up to 20 and it was almost TOO intense... and this is a guy who usually eats 7g of shrooms. I'm assuming whatever it is the HCl salt... thus making it more potent by mass. I can't rightly figure out which one it is... Is there any real way to tell past GC/MS or NMR? Anyone have any more info on this or the studies being done or done recently out in AZ?

EDIT: I'd also like to mention that he said he comes up in about 20 minutes... making me think it is more likely psilocin... I just don't know of any studies using it. Then again, his source may be bullshitting and ordered it back before this last summer from a common chinese supplier...

Last edited:
^As you seem to suspect, the story is very unlikely.

A schedule I controlled substance would never make it out of a legitimate research lab in sufficient quantities to be sold on the street...diverting a single dose of psilocybin would be near impossible, not to mention risky, for the select few with access. The DEA requires reporting of every milligram used. If a few grams went missing, you likely would have read about it in the newspaper. Maybe he was just making a general statement about psilocybin being used in legitimate research, but in that case, the John's Hopkins study is far more interesting than clinical trials for obsessive-compulsive disorder IMHO.

Also, the dose range and description does sound like psilocin.

That was what I was thinking... but supposedly the study is for PTSD treatment... and after taking way too much he sold him his supply of ~500mg. Interesting story, but I assumed fictitious.

Thanks for the help.

I look forward to sampling this 4-ho-dmt. I asked about a few custom synths for it from some popular chinese vendors a couple of years back... they said they would consider supplying it bulk in the future... then when they do supply it, I'm broke as hell and unemployed for several months. :(

Just going to be glad to experience what it has to offer.

What seems like a good ego shattering dose? 20-30mg?

i think 20-30mg would be a pretty damn strong dose.

Have fun putting the peices of your ego back together.

I'll definitely be starting low at around 10-12mg... but I've never experienced ego death from any tryptamine (I suppose with the exception of LSD... but generally it's more egomania)... My one experience with DMT was sub-breakthrough... so I definitely look forward to a tryptamine ego death in the future when it comes time to be necessary.

Sometimes I truly need something to shatter my ego to remind me to quit getting caught up in the game and focus on the truth.

I'll definitely be starting low at around 10-12mg... but I've never experienced ego death from any tryptamine (I suppose with the exception of LSD... but generally it's more egomania)... My one experience with DMT was sub-breakthrough... so I definitely look forward to a tryptamine ego death in the future when it comes time to be necessary.

Sometimes I truly need something to shatter my ego to remind me to quit getting caught up in the game and focus on the truth.

DPT is quite effective at shattering egos
(and i hear it goes great with k, which is what im saving the rest of mine for, or maybe an aMT combo, but id also like to get smacked around by a tryptamine sometime)

Yeah... I've heard this as well and hope to get some DPT on the way... I also am interested in aMT... I've gone through a lot of the phenethylamines and am just now starting to branch out to the other side of the coin.

I got some psilocin freebase, but unfortunately I did not have access to cold storage and now it is degraded. At this point, I have some powder that has turned to a brownish sticky resin and some psilocin that I've dissolved into vodka with an equimolar amount of ascorbic acid. It doesn't seem to have done much good. I took some of the vodka solution about a week after making it and about 1.5 times the previous dose (that I took right before making the solution) had the same effect (about 25mg for a +2 experience).

Do you think the sticky resin might have retained more potency than the solution? It was kept at room temperature for about two months now, and part of it was made into the vodka solution about ten days ago.

Last edited:
I'm also curious about the stability of freebase psilocin, since I recently acquired a half gram. I'm planning to store it in an amber glass vial with some desiccant in a piece of paper towel, inside a mason jar filled with more desiccant, in the freezer. Do you think it would still degrade? Might I be better off trying to convert it to the fumarate salt as described for DMT in this tek?

If it doesn't degrade, I'm going to try to write up a comparative 4-HO-DMT/MET/DET/MiPT/DiPT trip report this winter :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
I just tried 12mg of synthetic 4-HO-DMT freebase. This compound is amazing. I was gone for a solid six hours, had a really revelatory trip, some personal insights, and a great bonding experience with my girlfriend. I also had some interesting, but benign, delusions. I'm glad I didn't start with a higher dose. Took it concurrently with anenolol, a beta blocker.

I'm not entirely sure that I could tell the difference between this stuff and 4-AcO-DMT in a blind taste test, but I don't really have a lot of experience with either.

Totally agree, have tried 10mg of 4-ho-dmt twice allready, it is my favorite psychedelic right along with mescaline, mescaline for a long trip, and 4-ho-dmt for a shorter trip.

...the effects are incredible, psilocin is so different from 4-aco-dmt it's not even funny, it's not sedating, no nausea, no loss of muscular control, but up-lifting, and the most visual psychedelic i've ever tried, it has a very strong comeup just like mushrooms and the very subtle mushroom carrier wave is present the whole time. 4-ho-dmt descriptions by Shulgin are very accurate and right on the money, amazing stuff. CEV's are ever-changing other-worldly scenes and patterns, i found it more visual than ayahuasca, i was able to move around freely and even go outside and admire nature, some of what i saw outside looked nearly like extraterrestial shrines, nature and psilocybin go together so well. Everything was much brigther and colorful than normal, so very colorful. The walls inside changed to every hue of color, greens, reds, pinks, purples and blues, over and over, beautiful. I had tried a 2nd dosage of the stuff (again 10mg) from the freezer and it again had the same effects, and comes on quickly on an empty stomach (about 25 to 30 minutes), especially if you swish some of it around in the mouth, it lasts a good 4 hours.

psilocin is so different from 4-aco-dmt it's not even funny, it's not sedating, no nausea, no loss of muscular control, but up-lifting, and the most visual psychedelic i've ever tried, it has a very strong comeup just like mushrooms and the very subtle mushroom carrier wave is present the whole time.
You thought so? I wasn't totally sure.

I had a different experience on psilocin than I did on psilacetin, but I took them in different contexts, and at different times in my life. They're certainly more similar than, for instance, 2C-B and psilocin. I think I'd have to have a lot more experience than just a handful of trips to be able to say with any degree of certainty that I could tell them apart, though.

My TR: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...erienced-Purpose-and-God-as-an-AI-in-the-Bath

I find the difference reflects the usual pattern with 4-sub tryptamine AcO and ho versions: qualitatively the ho is a bit more serious and white knuckle; the AcO is smoother and more euphoric. When injected intramuscularly the duration difference is pretty radical. For me, at around 8 mg the ho lasts barely over 90 minutes whereas the AcO is still going at 4 1/2 with 12 mg (with those doses broadly comparable in terms of general intensity). IM AcO gets qualitatively pretty close to oral ho IMO.
tregar said:
Important update: the dilute acid catalyzed hydrolysis of 4-aco-dmt to 4-ho-dmt (psilocin) works much better than naoh catalyzed hydrolysis as none of the psilocin is oxidized or destroyed, as psilocin is unstable in alkaline or basic conditions

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/show...&vc=1#15980735
I don't have an account there so I can't view this (not that big a deal to sign up it's just that this is something a lot of people will need to do). Does the thread actually verify the conversion? Assuming the content doesn't violate BL rules maybe you (or anyone registered there) could just copy and paste the relevant info here or in the conversion thread?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Is this chemical still available anywhere? (Not asking for source, just wondering)