• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy 4-HO-DMT Thread

Hopefully in an hour or two :)

And yeah, I did find 4-HO-DMT to be a great substance, perhaps the deepest synthesized chemical I've encountered. Mentally it was a lot like mushrooms except (for me in this trip anyway) more mentally focused. But it was also quite different, particularly in feel. Like 4-AcO-DMT, it felt closer to DMT than to mushrooms. But much less so than 4-AcO-DMT. And also deeper and much clearer, and more ego-shattering by far.

morninggloryseed said:
Any comments on MET? Or even better, can you add those comments to the MET thread? I'd be grateful for new input.
I'm sorry to disappoint but I've already posted my comments on MET in the MET thread. :p In fact I decided to finally sign up at BL (been just a reader here for a long time) just to revive the MET thread from it's long sleep in order to hopefully hear more comments on this substance as well :D

Xorkoth said:
Hopefully in an hour or two :)

And yeah, I did find 4-HO-DMT to be a great substance, perhaps the deepest synthesized chemical I've encountered. Mentally it was a lot like mushrooms except (for me in this trip anyway) more mentally focused. But it was also quite different, particularly in feel. Like 4-AcO-DMT, it felt closer to DMT than to mushrooms. But much less so than 4-AcO-DMT. And also deeper and much clearer, and more ego-shattering by far.
I cannot comment on comparisions to DMT (haven't had the privilege to taste it yet), but 4-AcO-DMT felt very different than mushrooms for me as well. There were definately less ego-shattering effects (and I tried it quite a few times, in dosages up to 30mg, which visually felt as intense as 5 grams of decent mushrooms, but mentally was much more forgiving) and confusion/mindfuck.

This was all very nice, but I kind of enjoy the way mushrooms crush me mentally (it is such an adventure each and every time I visit that bizarre world), however they can also be too intense, confusing, and terror-inducing at times. That's why I feel 4-HO-DMT might offer a really nice cross between these two extremes.

Here's the report. it's not really finished, but is in a finished form. I will surely be editing it as I remember more and integrate the experience

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=340057

4-HO-DMT was definitely terrifying. But at the same time it allowed acceptance much easier than mushrooms do. And I agree with your assessment of 4-AcO-DMT. I had a +4 on it (with AMT and 2C-B), also in the Trip Reports forum and linked to in my report posted above. But that +4 involved staying totally in my ego while accessing the universal mind at the same time. Once with it I entered the void, but it was very brief and vague and didn't leave much impression on me.

willkell420 said:
And does anyone have a milligram scale for sale???

This was already answered with ebay. True enough.

I shall also mention that I found a local headshop more to my choice of a merchant.
Additionally, my experience to note is very novice when it comes to scales and heavy use of them; however, I believe it's a wise choice to buy a higher quality one. Grab a 50g or weight accordingly to the scale to keep an accurate measure through check and calibration.

This is even more cogent in my opinion, if you plan on using the scale more than 1-2 times.

This is a screenshot from the upcoming film American Drug War: The Last White Hope. I'm not sure which study its from, but in the video I can make out that its 250mg total, the capsules contain psilocybin/niacin and the expiry date is 3/10/05. The 11.5mg might be the psilocybin dose or the niacin dose, I can't see for sure because the whole label isn't shown. It also says "Caution New Drug Limited by Federal Law..." Does anyone know what role the niacin plays? It it being administered with the psilocybin or more likely as an active placebo?

8o 8o 8o

psilocybin1dc6.jpg

thats 4-PO-DMT - you're offtopic again E1 8)

well, 11,5mg of the phosphor is equal to about what, 8 or 9mg of the hydroxy -

that would definitely be noticeable!

Have you tried subpsychedelic dose of psilocin yet E1 - its quite nice, has a very clean amphetamine feel to it-

There was no 4-PO-Thread. :p

Psilocybin is a prodrug that is converted into the pharmacologically active compound psilocin in the body by dephosphorylation

Close enough.

11.5mg sounds a bit more like a psychotherapeutic dose to me rather than an entheogenic one in my opinion, so this was likely an anxiety study. The Hopkins study was a single dose, much higher.

Unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to try pure psilocin yet. I'm still waiting for the guy that stands at my street corner to get some, he assures me it will be soon. ;) When I think of the last year and how I've completed neglected plant sources for synthetic, it makes me sad. Its been almost a year exactly since my last mushroom trip.

I really enjoy low doses of 4-AcO-DMT (3-5mg) though. It brightens things up, makes me happy, and puts some sparkle in the world (or more likely, allows me to better perceive it). It reminds of of the afterglow from smoked DMT.

"White man medicine make your feel good first, bad later. Indian medicine make you feel bad first, good later." =D

Hoffer and Osmond experimented with other hallucinogens, such as mescaline and LSD, and after continued research, they discovered that the vitamin niacin was useful in mitigating the effects of hallucinatory drugs. Taking the next logical step, they found the same vitamin helped alleviate some symptoms of schizophrenia.

If the desired use was to alleviate stress in terminally ill patients, the Niacin might be to help reduce the hallucinatory effects, which could be considered undesirable and secondary to the emotionally opening effects of psilocybin. The low, multiple doses could allow a person to work through their emotions and accept their fate, although I think some "transcendent high doses" could also be very beneficial in this regard.

Niacin has been used therapeutically to treat migraine headaches-

^ Psilocybin has been used to treat cluster headaches. I had great sucess with it stopping an acid trip when I was in high school, they was also another time it didn't work very well for that purpose. I take it off and on as I sort of like the flushing sensation and it feels healthy. If you are having a hellish trip though, taking something that makes you feel like you are burning might not be the best idea. :\

For some reason I think the dose in this case (assuming it is actually being mixed with the 4-PO-DMT) is much closer to the RDA and a sub-flush dose. I still think it could have been an active placebo as was used in the "Good Friday Experiment". The Hopkin's study used Ritalin as the active placebo, so it wasn't this study.

The Good Friday Experiment, a group of 20 seminary students were given either psilocybin or nicotinic acid (also known as niacin) during a church service. The 10 students who received psilocybin reportedly experienced intensely spiritual feelings. There appeared to be a lasting positive benefit, as a study 25 years later seemed to suggest the effects had continued.

The subjects in the recent John Hopkins study received either methylphenidate (Ritalin) or psilocybin. Of the patients receiving psilocybin, one third reported it as the most spiritually meaningful experience of their lives, citing feelings of intense joy, a distance from ordinary reality and feelings of peace and harmony after taking the compound. Two thirds of the group rated their experience with psilocybin as one of the top five experiences in their life, and compared it to such life-altering moments as the birth of their first child or a parent's death.

e1evene1even said:
^ Psilocybin has been used to treat cluster headaches.
Yeah, that's what they said in House as well. Although there they called the active ingredients in magic mushrooms "psilocybins" :\

4-HO-DMT (psilosin) dosage

Well I've recently come across some synthetic 4-HO-DMT however I'm finding Shulgin's dosing misleading. He says a solid dose is 10-20mg, and his trip reports make 15mg seem very intense. However me and a couple of friends dosed 15mg and barely felt anything, mainly just pupil dilation. Can anyone shed some light on a good dosage?

I tried it once, tripped pretty damn hard off only 10mg, though one of my trip buddies who also took 10mg said he barely felt anything.

Proceed with caution.. maybe your product is cut with something, or maybe it isn't what you think it is. You could up the dosage, but I'd make sure you know what you have before you do that.

I took 15mg of this stuff recently, or at least was told it was this stuff and tripped extremely hard.

I have taken 2, 4, 6, 10mg, 14mg, 18mg, 22mg, and 25mg orally. The last two trips were the most powerful (strangely enough the 22mg was the most intense but that was because I was combining it with other drugs) they were literally mindblowing, having to remain laying down blasted away with intense tryptamine visuals (interlocking geometric patterns forming what looks like entity like structures and beings).

The 25mg dose was with ketamine so that must have affected the experience, but it was STRONG.

I would say a good starting dose is 10mg to get a feel for it, don't be surprised if you are tripping hard.

That is if your material is good (and it should be unless this has been through some dirty hands or if it was stored somewhere in less than ideal conditions).

peace,
samadhi

Is it dark grey? If you have the same stuff that most people who have it have, it starts white and turns grey to dark grey as it degrades (I came across a small amount left out for weeks in a piece of foil.) Otherwise, unless all three of you have a high tolerance or are using a scale that's way off, you most likely don't have 4-ho-DMT because 15mgs should put you plenty beyond the threshold/placebo effects you describe.

Whatever happened to the Big and Dandy 4-ho-DMT thread anyways?

The material is white. It comes from a trusted source who imports his goods from Asia. I'm confident he gave me the right substance and the right dose... I talked to him about it later and he said others said they all tripped off it :\

Well sir, if you're confidences toward your dealer are indeed justified and all auxilary assumptions hold e.g. you and your friends aren't anti-psychotic abusing 800 pound gorillas, then I suppose the unlikely event that three people with unusually high innate tolerances to psilocin all just happened to try and trip together has occurred. Go back, buy 25mg this time, and try again.