• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big and Dandy 4-HO-DMT Thread

Yeah more so than most trypts with my sources.

How is this as a rave drug? Any social anxiety or things like that? (in other words how social is this?)

Yeah more so than most trypts with my sources.

Really? You're not talking about shrooms right? Sure it's not 4-aco-dmt and they are calling it 4-ho-dmt?

How is this as a rave drug? Any social anxiety or things like that? (in other words how social is this?)

Phens are more suitable for a rave. This is more of a spiritual kind of drug like mushrooms - not very social.

Yeah figured as much, but people are talking about this as a fun experience so maybe it could be the phen of the tryptamine world (or so I tought)

Considering psilocin (4-HO-DMT, the title compound) is illegal in most places I really doubt that the availability is as big as you say. Granted I have not updated my chem sources for like years, but online sources that sell illegal compounds are pretty dubious.

I was lucky enough to be gifted some of this compound (synthetic psilocin) and after storing it properly in a freezer it still appears fine but I hope it has not degraded despite the appearance. I have every intention of taking it very soon. But I am not sure how much and if I can handle the commitment of a full trip on this stuff.

Also I am not sure about the ROA, maybe I want to IM it to make it more economical but then again that probably makes it an entirely different animal with even much more intensity to commit to.

I've been vaporizing 4-HO-DMT and I've found it a worthwhile ROA. I'm surprised this route is so unexplored for 4-X-tryptamines. It offers a shorter (about half) trip with enhanced visuals and muted emotional and psychological effects. A party version of an oral trip. Psilocin is a pretty transparent material even orally, compared to others in its class, but vaporized it is almost like DMT in that I feel more sober than intoxicated. All in all I would say it is much like a low dose smoked DMT + moclobemide trip but with a touch of deeper psychedelia in the introspective and spiritual sense and without the enhanced reality feeling I find unique to DMT.

I think it would be interesting to explore this ROA with other 4-X-tryptamines, if I manage to convert them to freebase. It is very understandable that they are sold as salts, since the freebase degrades very quickly (in 2-3 weeks at RT).

LOL, only now I realize that this was the 4-HO-DMT thread instead of the 4-HO-MET thread, which was the one I was looking for. Maybe I need a little break from psychs.. (at the very least some reading glasses)

And maybe your text doesn't really do the vaped experience justice, but I guess there's a certain expectation some people have with vaping psychedelics so it's not that strange people would rather try oral with such a rare chemical (Synthetic/pure, that is. I'm sure there are tons of alkaloid extracts out there)

Last edited:
I tried 4-HO-DMT Freebase orally. It was strongly active at 12mg, felt like ~4g of Cubensis.

Last edited:
I just have to chime in here that I too LOVE psilocin, far more than mushrooms or 4-AcO-DMT. Dare I say I enjoy it as much as DMT...either orally @ 7-15mg or IMed @ 10mg. Psilocin has to be the cleanest clearest psychedelic there is. God's own psychedelic.

I just have to chime in here that I too LOVE psilocin, far more than mushrooms or 4-AcO-DMT. Dare I say I enjoy it as much as DMT...either orally @ 7-15mg or IMed @ 10mg. Psilocin has to be the cleanest clearest psychedelic there is. God's own psychedelic.
Right?!? I tried synthetic 4-HO-DMT and loved it while I never really liked mushrooms or 4-AcO-DMT, could never find a proper level but 10mgs of synth 4-HO-DMT was a superbly grand time. To bad I don't have more currently!

Update summer 2014:

Success converting 4-aco-dmt fumarate to 4-ho-dmt freebase in dreams, please see the thread in the archives entitled "4-aco-dmt hydroxysis into psilocin?" started by yoyoman:

4-ho-dmt is a far better psychedelic than 4-aco-dmt imho, it is the "perfect key" that fits the receptor, unlike the un-natural 4-aco-dmt pale imitation of it.

Last edited:
Yeah 4-HO-DMT is light years ahead of 4-AcO-DMT... it's a much more direct and serious psychedelic though. The effects are very, very different for me. The one time I had pure 4-HO-DMT it sent me straight into an ego death loop, it was a challenging but revealing trip.

Thanks Xorkoth, I've read and re-read all your posts about the comparisons of 4-aco-dmt to 4-ho-dmt and I completely agree. The 4-aco-dmt knocks me out (makes me pass out at high doses) and makes me drowsy at low doses as well, I even find my breathing shallow at time on the compound, it's not very visual to me, and is dark and sedating compared to the stimulating, enchanting, and very visual nature of 4-ho-dmt, I find it very similar to pan cyan mushrooms which are about 60% psilocin, 20% psilocybin, and 0.002% of the funky and bad feeling/paranoid thought confusion causing baeocystin and norbaeocystin. On my last trip of converted to 4-ho-dmt I had a 3 hour trip with 2 hours of CEV's brightly colored that revealed religious temples and I was taken on a tour of old civilizations (mayan and aztec), inside the Mayan architecture I viewed artifacts that were brightly lit up, it was like walking thru an art exhibit or museum, it was brethtaking, my ego is always challenged a bit for the 1st 15 minutes or so of the trip, but then it mellows out to a highly visual journey, sounds are quite hallucinatory as well.

I find it fascinating how different pure 4-HO-DMT is than your average mushrooms. To me it kills the theory that psilocybin is simply a prodrug of psilocin without any unique effects, or that in general the other alkaloids in mushrooms do not provide much to the experience. I am 100% confident I could tell 4-HO-DMT, 4-AcO-DMT (especially those 2) and mushrooms apart is a double-blind study.

4-AcO-DMT does make me drowsy but its biggest identifying quality is that it feels just like an oral version of smoked DMT to me, same buzzing frequency, same type of visuals (but much less intense) and same scattered/cloudy thought process. And it lasts at least an hour less time than 4-HO-DMT for me, and a couple of hours less than mushrooms (which themselves seem to last more time than 4-HO-DMT).

To me, 4-ho-dmt feels the most like Pan Cyan mushrooms which are supposed to be around 60% psilocin, 20% psilocybin and only 0.002% baeocystin/norbaeo, such a smooth crystal clear ride and very visual, with none of the anxiety, confusion or paranoid though loops of cubensis which I don't like.

I was amazed of the "refreshed feeling" that psilocin leaves for several days after that trip day I had, it was a 100% complete relief from depression, the best I had ever felt in years, I had never felt so "together and re-vived w/lots of energy" as I had two days after I had the amazing psilocin trip.

For the first time in years, I said "good morning" to co-workers at work and generally had no problem talking to people I normally could not stand, it was so unlike myself. Very bizarre.

Why the hell has this not been remade? Shit they got 4 ho ept but they cant synth this sure fire winner of chem. ?