• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Benzodiazepine Thread Version 5

Benzos dependence IMO is not the greatest concern when I think about addiction to benzodiazepines.
The worst, in most cases including myself is the psychological changes you have to deal with.
Re-learn how to handle daily routine issues being emotionally stable. The dependence itself will pass within weeks, but the time you've 'lost' abusing benzos could make you react with a certain level of immaturity until you adjust. And in order to fit in again one may need to address these matters accordingly which normally involves therapy.
To succeed you need therapy and a doctor who can prescribe alternative meds in the process.
I believe it's way too complicated when benzos become an important part of your habits for a long period.

Very true. I think that it depends heavily on the individual as well - including their length of use, etc. etc. I don't believe I relied on them heavily. I relied on opiates far more for emotional numbing than benzos.

Luckily (I guess) I have access to free counselling at the moment in the oncology department of my local hospital due to my mothers ongoing struggle with breast cancer. That, combined with regular exercise, diet, and vitamins, plus St. Johns Wort, is my personal framework for recovery.

I cannot actually believe doctors prescribe this. What's worse is I fear i'll go back to PST or something to alleviate the anxiety and aches if I do have nasty rebound effects.

I've found myself thinking the same thing (about doctors). Benzos are incredibly dangerous when misused and also one of the hardest drugs to use sensibly. They seem so innocuous, like they don't even do much but relieve anxiety - of course that in itself is a huge deal for anxiety sufferers - they definitely don't make you feel fucked up.

You're right to be concerned about wanting to go back to opiates as well. Benzo WDs suck hard, even the mild ones. I hope you can get through this without going back to opiates. If you can tough it out you'll be well and truly on the road to a better, more sustainable state of health.

I hate the way docs treat anxiety sufferers as benzos chasing drug addicts , pisses my off when they give u that oh ur another druggie look , u can get some flubromazepam easily and it shits on a lot of the scripted benzos

^Docs are extremely hesitant in Australia to prescribe benzos for anxiety. They tend to reach for SSRI's and similar drugs first. I couldn't see a doctor prescribing benzos for anxiety unless the anxiety was in a life-crippling form - and even then - their use would only be indicated for the most severe of situations (i.e. panic attacks, agoraphobia, etc.) I am actually thankful that this is the case. Likewise I'm thankful for alprazolams rescheduling, and its relative unavailability compared to places like the US. This class of drugs is not a fucking joke.

On a quick note, day 8 with no benzos. Not doing to badly at all. Cutting down to a low dose helped a ton.

Again, the misery of a long term benzo addiction boggles my mind to contemplate. I'd rather put a needle into my arm, tbph.

EDIT: Ok, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration :)

Ive only ever had a very mild seizure in detox when coming off of 24mg of Xanax a day(fucking deserved to have seizures, was stupid enough to get myself that addicted) for 6 months or so. So I think I am either the kind of person that just doesn't have seizures or I would just need to be more dependent. But I have seen someone have a non-benzo related seizure and it was one of the scariest things ive ever seen. Im a nurse so ive seen a lot but I watched this poor 17 year old boy fit in the gutter at a shopping centre & people just walked straight past him. After I helped treat him I phoned my mother and just cried and cried. It was just so scary to watch and I felt so bad for this poor boy, he deals with that all the time :-( And watching people just walk past pretending they don't see anything is heartbreaking. It just proves that the majority of human beings are shitty people. I used to think the opposite.

I can relate. A girl in my class who had epilepsy had a seizure when we were 8. Very frightening indeed, the contortions and shaking...

Benzos are addictive because they work n just cause sum idiots abuse them shouldn't mean the genuine ones have to beg for them

Many non-idiots who're prescribed them legitimately end up abusing them/struggling to quit to, but I take your point.

guys my benzo use is off the wall. I'm dropping at least 200mg valium over every 2-4 day cycle I'm staying awake. its been like this for a month or so. what sort of consequences am i looking at ? and wtf do i do

^ You need to try cut out the meth, if you can't use meth without benzo's and you keep using meth, then common sense tells you any effort to stop benzo's will be pretty pointless...

Fess up to a doctor and get put on a taper plan. Peoples physiology varies but the overwhelming odds are that you would have a physical addiction to the valium to some degree, especially since you are drinking heavily and taking other benzo's on top of the valium.

I need some help to or some advice I am new on here, I wanted to look at safe withdrawal from Xanax. I am really scared to even think of not having it no more due to I have sever anxiety issues. I was out of my meds for 1 week about 6 months ago for 7 days and it was all I could due to breath felt like a fish out of water gasping for air. I do not take more then I am suppose to but I have been on different Bezos over 20 years. This time I am prescribed 2mg Xanax per day down from 3mg a few months ago I started tapering from 2mg and I am down to .5 x 3 a day I am having w/d symptom's in between my doses 'I am very anxious and sweating. I also have severe chronic pain and take Norco which I have also taped down, that was not easy but I did it alone by myself 11 days today. I was hurting so bad this morning I took just one and this evening took one. I am not going to beat myself up on that one. I have noticed as my anxiety gets more sever so does the pain in my back. I am so tired of these Xanax I hate them I guess I am just looking for a little help or positive suggestion's. From someone who has been there or is feeling the way I do.I have had to much stress over my life especially the LAST 18MONTHS lost my mom to cancer, and several other things in the past year. Any help or suggestion's would be appreciated.

Breezewind if you are able to, I would suggest switching over to an equivalent dose of valium (diazepam) and using this to taper. Valium has a longer half-life than alprazolam and you are much less likely to experience withdrawal symptoms between doses, it is also easier to reduce your dose in smaller increments with diazepam.

I think your main problem is you have dropped 25% of your dose, that is a significant drop, assuming you didn't taper to that point. I was under the impression people usually dropped their dose by like 5-10% at a time when tapering but I must admit it is a few years since I looked at much to do with benzo tapers.

has anyone had any success using meditation to deal with anxiety?

Yes and guided visualisation and CBT and positive self talk and exercise. None of them are as easy as benzos though. Try and find a good counsellor or psychologist and give it a crack. Also they don't have the tendency to cause rebound anxiety like GABA drugs do.

Do many people have experiences with using etizolam?

Yep. Works well but can't compare it very well since I used it during a time I where I hadn't taken benzos in years.

Just be careful if you're buying the pure powder - look into making volumetric solution.

I need someone's help as I can't find a good answer.

I've just put 25 mg of etizolam powder into 25 mls of water, to relise it's not soluble in water and that that's not the correct way you go about it.

If I dosed 2 ml(2mg) would I feel the effect? And ideally what should I be mixing the etizolam powder with to get the most out of it without degrading it?

If I dosed 2 ml(2mg) would I feel the effect? And ideally what should I be mixing the etizolam powder with to get the most out of it without degrading it?

Propylene Glycol is the most common and safest solvent for powdered benzos, and it's easily/cheaply available online since it's used in e-cigs. Alcohol also works (high proof anyway - I used vodka) but that comes with a host of obvious problems.