• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The Benzodiazepine Thread Version 5

Interesting. I can see how that would work. I've tried using temazepam legitimately when fighting jetlag, and it did jack shit - even up to fairly high doses.

4) - Diazepam. Jack of all trades, master of blehh. It lasts longer than ativan but still not long enough that I can get a full nights sleep without doubling up my nighttime dose, it kills anxiety, but also my verbal memory and short term recall, and it's a bit too sedating, all of which means I take it because I need something to counter anxiety, but I take the smallest dose possible for any given situation, often preferring a little more anxiety over the fatigue and amnesia of valium.

This is why it's my favorite, despite not being the most enjoyable. Don't really trust myself with anything else these days :\ the last time I had alprazolam it turned into a very messy and embarrassing couple weeks.

I managed to fuck my life up for a few weeks and pretty significantly too.

I was fighting with my partner(we're both men so it can get pretty ugly) and eventually just took about 20mg of Clonazepam, 155mg of methadone IV, more meth(IV & smoked) than I can remember and alcohol and somehow ended up walking down the middle of a very dangerous road dropping used needles everywhere(by accident of course, I was actually on my way to properly dispose of them and I picked them back up) and generally making myself look like a seriously sick and lost individual. I don't remember anything after that but the next day a police officer recognised me from that incident so of course he searched me and while I was smart enough to conceal all of my drugs he still found my used bong which got confiscated(it was a damn good bong too, im mega pissed about that!)

Im on probation, a good behaviour bond and other shit so im just waiting for a phone call saying that I need to appear in court to sort this out.

If im responsible, I can use benzos properly and due to my past they actually help me live a normal life but if I get greedy I almost always get myself in big trouble.

Yes im extremely embarrassed! :(

Sounds more reasonable to have temaz at oxaz equivalent doses, I agree. All though having tried oxazepam, only once, it would bottom my list of benzos as well...supposedly diazepams primary metabolites are nordiazepam, temazepam and oxazepam, which is interesting...

Alpraz is indeed like pharmaceutical crack cocaine...

Also Ket that sounds intense...glad it turned out how it did, considering it sounds like it coulda gone alot worse. Take care

A lil story my dad is prescribed 1mg xanax twice a day i have occasional anxiety stress problems sometime to the point of my hands shaking so bad from nervousness i cant write well one day a few months ago i got a couple it was here in missouri my home state i have experiance with opiates but not benzos however iv always had a natural tolerance to prescriptions and we had a snow and ice storm well earlier that day i popped the 2 mg and iv always enjoyed the almost saint like paitience benzos give like your moving in slo mo and you just dont care how long it takes to rebuild a carb or put in some new rings and pistons im a mechanic btw well anywho i was felling wonderfull for several hours nothing could pi** me off later that night of course ice ice and snow snow and more of it i had to take the 6 mile trip to my guy to yet my opiates im driving down a usually undeserted highway in my 2001 24v 4wd lifted cummins single cab 6 speed manual MY BABY so getting there was not a problem at all here was the problem it was night time day was over and im cruising down the road at 20 mph in a 60 lol listening to the turbo from the stacks on the bed just feeling amazing well next thing i know i wake up my head on the steering wheel believe this or not a mile farther down the road this happened 4 times before i got there passed out at the steering wheel now how i was driving on ice at 20 mph and drove almost 3/4the way there unconciouss i do not know anyways got there got the goods and headed back one again same deal well anyhow i managed to stay concious another couple hours idk how after i got home anyways finally went to bed after taking my DOC witch was a waste cause i was allready gone on xanax anyways i slept like it was goin outta style like the illegalization of sleep was being signed into law the next day lol i woke up and hadnt the slightest memory of anything from previous day didnt even know how i got my DOC from 6 miles from home on snow and ice as the day went on and the effects finally left the system i could regain very small flash memories of what had happened on that trip i could close my eyes ajd remember wat i saw my surroundings and of course passing out and waking up mostly all i remember is icy road as time went on i was finally able to recall most tye trip there and back but couldnt recall any other aspects of that day cant remember wat went dowb when i got to my buddies or any convos or anything from that day all i remember is the trip ice and i vaguely remember goin to the pawn shop earlier that days that is it long story short and the moral benzos are extremely dangerous and definatly Cause memory loss i wouldnt say forgetting persay but it detaches your brain from the events going on and your body is kind of on auto pilot you can still drive walk talk even carry on convos but its like memory is turned off just please be carefull with those xanax they can be a wonderfull drug but taken in excess even slight excess can be deadly not just from the drug but well reread my roadtrip story lol anything could have happened i was very very lucky probably wouldnt have cared if i had wrecked my truck at the time cause honestly xanax is the best f*** it all pill u can get just be smart and carefull the moral is if your having memory loss cut back your dose my dad has zero problems because he takes the proper dose for his body i can take a xanax 1mg and have zero issues but add another .5 mg or another 1mg maybe even as lil as .25 more mg can make a massive difference please everyone be safe benzos can be beneficial to health they can even be a good occasional afternoon fun but they are deadly and not just the pill i could have wrecked and died or done something stupid i normally wouldnt have done and have no memory of it in closing be safe much love to my blue light sisters and brothers much love ,opkiller 91

Yeah xanax gets nasty quickly. I went from eating 1/2 - 1mg to help with anxiety to popping the bars 5 at a time in the space of 3 months back when I was getting them in large quantities. Worst part was that I had no idea how fucked up I was getting - I thought i was just relaxed and functional (other than having to write things down constantly so I didn't forget them), it was only when multiple people approached me saying they were concerned because I was slurring my words, constantly bumping into things, drifting off mid-conversation, etc. that I realized I was getting really messed up. I've been really messed up on a lot of drugs before, but never been so intoxicated while simultaneously feeling so sober - it's a dangerous combo.

Luckily I lost my source not much later, then it was rescheduled and I swapped to the clonazepam/lorazepam combo until I got a valium script.

Haha...benzo time renders regular time a distant concept...it's just a blurry memory as you pass day to day in mindless automation

^ does loraz last as long as diaz for you? After using a host of RC's benzos, I was quite amazed at how long diaz actually lasted. Well into the next day. Etizolam lasts about 5 hours for me atm,

I find it has a slightly shorter duration (around 3 - 4 hours), but I also don't seem to get the long duration from diazepam that everyone talks about. I suspect there's a metabolic issue at hand, because diazepam only seems to work for about 4 - 5 hours for me (I wake up during the night having to redose on a regular basis, for example), as opposed to the 12+ hours a lot of people talk about.

Hey guys, need a bit of help....and advice

I have suffered from anxiety for a long period of time, around 2 years after an awful incident a while back. Earlier this year my doctor put me onto 10mg of citalopram which i am still currently taking daily. I also got given 25 5mg diazepam pills incase the citalopram made my anxiety worse for the first few days. Well i enjoyed having no anxiety at work and could concentrate wo much better with no stress on diazepam and chewed through them quickly taking 2.5mg a day. Since then i have gotten more valium off another source and have continued using diazepam daily for about 2 months but have kept it at 2.5mg a day.

I know this is a small dose but i have now run out of diazepam and really want to kick this habit. Should i stop cold turkey or see my doctor again to taper down. Is there much risk stopping suddenly on this low dose

Is this the first time you've taken benzos for an extended period? If it is I doubt a significant dependence would have had time to develop at that dose, so you're likely to avoid anything more than an increase in anxiety for a few days, and I'd say just go ahead and jump off the valium instead of dragging things out (unless you have any kind of disorder which increases your chance of experiencing seizures, in which case I'd say you should seek out medical help).

If you find the anxiety rebound too harsh, then maybe halve your dose for 2 or 3 days before jumping off.

Thanks for the advice crankinit.

this is the first time i have used benzos for a prolonged period of time other than the odd occasion at a doof when coming down off stims or on a long haul flight.

Today i jumped off and went to work without taking the 2.5mg. still feel ok but glad i have the weekend coming up

okay so what is the harm in being on benzos, long term?

Ive been chewing through about 100mg a day, for the last few weeks now, and realise I've got myself a bit of a habit. i went without some for a day or so and started to feel really weird, i got confused, disorientated and bright lights hurt my eyes. but it helps me stay level as i use about 2 points of meth a day. so if i just keep smashing these valiums, how will it effect me in the long run>?

?i have a reliable source who always has the goods. Valiums, temaz, even xanax sometimes. He assures me he has a solid connect and will rarely if ever be out. I pick up about 100- 200 10mg tabs at a time.

is 50mg valium at once, safe for a user with some experience with benzos,, nothing crazy but he's takent thm here and there and often had 20-30mg in one go

okay so what is the harm in being on benzos, long term?

Ive been chewing through about 100mg a day, for the last few weeks now, and realise I've got myself a bit of a habit. i went without some for a day or so and started to feel really weird, i got confused, disorientated and bright lights hurt my eyes. but it helps me stay level as i use about 2 points of meth a day. so if i just keep smashing these valiums, how will it effect me in the long run>?

?i have a reliable source who always has the goods. Valiums, temaz, even xanax sometimes. He assures me he has a solid connect and will rarely if ever be out. I pick up about 100- 200 10mg tabs at a time.

Probably the biggest issue is dependence. It takes a while to set in, but it's one of the most brutal addictions there is, withdrawal is not just hellishly painful, like opiates, but can cause seizures, sometimes fatal ones. At 100mg a day you're headed for a pretty nasty habit - in fact you might already have one, at such a high dose. And of course there's tolerance, if you're going through 100mg a day now, it's quite likely you'll end up on double or triple that if you keep up the daily consumption.

They also cause serious problems with cognitive function - they're known to be neurotoxic, and long term use, especially at such high doses, will cause noticeable damage (especially with memory and verbal recall). It's known that some of the impairment repairs after a period of time off the drug, but not how much. And more generally speaking, if you're taking 100mg/day to control the anxiety from meth use, then when you eventually stop the benzos you're likely to get hit with a nasty backlash of rebound anxiety even if you taper your dose carefully.

Then there's the intoxication itself, especially on top of the meth, it's quite likely that you're going about your day pretty fucked up without even noticing it, benzos are very subtle that way. Could lead to car crashes (lost track of the number of friends who've totaled their cars while fucked up on benzos), other accidents at work, stupid decisions you wouldn't otherwise make that could cause issues at work/home/etc, blacking out entirely, and so on.

You should seriously consider reducing your dose by a large chunk and seeking medical attention if you can't eventually cut the habit completely. No illicit drug source lasts forever, and if you keep things up at this rate for 6 months then your guy loses his access or gets put away or what not, you're in serious danger of highly unpleasant and potentially fatal withdrawals. At the least you'll probably end up hospitalized while they put you through a painful rapid taper.

Benzo's aren't a class of drugs you want to fuck with man, and you're well on the way to a serious problem on top of your meth habit. Be careful.

is 50mg valium at once, safe for a user with some experience with benzos,, nothing crazy but he's takent thm here and there and often had 20-30mg in one go

Laid in bed? Yes probably.

Out and about on big doses of benzos is when it becomes problematic, and unfortunately the process of big benzo doses often means going from being sat at home to wanting to go on a mission to end up rolling about in the street with total strangers. So ultimately avoid big doses.

Saying all that, I'd happily throw 30mg down my neck but I'd be sure enough I wouldn't be taking any more for a little while

Hey guys I'm having a bit of trouble understanding half-lives.

I've been using diazepam for the past 3 and a bit months all though not everyday - as far as I understand that doesn't matter considering its ridiculous half-life.

For a chap with a very fast metabolism, i'm trying to figure out how to space out this last 10mg.

My average dose is 5mg and then on the weekends id up it to anywhere from 20-30mg.

I already experienced wd symptoms when I didn't take it for two days and I had to do a presentation which virtually made me have a panic attack with extreme anxiety and sweating.

I can't afford to battle the WDs because it's crunch time at Uni and I can't afford to be too scared to go sit in the classroom. I think I have to go see if someone can help me taper down mg by mg - I just got off opiates 8 days ago and i'm freakin' exhausted.

I might break down the 10mg into 4 2.5mg doses and take each one every 2-3 days.

This is even worse than opiates, which I was on for two years (on and off, detoxing three times.)

I cannot actually believe doctors prescribe this. What's worse is I fear i'll go back to PST or something to alleviate the anxiety and aches if I do have nasty rebound effects.

Also I understand this would seem like petty whinging when comparing my situation to others but I have pre-existing anxiety issues and I'm NOT going to fail my subjects because of three freakin' months of irresponsibility.

I'm thinking those two days were so bad because I was only on day 6 of no opiates...coming off both at the same time, even at the low doses I was using, was too much

Last edited:
Really? Seizures after 3 months at the doses i've been taking?

Luckily I know a doctor who would be probably be willing to drop me down mg by mg.

I want to go CT but it's the worst possible timing to be dealing with the rebound effects.

Good looking out Brewster - Id certainly rather be safe then sorry.

I've split my remaining tablets up into 7 days worth of approx 1.25mg doses...that should be enough to get me well beneath any risk zone for seizures and minimise discomfort.

If desperate I'll try get a taper plan over a week or two but I doubt that'll be necessary.

Good HR advice!

Cheers

Breaking up the 5mg tablets accurately into small amounts is difficult. As they are now I'd say each chunk is between 1-1.5mgs. I'll take the bigger ones first and work my way down toward the smaller ones.

Whilst 5mg was my average dose, I did on occasion take 1-2mgs of lorazepam, or 30-40mgs diazepam (mostly on weekends,) and the odd xanax bar...plus some clonaz...so it's not a clear cut 5mg per day sort of thing.

Regardless i'm just going to bite my lip and get through it. I just got through opiate detox again and fuck getting out of the frying pan just to jump into the fire (trade opiates for benzos. No sir, no ma'am, no way, no day.)

I appreciate the responses guys :)

This is why I love BL :)