European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The ANGRY thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I did it. For a week until I made a cannabinoid blend and opted for spliffs. I did notice how awful it actually smells, but I couldn't help but miss the taste, oddly enough. 8)

Mine has lasted 3 years so far, and should last many more. I kinda fekked the battery up by leaving it on charge 24/7, forever.

<3

When I got my laptop, I installed Ubuntu "Oneiric Ocelot" on it (single-booting, naturally). So that would make it late 2011. It's lasted pretty well, for saying .....

It infuriates me that society has advanced to the point we no longer consider homosexuality to be abhorrent, or unnatural, and yet the notion of preferring neither gender over the other is as despicable to some gay men as it is to a homophobe.

Do you know how much it hurts to be told you don't exist?
To be looked down upon like some sort of joke, a liar, for wanting the same thing every single one of us spends our entire life wanting; to find someone who makes us happy, and who we make happy ourselves.

It's not much to ask, is it? :\

<3

I personally dislike the premise that you need to cast your preferences in stone and declare them to the world. Being largely hetro I have no real understanding of what being a gay man is like but I'd hazard a guess that some hold that identity so fiercely because of prejudice that they might feel bisexuality attacks the core of it .....it doesn't imho

It infuriates me that society has advanced to the point we no longer consider homosexuality to be abhorrent, or unnatural, and yet the notion of preferring neither gender over the other is as despicable to some gay men as it is to a homophobe.

Do you know how much it hurts to be told you don't exist?
To be looked down upon like some sort of joke, a liar, for wanting the same thing every single one of us spends our entire life wanting; to find someone who makes us happy, and who we make happy ourselves.

It's not much to ask, is it? :\

<3

Yeah, it seems if you identify as bi-sexual you are hated by both heteros and homosexuals...oh what a fucked.up stupid world we.live in..

Your right there sprout..... It is a fucked up world. While not gay myself, the fact that some see the need to hurt others based on their sexual preferences is pretty fucked up....

Having a really bad day today. Meeting with the trade union bloke later to see what is salvageable of my career after this fucking train wreck of a year.....

I feel sexuality is more like a scale than absolute straight - bi - gay, so in theory almost everyone is bi but most are say 90-95% straight 10-5% gay or vice versa.

I feel sexuality is more like a scale than absolute straight - bi - gay, so in theory almost everyone is bi but most are say 90-95% straight 10-5% gay or vice versa.

I don't have issue with the above but it seems it's more complex recent studies of women found most declared hetrosexual women were somewhat attracted to other women, where as most declared Lesbians were just that.

If people want to declare their sexual preference then of course that should be just fine, whatever it is but I don't feel the need. I've been with Mrs A for 30 years (almost) so I'm in a hetrosexual relationship to which I have always been faithful so I havent had to really think too much about any alternatives.

We seem to have made some progress in recent years but all this need to compartmentalize people into Gay / Straight...Male / Female feels like something we need to progress away from IMHO, non of it is of any importance to anyone but the individual and maybe prospective partners.

I mended a camping lantern for a friend. The batteries has leaked and corroded the contacts away. I managed to fashion some replacements, fix them in place with epoxy resin where they did not need to be touching the batteries and all was well. Gave a nice steady light. He took it home the other night.

Why isn't this in the snoo thread? I hear you ask .....

I'll tell you for why. Because on the way home, the wind caught the bag in which he was carrying it. Bang! The fluorescent tube went for a Burton .....

And every likely replacement I have seen turned out to have the 4 pins in a straight line, not the original square arrangement. So I can't even get a new sodding bulb to fit the bloody thing. And if and when I do eventually ever find one, I'm betting it will cost more than a brand new LED lamp with twice the battery life.

That is a shame Julie......

I need to get a halogen heater for my bedroom it's fucking freezing even with the heating on.

I mended a camping lantern for a friend. The batteries has leaked and corroded the contacts away. I managed to fashion some replacements, fix them in place with epoxy resin where they did not need to be touching the batteries and all was well. Gave a nice steady light. He took it home the other night.

Why isn't this in the snoo thread? I hear you ask .....

I'll tell you for why. Because on the way home, the wind caught the bag in which he was carrying it. Bang! The fluorescent tube went for a Burton .....

And every likely replacement I have seen turned out to have the 4 pins in a straight line, not the original square arrangement. So I can't even get a new sodding bulb to fit the bloody thing. And if and when I do eventually ever find one, I'm betting it will cost more than a brand new LED lamp with twice the battery life.

That is some kind of challenge fit only for someone who hast slept in 2 days ;) dimensions, connector description and identifying numbers are required

A little light rustling of Rizlas revealed a particularly pernicious plot of deliciously dastardly deviousness. There must be bare wires coming out of the end of the glass tube. They pass through hollow metal pins attached to the plastic base, and are crimped into contact by making an indentation in the side of each pin. Drill out the indentations, releasing the wires, and remove the plastic base from the old tube complete with four pins in the required square pattern. Do similar with replacement tube of correct size and wattage but having wrong base, and remove good tube. Extend wires with 24 gauge tinned copper wire, add sleeving if required, poke through pins of old base in correct configuration as compared to old tube (otherwise high voltage will be applied across one of the end filaments, resulting in the speedy demise of the tube) and use holes where indents were drilled out as touch holes to apply solder while heating end with iron; solder will be drawn through hole and weld wire firmly to inner wall of hollow pin.

I think that's a pretty cunning plan, even if I do say so myself.

^^ I admire the thoroughness of your plans, I'm confident this item will be brought back into to full service.

I had to do a little fiddly soldering today on some headphones, I have finally had to admit defeat and acquire some reading glasses which I pressed into service to good effect. Guess I'll have to invest in varifocals as switch glasses is a pain and I will never be wearing glasses on a chain around my neck...well maybe a Larry Grayson kind of affair :D

^^ I admire the thoroughness of your plans, I'm confident this item will be brought back into to full service.

I had to do a little fiddly soldering today on some headphones, I have finally had to admit defeat and acquire some reading glasses which I pressed into service to good effect. Guess I'll have to invest in varifocals as switch glasses is a pain and I will never be wearing glasses on a chain around my neck...well maybe a Larry Grayson kind of affair :D

As soon as I turned 50 at the end of last year, my near vision seemed to deteriorate overnight. My last eyetest confirmed I now need varifocals, but being a tight twat I just bought some new single vision glasses instead (went for the reactive coating as well, so I can look ubercool all year round). So I'm now one of those twats that has to peer over the top of his specs to focus on anything closer than 15" away. The only thing that bothers me is that my sudden loss of near vision coincided with starting to hammer the 3fpm. Cause or coincidence? Fuck knows...

As soon as I turned 50 at the end of last year, my near vision seemed to deteriorate overnight. My last eyetest confirmed I now need varifocals, but being a tight twat I just bought some new single vision glasses instead (went for the reactive coating as well, so I can look ubercool all year round). So I'm now one of those twats that has to peer over the top of his specs to focus on anything closer than 15" away. The only thing that bothers me is that my sudden loss of near vision coincided with starting to hammer the 3fpm. Cause or coincidence? Fuck knows...

On the vision issues; they appear for about 48 hours post ingestion in my experience and thus I attributed it to the incredible nystagmus 3-FPM produces, seriously - check a mirror or wave a hand in front of your face, I never noticed until I did so.

I'm short-sighted enough to be categorised as blind (3/60), the benefit being my £500 specs (yeah, lenses for bats...) are subsidised by the NHS and the optician themselves. :)
I still have to peer over them to read, but I'm just thankful I have at least a full field of vision.

<3

On the vision issues; they appear for about 48 hours post ingestion in my experience and thus I attributed it to the incredible nystagmus 3-FPM produces, seriously - check a mirror or wave a hand in front of your face, I never noticed until I did so.

I'm short-sighted enough to be categorised as blind (3/60), the benefit being my £500 specs (yeah, lenses for bats...) are subsidised by the NHS and the optician themselves. :)
I still have to peer over them to read, but I'm just thankful I have at least a full field of vision.

<3

When I first started on the 3, the pupil dilation and inability to focus was extreme. I also suspected it caused muscle wastage due to the aches and pains I experienced afterwards. I was worried It might be affecting the eye muscles in this way leading to a permanent degradation in eyesight. I agree that it's very noticable upto 48 hours after a session. Have any other efefeffers noticed similar effects?

Bloody hell Sprout, snd I thought MY eyesight was bad. I've actually got an appointment at the hospital eye clinic tomorrow as I have a problem with the optic nerve in my left eye - I'm suffering from loss of peripheral vision in the upper left quadrant. Most of the time I can ignore it, but it can get annoying in bright light as there is a permanent shadow in my vision. I fear this may have been caused by using lemon juice instead of citric too many times in the past.

Windows 10 is fucking shite. I know it's pretty much still in beta but jesus christ. Pretty much multiple times a day it tells me Cortana and the start menu have stopped working and would I kindly log out and in again to solve it. Took seven or eight goes last time. Sound dies on software randomly; wouldn't play sound in VLC yesterday so stuck Winamp on and that died halfway through an album, though it still has the wee pop up in the corner saying it's playing 'Minimal Qat' since yesterday fucking afternoon despite several reboots. Notifications won't go away and hidden ones make the taskbar stay constantly on top until you figure out which program is doing it and close it. Also I keep turning off pinch zoom and every time I restart it comes back. I hate it. I hate it so much I'm considering going back to XP or finding a Linux gui-based distro I can get along with but not tried that in a good ten years and dunno how they are for gaming. Argh.

Also fucking hell Sprout, that is a bit bad! Think you're worse than my missus and her eyesight is atrocious, she has glasses that make her eyes look huge (you seen trailer park boys?...;))and can't get contact lenses that aren't clinical trials but yeah don't think she's £500 a pair of glasses kinda bad!

Hey, Snolly!

Cone over to the dark side, give a Linux distribution a try! Just get another hard drive and swap it out with your Windows one, so you can give Open Source a try in the most risk-free manner. Anytime you need Windows, simply whip the side off, swap the drive cables over and you're back in business .....

Hello! I was hoping you'd pop your head in or that I'd somehow summon you :D Didn't think of the external HD thing, that was my only sticking point aside from compatibility tbh, I recall an attempt at a dual boot that didn't go so well many years ago and required much fuckery to fix, shall get a spare HD and have a look for one that suits then! I miss being able to mess about with stuff as well, Windows feels a bit too 'we know best, we don't trust you to touch anything' now

Status
Not open for further replies.