• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery The 2022 alcohol support thread

Yes it made it to the front page.

The popular opinion was it was cringey

Hmm. Well this #RecoveryPosse thing has the advantage of needing that tag (obviously).

That's sad for that person :\ DTs and alcohol psychosis are pretty heavy duty. And ending up in the bar isn't unusual. I was seeing this guy who developed a pancreatic cyst which had to be removed in a hospital in the city bc they didn't have the surgeon or whatever at our local hospital. I drove up there to get him when it was done and guess where he wanted to stop? Drive-thru bottle shop.

drinking really makes neuropathy this much worse or issit just a coincidence? my hand is fucking itching "for no reason", yeah right. And I have probably nerve entrapment on leg and it is pretty mean too. At what point should I take b12? I now again drink pretty much afterall. I wish I won't get crazy with store beer now I annihilated 25 liters of low-alc "kalja". Bought bottle of wine yesterday. No hangovers, been blazing all the time.

drinking really makes neuropathy this much worse or issit just a coincidence? my hand is fucking itching "for no reason", yeah right. And I have probably nerve entrapment on leg and it is pretty mean too. At what point should I take b12? I now again drink pretty much afterall. I wish I won't get crazy with store beer now I annihilated 25 liters of low-alc "kalja". Bought bottle of wine yesterday. No hangovers, been blazing all the time.
I've never had itching but I get all sorts of constant muscle spasms and my hands start feeling arthritic. I don't know how much vitamins help, it only goes away when I stop drinking or drink less.

Yea the itch is just what my nerve damage does time to time, but I can commonly associate flares to something.

Yea the itch is just what my nerve damage does time to time, but I can commonly associate flares to something.
My dad (life long alcoholic) had extreme itches and red rashy blotches all over his limbs. I always assumed it as due to liver failure, but he also had severe nerve damage from alcohol as well. He was in denial about it, and refused to quit drinking. He would blame everything except alcohol, like he was suddenly allergic to dish soap or laundry detergent.

Screenshot-20220922-132028-Reddit.jpg

This fucking pisses me off. Why is an ad like this even allowed? Marketing to children.

Whatever happened to "drink responsibly"?

Now it's haha funny meme. Water is for losers kid, be cool and drink this toxic bubble juice.

"It's weird to drink water at a party" FUCK OFF

Ridiculous...

I finally got a week under my belt. It's because I was in physical pain, as a direct result from drinking alcohol. Yeast infections are the worst.

Water helps reduce the pain but the moisture makes it grow. Doctors don't have a solution other than some pill I would need to take once a month and I can't afford that so it's sobriety and gargling with apple cider vinegar for a week.

Screenshot-20220922-132028-Reddit.jpg

This fucking pisses me off. Why is an ad like this even allowed? Marketing to children.

Whatever happened to "drink responsibly"?

Now it's haha funny meme. Water is for losers kid, be cool and drink this toxic bubble juice.

"It's weird to drink water at a party" FUCK OFF

Ridiculous...
that's just fucking lazy BS even good fart is funnier, alligator thing is little funny tho.

i made it to 10 days no beer and then i had 3 beers on my birthday last week, and then just 1 beer on Sunday....other than that, nothing

ive been drinking green tea in the late afternoon/evening instead

:caffeine:

Going on over a month now without any alcohol. I never thought or even imagined that I would make it past the first week.
Granted, I go to 3 AA meetings a week, church on Sunday, and recently picked up a male sponsor to guide me through the big book of AA.
I know people have mixed feelings about AA and church and whatnot, and honestly, I do all of this to help build a relationship with a higher power. Not saying it's Jesus or anything, I enjoy watching people raise their hands, and holler, in church. If they believe, then what's stopping me?

So without a program of action, I'd be drunker then fuck right now.

Going on over a month now without any alcohol. I never thought or even imagined that I would make it past the first week.
Granted, I go to 3 AA meetings a week, church on Sunday, and recently picked up a male sponsor to guide me through the big book of AA.
I know people have mixed feelings about AA and church and whatnot, and honestly, I do all of this to help build a relationship with a higher power. Not saying it's Jesus or anything, I enjoy watching people raise their hands, and holler, in church. If they believe, then what's stopping me?

• Heart
Reactions: Ds

That's awesome!