• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2018/2019 NFL Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex Smith convinces a ref to throw a flag 30 seconds after the play is dead. A face mask that erased a huge play. Replay shows offense holding on the same play. So instead of just missing the call and moving on (like what normally happens) or getting both flags and having them offset, Redskins are allowed to go back in time and only have our penalty enforced.

Meanwhile Cam gets knees to the head after he's down. No flags. Funchess got face masked at least twice that I saw. No flags.

But you know, it doesn't help that we completely fucked ourselves there at the end. We had enough time to play for the first down. Instead the ball keeps going in the air toward the end zone. Why are we throwing the ball so much in the fucking red zone with the game on the line. The Panthers have the highest rushing yards per game in the NFL for a reason.

I think I'm just gonna blame you CJ. Your fucking rogue pick cursed us.

Also, this is long overdue..but I'm revoking Ron Rivera's nickname. Anyone who punts on 4th and inches on the game opening drive (on the road...with fucking Cam Newton) doesn't deserve to be called Riverboat. That kills our momentum. Shows your players you don't think they can get it done. Makes the other team think your intimidated. Now your rookie fucks up returning the punt. Just like that, we're playing from behind the entire game.

We're still just a game behind the Saints. I just hope coach finds his nut sack between now and next Sunday. I don't think the Eagles will let us come back in the 4th quarter like Washington did, eh CJ?

Man I was pulling for you guys. Eagles needed Washington to lose. I think our game next week will come down to how Cam plays. We will stop the run so yeah I like our chances but we have been horribly inconsistent.

I totally agree with your take on Cam not being protected like a normal qb. Tom Brady gets those calls everytime. I think the punishment he takes early in games erodes his accuracy in the 4th quarter. He was overthrowing everything in the 4th quarter

Yeah I mean Cam wasn't perfect or anything...but this has been his most accurate season ever, I'm pretty sure. When divvying out the blame for this game though, he wouldn't even be top 5. Imo. That was a game we could have won by 20. The two DJ Moore fumbles resulted in 10 points alone. He made a few big plays toward the end.

I can live with rookies making mistakes. What's unacceptable to me is watching all the work and effort from the players, how they fought and came back from 17-0. Had the game in our hands. And we throw on 3rd and 4th? Don't go for the first down? Leave time on the clock?

The Chicago-Miami game is one of the most exciting Dolphins games I have watched in years. Holy shit was that a back and forth contest. I started off the day apathetic and completely deflated, with the two consecutive bad losses to NE and Cincinnati, and especially with my Canes just completely disappointing me in every possible way last night (this is how a father must feel when he finds out that his son is a rapist). I spent most of the game mired in that funk, until Jakeem Grant phase shifted through those deep safeties on that long catch for a touchdown, and Kenny Stills had that fire ass catch to add the two point conversion. From there, things were lit again.

While it won't be enough to revive the Hurricane's recently deceased season, and it doesn't mean the Dolphins are going to the Superbowl, I had fun, which is more than I can say about most Canes/Dolphins games the past 15+ years.

O2OVxgl.gif

That was a good game tonight. Mahomes made some rookoe mistakes in the first half that hurt KC but I was really impressed overall. I knew it was over when Brady got the ball back with 3min. KCs defense really lacks a consistent pass rush it seemed like. If you give Brady time to set his feet you will lose. You have to hit him or at least get him moving laterally in the pocket to have a chance.

KC is a contender but I think they need to make a trade for a pass rusher. I'm looking forward to seeing a rematch in the playoffs. Especially if it's in KC

lol. I never said they couldn't win. I said it being October wasn't the reason. They won because they're really talented and they thrived under the pressure. I think it would have been the same result no matter what the calendar says.

Even though I'm doing terrible in the pickem, I think this season has been pretty entertaining to watch

They're definitely good under pressure. And again the coach is good at adapting. Who knows, maybe we illegally video taped and used deflated balls. But it's just coincidental that Belichick and Brady get their shit together around the 5th to 6th game, which happens to be October.

^ haters gonna hate dude :)

some great stuff this weekend and some decent upsets!

i got absolutely creamed in my fantasy matchup - i'm going to lose by about 80 points which is just embarrassing...

alasdair

Miami Chicago had a classic ending. Drake fumbled on the goal line in ot. Then Chicago getting conservative at the edge of field goal range leading to miss and losing on the next possession. Crazy stuff.

Pittsburgh cinncinatti was great too.

Greenbays defense is making the 49ers offense look amazing. Gb may lose the next 5 games in a row with that schedule

Well Arizona is in close competition with Buffalo for worst team in the league.

Dude, CJ...I'm nervous as hell about playing Philly. Historically, we do best when everything's stacked against us...when no one thinks we'll win... but deep down I just don't have that much confidence in our coaching staff. I feel like they're going to fuck it up again, like last week. Then your eagles will be flyin high and I'll be pissed off and crying in a puddle.

Philly has done well against Cam over the years. I mean we beat y'all on year with Mark Sanchez one year. I think it will be close but I think our run defense forces Cam to throw more often then he's comfortable causing some turnovers. So yeah I think it'll be a good game but I like the Eagles.

Status
Not open for further replies.