• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2018/2019 NFL Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best defense is a good offense.. or something.

Which means pats defense is stellar.

It's all relative.

We won.

Lol, my bad, didn't check BL for a few days because my mobile data was being spotty.

I'm certainly disappointed, but not overly surprised, tbh. The Patriots came out hungry, while we played about as poorly as we possibly could.

As mal said, hard to draw too much of a conclusion from one game. I think it makes it clear that we are probably not elite, but we kind of knew that, already.

Curious to see how we follow up against Cincinnati. Bengals look legit this year.
no worries.

so we're agreed that the answer to the question "how good are the dolphins really?" after that true test is "not very good" :)

alasdair

Gano kicks a 63 yard ​field goal to win the game! The second longest made field goal in NFL history​.

Can't say this Lions win feels that great. Packers soundly beat them in just about every stat other than kicks and turnovers.

Some strange endings and upsets to the early games. Especially the Panthers 63 yard game winner

Some strange endings and upsets to the early games. Especially the Panthers 63 yard game winner

second longest in the history of the league! :D Longest ever was 64 yards in 2013.

Man the texans can't score a TD to save there lives

And ot needs to go back to 15 minutes

no worries.

so we're agreed that the answer to the question "how good are the dolphins really?" after that true test is "not very good" :)

alasdair

Certainly after that Bengals game, not gonna lie. I still think we are a borderline wildcard team, good enough to beat up the bad opponents and compete with most squads, but clearly not on the level of the elite teams.

Injuries at our positions of strength have also hampered us.

i only watched highlights but the giants vs. panthers game looked incredibly exciting. what a finish!

alasdair

Eagles are in absolute disarray. And now Ajayi is done for the season. Our division sucks but the playoffs are still going to be tough to make

Drew Brees put on a show last night. I don't really like the saints but that was fun to watch

There's this stat getting floated around about the Pats home win percentage in October. I get what that stat is supposed to imply, but are we really going to say that a team tries less because it's September 29th instead of October 6?

Seems like the expectation for this game is that the "real" Patriots are going to show up, and from this Sunday on it will be back to their normal dominance. Is there some kind of magic at work here that I'm unfamiliar with? KC and the Rams have been the runaway successes this season, but now NE is going to beat down KC?

Nearly 70% of the picks compiled on nflpickwatch are NE over KC. NE's defense allowed Blake Bortles and the Jags to put up 31 points... but they're going to stop Mahomes because it's October?

It either has to do with the change in weather, or Bill Belichick's ability to coach a team and make something out of nothing. I think we just expect to be good right off the bat, and when that doesn't happen, Bill and Brady probably go, "alright.. time to fucking turn this up a notch". And then they do it..

People like that are very good under pressure, so when the pressure to perform ensues, they buckle down and giddy up.

I guess so. ^

Man, the Giants are embarrassing. Eli looks like he's counting the days until he can quit and start doing commercials with his brother.

ugh - that was ugly. giants looked truly horrible. too bad the guy i'm playing this week has saquon barkley :(

alasdair

Eli may be the worst qb in the league. Odell Beckham is a head case. The team quit at halftime except for Barkley. I'm glad the Eagles won big but I'm not drawing too big a conclusion from this one. The test will be the next two weeks against the Panthers and jaguars

Status
Not open for further replies.