• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2017/2018 NFL thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. I wish it wasn't a Thursday game though. I don't think they are real games coming off such short weeks tbh. Panthers have some tall receivers and should be able to abuse our secondary in theory. On the other hand if we get pressure on Can he tends to tank and we have a great D line

If Panthers weren’t at home I wouldn’t give us much of a chance. It will still be tough though coming off the short week like you said, especially after playing @NE and @Det back to back. Eagles are great this year. These are the challenges Cam needs. I still wish we hadn’t lost Olsen.

Panthers have some tall receivers and should be able to abuse our secondary in theory.

haven't seen any analysts mention that, but from what i could tell that was a huge part of how they beat my Lions yesterday. Newton is really good at putting the ball up for his tall guys.

^ check out the td pass he threw to funchess at the very end of the 2nd quarter. great example.

the jets have won 3 straight!

alasdair

It's almost time to beat some panther ass! First Philly game of the year I get to see on TV instead of the computer pumped!!

OMG cam newton better not be bringing flopping to NFL. twice in a few plays

so pathetic

so pathetic

I'm do glad we pulled that out. I almost broke my hand after that bullshit flop got called as a personal foul on the delay of game. That was the worst officiated game I have ever seen. 10 penalties for over 100 yards on eagles vs 1 penalty for 1 yard vs Panthers. How is that fucking possible? It was infuriating. But whatever we beat the Panthers and refs! Take that! 5-1 baby

That was the worst officiated game I have ever seen. 10 penalties for over 100 yards on eagles vs 1 penalty for 1 yard vs Panthers. How is that fucking possible? It was infuriating. But whatever we beat the Panthers and refs! Take that! 5-1 baby

You haven’t watched many games if that’s the worst you’ve ever seen. The Eagles out played us and definitely out coached us. Is that not enough for you? Is it that hard to believe that they were simply the more aggressive team in a hostile environment thus they made more mistakes penalty wise? No. If I were you, I’d be talking shit about us not running the ball on 4th and 1 with the game on the line. Or how we chose not to kick the field goal going into halftime.

Our best player didn’t play the entire second half and you won by 5. The NFC east is crumbling around you. Count your blessings and move on. Act like you’ve won a game before.

so pathetic

You know, you have a great point there...

oh, wait a second

is that Atlanta Falcons cornerback Robert Alford?

...huh. How about that

I think it’s over for us though. No Olsen, no Kuechly, looks like Cam fucked his shoulder again on the Superman play.

You haven’t watched many games if that’s the worst you’ve ever seen. The Eagles out played us and definitely out coached us. Is that not enough for you? Is it that hard to believe that they were simply the more aggressive team in a hostile environment thus they made more mistakes penalty wise? No. If I were you, I’d be talking shit about us not running the ball on 4th and 1 with the game on the line. Or how we chose not to kick the field goal going into halftime.

Our best player didn’t play the entire second half and you won by 5. The NFC east is crumbling around you. Count your blessings and move on. Act like you’ve won a game before.

The officiating was one sided as fuck man. But whatever we are better then I expected this year. I feel sorry you guys have Mike Shula as o coordinator. I'm an Alabama fan and he had the worst offenses at Alabama when he was here. If you guys got someone to maximize Cams strengths you'd be much more dangerous team. As far as Kuechly I feel bad he's out but we have our best CB out and our best Olineman out it's part of the game.

I'm glad we won but that doesn't mean I can't be concerned about terrible officiating. I'm not the only one either there's lots of talk about it today on ESPN and Reddit.

Anyway hope you guys have a good year. Y'all should win your division

There’s been an angry mob in the Carolina fan base for a long time wanting Shula out. I really do feel like that shit last night was the last straw though. We had it man. Let Cam jump over and get the first down, boom, 4 more chances to score. Doesn’t take a genius to figure that out.

We might could still win our division. Olsen will be back eventually. If Cam would quit sulking every time he throws an interception that would help too. I’m just not sure about our defense. Peppers gives us an edge but without Kuechly I feel like the whole thing falls apart. He was calling the shots back there. And it rips my soul to shreds to know how hard he works and having to go through this concussion nightmare three years in a row.

Cam just doesn't strike me as much of a leader. The whole sitting on the bench with a towel over your head thing is a bad look. Other qb are pumping up there team talking to the OC or at least look approachable. Dude has some growing up too do if he wants to break into the elite qb area with Brady and Rodgers. He has the tools physically just needs better attitude.

You know, you have a great point there...

oh, wait a second

is that Atlanta Falcons cornerback Robert Alford?

...huh. How about that

yeah, he's a dumbass.

ive seen players flop before, although it is rare.
but twice in 3 plays scares me.

Last edited:
Cam just doesn't strike me as much of a leader. The whole sitting on the bench with a towel over your head thing is a bad look. Other qb are pumping up there team talking to the OC or at least look approachable. Dude has some growing up too do if he wants to break into the elite qb area with Brady and Rodgers. He has the tools physically just needs better attitude.

That’s what all of us are waiting for, I think. He’s everything he needs to be when things are going alright, but if something gets under his skin he has a hard time bouncing back. He gets frustrated when he’s busting his ass making incredible play after incredible play then someone else fucks up.

I wish McCaffrey was a little bigger. He’s extremely talented but he can’t break a tackle to save his life.

Omg Jarvis Landry has flopped 3 times after the play and it’s just 2nd quarter. This is why it scared me. Luckily none of them were called. What a loser

Arron Rodgers is out for awhile it looks like. The back up looks lost as fuck too. NFC north is in a tailspin this year

Edit Fox is reporting Rodgers is done for the season

Last edited:
How bout them Dolphins?
Panthers back on top and we should be getting Kuechly back. No concussion.

Love to watch Rodgers play, but that will make it easier on everyone else in the NFC for sure.

How bout them Dolphins?
Panthers back on top and we should be getting Kuechly back. No concussion.

Love to watch Rodgers play, but that will make it easier on everyone else in the NFC for sure.

lol doplphins had refs on their side...

go chargers. fuck the overrated raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.