• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2017/2018 NFL thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was the best day of my life! Old Cam is back. KB and Funchess stepped up. Julius Peppers owned Brady's ass. ATL lost to a team that we beat. Did I mention we beat the Patriots AT Patriots?

My Pickms are fucked but i don't even care. Maybe I'll let someone else win this year lol.

Today was the best day of my life! Old Cam is back. KB and Funchess stepped up. Julius Peppers owned Brady's ass. ATL lost to a team that we beat. Did I mention we beat the Patriots AT Patriots?

My Pickms are fucked but i don't even care. Maybe I'll let someone else win this year lol.

I wouldn't exactly consider the Carolina win over Buffalo convincing.

Bills leading the AFC East, is this real life?

Bills_Photo_credit-_Rick_Stewart-e1502402269890.jpg

i wouldn't put it past them

hopefully GM shows up to bask in the glory that is the Bills first quarter of the season!

Superbowl 52, Bills vs. Lions. that would tickle me so much, but it would be one of the lowest rated Super Bowls this millenia.

I am pleasantly surprised the eagles are 3-1. While our secondary is still one of the worst in the league we have been able to able to pressure the qb without blitzing which somewhat hides the deficiency. We have a tough schedule but I am cautiously optimistic about the playoffs.

Not if you are trying to convince someone that they beat the bills and the bills beating the falcons means anything

That was one of the worst offensive shows from buffalo that I've seen in the last decade. Like top 5 worst performances.

Superbowl 52, Bills vs. Lions. that would tickle me so much, but it would be one of the lowest rated Super Bowls this millenia.

Would love it. And the Superbowl in Minnesota???? No one is going to that shit.

It is now apparent that the Dolphins' season was over a month before it even began. Losing Tannehill really hurt, and Cutler is clearly not up to the task. No excuse for our offense to be as bad as it is with one of the best receiving units and one of the best running backs in the league. Sure, the offensive interior hasn't played too well, but it was much, much worse last season when our entire starting offensive line was injured most of the year. Two consecutive shutouts against shitty teams (Jets would have shut us out if not for a lucky, garbage time score as time expired).

I expect to see Matt Moore before the season is out, but it doesn't matter because this year is a wash anyways. No real reason to engage.

If anything, this validates the analysts who claimed that Tannehill did more with less than nearly any other QB in the NFL last year. He really came along a lot further than most non-Dolphans realize last season, and I'm looking forward to seeing him in 2018.

Broncos D is absolutely suffocating! And the run game has made improvements. I feel like the qb position is the only thing holding us back.

The crucifixion of Cam continues... everyone piles on before giving him a chance to explain himself. Sports media piles on Cam for one little throw away comment, if it had been Aaron Rodgers or Matt Ryan or Tom Brady or any other white quarterback they would have given them the benefit of the doubt.

Look at all the sexist shit Gronk has gotten away with.

^ help me understand why you don't think his comment was problematic?

she's a football reporter whose job is to cover football asking a football player an informed question about football. in what sense is that funny?

thanks.

alasdair

^ help me understand why you don't think his comment was problematic?

she's a football reporter whose job is to cover football asking a football player an informed question about football. in what sense is that funny?

I took the comment to mean, it's funny (as in unusual or out of the ordinary) to hear a woman ask such a great detailed question. The smirk thing was more like, "damn...ok! She's for real".

Cam is immature. Everyone, even his fans admit this. The comment was unnecessary and he should have known better. Even if he meant nothing by it, he has had enough experience now to know how his words can be twisted and interpreted to mean anything.

If the reporter had really wanted to get to the bottom of Cams comment, she could have asked him right then. But of course she didn't...she hopped on twitter knowing she was about to get her 15 minutes. You really think if Cam was standing up there being openly sexist that none of those reporters would have jumped on it?

The real problem is, the only accounts of the second conversation are from her and her colleague. Unfortunately Cam is put into a position of leaving it alone and allow people to talk shit, or address it. If you do that, you are creating an even bigger distraction 2 days before you play your 2nd consecutive road game at Detroit.

He's been picked apart since his college days. People don't like his confidence or his unconventional qb style.

When someone calls this petty shit sexism, it detracts from actual real sexism.

I took the comment to mean, it's funny (as in unusual or out of the ordinary) to hear a woman ask such a great detailed question.
but why? why should it be out of the ordinary for a female reporter to ask a smart question?

it's the very definition of sexism...

If the reporter had really wanted to get to the bottom of Cams comment, she could have asked him right then. But of course she didn't...she hopped on twitter...
actually, she didn't carry on in the conference because the conference is about football. so she waited until it finished and then spoke to him. he reportedly did not apologize. it was only after that, that she sent her tweet.

the club issued a statement condemning his statement.

the nfl issued a statement condemning his statement.

he has since apologized: WATCH: Cam Newton offers sincere, thoughtful apology following controversial remarks

cam disagrees with you :)

alasdair

You even added your signature passive-aggressive smiley at the end. Very impressive.

"Why should it be out of the oridinary?"

It shouldn't be, but it is. Maybe take that up with the NFL. Or ESPN. Or Fox Sports. I mean, FS1 gave that leathery toad Skip Bayless another job. Personally, I would have preferred to see an up-and-coming, feisty female given that opportunity. That's a much better example of sexism. A 90 year old white guy that everyone hates gets the job over dozens of qualified women? The sports media is just as sexist as the NFL, yet they get on TV every day and grandstand.

"He reportedly did not apologize"

You can't use the word "reportedly" when there was no report. It was basically two people that work for the same company who had a vested interest in portraying the conversation in a certain light. They didn't quote him or record anything because that wouldn't have fit their narrative. I personally don't trust a racist, n-word using, privileged white woman who wants to make a name for herself to give an honest account of what was said.

"The Panthers and the NFL issued a statement"

Of course they did. That is the sad reality of our PC world.

"Cam disagrees with you"

No he doesn't. He expressed sincere regret for making a comment that caused offense. He never admitted to being sexist, because he's not. And again, the team he leads has a really tough game in two days, so he probably felt this was the quickest way to diffuse this distraction. If he had gotten into the weeds and contested how things actually happened and what he actually meant and all that, it wouldn't have been good for him or his team.

On a side note, alasdairm... Defending a racist bitch over a black man with two young daughters is not a good look. :)

mal3volent

It is now apparent that the Dolphins' season was over a month before it even began. Losing Tannehill really hurt, and Cutler is clearly not up to the task. No excuse for our offense to be as bad as it is with one of the best receiving units and one of the best running backs in the league. Sure, the offensive interior hasn't played too well, but it was much, much worse last season when our entire starting offensive line was injured most of the year. Two consecutive shutouts against shitty teams (Jets would have shut us out if not for a lucky, garbage time score as time expired).

I expect to see Matt Moore before the season is out, but it doesn't matter because this year is a wash anyways. No real reason to engage.

If anything, this validates the analysts who claimed that Tannehill did more with less than nearly any other QB in the NFL last year. He really came along a lot further than most non-Dolphans realize last season, and I'm looking forward to seeing him in 2018.

lol @ bottom of screen

bmslx9ydxkwbqahuv4iu.jpg

dolphins-jay-cutler-adam-gase-wildcat-play.png

^ what am i missing?

You even added your signature passive-aggressive smiley at the end. Very impressive.
there's nothing passive aggressive about it - it's just the medium. but i certainly seem to have touched a nerve.

Of course they did. That is the sad reality of our PC world.
now who's characterizing things a certain way because they don't fit a narrative?

On a side note, alasdairm... Defending a racist bitch over a black man with two young daughters is not a good look. :)
oh my. how passive aggressive!

i was just calling it how i saw it. i thought you pc-haters loved that? i don't think it's a question of one or the other and two wrongs rarely, if ever, make a right.

alasdair

Status
Not open for further replies.