• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2017/2018 NFL thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a great game! Hate the injuries but that was a big big win.

Never said he was ?0% to blame? man. No qb or player is perfect. I said he wasn?t the problem.
i think he's part of the problem. if you disagree, i am happy to agree to disagree.

As you know, ints are attributed to the qb but lots of times they aren?t caused by the qb.
i agree - two of the ints he threw in that game were more on the wr than him.

alasdair

chargers at new england this week, dwe. i won't front - i'm a little nervous.

alasdair

the td pass to hollins was really something.

alasdair

Yeah it was. A great throw by Wentz. Jason Peter's and Jordan Hicks are done for the year. Big losses I'm not sure we will recover from

as yus should it will be a great game... and i can see us winning..

sure

1_4647809.png
vs.
i

for a week.

alasdair

the first year i keep my yap shut about how rams are going to make playoffs pre/early season (due to lack of confidence) and it's looking like this is the year, the same year I was thinking they would be lucky to go 5-11

i like that some of the best teams in the NFC remain on their schedule (vikings, saints, eagles, seahawks)

the only position they can afford any injuries is WR

i was wrong about goff and mcvay and happy to admit it
wentz gets all the press, but goff is the better quarterback, wentz looks better due to experience

you can't say rams are only 5-2 cause of schedule, mostly because it's the NFL, cleveland can beat KC, niners can beat falcons etc
sure rams only beat niners by 2, but still they lead the league in point differential at +73 i believe

arizona is not that bad of a team, they are capable of winning 9 games, but like they do every year rams fucked up carson palmer, so maybe not...that 33-0 win in shitty london was dope as it looks. they shut down AP from the start and coverted a sick amount of 3rd downs(a new concept in the ram's world....finding guys open 8 yards deep, in the middle of the field on 3rd and 5...robert woods(he's so much better than his career stats show...i hate to make such bold statements but if he wasn't wearing a number on his jersey i would mistaken him for isaac bruce...mostly based on just his general stature) and cooper kupp(the next jordy nelson) might not start on anybody's fantasy teams but these two dudes get open on 3rd down...sammy watkins hasn't done much and don;t expect him to, but just having him out there forces opposition to use their best CB to cover him....i love that tavon austin is practically their back up RB, cause he's not a good WR and is a pretty decent RB

i hate to admit it but fisher was the problem, but to be fair fisher built 85% of this team. mcvay filled in the holes like a veteran between hiring wade phillips as his DC and signing 37 year old LT andrew whitworth(is having a probowl season) and C john sullivan on top a pair of former Bills WRs and two pass catchers who didn't even play in FBS (cooper kupp eastern washington and 2nd round TE gerald everret outta south alabama.... that OL was a huge reason they sucked to bad on offense during fisher years

rams best wins are a 27-17 win maybe best defense(at least best secondary) in NFL jacksonville and 42-39 @dallas. they are 4-0 away from LA. they lost 16-10 to seahawks despite turning the ball over 5 times, one including a fumble that was ruled a TD and later overturned as a fumble in the EZ for a touchback...i don't bitch about officiating but they got screwed big time. gurley's foot was out of bounds before he started to lose possession of the ball. their kicker also missed his only FG of the year that game and it was kind of a chip shot(they ended the game by turning it over on downs on like the 15)

i can go on all day but i'm curios to see how BL NFL thinks of LAR this year. i think they're currently the most complete team in the NFC. i don't think they can beat GB with rodgers, but i think they're better than philly and about equal to the saints and falcons. i think vikings will fade away like they did last year and carolina needs a healthy luke kuechley to be mentioned in same breath as LA

oh yeah and todd gurley for mvp (627 yards rushing(4 games over 100 yards, all Ws), 4.3 per carry, 5 TD and 293 yards rec with 3 TD)...now that he's developed a receiving game he's a future hall of famer....his size and athleticism are only rivaled by a healthy david johnson and zeke and his openness when speaking to media like telling michael irvin that rams are going to whip up on his cowboys next week after week 3's thursday night win over SF and recently he gave some great quotes over how retarded he thought it was having to play a division rival in london

final predictions

1. Eagles 12-4
2. Rams 11-5
3. Falcons 10-6
4. Lions 10-6
5. Vikings 10-6
6. Redskins 9-7
------
Saints 9-7
Panthers 9-7
Cowboys 8-8
Seahawks 8-8

1. Patriots 13-3
2. Steelers 12-4
3. Chiefs 11-5
4. Jaguars 11-5 (remaining SOS is weakkkkk)
5. Bills 10-6
6. Titans 10-6
----
Broncos 9-7
Ravens 8-8
Texans 8-8
Raiders 8-8
Dolphins 8-8

Bottom 5:
Browns 2-14
Niners 3-13
Giants 4-12
Colts 5-11
Jets 5-11

As far as the Panthers, Kuechly is all but confirmed for this Sunday. Olsen could be eligible to practice as early as next week. There is no breakout team so far in the NFC South. So we still have a chance.

I really like the Rams. I think your prediction of 11-5 is pretty spot on but like you said this year has been so weird. You have two guaranteed wins @Giants and vs. 49ers. You’ll beat Arizona and Tennessee too. Vikings? Meh. Texans and Saints will be on the road. The Eagles will be coming off a prime time game in Seattle when you play them so who knows?

You are way more knowledgeable about football than I am. Which four games do you see the Panthers losing?

Last edited:
You are way more knowledgeable about football than I am. Which four games do you see the Panthers losing?
i really don't know much about NFL, its all by proxy from being a ram's fan

@NYG is not a sure thing win

rams have never beat eli and their DC used to coach against McVay when he was with Washington

i think rams win but i'm scared

Yeah it was. A great throw by Wentz. Jason Peter's and Jordan Hicks are done for the year. Big losses I'm not sure we will recover from

Shimazu the subotai will be watching out for them from beyond.

Peters is a big loss but I've resented him ever since the bills didn't resign him

Shimazu the subotai will be watching out for them from beyond.

Peters is a big loss but I've resented him ever since the bills didn't resign him

I'm counting on shimazu to pull us through to the super bowl this year. I miss that dude

the first year i keep my yap shut about how rams are going to make playoffs pre/early season (due to lack of confidence) and it's looking like this is the year, the same year I was thinking they would be lucky to go 5-11

i like that some of the best teams in the NFC remain on their schedule (vikings, saints, eagles, seahawks)

the only position they can afford any injuries is WR

i was wrong about goff and mcvay and happy to admit it
wentz gets all the press, but goff is the better quarterback, wentz looks better due to experience

you can't say rams are only 5-2 cause of schedule, mostly because it's the NFL, cleveland can beat KC, niners can beat falcons etc
sure rams only beat niners by 2, but still they lead the league in point differential at +73 i believe

arizona is not that bad of a team, they are capable of winning 9 games, but like they do every year rams fucked up carson palmer, so maybe not...that 33-0 win in shitty london was dope as it looks. they shut down AP from the start and coverted a sick amount of 3rd downs(a new concept in the ram's world....finding guys open 8 yards deep, in the middle of the field on 3rd and 5...robert woods(he's so much better than his career stats show...i hate to make such bold statements but if he wasn't wearing a number on his jersey i would mistaken him for isaac bruce...mostly based on just his general stature) and cooper kupp(the next jordy nelson) might not start on anybody's fantasy teams but these two dudes get open on 3rd down...sammy watkins hasn't done much and don;t expect him to, but just having him out there forces opposition to use their best CB to cover him....i love that tavon austin is practically their back up RB, cause he's not a good WR and is a pretty decent RB

i hate to admit it but fisher was the problem, but to be fair fisher built 85% of this team. mcvay filled in the holes like a veteran between hiring wade phillips as his DC and signing 37 year old LT andrew whitworth(is having a probowl season) and C john sullivan on top a pair of former Bills WRs and two pass catchers who didn't even play in FBS (cooper kupp eastern washington and 2nd round TE gerald everret outta south alabama.... that OL was a huge reason they sucked to bad on offense during fisher years

rams best wins are a 27-17 win maybe best defense(at least best secondary) in NFL jacksonville and 42-39 @dallas. they are 4-0 away from LA. they lost 16-10 to seahawks despite turning the ball over 5 times, one including a fumble that was ruled a TD and later overturned as a fumble in the EZ for a touchback...i don't bitch about officiating but they got screwed big time. gurley's foot was out of bounds before he started to lose possession of the ball. their kicker also missed his only FG of the year that game and it was kind of a chip shot(they ended the game by turning it over on downs on like the 15)

i can go on all day but i'm curios to see how BL NFL thinks of LAR this year. i think they're currently the most complete team in the NFC. i don't think they can beat GB with rodgers, but i think they're better than philly and about equal to the saints and falcons. i think vikings will fade away like they did last year and carolina needs a healthy luke kuechley to be mentioned in same breath as LA

oh yeah and todd gurley for mvp (627 yards rushing(4 games over 100 yards, all Ws), 4.3 per carry, 5 TD and 293 yards rec with 3 TD)...now that he's developed a receiving game he's a future hall of famer....his size and athleticism are only rivaled by a healthy david johnson and zeke and his openness when speaking to media like telling michael irvin that rams are going to whip up on his cowboys next week after week 3's thursday night win over SF and recently he gave some great quotes over how retarded he thought it was having to play a division rival in london

final predictions

1. Eagles 12-4
2. Rams 11-5
3. Falcons 10-6
4. Lions 10-6
5. Vikings 10-6
6. Redskins 9-7
------
Saints 9-7
Panthers 9-7
Cowboys 8-8
Seahawks 8-8

1. Patriots 13-3
2. Steelers 12-4
3. Chiefs 11-5
4. Jaguars 11-5 (remaining SOS is weakkkkk)
5. Bills 10-6
6. Titans 10-6
----
Broncos 9-7
Ravens 8-8
Texans 8-8
Raiders 8-8
Dolphins 8-8

Bottom 5:
Browns 2-14
Niners 3-13
Giants 4-12
Colts 5-11
Jets 5-11

wheres the chargers?

i feel like the rams are doing great, and it kinds makes me worried. with thhe whole fight for LA thing going on, but charges could be sitting at 6-1 if it wasnt for our dumb younghoe rookie kicker, once we got rid of him we started winning. going 4 in a row Vs the pats this week. then our bye/ and we are OFF!

wheres the chargers?

i feel like the rams are doing great, and it kinds makes me worried. with thhe whole fight for LA thing going on, but charges could be sitting at 6-1 if it wasnt for our dumb younghoe rookie kicker, once we got rid of him we started winning. going 4 in a row Vs the pats this week. then our bye/ and we are OFF!
i always root for the chargers but they just have a knack for finding ways to lose games

LA will never be a top 10 NFL city

That was one of the worst punt returns Ive ever seen. Ali is laughing right now for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.