• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2015/2016 NFL Thread v. yfw da jest win da superb owl

feeling hype about the game tomorrow. I like the fact that everyone is writing denver off like they have no chance. teams that play with a chip on their shoulder find ways to win and denver always plays better as an underdog. less pressure i think. some of the articles i've been reading this week are fucking ridiculous. comical even. think the legacy seems to be carrying a lot of optimism.

I don't think NE is that better of a team (if they are at all). its not exactly peyton vs brady. i think it will be close at least.

The rest of the league isn't rooting for denver to win, so much as they are rooting for NE to lose lol. united in hate. <3

what's your take ali? feeling confident?

hoping arizona shows up tomorrow. love to see them in the SB but carolina is looking pretty strong.

bummed that there are only 3 games left. so fucking sad. my team is still playing tho so it could be worse...

i don't think everybody is writing off denver like they have no chance. the spread is only 3.5.

it's the playoffs and i think the pats shine in big games. hoping for a great game and a pats win.

alasdair

I hear ya. Pats don't mess around in the playoffs.

Just hoping for a competitive game. I think it's gonna be a good one.

The worst half of football by the Patriots this year and it's only a one possession game

I'm feeling ok if I'm a patriots fan

patriots look awful. hard to get excited about result of this game right now.

alasdair

What a terrible offensive line

Missed PAT and then the patriots not kicking a field goal on those two drives

So many missed opportunities

Congrats Denver. Peyton and team should be feeling real good. But I also think this was NE on an off day. That missed extra point had many a jaw hanging down. But that is football for you. The back and forth momentum can get tiring.

So Broncos /Panthers Superbowl? Hard to tell at this point but the Panthers look like they have a handle on this game now.

Damn superstitions kick in, like I shouldn't watch a play or I will screw it up. lol. Hey, I can't be the only one. I remember an episode of Coach with Craig T Nelson dealing with superstitions. Or as Robert De Niro in The Silver Linings Playbooks would say, JuJu! Gotta have JuJu.

Good game Ali. You guys didn't play your best game but it's never easy beating the pats. You guys had me stressed in those final minutes. Cheers man.

Nice win for bronco country. On our way to the superbowl! Feeling good right now.

i thought it was a pretty bad game to watch for three quarters.

pats went 3-15 on third down and threw two picks. 44 total yards on the ground. not going to win like that...

oh well.

watching the other game about an hour behind right now. carolina look unstoppable.

alasdair

I haven't seen a defense beat the shit out of the Patriots like that in years. Easily one of my favorite games in a long time. =D

Denver's going to smother the Panthers in the SB. That Broncos defense is probably the best I've seen in quite awhile, even better than the Seahawks of 3 years ago.

I haven't seen a defense beat the shit out of the Patriots like that in years.
yep. rex ryan should take a look. he talks a lot about defense. denver don't brag - they just get the job done.

well, the pats season is over and rightfully so. but another afc east title. 13 of the last 15 years and 7 in a row. pretty impressive.

alasdair

well, the other game was a lot more exciting than the pats game. 7 turnovers for the cardinals. just crazy.

i just read an interesting stat: "He [gostkowski] hadn't missed an extra point since Dec. 31, 2006. He had hit 523 extra points in a row, including playoffs and including all 52 attempts this season after the NFL moved the extra point back to make it tougher."

9 years!

alasdair

Well, I'm glad i couldn't make it to the bookies due to inclement weather

Denvers pass rush was unbelievable yesterday. They hit Brady over 20 times. But the craziest part was how many times it was with just a 4 man rush! If they are able to do that against Carolina Cam will be in for a long day. I am waiting to see the injury reports before I make a prediction but right now I am leaning towards Denver.

No reason to think the Broncos can't have as much success against the Panthers' offense as they did against the Patriots'. I hate Tom Brady and the Patriots more than anyone but even I can't deny that they've been pretty much unstoppable for years. Aside from a few extremely rare games that things didn't go right for them(and that happens to every team once in awhile) it hasn't really mattered who they've played or how good that defense was, the Patriots always found ways to score points. Even against the top tier defenses in the league in any given season.

Credit to Wade Phillips and the Denver defensive personnel because they completely dismantled the Pats' offense in a way that nobody, or almost nobody, has been able to do in a long time. I don't care how hot Carolina is playing right now, their offense isn't in the same stratosphere as the Pats as far as consistency and somehow ALWAYS coming up with those important clutch plays to hang in a game. Even in a game where the Broncos dominated pretty much the entire game Brady found a way to come back within 2 points in the final seconds with a chance to tie it. Usually when a defense is beating the shit out of you that early in the game it just gets worse from there unless you have like one of 3 QBS in the league, and Cam Newton isn't one of those 3 QBs. If Denver starts getting to him early he's not going to be able to bounce back.

Add the fact that Denver's special teams played lights out in that Pats game and you have a recipe for disaster. Another thing we haven't seen many teams do over the years is consistently win the field position battle against NE. Their returners are slippery little fuckers, their kickers are stellar, and it's almost impossible to keep NE to 3-or-4-and-outs and make them kick from deep in their own territory like Denver did.

If the D and Special Teams plays like they did against NE, Peyton Manning and their offense won't have to do much at all to win the game. Unless Denver has a crazy series of unfortunate events during the game I'd be shocked if they lost.

Just to reiterate that point, I just saw this stat on twitter:

Per official stats, Denver's 20 QB hits was the most for any team in a game since 2006.