• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2015/2016 NFL Thread v. yfw da jest win da superb owl

i really think the Cardinals have a solid chance to make it to the SB and win. they played really fucking well this season. their playing didn't get as much attention as other teams this season, since the Cardinals weren't one of the teams that had an undefeated streak, so they kinda flew under the radar, but yeah.... they've got a really solid team this year, i think they can do it.

^ i do too - i love to watch them play. but carolina just keep winning...

i see a lot of different predictions for the remaining games but the most popular seem to be denver over new england and carolina over arizona.

alasdair

you really think denver is favored ali? i always feel like NE has the upper hand tbh defense and all.

^ that's funny. i didn't check the odds - new england currently favourite at -3.

many pundits are taking denver.

alasdair

Good playoff games overall. Very exciting stuff. Denver better beat the Pats or I might puke. I can't stand another Pats SB, even if they lose it.

Man Carolina ain't no joke. I was stunned by that game. I wouldn't be surprised to see them win it all this year. Seattle and in particular Russell Wilson definitely showed how talented they are in almost mounting a comeback too. Both really exciting young QBs. As much as I dislike Seattle, I was kind of hoping they'd win it all this year so Freddie Jackson could finally get a ring. Dude's played his heart out for like 10 seasons and this was the first year he's even been in a playoff game.

Last edited:
congrats on the win, jammin

was a tough game, surprised to see the Steelers winning it all for 3 1/2 quarters. although this season has been quite a surprise. hate to lose the way we did, but damn, your defense is no joke - probably one of the best D Lines of the decade?

can't believe how tough Big Ben is. if anything - this season has forced so many Steelers players to grow up, forcefully. I thought we were a year away from truly competing for a SB, and it still appears that way

I too was hoping Freddy Jackson could squeak into the SB, maybe he'll have one more chance.

Steelers look to be the team to beat next year. Top 3 players at all skill positions and a pretty nasty D.

Carson Palmer was all over the place with his throws in that game against the Packers. Way too many overthrows and underthrows. I don't think he can play like that against a team like NE and win, especially in a big game. Completing 58% of your passes and throwing 2 picks isn't going to get you the W against a QB and Coach that has a multi-decade pact with the devil.

And since I'm obviously rooting for the team(s) that are most likely to beat NE, I'd much rather see NE vs. Carolina. Cam Newton has been electric, very exciting to watch, and it's always nice seeing a young QB take home a ring. Unless I'm mistaken I don't think he's ever made it past the divisional playoff round in his career until this season.

Call me a starry-eyed dreamer, but I think Pederson will develop into a great head coach for the Eagles.

Carson Palmer was all over the place with his throws in that game against the Packers. Way too many overthrows and underthrows. I don't think he can play like that against a team like NE and win, especially in a big game. Completing 58% of your passes and throwing 2 picks isn't going to get you the W against a QB and Coach that has a multi-decade pact with the devil.

And since I'm obviously rooting for the team(s) that are most likely to beat NE, I'd much rather see NE vs. Carolina. Cam Newton has been electric, very exciting to watch, and it's always nice seeing a young QB take home a ring. Unless I'm mistaken I don't think he's ever made it past the divisional playoff round in his career until this season.

Carson is very shaky to say the least, and they're gonna have a very tough time øn the road against a very confident carolina team. im firing car -3 hard

What's with the title the Jets still suck? 10-6 not to bad! What's with the Jets hate r the mods Pats Fans? Please tell me their not Fish fans!!

true but im interested to see how miami is with a new head coach. They had shit coaching this whole season. Gase was one of the more sought after coaches in the hirings and firings going on. He was the offensive coordinator that year denver went to the superbowl and peyton broke all those records. he did a lot with cutler in chicago too so I think miami is going to be a much better team next year.

i don't think arizona looked that strong in their last game tbh. They had some moments but theyre going to have to seriously step up if they want to beat carolina. I think carolina might just take them to school. They made beating seattle look easy. I think they have a lot of momentum going for them, Ill be surprised if they lose.

I didn't see much of the denver game last week, but i kind of feel like denver has a better chance with brock. Brock played very well last time against the patriots and we need to stretch the field and use our speed. Brady is peytons kryptonite far too often for comfort. The rivalry is cool and all but peytons numbers weren't exactly great last game. he didn't turn the ball over but i think hes just plain old at this point. He can still compete but if denver wants to beat the patriots kubiak is going to have to not hesitate to pull him off the bench. Im not feeling confident about the game based on the game last week. it wasn't pretty but keep finding a way to win so maybe we can pull this out. I think people might be hyping the pats a bit much though. They weren't great towards the end of the season and they beat the chiefs who didn't have any receivers. they're healthy now and i think they can win but it should still be a pretty tight game. the rivalry, the teams hate each other, and its for the conference championship. good tv either way.

I bet brady gets sacked 4 times.

good game axl, your offense is a force of nature. would have been a different game with brown in no doubt.

i am reading that tickets for the afc game went on sale. this is interesting: "Tickets went on sale Monday, and were only available to buyers with a billing address in the Rocky Mountain region, including Colorado, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, South Dakota, Utah, western Kansas and Wyoming."

i'm surprised that the nfl allows this? is it common?

alasdair

is denver really scared that enough pats fans will show up to make a difference? that's crazy.

alasdair

They've been doing it for a long time but particularly after a Steelers playoff game about 10 years ago iirc. Didny like the terrible towels lol.

Trying to keep that home field advantage an advantage. Doesn't do that much good though bc there are so many transplants in co esp when you face off against a team like re pats that are so popular.