• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2015/2016 NFL Thread v. yfw da jest win da superb owl

maybe you take a good, hard, look into yourself and ask why you would pick up EJ Manuel in the 1st place?

Bills starting offense, defense, and special teams completely dominated tonight when they were in. All you guys' teams are fucked this season. Carolina's first-team offense got 3 yards rushing the entire first half even after we put our backups in.

I guess we can bet this year, GM. Week 4 Giants at Bills. Kinda tough opening for the Bills but 3/4 at home and Pats may be Bradyless.

I'll take that bet. The Bills just better be as good this year as I think they'll be. Because with the sack bet I made with the Rams fan, my annual bet with ali, and now my bet with you, I'll literally be wearing other teams' logos as avatars for at least 6 months if I lose.

I'm sure avatar bets are inconsequential silly things to most people here, but having to rep another team even as the result of a lost bet pisses me off. I have the charging Buffalo tattooed on my fucking back for a reason. But heading into the Giants game at 3-0 will have me prepared to accept a potential loss.

Loser has to sport the opposing team's logo for a month? Anything shorter than that seems pointless and anything longer than that seems like torture.

i am SO GOD DAMN EXCITED that it is football season. probably the most excited i've been for any football season in my whole life. realllllllllllllllllllllllllly have strong hopes for the Lions this year. hopefully me expressing it out loud doesn't jynx it. knock on wood and shit.

you're a fan and a man, gm. not a liar and a welsher like that sad sack, wyld.

alasdair

Please my nig. I'd tattoo Brady's fucking jersey number on my forehead if that was our bet and I lost.

Some of us watch sports for casual fun and some of us live and breathe that shit. Combine that with whatever code of personal honor a man ascribes to and I'd literally rather my team sucked for another 15 years than for me to be considered a welsh. Even to people I barely know and/or have never met in real life.

When you bet on sports as a fan, for big money or something a lot more casual, you're representing your fanbase. Your family. If you don't feel that way then you shouldn't be betting with real fans in the first place. Go put some money on the line with a bookie that doesn't care what team you root for.

I'm not a gambler. The most I've ever gambled is $50 last offseason for the Bills to win the division. 15-to-1 odds weren't bad with that defense imo. They went 9-7 but didn't make it. And I swear that I'd feel like a lot more of a loser if I bet someone here something, like an avatar bet, and lost and didn't follow through. Maybe I'm a fucked up product of the internet generation and place far too much importance on relationships with people I don't even know in real life. But man, to bet on anything and NOT follow through? Nah. That shit ain't for me.

^Expect more of those alcohol-fueled militant football posts when the Bills are doing well. Also expect homicidal rage alcohol-fueled posts when they're not doing well.

It's football season boys! =D

Well, that was fast - it only took four plays for Roger Saffold to get injured. RAMS FOOTBALL!

^Expect more of those alcohol-fueled militant football posts when the Bills are doing well. Also expect homicidal rage alcohol-fueled posts when they're not doing well.

The Bills QB situation is even worse than I thought. I just saw where Tyrod Taylor is going to start at QB over Cassil and Emmanuel. I don't care how good your defence is if you average 10 points a game it's going to be a long ass season.

Tyrod is getting the start in preseason game 2 because it's a 3-QB rotation and they're still trying to decide who will be the guy. So EJ will start the 3rd game, etc.

Not really sure why Tyrod Taylor seems like such a dire choice to you. While the other 2 QBs have some game history you can judge them on, Tyrod only threw like 30 passes his entire 5 years sitting behind Joe Flacco. He hasn't really had a chance to show what he has. And if last night's game is any indication, the kid has some wheels. He rushed for like 50 yards over the course of just 3 series and led the Bills on 2 touchdown drives while going something like 5-of-7. Cassel went 7-of-8. And EJ went 4-for-8 with 3 horrible WR drops, and he had a gorgeous 50 yard bomb for a TD. I thought all three QBs looked pretty good.

Damn tough break for Chicago. Their 7th overall pick in the draft, WR Kevin White, has to have surgery on his shin and might be out his entire rookie season.

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Eagles 2nd-3rd team balled out yesterday. Was fun to watch.