• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The 2015/2016 NFL Thread v. yfw da jest win da superb owl

^ agree.

mike, no way the saints finish bottom of the south. they have a decent defense and they'll have a more balanced ground/air attack this year.

alasdair

You think? They were pretty underwhelming last year.

^^ Two years ago they had a top 5 total defense. Shit blends together, though. I had to look it up to be sure.

like i said, atlanta has some great weapons on offense.

but i think you'd be crazy to discount: brees; colston; cooks; toon; ingram; spiller; even watson & hill.

alasdair

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh first Lions game of the year tonight (vs. the Jets). so fucking sexcited.

we're only two minutes into the game, but lions are looking real strong so far.

note to self: draft abdullah in fantasy football this year.

alasdair

Detroit Lions: Pre-Season Champs 20 years in a row

August is our time boys. We're the best summer football team of all time

like i said, atlanta has some great weapons on offense.

but i think you'd be crazy to discount: brees; colston; cooks; toon; ingram; spiller; even watson & hill.

alasdair

colston was the 7th worst WR in the league last year on profootballfocus and a big reason falcons swept them by fumbling in OT and a few key drops. cooks was really mediocre last year and wasn't anywhere near as explosive as the preseason talk. lol Nicktoons. watson was ranked 49/70 TEs last year and is 34 years old and hill was 34/70.

i wont discount brees, ingram, and spiller though. and i guess i dont discount cooks because im sure he'll improve but he's no stud or anything.

and like ive said before it shouldnt be hard to see any team win the division so im not counting them out.

er, watson and hill were behind jimmy graham on the depth chart so of course they're going to finish in 49th or 34th place. how did jimmy graham do? somebody is going to step into his shoes. they may not succeed to the extent that he did but whoever gets the job will move up a few places, don't you think?

when you can win the division with a losing record, anybody can win it.

alasdair

it takes that into consideration, although i guess you could have more snaps to prove you're better or worse. but benjamin watson actually was close to the same snaps as graham last year which is kinda surprising. and the funny thing is that they pretty much only use him as a blocker and he graded as one of the worst blocking TEs in the league. hill still played at least 25% of the snaps.

i think the stats from graham missing are gonna go more towards the run game and brandin cooks than their current TEs. cooks will be good for fantasy this year, but not sure how much it will help the team vs having graham. like with colston getting plenty of targets last year, he was still one of the worst WRs in the league.

this profootballfocus is really fun to check out. if anyone wants to know where/how someone was rated or best at a position or something let me know.

biggest surprise: khalil mack #1 4-3 OLB last year mostly because he dominated big time compared to anyone else in run defense. him and von miller were head to head with no other player in sight.

for axl blaze: Ben Roethlisberger spiked the ball more than any QB last year (9 times).

^ interesting. although no conclusions could be made - QBs of course spike the ball for a plethora of reasons

note to self: draft abdullah in fantasy football this year.

alasdair

that kid is a beast. I've had the pleasure to watch him during his whole college career, because Nebraska plays my hometown team, Ohio State, and he has video game speed

if he doesn't break out this year, then most certainly next

lol yeah i just felt like posting a meaningless stat

some more meaningful ones they got:

#1 for
Passes Thrown Away: Russell Wilson (makes sense. he likes to play it safe with that defense)
Hit as Threw: Tom Brady and Joe Flacco
Batted Passes: Ryan Tannehill
Dropped Passes: Andrew Luck

Last edited:
none, if you go by the due process of law

11880395_10153287875716263_7295723526202537978_n.jpg

Sounding like EJ might not even make the roster at this point. Hopefully we can trade him for a 5th round pick.