• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

THC Honey, not infused! The bees made it this way!

Are you 100% on that? I've had half a stomach full of phytochemical once. Well, more than once.
Yes. They do not have an endocannabinoid system so they get no psychoactive effects. Lol why would you take that much phytochemicals.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure there's no biochemical pathway for decarboxylation of THCA by bees puking it up.

Secondly, rhododendron honey is poisonous. If you eat enough of it, the toxin that still remains (because the bees can't do anything to change It) will kill you. I say that because it seems you're operating under the FALSE assumption that somehow the bees make rhododendron honey that's safe to eat and that is completely not true.

I feel as if you misinterpreted what I was saying. It appears to me that small amounts are no more unsafe or neurotoxic than alcohol but I could be wrong, that was not the point I was making.

Just because there aren't endocannabinoid receptors doesn't mean there wouldn't be any binding to other proteins. Usually binding isn't that specific, there's lots of off target activity for many compounds
I never said there wouldn’t be, all I said was they have no endocannabinoid system and hence would not get high. It likely does have a plethora of non-psychoactive effects on the bees.

Well as with mad honey, when bees collect nectar it somehow alters the properties. Rhododendron flowers on there own are not fun. When bees make honey, they essentially digest and regurgitate the nectar as honey. This is just a guess as to how it may work but if not then I would assume the beekeeper decarbs it himself after the bees are done. There also could be the possibility that they collect parts of the nectar that have higher concentrations of delta 9 than usual. Maybe the weed is specifically breaded for that purpose, I dont know.
There isn't any Delta 9 in raw weed.

I feel as if you misinterpreted what I was saying. It appears to me that small amounts are no more unsafe or neurotoxic than alcohol but I could be wrong, that was not the point I was making.
But rhododendron honey is toxic just like rhododendron flowers and rhododendron pollen. The bees don't magically make it less toxic.

Just like bees don't magically convert THCa to THC.

But rhododendron honey is toxic just like rhododendron flowers and rhododendron pollen. The bees don't magically make it less toxic.

Just like bees don't magically convert THCa to THC.
Dude I really think your misinterpretation what Im saying again. At this point your being condescending. I made it clear the thca conversion thing was a total shot in the dark answer to a question you asked me, which I also provided a more likely explanation, I heard you the first few times where you say ‘Im wrong’. And for the last time I never said it makes it non-toxic, your literally arguing against points I didnt make, give it a rest.

Last edited:
Not sure, ask whoever wrote the article. My guess would be excretion.
Would you be willing to post a link to the article so that it can be independently evaluated? Right now I don't see a reference or link only your quote.

Yes there is, look it up. Pretty minute but it is there. Fact check before you attempt to correct someone. :)
Why don't you find me a citation that actually says it does since every citation that I can find says there is no Delta 9 in raw fresh bud or flower.

Would you be willing to post a link to the article so that it can be independently evaluated? Right now I don't see a reference or link only your quote.
Yes. Do you want the one that proves they dont have an endocannbinoid system, one that proves weed has d9 or both

Why don't you find me a citation that actually says it does since every citation that I can find says there is no Delta 9 in raw fresh bud or flower.
Look at the test results on this preroll and tell me what it says. https://curaleaf.com/shop/maryland/...rederick-au/products/64cd12bbefc6c60001978a6a

0.34% thc and 35.6% thca. Most of the weed I buy from the dispo is 1-3% d9 and it clearly says so on the package. As I said, small amounts, but it is there. If you dont trust the website of a licensed medical dispensary I can dig through pubmed.

Yes. Do you want the one that proves they dont have an endocannbinoid system, one that proves weed has d9 or both
It is customary that sources are provided for claims being made especially when we quote the source, so all of the above would be nice

Look at the test results on this preroll and tell me what it says. https://curaleaf.com/shop/maryland/...rederick-au/products/64cd12bbefc6c60001978a6a

0.34% thc and 35.6% thca. Most of the weed I buy from the dispo is 1-3% d9 and it clearly says so on the package. As I said, small amounts, but it is there. If you dont trust the website of a licensed medical dispensary I can dig through pubmed.
Flower purchased from dispensaries has been cured, it is no longer raw or live flower

It's not raw flower, that is weed that has been processed and dried.

I'm surprised that you're actually trying to say it's raw flower.

And yes you do get some decarboxylation from the drying process but there isn't any in the raw flower.

And yes you do get some decarboxylation from the drying process but there isn't any in the raw flower.
Flower purchased from dispensaries has been cured, it is no longer raw or live flower
Ah I did not see where he said “raw”. I see where the misunderstanding is. I wouldn’t know for sure about raw weed but to me it is feasible that during the growing process a small portion of the thca is converted to delta 9. No matter how inconsequential the amount, I do believe it would contain trace amounts. Ill do some research to see. https://cannabistech.com/articles/w...es do not have an,the honey that they produce. this is the link about bees not having endocannabinoid systems

I did not see or more likely overlooked where you said raw, I was under the assumption that you meant there is no d9 in your everyday weed. my bad for the misunderstanding, that was why I sent the dispo results. I do believe its possible that the heat required for the growing process would slowly cook some of the thca into trace amounts of delta 9 but most likely not enough to be significant, Ive been in my fair share of grow rooms and it can get pretty damn hot. Again the whole thing with the trace d9 amounts and the bees was just a thought in answer to a question of yours, in which I came up with two alternative answers, one of which being the most likely (that the bee keeper/grower decarbs it after the fact). Whenever I am asked a question in which I am unsure of the answer I like to give a plethora of different ones in order to have an educated discussion on which would be most suitable. Not sure though, Ill have to do some research to see if my theory on the raw weed is even a possibility. Im not trying to disagree or argue with you here, that was never my intention. Most of what I’m saying is just alternative ideas that I put out for discussion. Ill get back to you if I find anything, they really need to make a better way to search for relevant research papers as I can never find any articles relevant to what I am searching.

Last edited: