• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

THC Honey, not infused! The bees made it this way!

This is very interesting, there is also another study where bees were given THC as feed and they were believe or not more productive and produced more honey than the control group!

I know I wouldnt be able to get through a day of hard work without some bud. Maybe bees can get high too… did they show clear signs of intoxication?
interestingly no, it just improved their endurance i guess which is also something we use when humans use cannabis, it reduces our strength but it increases our endurance

interestingly no, it just improved their endurance i guess which is also something we use when humans use cannabis, it reduces our strength but it increases our endurance
Odd, I suppose bees dont have an endo cannabinoid system. Could you link the article, i’m intrigued.

« The bees made it this way! »

Sounds like an excellent defense if it suits a person's purpose.

Alternately, i'd still beg to consider that those noble trichome glands happen to come with dame Nature's *FREE* intrinsic « Dose Control » premice of a "preventive" system: e.g. genetically-encoded micro-packaging!!

After all these shining spheres all look pretty much the same under the naked eye and even a microscope: which translates into a uniform product characterized by predictible variations of size, maturity, etc. So, if we look close enough then what we got is a most affordable quantization unit, ready to freeze-dessicate before convenient harvest while i feel most confident the production of equivalent 50 ~ 100 micron (dia.) honey droplets would involve significant mercantile agravation... In other words the seemingly short-path to social progress may actually deny long-term advances in Consumption Method & Associated Ritual, for example by design of intuitive "tools" providing an alternate health-wise perspective on systemic abuse, without ever pushing it, just being more respectful of a trichome gland's "H.-R." (Haters Remediation) potential!

This doesn't mean i'd oppose additions like THC-loaded honey among SQdC's pityful offer, our state MONOPOLY would need it quite urgently, on the contrary. Being against prohibition i favour choice over exclusion, but i also want the reader to include long-term aspects. What if that fresh-new indu$try goes short of bees in a decade or 2?

If bees don't have an endocannabinoid system, why would THC have an effect?

Alright alright, I admittedly didn't read anything other than the thread title and this post.

No sir, bees don't get high. Not from cannabinoids, anyways....

They're still able to process the chemicals (albeit inadvertently.)

It's actually a pleasant coincidence that they CAN'T metabolize our favorite psychoactives, because if they could then there wouldn't be anything left for us in this super chill honey.

Side-note: Mad honey

Anybody here have any experiences with this?

Do you have it as on-line TV?

Fuck meeeeeee i might be reaching but I can't tell if you're asking me or not.

I first learned about it through on-line TV but no sir, never made a purchase. I honestly don't think the legitimate stuff is legal to import to the US but I really haven't done much research. Just seen a few podcasts that tickled my fancy.

no, but now I have another reason to visit Turkey other than visiting the 20 or so Greek amphitheaters still standing - and Ephesus, the ancient echo chamber. And if in Turkey, I’s sure as hell like to visit

Naqsh-e Rostam in Iran.​

google it, I won’t spoil the surprise. I willcall it the Persian Mount Rushmore, except it was built ~2500 years ago (and Mt. Rushmore was freaking amazing).​

Tom 3rd time trying to edit away the bold on the whole sentence. I give up and gonna take a Twitter dive.

no, but now I have another reason to visit Turkey other than visiting the 20 or so Greek amphitheaters still standing - and Ephesus, the ancient echo chamber. And if in Turkey, I’s sure as hell like to visit

Naqsh-e Rostam in Iran.​

google it, I won’t spoil the surprise. I willcall it the Persian Mount Rushmore, except it was built ~2500 years ago (and Mt. Rushmore was freaking amazing).​

Tom 3rd time trying to edit away the bold on the whole sentence. I give up and gonna take a Twitter dive.

TD!

Just get rid of the tags!

Don't ever use the hotkeys, man, type that shit in manually! You use the hotkeys and you're gonna be really fucked up one night and have the worst time trying to figure out which button you need to hit to make things look right again.

Diving down the rabbithole, I wanna learn about this whole Iranian thing you're talm 'bout

Side-note to THAT: This might be racist and ignorant because I'm pretty sure this place isn't Iranian, but thinking about Iran reminds me of a restaurant on my daily route: CAVA Cafe.

I'm such a picky eater that I'm sort of scared to death to eat there, but that place has the most magnificent smell when I walk in the front doors every morning. 10/10, would recommend and absolutely DO recommend to any and everybody I speak with that reminds me of the place. I honestly don't know if it's a franchisee situation or a standalone spot, but on the offchance that y'all might have one near you:

Last edited:
It was previously thought that bees could not make honey from the marijuana plant, but recently that was proven untrue by an unnamed beekeeper! Heres the link to the article if anyones interested. https://dutch-passion.com/en/blog/the-bees-that-make-cannabis-honey-n766#:~:text=Once the bees have been,therefore into the honey itself.

Thoughts?
Well it wouldn't be THC honey because I can't see how the THCA would be decarboxylated by bees eating it in regurgitating it. And there's not enough heat or enough light inside the beehive to do it either.

But yes it would be cannabis honey.

This is very interesting, there is also another study where bees were given THC as feed and they were believe or not more productive and produced more honey than the control group!
Yes, but these bees would not be getting THC from the pollen, because THC does not exist in the flowers or the pollen of the marijuana plant only THCA does.

I don't know how the bees would go around decarboxylating the THCA to THC.

Alright alright, I admittedly didn't read anything other than the thread title and this post.

No sir, bees don't get high. Not from cannabinoids, anyways....

They're still able to process the chemicals (albeit inadvertently.)

It's actually a pleasant coincidence that they CAN'T metabolize our favorite psychoactives, because if they could then there wouldn't be anything left for us in this super chill honey.

I saw a guy on Rogan interviewed about this and he said that the high is absolute ass. He said all it did was making feel weirded out and thirsty.

« The bees made it this way! »

Sounds like an excellent defense if it suits a person's purpose.

Alternately, i'd still beg to consider that those noble trichome glands happen to come with dame Nature's *FREE* intrinsic « Dose Control » premice of a "preventive" system: e.g. genetically-encoded micro-packaging!!

After all these shining spheres all look pretty much the same under the naked eye and even a microscope: which translates into a uniform product characterized by predictible variations of size, maturity, etc. So, if we look close enough then what we got is a most affordable quantization unit, ready to freeze-dessicate before convenient harvest while i feel most confident the production of equivalent 50 ~ 100 micron (dia.) honey droplets would involve significant mercantile agravation... In other words the seemingly short-path to social progress may actually deny long-term advances in Consumption Method & Associated Ritual, for example by design of intuitive "tools" providing an alternate health-wise perspective on systemic abuse, without ever pushing it, just being more respectful of a trichome gland's "H.-R." (Haters Remediation) potential!

This doesn't mean i'd oppose additions like THC-loaded honey among SQdC's pityful offer, our state MONOPOLY would need it quite urgently, on the contrary. Being against prohibition i favour choice over exclusion, but i also want the reader to include long-term aspects. What if that fresh-new indu$try goes short of bees in a decade or 2?

But there's no THC in there.

It's just like you can't eat weed and get high unless it's been decarboxylated by heating the buds at a particular temperature until the THCA converts to THC.

But you literally cannot snap a bud off of growing plant no matter how gooey it looks, eat it and get high. It doesn't work that way.

@Jibult I checked out that menu immediately. I’d call it hybrid Lebanese/Israeli. I’d go for a falafel pita with chicken & lamb and pita chips with harissa dip. Whole menu makes me wish it was close enough for me to walk there. Go there yesterday Sir!

Thanks on the tag info. Noted. And maybe have some extra hummus on the pita wrap to make it as messy as possible. Thos are seriously good.

But there's no THC in there.

It's just like you can't eat weed and get high unless it's been decarboxylated by heating the buds at a particular temperature until the THCA converts to THC.

But you literally cannot snap a bud off of growing plant no matter how gooey it looks, eat it and get high. It doesn't work that way.
True, but you can get other health benefits from eating raw weed, though not everyone likes the taste.

Tom

its true some people blend and juice cannabis for health conditions and it helps them without any decarb process, they dont get high either

@Jibult If you find that you like the food from that place, you should definitely seek out Palestinian Magluba (honest, it's a national dish, I'm familiar with the Palestinian version from students where I worked.
It's a layered rice dish with nuts (cashews, almonds and maybe pistachios on the bottom, followed layer tomato and onion slices, followed by either shredded beef, chicken or lamb followed by eggplant I think, then topped off with a buttload of rice, spices all through. This is done in a French oven (cast iron kinda pot) that's covered, everything and the rice cooks inside the pot).

When done, the top is removed and a big serving plate is place on top. Somehow you flip it over w/o burning yourself or killing everything - and after a whole you remove the pot leaving an upside down, layered rice dish, like so

SbmKqVkl.jpg

Tom

actually, Middle East/Iranian/Indian/Pakistani food is just godly, period. Ya had butter chicken?