• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

THC Honey, not infused! The bees made it this way!

IIIIIII haven't had ANYTHING from that region.

Growing up I learned to be a complete asshole about food. But it's not about presentation, or smell, or even flavor for me (those things can have an impact on my perception, but they're honestly not top-priority).... but there are certain textures that I just don't enjoy in my mouth. Typically soft/chewy foods with an underlying crunch, like onions. Textures can be a straight up dealbreaker for me when it comes to sitting down for a meal.

I've been making an effort to branch out and try new stuff the past few years, though. One of these days I swear to God, I'm gonna pull up to CAVA and tell Gabby to just hook up whatever dish SHE'D want to eat at the moment.

Don't think I'll go wrong with that method but fuuuuuuuuuuck I'm kind of scared of chickpeas.

One thing that sort of amazes me: I've lived 35 years without ever seeing peanuts cooked in an entree

Fuckin' blew my mind, dude. I thought the only way to eat them was oven-roasted.

@Jibult If you find that you like the food from that place, you should definitely seek out Palestinian Magluba (honest, it's a national dish, I'm familiar with the Palestinian version from students where I worked.
It's a layered rice dish with nuts (cashews, almonds and maybe pistachios on the bottom, followed layer tomato and onion slices, followed by either shredded beef, chicken or lamb followed by eggplant I think, then topped off with a buttload of rice, spices all through. This is done in a French oven (cast iron kinda pot) that's covered, everything and the rice cooks inside the pot).

When done, the top is removed and a big serving plate is place on top. Somehow you flip it over w/o burning yourself or killing everything - and after a whole you remove the pot leaving an upside down, layered rice dish, like so

SbmKqVkl.jpg

Tom

actually, Middle East/Iranian/Indian/Pakistani food is just godly, period. Ya had butter chicken?
I feel like this is getting a bit off topic but I love food from that region. Dal makhani is amazing, I could eat it for every meal

I feel like this is getting a bit off topic but I love food from that region. Dal makhani is amazing, I could eat it for every meal
Yes, this is a wandering threat. I’m a pothead is my excuse. 😎

Dal Makhani, while not my absolute favourite Indian food, is a good goto with garlic naan and a gulab jamun fried milk ball in sugar rosewater syrup. But yeah, I’d dip a chunk of the naan bread in the dal makhani & repeat . with a shot of clarified butter and heavy cream.

Tom

Cannabis is wind-pollinated, thus it doesn't rely on bees for pollination unlike most flowering plants bees collect nectar. Also, cannabis flowers do not offer the sugary nectar reward that attracts bees. In some experiments, bees have been trained to collect cannabis resin, but this process does not involve making honey.

Hemp pollen does contain very low levels of cannabinoids, but not enough to significantly impact honey. Any "cannabis honey" with noticeable effects or high cannabinoid levels is likely infused after extracting honey from the bees. But yeah, "bees can not make honey from marijuana plants" is not entirely true.

If bees don't have an endocannabinoid system, why would THC have an effect?
i suppose because hemp products naturally have a positive impact on endurance. im not sure, maybe they have an altered cannabinoids system that prevents intoxication but I doubt insects ‘brains’, which are called ganglions are complex enough to have all the necessary pathways but I might be mistaken.

Well it wouldn't be THC honey because I can't see how the THCA would be decarboxylated by bees eating it in regurgitating it. And there's not enough heat or enough light inside the beehive to do it either.

But yes it would be cannabis honey.
The beekeeper has talked about it having intoxicating effects at a few table/tea spoons. I don’t quite recall which one.

The beekeeper has talked about it having intoxicating effects at a few table/tea spoons. I don’t quite recall which one.
If you can provide a reasonable biochemical pathway for the decarboxylation of THCA I might believe it. Otherwise...

If you can provide a reasonable biochemical pathway for the decarboxylation of THCA I might believe it. Otherwise...

At best, certain colonies of honeybees have been known to clump together and "dance"/vibrate around invading giant hornets, effectively killing them by raising the temperature around the hornets to around 115F.

Now, if anybody can present any evidence that decarboxylation can efficiently occur at or around just 115F, or that the honeybees could sustain the dance for an adequate amount of time.....

At best, certain colonies of honeybees have been known to clump together and "dance"/vibrate around invading giant hornets, effectively killing them by raising the temperature around the hornets to around 115F.

Now, if anybody can present any evidence that decarboxylation can efficiently occur at or around just 115F, or that the honeybees could sustain the dance for an adequate amount of time.....
The lowest temperature I found was actually 80° C which works out to 176 Fahrenheit and it's hours and hours. So I think 115° Fahrenheit would be forever.

😂

The lowest temperature I found was actually 80° C which works out to 176 Fahrenheit and it's hours and hours. So I think 115° Fahrenheit would be forever.

😂

Weeklong missions.

This might be more suitable for tiny bee-drones than it is for actual honeybees. One of these days...

Yes, but these bees would not be getting THC from the pollen, because THC does not exist in the flowers or the pollen of the marijuana plant only THCA does.

I don't know how the bees would go around decarboxylating the THCA to THC.
in their easy bake oven!

Well as with mad honey, when bees collect nectar it somehow alters the properties. Rhododendron flowers on there own are not fun. When bees make honey, they essentially digest and regurgitate the nectar as honey. This is just a guess as to how it may work but if not then I would assume the beekeeper decarbs it himself after the bees are done. There also could be the possibility that they collect parts of the nectar that have higher concentrations of delta 9 than usual. Maybe the weed is specifically breaded for that purpose, I dont know.

If bees don't have an endocannabinoid system, why would THC have an effect?
I was correct, they do not have an endocannabinoid system. “As for bees, they're insects and don't have an endocannabinoid system, so the THCa and tiny amounts of THC would be processed like any other chemical in their body. They wouldn't get any effects from it whatsoever, psychoactive or not.” so it is likely the super food qualities of hemp that boost its endurance.

Just because there aren't endocannabinoid receptors doesn't mean there wouldn't be any binding to other proteins. Usually binding isn't that specific, there's lots of off target activity for many compounds

Well as with mad honey, when bees collect nectar it somehow alters the properties. Rhododendron flowers on there own are not fun. When bees make honey, they essentially digest and regurgitate the nectar as honey. This is just a guess as to how it may work but if not then I would assume the beekeeper decarbs it himself after the bees are done. There also could be the possibility that they collect parts of the nectar that have higher concentrations of delta 9 than usual. Maybe the weed is specifically breaded for that purpose, I dont know.
I'm pretty sure there's no biochemical pathway for decarboxylation of THCA by bees puking it up.

Secondly, rhododendron honey is poisonous. If you eat enough of it, the toxin that still remains (because the bees can't do anything to change It) will kill you. I say that because it seems you're operating under the FALSE assumption that somehow the bees make rhododendron honey that's safe to eat and that is completely not true.