• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

That Wacky Modafinil

yeah it does have a weirdly nice aroma, and no pain when snorting whatsoever. I love snorting tiny bumps. i have to say that of all the drugs i have tried over the years perhaps modafinil is the best one... it is a godsend for a tired mind. in combination with alcohol, caffeine and ketamine it is most wonderful, even euphoric. I much prefer it to speed or coke or any of the cathinones.

if I had to choose between modafinil and psychedelics, atr this poitn in my life I might well choose modafinil. To me it works like an anti-depresant and a stimulant at the same time.

It softens the edges whist at the same time sharpening the contours.

SOmetimes i wonder why, for so many years, I was so drawn to psychedelics. After my 2c-moda mishap - which was only just yesterday - I have to say that it seems I have gotten all i can from psychedelics... been saying that for 2 years already, but almost every time I do a psychedelic, i am reminded of that... they keep sending me the same message, and i have seen it all before. Why keep calling if I don't heed the message anyway? At least with modafinil I can get things done in the physical realm. That's worth something too. A lot, for someone as phlegmatic as me.

does it give people nausea at all? I really hate nausea especially when I need to work (one reason I have love/hate relationship with coffee).

I'd love a caffeine replacement.

Love this stuff when I can only get 3-4 hours sleep and have to work the next day. It also seems to relieve some of the lagginess/fog I get from heavy night-time smoking (ironically, I mostly smoke to help insomnia...)

@samadhisunyata:

no nausea for me with modafinil. have you tried switching to black tea or green tea for caffeine? Also WAY better than coffee. Add grated ginger to your tea as well to prevent nausea :)

having taken modafinil for nearly two months, and now being off it cold turkey for about two weeks, I can say there are currently no notable withdrawal effects, nor was there an indication of tolerance during the time I took it.

tolerance is not an issue. there might even be something like reverse tolerance, especially when snorted. there are also no withdrawals really. Maybe excess tiredness especially if one didn't get enough sleep while using it, which would basically be a form of abuse anyway and thus askign for complications. I used it a lot last spring/summer, then lost my stash during the sumemr and didn't retrieve it till a couple months ago. Must say that it's teh BEST PICK_ME-UP that I know and that I missed not using it. But there were no withdrawals.

Maybe excess tiredness especially if one didn't get enough sleep while using it, which would basically be a form of abuse anyway and thus askign for complications.

The concept of fatigue doesn't really exist under Modafinil's effect, which isn't to say you won't still pay a price for exceeding your limits. Once I had been awake in excess of 80 hours without sleep and only shown a lowered dexterity (or perhaps a body->mind communication lag) Upon ceasing to dose regularly, everything came crashing down.

This suggests that while you are under Modafinil's effect, you are capable of ignoring any evidence that you're exerting yourself. It doesn't mean that evidence isn't there, or that you can't hurt yourself ignoring it.

This also suggests that after a long time of taking Modafinil, you may grow used to what you think is your capacity for exertion, and after ceasing it, feel deficient that you suddenly show resistance to such exertion.

I've had no nausea with modafinil on its own, but mixed other things I have gotten nausea, namely my little misadventure with 4-aco-mipt and one other occasion when I needed a pseudoephedrine after taking it.

Ive taken over the max

I was diagnosed with what they call excessive daytime sleepiness and was given modafinil it was tested on f-14 fighter pilots who were given 800 mgs a day and were kept awake 36 out of a 40 hour week and were said ti still be able to fly at a basic level

i have personally taken 600 a day but it didnt continue to work for me personally so they augmented it with prozac but i had a bad reaction to prozac my skin was really dry and it was like having dandruff under my eyes

i wanted to try straterra but before the b.c. medical will cover that i have to try dexedrine or whatever amphetimes they have , i have read of people using dex and modafinil togother , and although its not recomended by the doc or pharmacy , it seems to work for some ....

as my doctor said your a phramacutiecl nightmare or guinea pig then again are'nt we all as diffrent drugs effect diffrent peeps in diffrent ways

Interesting the comments about bad experiences combining modafinil with psychedelics.

I've started a day with 200mg modafinil, stayed up all night taking MDMA, 4-HO-MET, 2C-D and alcohol, taken another 200mg modafinil in the early afternoon and then driven home early evening with no noticable side effects.

Since this thread is already undead;

Modafinil seems to have interesting interactions with exercise (ignoring fatigue aside.) With modafinil I can sprint to a heart rate of 240+ and sustain one over 170 with no problems (until the next day when I'm exhausted) Are there guidelines on a 'maximum' heart rate? I've heard things like 220 - age; I'm 24 now and that means I 'shouldn't' be able to achieve a heart rate 192 or more.

With modafinil, my resting pulse is about 90. Without, it's about 58. I assume this is why it's observed to lower BMI in exercise control subjects?

Anyway; Did I just train my way into this range? Most people I mention it to are concerned that I can get it this high (modafinil or not)

I THINK THE best research on modafinil would be from the test's they did on the soldiers considering there still using it today , i currently take 200mgs of modafinil and 20 mgs of dexedrine when i get up in the AM and 100mgs of seroquel at night , it seems to work for me at the moment , but i have an exceptionally high drug tolerance , so we will see , i'll keep you all posted

Do you still maintain that there is no tolerance? I'm probably going to use modafinil extensively for the next few weeks and I'm concerned about it.

WHAT ARE YOUR CONCERNS , the recommended maximum daily dosage is 400mgs .. i have taken double that ... if you exceed the MAX you should have a good heart cuz you can feel it for sure , and if you take any other drugs such as antideppresents , you have to be careful what you can mix with it , wellbutrin, or the patch , is a defenite NO NO unless you enjoy seizure's , from my own experience it certainly does'nt seem to have any addictive properties

Isn't anyone concerned about tolerance/withdrawal from modafinil?

I've used it off and on for several years now (more than 5). I have stopped and started many times. That is the beauty of it. It just does what it's supposed to and nothing else. Great for professionals working long hours. I've never had any w/d t all from it. Actually I usually don't take it on the weekends when I do use it for extended periods without any trouble.

However, it is not recreational in the traditional sense at least.

Seizures with modafinil + buproprion?

I'm taking 100 mg of modafinil + 300 mg buproprion XR... (+lithium)..
for ~13 mo. without noticing any seizures...and I'm fairly sure my doc isn't an idiot, but this worries me.

Maybe the lithium's got enough of a neuroleptic effect...?
Is there any indication/evidence for modafinil + buproprion ==> seizure? I don't know enough about seizures or drug x drug interactions to tell, but I've never heard this before...

well i'm your evidence after i had a seizure then went and told an exp phrmacist and the psychitsrist they both said oh no you cant mix those 2 , your doctors probably not an idiot but it does'nt tell him in the CPS book that you cant mix the two .. you can mix prozac with modafinil as i was taking 400mgs of modaifinil and 30mgs of prozac and 200mgs of seroquel at night , before that i took effexor,celexa, then wellbutrin by itself ,, now what works for me is 200mgs of modafinil nad 20mgs of dexedrine and 100mgs of seroquel

as what there trying to do is use one drug to augment the other or counter the effects ,, but they did attribute my seizure to the interaction of modafinil and wellbutrin

ya well when i told my doctor he nearly shit , he started apoligizing then babbled some greek which was the first rule of medicine ,,{ do no harm } even the first pharmicits denied any liability as well ... both wellbutrin and modafinil are in a sense still fairly new on the market , wellbutrin was first used in the patch form to quit smoking they discoverd it also had some anti depressant properties , i was also taking a much higher dose of modafinil , but you may want to get a second opinion as falling on your head is no fun at all especially when it gets trapped under your bed and your jerking around , i had some nasty rug burn