Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Tell us about the last film you watched, mate!

Road_Kill_1.jpg

Fangoria Frightfest - Road Kill (2010) (aka "Road Train" in Australian release)

Bad.
Waste of time.
Infidelity of opening sequence is the only character development. At all. And even it gives no skin really.
Blood and gore were done with some red syrup in someone's garage.
Plot was made by a third grader who had a nightmare; and executed by actors from a high school play.

Spoilers herein:
NSFW:

Not Plausible:

• Characters don't know how to drive the truck, and yet 3 out of the 4 end up driving it without issue.
  • The driver who goes off road by falling asleep at the wheel - yeah, um, let's see, I can keep driving straight on smooth pavement, or TURN onto a ROUGH DIRT ROAD and not notice.
  • The driver who goes off road by falling asleep at the wheel - goes off only at the time and place there is a dirt road, NOT anywhere else along the million miles of outback.
  • The driver goes off road and just happens to wake up feet from running into a big pile of dirt? And we learn later that dirt road was a somewhat narrow passage, curving, with cliffs down either side.
  • Two baddies pop out (from nowhere) and overtake our heroine in time to find new prey, and they run over the new prey at high speed when none of them can actually work the pedals (so maybe the truck is accelerating itself, and yet, they act like working the steering wheel counts?)
  • Antagonist fucks the other male character's girlfriend, and gets forgiven "Cuz he's my mate" and yet there is unending hate towards the gf?
  • Antagonist, who gets regenerated by the truck, gets killed by the heroine by mere gunshots?

Good parts:
  • The hallucinational visions for the antagonist as he's dying in the truck, and subsequently getting healed
  • Visual work on the engine-ish parts running on blood.
  • Main antagonist looks A LOT like Phil.
  • The truck running over the head of one of our central characters (not gore, but the camera angles and such)

Guessed it, not surprised
  • The truck was somewhat the 'evil' being, and it would somewhat possess the characters.
  • While she's off finishing the last baddie, someone else stumbles upon the truck to keep the mayhem going. <<<< IF they make a sequel to this, someone needs to be shot.

Bad.waste.of.time.

great performance from jolie.

True that. Most of the Gia obsessives seem to rant and rave about the fact that Jolie looked nothing like her. That was besides the point for me, it was all about the internal. Jolie understood Gia's inner demons, and that's why it worked. She captured her spirit. :)

was searching for the documentary about gia but couldn't find it /me sniffles. :( o' well

I was desperately looking for that at one point too, to no avail. It looks really good. :(

I enjoyed that, though again, the obsessives get all uppity about it. Why can't people just enjoy things for what they are any more?. :\

natural born killer

14.gif

I can't remember the last film I watched. I've fallen asleep so many times with little or no recollection this weeks it's unbelievable.

True that. Most of the Gia obsessives seem to rant and rave about the fact that Jolie looked nothing like her. That was besides the point for me, it was all about the internal. Jolie understood Gia's inner demons, and that's why it worked. She captured her spirit. :)
totally agree. the thought that jolie didn't look like gia didn't even cross my mind till i read your post. indeed she captured her spirit... man she was fearless in that role! couldn't imagine any other actress pulling that off as well as jolie did.

LetRightOneInPoster.jpg

Watched it last night. I really, really loved it. It even made me miss the snow, which is almost impossible for me to fathom. I think it might be the best vampire movie ever, and it was about prepubescent vampires who didn't really kill them as so much as chow down on their necks and then snap them when she was full.

I really really liked it. The tone, the cinematography, everything. I did NOT like the Swedish. what a weird and uncomfortable language.

Resident Evil in 3D...........the 3D was pretty awesome but the movie was average. 2 stars.

Last night I watched Cake Eaters and Control.

Both were good.
I thought Kristen Stewart did a really great job in CE.

Sam Riley, and Samantha Morton did an INCREDIBLE job in Control- the movie was very well done. I reallllly liked it.

I'd recommend both but Control takes the Cake ;)

yay! Cake Eaters was pretty decent. Control made me cry and cry and cry and cry, even though I already knew what was going to happen before I started watching the movie (I'm a huge Joy Division fan). I think the fact that it was filmed in b&w made it even more...hard hitting. btw, Sam Riley, the guy who played Ian, is going to be "Jack"/Jack Kerouac in On the Road with our other favourite cake eating lady ;) <3 i think he's terribly cute and looks exactly like ian curtis.

I watched Phallus in Wonderland last night. It's a fun film to watch tripping, I kind of miss the 90s.

gwar-phallus.jpg

LetRightOneInPoster.jpg

Watched it last night. I really, really loved it. It even made me miss the snow, which is almost impossible for me to fathom. I think it might be the best vampire movie ever, and it was about prepubescent vampires who didn't really kill them as so much as chow down on their necks and then snap them when she was full.

I really really liked it. The tone, the cinematography, everything. I did NOT like the Swedish. what a weird and uncomfortable language.

glad you liked it. it's one of my favorites. :)

sorry you didn't like the Swedish though. :|

my old roommate was Swedish, so i was very well adjusted, myself.

^This makes me really excited!
I requested this movie after your suggestion Mysterier.
Library says it is in transit now! Should have it Monday........

Kenickie- Yeah, Sam Riley did a great job- and he does look quite a bit like Ian Curtis. He did the mannerisms and the Ian arm dance really well :)

Resident-Evil-4-Afterlife%203d.jpg

3/10

Boring, nonsensical piece of garbage. For the life of me, I have no idea why it was in 3-D either. Nothing stood out at all. I kept wondering why I was having to wear the glasses in the first place.

430678.1020.A.jpg

T'was soooooooooo 90s, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. And for what it's worth I definitely would have gone with her.

Last edited:
irreversible.jpg

I just watched Irreversible. I enjoyed it but it was one of those movies that is backwards. It worked for Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction but it just pissed me off in this movie. The anal rape scene had some interesting subtitles though. [Rapist moans]

14552.jpg

3 Evil Masters (1980)

Yes, the kung-fu theatre stuff, 80's style ;) Very worth it! No wires, all fight choreography done with hands and weapons as if it were real. The film has the usual minimal 'defend the honor of my master' plot, throw away dubbed dialogue, and bad acting - though I would say none of these are 'cheesy' per se, but par for the 80's and probably some of the best from that time frame. The fight scenes were many, and excellently executed. Recognizing it's film, so there are perhaps days of filming a fight sequence, but it is edited to appear as one shot and the main character seems to just endure and continue to kick ass. Anyone into kung-fu theater (sorry, that's what it was called when I was growing up - every Sunday afternoon on the USA network there was 'Kung Fu Theater' with two of these types of flicks back to back - good times =D ), anyone into this stuff - I would put this on your list to see.

Let the Right One In

I had high expectations.
The movie was alright- I liked it, but I think the problem I had with it was the voice over into English. I would have MUCH RATHER had subtitles. The score was good and I liked the ending........ :)

^ yea, i'll never watch movies dubbed in english, totally kills the experience. ending to Let the Right One In was awesome too, in the pool and the train. tho u gotta feel kind of bad for oskar...

Chasing_Amy_film.jpg

never saw it before, but man i was missing out. awesome movie imo. funny and i like how the subject matter was delt with like it "kept it real" i could relate to the ben affleck character when he made the proposition towards the end. defintely my fav kevin smith flick now.

clerks.

overrated.

You thought Clerks was overrated? I thought it was crazy and funny and serious and have watched it many times over the last few decades. It never fails to intrigue me.%)

chasing amy
never saw it before, but man i was missing out. awesome movie imo. funny and i like how the subject matter was delt with like it "kept it real" i could relate to the ben affleck character when he made the proposition towards the end. defintely my fav kevin smith flick now.

I loved Amy too. He did a wonderful job with that. And Clerks. And Clerks two. I just enjoy Kevin's sense of humor. I am a fan. I went and met him at a few appearances he did and he's a cool guy.<3