Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Tell us about the last film you watched, mate!

Come Dance with Me!

watched for brigitte bardot. she was wonderful. the movie was actually decent. it was kinda fun, and things even got a little weird and wild with a transvestite character and a scene in a fetish bar.

walk_hard_the_dewey_cox_story_dvd_2-disc_unrated.jpg

Why did it take me so long to finally see this!

Laugh out loud belly laughing lulz right they way through it =D

Kick-Ass

the silly premise and title in contrast with the dark content didn't do it for me. probably works better in a comic book.

cage and that absurdly adorable little girl (though i disliked her character) definitely had a The Professional thing going on.

hitgirl_kickass1-500x331.jpg

MV5BMjA2NTMwMDU0NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDAyMDg5Mg_._V1._SX640_SY962__large.jpg

we're about do for another Lolita remake, right?

Not seen it, she was good in Let me in though.....

I think they'd struggle to pull off a decent Lolita these days.

well, i havent seen the more recent one, but i certainly think kubrick failed. and nabokov even wrote the screen play for him. but that was dumb of nabokov, because Lolita is a novel and cannot really be anything else. i know that is a bullshit thing to say and then not back up, but it would take forever. just saying a lot of Lolita is games with rhetoric.

but the story of obsession over a child is perfect for film. people just need to get over that Lolita will always be the best example in the world of narrative, and concentrate on narrative in film.

why do you think they'd struggle? i mean i agree, just curious to hear your thoughts on it. controversy?

Last edited:
^ The Version with Jeremy Iron's in it, is fantastic IMO.

This was on T.V.
black-sheep-poster-0.jpg

My second time seeing it and it's still brilliant! :D If you like Zombies and you like Sheep, this is one to watch.

Last watched Trainspotting. Not as good as when I originally saw it, though when I originally saw it, I was pretty messed up. 8)

this movie comes highly recommended by my mother. i'm looking forward to it. though that director is hit or miss.

look at that cover. i wonder if the distributor thinks javier bardem being in it might help them sell some copies?

Amer

recommended by joethestoner.

im a fan. very Suspiria-esque--all about using image and sound to create a creepy atmosphere for the camera to swim in. the use of that tactic is even more exagerated than in Suspiria; Amer has next to no dialogue.

with a movie like this it breaks down to the movie's ultra-hypnotic qualities trying to justify and okay the ultra-slow quality (that is necessary for the film to be hypnotic). 3 Women is another example of a movie that deals with this battle. i think for the most part, Amer is successful here. but the first sequence (her early childhood) is by far my favorite and I think a half a step up in quality from the rest of the film.

though it was great film from start to finish. thanks, joe. owe yeah a good one.

now if only criterion would quit fucking around with quality but mainstream like Fear and Loathing and do what they are supposed to--quality blu-ray/dvd transfers of great films that do not have a mainstream fanbase. it's bullshit that Amer does not exist in the american market.

I last watched The Boondock Saints II.

Everyone seems to love the Boondock Saints but I thought the films were a little cheesy for my taste.

me too! <3

thanks to our daughter (and our love for "animated" films) were able to keep up with disney/pixar/dreamworks productions.

what are your other "animated" favourites?

...kytnism...:|

ps. keeping on topic, i last watched superbad at the hubbys request. third time round, still not a fan. :\

Up and all the Toy Story series :)

Thor - good movie, even though it was a bootleg, if i had the $ i'd go watch it in 3d, on an Imax. would give u that "i am a super hero".

Scream 4 - Eh, yeah slasher movie, like the other 3, and the Scary Movie guy.... So whats your favorite horror movie little girlllllll....evil laf

Matrix Revolution - had to watch it again, good movie. Trinity is hawt.

I Am Number 4 - I like Dreamwork movies, they have cool animation, was a little disappointed. there were hot chicks but they were all in high school. so sucked lol. i have a feeling that they are going to come out with a "I am Number 5"..

Fast 5 - More sorta like a cop vs robber kinda movie.. van disel, and the white dude are running from the rock. yeah cool cars.. but i like street racing movies ya kno? like Fast & Furious 1.

Inception - good scary movie here if you sorta believe in the paranormal. which I do, and really got me this one. fucking twisted ending!!

pourelle124215605620.jpg

Pour elle, not bad.

I won't be watching 'the next three days' now since it's a remake of this movie...

Inception - good scary movie here if you sorta believe in the paranormal. which I do, and really got me this one. fucking twisted ending!!

Are you sure you don't mean Insidious? ;)

Amer

recommended by joethestoner.

im a fan. very Suspiria-esque--all about using image and sound to create a creepy atmosphere for the camera to swim in. the use of that tactic is even more exagerated than in Suspiria; Amer has next to no dialogue.

with a movie like this it breaks down to the movie's ultra-hypnotic qualities trying to justify and okay the ultra-slow quality (that is necessary for the film to be hypnotic). 3 Women is another example of a movie that deals with this battle. i think for the most part, Amer is successful here. but the first sequence (her early childhood) is by far my favorite and I think a half a step up in quality from the rest of the film.

though it was great film from start to finish. thanks, joe. owe yeah a good one.

now if only criterion would quit fucking around with quality but mainstream like Fear and Loathing and do what they are supposed to--quality blu-ray/dvd transfers of great films that do not have a mainstream fanbase. it's bullshit that Amer does not exist in the american market.

nice write up man, really glad ya liked it! makes me want to give it another viewing.

last movie i watched was Double Indemnity i think cuz of LA Noire i watched quite a few billy wilder films recently n' Chinatown (polanski) LA Confidential love that ol detective stuff and seeing Los Angeles back in the day on film ./me kisses fingertips "c'est magnifique"