• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tell Me the Coolest Thing You Know About LSD

Okay this is going nowhere. No one is saying that someone can eyeball out 1/2 milligram of LSD. Just that 1mg of any substance is visible to the naked eye. So is 1/2 milligram. 100 micrograms is barely visible, you'd have to know exactly where to look. Really I think we all agree though, it's amazing that the dose of LSD is so tiny.

Well sorry to be the bearer of bad news but LSD-25 is not visible to the naked eye [microscopic]. At dosages from 50ugs - 2mgs [2,000micrograms].

You are confusing a dose with the substance itself.
50ug are probably close to or actually invisible, but 1 or 2 mgs are easily visible, and if you know where it is as Xorkoth says, you can spot even smaller quantities.

I challenge anyone to ration out 1/2 a milligram of pure LSD CRYSTAL under a microscope with a pair of scissors.
Not to mention a pair of human fingers... It's not possible.

Completely agree. And the scale needed to weigh that quantity would cost several thousands and would be difficult to set up before you can operate it.

All You need is a clean syringe/needle, everclear, and some raw LSD crystal [grams at a time preferred].
Only the most 'deadicated' know the ratios between liquid volume of Everclear and grams [mgs] of pure, genuine LSD-25 crystal.

Yes, that's how you actually dose LSD.
The correct ratio of LSD to solvent is not exclusive at all and is obtainable by anyone with a basic scientific education though, and the ratios can vary depending on the paper used (if making sheets).
Here it goes:

1. Weigh the dry sheet
  2. Immerse dry sheet in solvent of choice (ie Everclear) until fully saturated
  3. now extract soaked sheet, let excess alcohol drip off, weigh the soaked sheet
  4. Weight of the soaked sheet - weight of dry sheet= amount of Everclear needed to saturate the sheet
  5. Multiply the desired LSD dose for one tab by the number of tabs in sheet (ie. 100ug x 900= 90mg)
  6. Now you know how much solvent and LSD you will need for one sheet, multiply if doing multiple sheets.
Won't go further in how to make sheets as I won't post instructions on how to prepare drugs for distribution.
The next steps are also way more difficult on a practical level and errors in the drying of the sheets will lead to unevenly dosed sheets.
It is inadvisable to improvise this steps and it should only be done under supervision of a person with experience in accurately laying blotters.

You said LSD is microspopic, but it is an active dose (let's say 50ug) that is basically invisible to the naked eye and is microscopic.
If you have 10 grams of crystal it won't be microscopic.
Haha, thanks guys. I'm just enjoying reading through this thread over my afternoon cup of tea. All very interesting thank you to each of you for your inputs.

You all know far more than I do about Lsd and all drugs likely, I never really researched drugs much despite past usage.

When my Lyme struck 14 years back, all substances except cannabis went off the table so I never looked back.

So I'm greatly uneducated on these thjngs really. Hence my respect for you all and your knwoledge and this forum as a whole- what a resource right?

So many genuine, passionate members who really care about helping.

And from some of the comments, I'm surprised to think I have maybe acfually taken more Lsd, relatively, than I understood.

I always felt like I never took very much of it, I sure would have done but it was always out of my availability between 1996 and 2005.

So I felt deprived, resorting to insanely heavy MDMA (and poly drug use), I would gobble lsd whenever I got it, shrooms etc.

So I'm sure I took over 500 hits in those 9 years, anywhere up to 1000. Def over 500 though minimum. I aim to be as realistic and honest with myself in this regard, conservatively of course.

Lots of weak hits. Lots of strong hits. Lots of HITS either way.
But I still know so little about it. Im sure there are many people alive today who have taken thousands of Lsd hits.

But I just had one thought, or image, which popped into my mind which I came here to express just now:

You guys were amusing me with your your semantical discussion about the microscopic nature of LSD,

And then I saw it. In my mind, a Titanic sinking Lsd Iceberg! ?

Honestly what formed in my imagination I'm really not ever trying to be funny, just purely natural.
So could we call that Macroscopic? Is that a word?

Right... it's not LSD that is microscopic, it's an active dose of LSD that's microscopic. That was the point.
Haha you guys have made me smile over this. Can I suggest that for the sake of semantics- my Lsd iceberb....IS an active dose? (Assuming we can find a big enough mouth that is.)

Xorkoth said:
it's an active dose of LSD that's microscopic.
Phobos said:
an active dose of LSD is actually microscopic,
Derek Zoolander said:
Well sorry to be the bearer of bad news but LSD-25 is microscopic at dosages from 50ugs - 2mgs.
@heatlessbbq, maybe one day you'll get to try some LSD for yourself, then you'll understand what people are talking about..

On topic: In light of early reports that LSD could make users more 'suggestible' , The US Army tried giving it to their troops in an effort to make for more obedient soldiers.

It didn't work the way they had planned because the first thing the troops wanted to do after taking acid was quit the army.

On topic: In light of early reports that LSD could make users more 'suggestible' , The US Army tried giving it to their troops in an effort to make for more obedient soldiers.

It didn't work the way they had planned because the first thing the troops wanted to do after taking acid was quit the army.

Yes, I'm reminded of the wonderful helicopter scene from the movie "The Men Who Stare at Goats" :cool:

It's something I heard in this LSD documentary. It wasn't bad, Hofmann was interviewed. I'll try to find a link..

Here it is. Hofmann's Potion.

And how do You find out exactly micrograms is on a single tab of LSD, Phobos?

You eat it.

There is no possible way for any form of test kit to determine how much LSD is on a single hit of paper or liquid.
It's simply impossible.

Certainly the people laying sheets HAVE to be eating the stuff... Or I'd be a damned fool.

I just had a wonderful experience with about 30ug, kratom, and a couple hours of yoga and relaxing. A little kratom helps take the edge off of pain and lets me go deeper into stretches to get more tension release (as opposed to doing yoga on K where I'm basically Gumby but I'm so numb there's no lasting benefit).

I think i may finally breaking through a problem that's plagued me for many years - compulsive stealing. It started when I was about 9 as a survival mechanism (abusive parents) but morphed into a real problem that's landed me in jail and all but stripped me of my dignity and self worth.

The last month I've been taking small doses of LSD periodically and this issue is the main one that arises every time. I'll spare the details but after over 20 years of back and forth, I think I may finally be done stealing (and it's from grocery stores, not individuals, just for some context).

Love acid.

And how do You find out exactly micrograms is on a single tab of LSD, Phobos?

You eat it.

There is no possible way for any form of test kit to determine how much LSD is on a single hit of paper or liquid.
It's simply impossible.

Certainly the people laying sheets HAVE to be eating the stuff... Or I'd be a damned fool.

You can send it to a lab to analyze exactly how many micrograms are on it, with expensive lab equipment, but you're right in that any home test kit can't do that. But you also can't do that by eating it, because every trip is different. Sometimes you trip harder than other times on the same dose. It's true of any psychedelic. I mean sure I can venture a guess as to how many micrograms I ate based on the effects, but it's just a guess, you can't actually reliably say "that was 100ug" or "that was 325ug" based on the effects.

People laying blotters definitely know how many micrograms are supposed to be on every tab, because they had to calculate that out in order to lay them. So if you can really trust your source then you know (at least to within a percentage variation, because blotters tend to be stronger on the edges of the sheet where the liquid pools for longer as it dries up).

People laying blotters definitely know how many micrograms are supposed to be on every tab, because they had to calculate that out in order to lay them. So if you can really trust your source then you know (at least to within a percentage variation, because blotters tend to be stronger on the edges of the sheet where the liquid pools for longer as it dries up).

As blotter paper evaporates solvent faster from the edges, one of the practical problems of laying sheets is in fact taking steps to prevent that as much as possible.

Haha you guys have made me smile over this. Can I suggest that for the sake of semantics- my Lsd iceberb....IS an active dose? (Assuming we can find a big enough mouth that is.)
You just rub your body in DMSO and then roll on the iceberg. That should do it.

@heatlessbbq, maybe one day you'll get to try some LSD for yourself, then you'll understand what people are talking about..

Excuse Me?