TDS TDS Pets thread vs. now with added SCOMFF!

Oh my dat booty :p she is but she is gorgeous regardless <3

Blake, yeah it's terrible difficult finding a breeder and then also getting approved since there's a line for them out the door. (so to speak) I haven't seen any in person ever so they're really uncommon here.

yeah and you have to pay through the roof with registered breeders.
aw that sucks, maybe one day youll get one=]

My mom wants to get one and one of her friend knows someone who knows a breeder so we might get one from the same litter so they'll be brothers :p. If you don't get one with champion titles you can usually get a purebred for like $400-$600.

C748E9C2-F155-4FAF-8609-E7D0A33AFF41-2147-00000316AD0C7916_zps06a02f60.jpg

This is Harvey. he is 3/4 White german shepherd X 1/4 alaskan husky.
hes almost 3 so hes still a puppy. i love him<3

You have a very beautiful dog. White German shepherds are my favorite breed and I intend to get one some day. They are a very intelligent and playful breed, and I have always liked them.

My mom had one when I was 14 but I was the only person who had anything to do with him so he was more like my pet. He got sick and nobody would take him to the vet. He was sick for two weeks and would not eat but at the time if an animal got sick it was either left untreated possibly to die or taken away and dumped somewhere. He died. I was severely depressed before that and after that happened I tried to commit suicide twice. They knew the dog was going to die without treatment for whatever was wrong with him unless they were complete morons.

T*D OMG he's huge and gorgeous <3 you have the coolest pets!!!

Did you try to get the shower suction cup perch thing? When I wanted to get a Senegal parrot I was going to get one of those so I could bring him in the shower with me but put the perch where it only mists. I'm not sure if a perch would hold baby though lol.

Thanks! I love my pets. I had wanted a macaw since I was 5 years old and a raccoon since I was about 8 years old. Seems I got what I wanted. There were quite a few websites saying macaws and raccoons do not make good pets but mine are great pets. I'm thinking maybe some of those people just did not take care of them right. Maybe I just got lucky and got the nice ones. I don't know.

A perch would do no good, he'd just jump off. I have tried putting him on the back of a chair and he jumped off of that. I can now do it without too much difficulty. He kind of tries to get away at first then settles down. It is clear that he does not like it and that is why I don't like having to give him showers. He handles it pretty well unless he gets close enough to the shower curtain to grab on to it. He does not bite any more from showers and rarely scratches. He has become more tolerant of it.

I think your dogs are beautiful. I especially like the one that looks like a husky. That is one of my favorite breeds. My favorite breed is the white German shepherd though.

Yesterday I was shocked to discover that a Pigeon had sneakily nested & laid a couple of eggs in the corner of our balcony.
So far I am aware of two eggs in existence, but there could be more as we haven't disturbed the mother to check.
Very little Sunlight reaches that side of the unit, so I'm afraid the balcony is too cold for the little babies to survive inside the eggs..
Does anybody know what I should do?!

Thanks! I love my pets. I had wanted a macaw since I was 5 years old and a raccoon since I was about 8 years old. Seems I got what I wanted. There were quite a few websites saying macaws and raccoons do not make good pets but mine are great pets. I'm thinking maybe some of those people just did not take care of them right. Maybe I just got lucky and got the nice ones. I don't know.

I think your dogs are beautiful. I especially like the one that looks like a husky. That is one of my favorite breeds. My favorite breed is the white German shepherd though.

I've been a dog enthusiast (way beyond my other childhood friends) since I was about 8 also. It died down a bit in my late teens because my parents weren't into dealing with dogs anymore (they had to deal with mischievous me), but when I moved out within the first year I got my first dog. It was my boyfriends choice breed (the Papillon) but I didn't care as long as it was a dog. Then I found another in a rescue so we got that one and then I started fostering for the largest Papillon rescue in the US and then we adopted a 3rd one lol.

I also have ALWAYS wanted a cat but that was never a possibility since my mother was deathly allergic and my boyfriend was also supposedly allergic so I assumed that would never be possible. But when we moved to FL the house came with this huge screened in porch that goes all the way around the pool and over it (like a dome) called a lanai and I got a kitten to stay in there. My boyfriend eventually started to like it and he found out he's not allergic so she now lives in the house too =D!

I had the same problem with my parents with dogs. They would get them and from age like 1-3 they would be house pets but then they'd become too much of a burden and they would be outside dogs in a pen during the day and only brought inside during the night. After I moved out and got my first dog who was my absolute baby I messaged them and tormented them about their now 14 year old dogs because they would leave facebook messages saying how the one wasn't doing well and I would say just put it out of it's misery it's just living a sad lonely painful existence at this point anyways. Dogs are pack animals and they deserve to live with humans. They changed their mind and now own one of my rescues a MiniDashund/Chihuahua mix named Inky who is basically my mothers baby. When they came to visit me they couldn't even bare the thought of boarding him so they took separate flights and took turn staying home with him. They're serious dog people now I'm kind of jealous because it's all I ever wanted as a child was to have a house pet.

A perch would do no good, he'd just jump off. I have tried putting him on the back of a chair and he jumped off of that. I can now do it without too much difficulty. He kind of tries to get away at first then settles down. It is clear that he does not like it and that is why I don't like having to give him showers. He handles it pretty well unless he gets close enough to the shower curtain to grab on to it. He does not bite any more from showers and rarely scratches. He has become more tolerant of it.
lol aw Poor baby, Baby, did you get him as a baby :)sus:) and give him baths when he was young? Or does he just not like it? Where did you get him from anyways? They are expensive birds? And Lucky too?

I would like to get a fennec or even a domesticated silver/red fox (the siberian domesticated ones) but I'm not sure if I'd be able to train one correctly. Dogs and cats are easy to train but I can't handle animals going to the bathroom in the house so I wouldn't be okay with having a little box or like a pee/poo pad in a corner. I even have to go to an extreme with the cat where I only bring her little box in when I wake up and put her in it and she goes immediately and then I only do that again once mid day, and once before bed. Cats I've found, btw are awesome, you never have to potty train them and they hold their bathroom literally until you let them out--they refuse to go unless there's litter.

How do raccoons go to the bathroom? Like in a litterbox or outside or what?

The mini Husky in the picture is an Alaskan Klee Kai and it's not mine, but as my last pet I would love to own one. They're extremely rare in the US and are around $2000 (other purebred dogs you can get for around $300-$600). But since I fell in love with Papillons which were my BFs favorite breed and the husky is my favorite breed I want an AKK because they're smaller and they're basically MY favorite breed.

Yesterday I was shocked to discover that a Pigeon had sneakily nested & laid a couple of eggs in the corner of our balcony.
So far I am aware of two eggs in existence, but there could be more as we haven't disturbed the mother to check.
Very little Sunlight reaches that side of the unit, so I'm afraid the balcony is too cold for the little babies to survive inside the eggs..
Does anybody know what I should do?!

Trip I don't think birds rely on the sun to keep the eggs warm. I think for the most part they lay on the eggs to keep them warm so she probably picked that spot on purpose I personally wouldn't move it.

Last edited:
Harvey is Beautiful! I have an american eskimo that looks alot like your Harvey. There is nothing better than the love i get from my boys (2 male dogs). The other is a small Havanese. I am new here but when i figure out how to post pictures i will post my boys.

^Upload them to http://imgur.com (you might need to make an acct) and then click the button above the post reply text box with the little square with the tree in it and it will add the picture.

I'd love to see pictures of you two :)

Baby's showers, Lucky's potty training, Info on foxes

lol aw Poor baby, Baby, did you get him as a baby :)sus:) and give him baths when he was young? Or does he just not like it? Where did you get him from anyways? They are expensive birds? And Lucky too?

I don't know too much about Baby's history before I got him. He was 13 years old when I got him. The people I got him from only had him for about 6 months. The people they got him from kept him in a cage all the time and they would punish him by spraying water in his face if he made too much noise or banged on the bars wanting out. I know he had at least 3 other homes before that but I know nothing about them. The ones who sprayed him in the face with water only fed him peanuts and sunflower seeds. The people I got him from had improved his diet but he was still eating a diet of at least 50% sunflower seeds and peanuts. His feathers looked like they were rotting in places or burned and his skin was an unhealthy purplish color. Within a few months I had him eating a much better diet and soon his skin color was normal and his feathers improved over the next 6-12 months.

I think his fear of showers may be from getting sprayed in the face. You are not supposed to do that because if you hit the nostril, water can go down into the lungs

I would like to get a fennec or even a domesticated silver/red fox (the siberian domesticated ones) but I'm not sure if I'd be able to train one correctly. Dogs and cats are easy to train but I can't handle animals going to the bathroom in the house so I wouldn't be okay with having a little box or like a pee/poo pad in a corner. I even have to go to an extreme with the cat where I only bring her little box in when I wake up and put her in it and she goes immediately and then I only do that again once mid day, and once before bed. Cats I've found, btw are awesome, you never have to potty train them and they hold their bathroom literally until you let them out--they refuse to go unless there's litter.

How do raccoons go to the bathroom? Like in a litterbox or outside or what?

I can't take my raccoon outside because I can't let anyone see him. I am going to try to get a trappers liscense - I believe that allows you to posess a live raccoon. I won't actually do any trapping, it will be only so I won't get Lucky taken away if he is seen. The interesting thing about raccoons is that they like to choose a spot to use and they stick to it. Usually it is in a place where they won't be seen easily. If they choose an area that is unacceptible, just make them choose another place. There are ways to try to get them to choose the place you want, such as taking some of their feces to that place. Once you get them to use the right place, which usually doesn't take to long, you can usually put a pan down. Some will not use a pan though, and lucky is one of those. For him, I put down plenty of newspaper. He goes in the closet which has linoleum flooring so it is very easy to clean. That is the only place he goes unless it is allowed to get really dirty.

I got him from a breeder in Indiana and he only cost $150. They sell foxes too. I believe the fennec fox is the easiest to care for. It can be litter box trained but may be more difficult than a dog/puppy. I don't know if it could be trained to just hold it in or not. They are usually docils and not afraid of new people and their behavios is very similar to a dog. They are more like a dog than other foxes. They are also very small and really cute with their big ears. They are very active and if you are going to have it outside you would need an enclosure it could not escape from. They are very good diggers and climbers. They would need something to do to keep active a lot if you want it to be happy.

There is also a domesticated silver fox. I don't know a lot about them, just that they were domesticated in a selective breeding project in Russia. These should be easy to care for but may be expensive because I think they are rare.

Many species of foxes including the red fox smell really bad, something you'd want to consider when choosing a species.

<3 Such a chunky monkey just like my boy is growing into looking like.

How are you holding up SB?

I don't know too much about Baby's history before I got him. He was 13 years old when I got him. The people I got him from only had him for about 6 months. The people they got him from kept him in a cage all the time and they would punish him by spraying water in his face if he made too much noise or banged on the bars wanting out. I know he had at least 3 other homes before that but I know nothing about them. The ones who sprayed him in the face with water only fed him peanuts and sunflower seeds. The people I got him from had improved his diet but he was still eating a diet of at least 50% sunflower seeds and peanuts. His feathers looked like they were rotting in places or burned and his skin was an unhealthy purplish color. Within a few months I had him eating a much better diet and soon his skin color was normal and his feathers improved over the next 6-12 months.

I think his fear of showers may be from getting sprayed in the face. You are not supposed to do that because if you hit the nostril, water can go down into the lungs

Yeah now that you mention that, I can see why he hates water now. I'm surprised he lets you do it. He surely does love you. I am also so surprised given his history he still has such a beautiful set of feathers. Usually neglected birds with that type of intelligence pluck their feathers in situations. I guess he's just a fighter ;).

I can't take my raccoon outside because I can't let anyone see him. I am going to try to get a trappers liscense - I believe that allows you to posess a live raccoon. I won't actually do any trapping, it will be only so I won't get Lucky taken away if he is seen. The interesting thing about raccoons is that they like to choose a spot to use and they stick to it. Usually it is in a place where they won't be seen easily. If they choose an area that is unacceptible, just make them choose another place. There are ways to try to get them to choose the place you want, such as taking some of their feces to that place. Once you get them to use the right place, which usually doesn't take to long, you can usually put a pan down. Some will not use a pan though, and lucky is one of those. For him, I put down plenty of newspaper. He goes in the closet which has linoleum flooring so it is very easy to clean. That is the only place he goes unless it is allowed to get really dirty.

I got him from a breeder in Indiana and he only cost $150. They sell foxes too. I believe the fennec fox is the easiest to care for. It can be litter box trained but may be more difficult than a dog/puppy. I don't know if it could be trained to just hold it in or not. They are usually docils and not afraid of new people and their behavios is very similar to a dog. They are more like a dog than other foxes. They are also very small and really cute with their big ears. They are very active and if you are going to have it outside you would need an enclosure it could not escape from. They are very good diggers and climbers. They would need something to do to keep active a lot if you want it to be happy.

There is also a domesticated silver fox. I don't know a lot about them, just that they were domesticated in a selective breeding project in Russia. These should be easy to care for but may be expensive because I think they are rare.

Many species of foxes including the red fox smell really bad, something you'd want to consider when choosing a species.

Oh wow, thats so interesting to learn about raccoons. I've watched videos of them on youtube and they seem like the most adorable pets. Surprisingly because they aren't really domesticated at all but they seem to be easily tamed from babies.

I own Papillons which are the little dogs with gigantic ears (they remind me of fennec foxes. I'm not sure if I'd be up to training an animal that's not easier than a cat or dog lol and I wouldn't want to adopt one to later find out I'm not cut out for it as I wouldn't be able to give it up.

Last edited:
Ive recently adopted 2 stray cats, Scuttlebutt and Piewhackit. Scuttlebutts an overweight tabby, very friendly but high strung. Piewhackit showed signs of abuse he was malnourished and had wounds. Hes now healthy and strong, with a glossy coat, and his wounds were treated. Theyre a valued part of the family.

That's a handsome cat. I hate it when they up and leave like that, but they have independent natures.

20459_1351322665670_8034346_n.jpg

gandoulf and bear you guys have slipped away<3

69858_10200813107192547_1289088084_n.jpg

I miss you matilda and the rest of the dogs at Kie's kennel..

1176281_10201947562513221_174569381_n.jpg

But you Mr. Leroy have turned out to be an amazing dog.. shit sir it about time it only took ten flappin years of mayhem<3:D<3

Last edited:
(((snowboarder)))<3

Ive recently adopted 2 stray cats, Scuttlebutt and Piewhackit. Scuttlebutts an overweight tabby, very friendly but high strung. Piewhackit showed signs of abuse he was malnourished and had wounds. Hes now healthy and strong, with a glossy coat, and his wounds were treated. Theyre a valued part of the family.

Those names!! LOL =D

Thanks, i try to give my pets names that reflect their personalities; and they're quite strange cats. Eg piewhackit has taken to sitting in the bathtub n letting the tap drip on his little head. He's almost as weird as me...

GAHHH neversick I love those pics!! Especially the black and white one. Such little cuties.