• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Tattoos to cover track marks... ideas/pics?

Supportive suggestions.

I like liquidityjones's supportive response, as for the I too have long scarring down my arms and would love a great design idea, you being a male the train tracks is a great idea. Regarding moonyham's suggestion...I know I don't like the scars and I definitely would rather explain the tattoo and why I got them them. If the scars are noticed most people aren't familiar with the type and know how they came to be, but the ones that do may or may not have your best intentions. Do something creative or attractive, I've seen hinges on the backs of knees before it looked really cool and at the time I thought very original. Good luck and I would love to see the results. Any design photos for a female would be very much appreciated.

tattoo designs wanted

I'm a female with long scarring on both forearms and would like to see any photos or design drawings of simple tattoos. I've seen ghost like fire flames from the wrists up almost didn't notice them. Maybe some vines with a flower up top. I didn't have any scarring for many years because I used a needle one time only. Times haven't gotten tougher and I've used some over and over, thus my scarring. Suggestions would be very appreciative but drawings or photos would be even more helpful. Full credit to a designer if used. :D

I've seen pictures of people injecting where they have tattoos (not sure if the tattoo came before the habit).

Something small and simple should be enough. A star, religious icon, logo, etc.

Hey y'all..

I'm a tattoo artist and just wanted to throw my two cents worth in. When tattooing 'scarred' up areas, it's a lot more difficult as the ink can disperse into the scarred bits, which isn't good.. I've never seen track marks and aren't sure what they're all about but thought that's something to keep in mind. Best idea is to go chat with your friendly tattooist and they can recommend something :D

As an IVer, my injection spots are covered by pre-existing tattoos, which do hide any little bumps or bruises etc..

As far as designs go, for females you can get japanese cherry blossom flowers, japanese waves, roses etc.. The possibilities are truly endless but finding a quality tattooist to make it look fantastic will be the best advice I can give :p

Mav

if your not 100% sure about getting a tat,my advice is to giveit some time.in my experience ALL but the very worst marks will fade given the correct amount of healing time....

take care!!!!.........

I always wanted to get a red rose to cover mines. Becuz the blood in the barrell of the needle when i register always reminds me of a rose blooming, but theres thorns on a rose that will prick you........

Strangely enough that was always what i thought about it too. The lovely bit of blood in the syringe to let me know im in a vein and i'll soon be okay.

I have no real track marks and certainly nothing that would draw attension to myself so ive no need for a tattoo. I don't think id get one anyway. Im not ashamed of any scars i have.

I may end up getting a small T-Rex or Brontasorus on the crook of my arm. Im a huge sublime fan and poolshark does have a special meaning to me. Sorry to whoever I stole the idea from I njust think it is really badass yet still cryptic enough that people would not automatically know I was an IV user in 15 or 20 years when I settle down and have kids and a career. One question I do have is whether lots of scar tissue will affect the artists ability to work and give good detail on the piece.

do you guys know if the phrase "tying off the dinosaur" is something brad made up or is that really slang people use

I have outlines of stars on my wrist. I went through one of them the other day while doing a hit and it's sort of fucked up the corner of the tattoo!

My dad's best friend when i was a kid had stars on the crooks of his elbows, on one on the back of one of his hands. I was too young to realize why they were there, but I'm pretty sure now that they were for covering tracks since the guy ended up dying from AIDS and he had Hep C too from sharing needles.

I have outlines of stars on my wrist. I went through one of them the other day while doing a hit and it's sort of fucked up the corner of the tattoo!

I suppose getting a tattoo could symbolize that you are truly done with shooting up considering that could happen! Better make sure you are 100% ready to quit!

well I got nautical starts to cover mine.........ever if you get tattoos to cover you can still feel out the veins

aren't nautical stars a bit cookie cutter. I like them and I like cherries but so many people have them that I just couldn't bear getting it.

^ It's an old-school design. Some are indeed tacky, but they look good with a nice piece. I have one on my stomach, but it's surrounded by a lot of other stuff. I also have lovebirds, on my chest, but have X's for eyes, and a circle of stars around their head, like they are knocked out.

cliche tattoos can be cool when you add your own touch to them. Besides, tattoos are for you, so if it's something you want, then who gives a shit how many other folks have them or whatnot.

Some tattoos that "cover" tracks, really just end up making the user look more obvious

i have known IV users who went n got Nautical stars right on their elbow pits to hide the tracks but really the tattoos just gives em away from an even father distance "Hey, i IV drugs"

covering tracks

I am new to this all? can c me using this site 4 lots but originally came here looking 4 Idea's in specific Tattoo's that cover old full on, indented track marks. Full on scaring, and like say a gouge in 1's arm???? Idea,s?

Hey man,

A quick search came up with this thread.

Ill send this over to Drug Culture for you but it will more than likely get closed since threads already exist on this topic.

Homeless ---> Drug Culture

^ Thanks JoshE, I'm going to go ahead and merge the two threads now.