• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Tapering off heroin?

I've always hated alc too n a month being sober out of detox I was pounding beers @ 9-10 am ...we've screwed our feel good parts of our brain w/ drugs man & anything that comes to close to elevating our mood because of that, we turn to...gotta nip in the bud now or atleast try our best, you made it this far I promise u it only gets easier....you quit H in the first place for a reason right...as good as dope makes us feel we still made the decision to quit....I wonder why? When it makes us feel that good....yet so many ppl quit or want to.... it's going to end our lives prematurely man make ppl super sad n never see what life could hve had in store for us...hell if I never got sick I would have never of quit ...if I had endless supply id use till I was dead but the sad truth is...dope habits aren't very sustainable...atleast it wasn't for me & I was using every dollar I had from hustle profits n still wasn't enough...problem for sure dude I been super confused lately too since December, most mornings contemplating whether I can just do a couple oxy or something that way I won't b addicted to dope or my subs anymore n I won't get sick but then my reasoning brain kicks in n tells me I'm most likely going to turn to H and at the least use more $ than I have...it just isn't sustainable. It will get a lot easier once ur passed this depression part I fuckin promise u so much man n dont b put off by me being clean & thinking bout the oxy shit, I've been good a couple years now n these thoughts are only coming up cuz I'm tryin to get off my subs. Had to boost back up to 1/2mg was so close to using on .25mg. You're at the tail end of the toughest part man don't give in now start talking to ppl / making friends that are proud of ur recovery & want to help u & encourage u....ya I'd b happy if my friend came over w/ Coke n shit but at the same time I would also question if he really cared about my wellbeing & would try finding someone I could hang w/ w/o drugs & turn to if I was about to use...just my .02 cents man. Every problem I have in life now is because of the shit I used to put in my body & still do . Just really sucks & would give anything to feel like my old self again or have my old life back. Obv enough to have me type this much to someone I will never meet, right?
I understand. It's much easier give someone else advice and follow it yourself however, and I know this from experience. I tell others not to use opiates but I am *still* addicted to opiates. They're my escape, as drugs in general are, and currently I don't know if I even want to live without drugs. For example I'm drunk right now, coming up on 10+ shots, but I prefer this over being sober any day despite disliking alcohol. I quit heroin, but it has caused me nothing but trouble and I literally cannot understand why I ever wanted to quit to begin with. Hell, I'm laying on the ground drunk typing this. Point being, I don't know how to live life sober, or if I even want to. I keep trying to remember any I quit to begin with so I can stay clean but I cannot think of a reason why I would/should have quit. I've been told I'm just very depressed, but I'm an atheist and a realist in my eyes. After I die I don't believe I'll even remember any of this, and I may hurt people I love by dieing or using but they won't remember any of it either after they die either (just my beliefs, not trying to push my belief on anyone).

I just don't see the point in dropping H at this point. I already went through withdrawals, and yeah they were so bad that I actually tried killing myself, but so what? Heroin really isn't that expensive, it makes me happy, I could easily use half my paycheck to support my habit, and if it makes me happy why is it so bad? Now obviously there must be some reason or I wouldn't have quit to begin with, but I don't see it right now. And if I can't find a reason to stay clean, why do so at all? I really just don't know what to do with my life right now, I'm do utterly confused I can't even describe it. I just...I don't know anymore.

I'm a realist too man & by no means religious or know if I even believe in God...honestly idk what to believe I just keep the possibility open in case. I deff wouldn't want to b suffering for eternity in hell if it does exist tho that's for sure & all I want in life is to feel happy/loved/content so if I knew some place better was awaiting me I'd already be there 100% trust, but being the realist I am I can not say 100% there isn't someplace better than here either...if life is this bad there has to be somewhere better right? I hope atleast, & The thought of even possibly ending up somewhere worse has given me enough strength to make it this far. & if there is a better place which I really fuckin hope lol I don't think I would make it there by killin myself w/ drugs n transferring my pain to my loved ones. Even while they are alive if ur theory is correct they will still have to deal w/ that pain...idk if I want to live my life sober either or if I even can much longer but you deserve the chance to get passed this depression & find out for real what u want, not being influenced by the lack of feel good chems in your brain at this particular moment. You feel energies? I know I do n can tell when ppl r lying or serious n the fact that energy is never destroyed only transferred n the fact that living on this planet seems pretty pointless & futile....I just would try not to rule out the possibility of something better or worse awaiting. Space is endless can't even fathom how big all the planets black holes how everything seems to just fit in life, not my life lol but just things living n trees n shit idk Sry if that was preachy or anything deff not trying to n hate when I see ppl pushin beliefs but I know it can b beneficial sometimes looking @ things w/ a diff perspective. & yes it is easier a lot of the times helping others instead of ourselves but Just see a lot of myself n thoughts I've had in you n know how much of a 360 my life has taken n we need more help than we can get n I just feel for u man for real. I really do wish u the best n no one deserves to suffer like we do Shit gets tiring. I'm tired of runnin from my true self but my true self isn't my "best" or most loving/caring/helping self either. This shit is making us stronger man whether u can see it right now or not. Addiction can be a blessing if u let it. Not too many ppl have the power or insight to help ppl like us but if we make it dude just think of all the ppl in our shoes feelin like how we feel u could help & ease their pain or make them atleast feel less alone....I take it there is fulfillment in something like that n that's y I wana go back to school for addiction counsel or medicine or something , just I started dope @ comm college so I've been hesitant on going back so far which sucks I will soon tho but Everyday we're alive is a fuckin victory for us man , were warriors srsly reg folk got no clue what we go through on the day to day & I didn't believe it when I first got clean n sounded like BS one day at a time but w/ the fuckin monster that is addiction it is true. sry for the book bud just tryin to get through to u w/ the alc n way ur feeling. I would b likely to brush this thread off & not take anything from it which is the opposite of what should happen, there is a lot of good advice in here & ppl who care what happens to you. For real.

And just for instance I was debating whether to use or not today & now I'm glad that I didn't . Because I wouldn't have come on here offerin my support to someone who really needs some. maybe I'd have come on n been like yaaaaas get fucked up lol seriously though....& something else to ponder about I know u said u couldn't afford a pup earlier w/ the feeding n everything else but notice how quick addict brain is to convince u u could afford a dope habit? It is much cheaper & more beneficial for my soul to b around my bestfriend everyday...if you look enough I can't imagine u couldn't find a pup for more expense then a dope habit lol shelters n ppl moving n shit dog pages on FB could get 1 cheap or even free if someone's moving or dog needs home or will b euthanized u kno...never knew I was a dog person always grew up in duplex or appt so thought I was cat person cuz all we could have then I got my pup n realized I was dog person lol

Last edited:
I'm a realist too man & by no means religious or know if I even believe in God...honestly idk what to believe I just keep the possibility open in case. I deff wouldn't want to b suffering for eternity in hell if it does exist tho that's for sure & all I want in life is to feel happy/loved/content so if I knew some place better was awaiting me I'd already be there 100% trust, but being the realist I am I can not say 100% there isn't someplace better than here either...if life is this bad there has to be somewhere better right? I hope atleast, & The thought of even possibly ending up somewhere worse has given me enough strength to make it this far. & if there is a better place which I really fuckin hope lol I don't think I would make it there by killin myself w/ drugs n transferring my pain to my loved ones. Even while they are alive if ur theory is correct they will still have to deal w/ that pain...idk if I want to live my life sober either or if I even can much longer but you deserve the chance to get passed this depression & find out for real what u want, not being influenced by the lack of feel good chems in your brain at this particular moment. You feel energies? I know I do n can tell when ppl r lying or serious n the fact that energy is never destroyed only transferred n the fact that living on this planet seems pretty pointless & futile....I just would try not to rule out the possibility of something better or worse awaiting. Space is endless can't even fathom how big all the planets black holes how everything seems to just fit in life, not my life lol but just things living n trees n shit idk Sry if that was preachy or anything deff not trying to n hate when I see ppl pushin beliefs but I know it can b beneficial sometimes looking @ things w/ a diff perspective. & yes it is easier a lot of the times helping others instead of ourselves but Just see a lot of myself n thoughts I've had in you n know how much of a 360 my life has taken n we need more help than we can get n I just feel for u man for real. I really do wish u the best n no one deserves to suffer like we do Shit gets tiring. I'm tired of runnin from my true self but my true self isn't my "best" or most loving/caring/helping self either. This shit is making us stronger man whether u can see it right now or not. Addiction can be a blessing if u let it. Not too many ppl have the power or insight to help ppl like us but if we make it dude just think of all the ppl in our shoes feelin like how we feel u could help & ease their pain or make them atleast feel less alone....I take it there is fulfillment in something like that n that's y I wana go back to school for addiction counsel or medicine or something , just I started dope @ comm college so I've been hesitant on going back so far which sucks I will soon tho but Everyday we're alive is a fuckin victory for us man , were warriors srsly reg folk got no clue what we go through on the day to day & I didn't believe it when I first got clean n sounded like BS one day at a time but w/ the fuckin monster that is addiction it is true. sry for the book bud just tryin to get through to u w/ the alc n way ur feeling. I would b likely to brush this thread off & not take anything from it which is the opposite of what should happen, there is a lot of good advice in here & ppl who care what happens to you. For real.
It didn't sound preachy to me. Now, I can say that I am still not capable of believing in something better out there. I'm a realist like I said, and I was pursuing a career as a scientist at one point so I really do put most of my money on things I can observe and see. The truth of the matter is that I can't rule out what I can't prove, true, but just because I can't prove something doesn't exist by no means should go to say that it does or is even possible. I'm going to just stay away from that matter in general, it's a touchy topic that always brings up arguments and as much as I love to argue with people I simply don't have the energy to do so right now.

As for the whole drunken thing earlier (still a little buzzed), well...gotta love truth serum I guess. That's the first time I've drank so much that I was throwing up drunk, which never happens because alcoholism runs in my family so I have a pretty high natural tolerance. That's pretty much how I'm feeling right now though. I've made it past physical withdrawals, but I am still without a doubt experiencing PAWS. I'm depressed, anxious, and struggling to get a grip on reality right now. I simply cannot live life sober right now. I don't know how to. I don't know if I want to. I find it hard to remember a time better than when I was on something. And it's strange, because I hang out with people almost every day, and I never feel this way while with them, but the second they're out the door or I leave I turn to drugging myself out of reality. I tried going a day without any drugs and all, and I ended up laying awake in bed the entire night. Not a single hour of sleep, and the next day was terrible so I started using benzos again to sleep. I've been thinking about antidepressant medication, but with the drugs I've done I don't know if they'd even help. It's to the point that I don't even have enough motivation to smoke week, simply because it's too much work. I'd rather pop a couple pills and sleep a quarter of my day away, and pop a few more at night to do the same. I'd rather smoke a point of heroin and sleep my day away than do something else, such as work on my broken/wrecked motorcycle.

This has pretty much turned into a rant, and I know there isn't much help you guys can offer me at this point which makes it even worse. Suicidal thoughts have been present, but I doubt I'd be courageous enough to actually try to kill myself again like I did during withdrawals. Like I said in the earlier drunken post, I just don't know what to do right now. I'm happy using, I'm told I'll be happier clean, I used to be happier clean I think, I know I'm depressed but I don't know what to do about it. Fuck, I just don't know.

Is it considered a relapse/reset in how many days I've been clean if I accidentally took a single percoset while I was drunk?

Is it considered a relapse/reset in how many days I've been clean if I accidentally took a single percoset while I was drunk?
No high, no feeling from it at all. Not that I expected there to be, I don't know why I even took it. So I guess I'll just forget that happened.

"Clean" is what it is to you.

Some people wouldn't consider you clean at all as you are still using other drugs/ drinking

Some people consider themselves clean as long as they abstain from their drug of choice ( or the one that gets them in trouble)

Some people consider themselves clean if they don't use needles or only smoke weed or only take drugs that are prescribed to them

Some people are hard core and only consider themselves clean if they don't touch any mind altering substance at all for any reason

But what's important is what *you* think. If your goal is to not get high on opiates/heroin then I would say your streak is intact. If your goal is to never ingest an opiate/opioid under any circumstance, then you've reset

For what it's worth, in the long run, the only one who you have to answer to is in the mirror. But also for what it's worth, I think you're doing a good job as far as leaving the opiates alone.

I agree with those saying to buy some Kratom and taper off. You said you couldn't afford it but you can get a single ounce of kratom with shipping for less than than the cost of a single 0.1g bag of dope. Not that I've ever tried or bought dope, but I've read enough online posts to have a good idea of dope pricing.

Get yourself 500g for not much more than a half gram from a bulk domestic kratom vendor and begin your taper. I tried to be as vague as possible, the only reason I brought up these vague price comparisons was in the interest of HR to show him how cheap kratom can be so he can stop buying heroin. Best of luck to you, man. :)

^ he already detoxed. No longer has a dependence.

Your advice may help someone else, but really, that a why its kind of a pet peeve of mine when people respond to a title without bothering to read at least some of the thread. He actually detoxed like 3 weeks ago, most of the thread is follow up questions.

"Clean" is what it is to you.

Some people wouldn't consider you clean at all as you are still using other drugs/ drinking

Some people consider themselves clean as long as they abstain from their drug of choice ( or the one that gets them in trouble)

Some people consider themselves clean if they don't use needles or only smoke weed or only take drugs that are prescribed to them

Some people are hard core and only consider themselves clean if they don't touch any mind altering substance at all for any reason

But what's important is what *you* think. If your goal is to not get high on opiates/heroin then I would say your streak is intact. If your goal is to never ingest an opiate/opioid under any circumstance, then you've reset

For what it's worth, in the long run, the only one who you have to answer to is in the mirror. But also for what it's worth, I think you're doing a good job as far as leaving the opiates alone.
That makes a lot of sense actually, so I guess I'd consider myself 15 days clean at this point. As for alcohol and other drugs, I'm about to run out of alcohol as well as sleeping pills so I might end up clean off those as well. I doubt it, like I said earlier living sober sucks, but we'll see.

^ he already detoxed. No longer has a dependence.

Your advice may help someone else, but really, that a why its kind of a pet peeve of mine when people respond to a title without bothering to read at least some of the thread. He actually detoxed like 3 weeks ago, most of the thread is follow up questions.
Yeah, I figured it'd be easier to just continue to reuse this thread than make a new one every time something happens, hope that's alright. I'm 15 days clean, which is good, and I honestly couldn't afford more hear right now if I wanted to.

Strangest thing happened last night though, I haven't been having any dreams since going through WD, but last night I did. In the dream I injected some heroin, and I'm not going to lie the feeling was breathtaking, unbelievable...probably 10x better than actual heroin and I've never even injected. Really, really isn't helping with my struggle to start using again...

Damn I wish I could explain the feeling, it literally took my breath away it was just so amazing. And at 15 days clean I have been thinking about it much less, so that was strange.

I dream hardcore whenever I abstain either from opiates or weed/oil, hate it lol they're usually dreams of me bein killed or using. Deff off putting. "Clean" really only matters to you I agree. I consider myself clean because I haven't touched opiates in 3 yrs & that is what did me in. I still take my daily sub dose , do Coke/benzo on occasion (New Years & cple X w/ girl this summer, for example) smoke weed or oil everyday...if I liked drinking I would drink n still consider myself "sober" "clean" because I know those substances aren't my DOC & hold almost no power over me compared to my DOC, and being the addicts we are I like to treat myself here n there, always loved drugs n will always have a place in my heart as F'd up as that sounds, makes sobriety or the idea of sobriety a little easier I.m.o. u don't have to give up everything forever but at same time have to eliminate the thing that's destroying our lives...hope ur feelin atleast lil better today bud

I dream hardcore whenever I abstain either from opiates or weed/oil, hate it lol they're usually dreams of me bein killed or using. Deff off putting. "Clean" really only matters to you I agree. I consider myself clean because I haven't touched opiates in 3 yrs & that is what did me in. I still take my daily sub dose , do Coke/benzo on occasion (New Years & cple X w/ girl this summer, for example) smoke weed or oil everyday...if I liked drinking I would drink n still consider myself "sober" "clean" because I know those substances aren't my DOC & hold almost no power over me compared to my DOC, and being the addicts we are I like to treat myself here n there, always loved drugs n will always have a place in my heart as F'd up as that sounds, makes sobriety or the idea of sobriety a little easier I.m.o. u don't have to give up everything forever but at same time have to eliminate the thing that's destroying our lives...hope ur feelin atleast lil better today bud
Yeah, in another thread I started I realized this. I also plan on possibly picking up some more heroin after I get my coke, but I'll have a different outlook for sure.

Suboxone if you can get it. But honestly there isn't a lot that's going to help that won't just make it worse or give you an excuse not to quit (ie, tapering heroin w heroin) all together...

If you're serious about quitting you have to commit to accepting a few weeks of feeling like a sack of frozen garbage. And submit to that, fully. That's really all you can do. That being said there is no way you can't do it. You absolutely can do it.