• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Tapering off heroin?

I would honestly be more than happy just to get rid of the opiates for a bit. I agree sobriety i just not for me, but I don't like the control the opiates have over me. Every other drug I've been able to pick up and put down at will

I just pm'ed you

I would honestly be more than happy just to get rid of the opiates for a bit. I agree sobriety i just not for me, but I don't like the control the opiates have over me. Every other drug I've been able to pick up and put down at will

I just pm'ed you
I responded.

And yeah, opiates are the only drug I've ever encountered that really had a grip on my life. I've had no problem stopping benzos, psychsdelics, stimulants (haven't don't meth, or coke (yet), but i used to snort adderall ir). So it is nice being sober from opiates, but at the same time I do like opiates...

I just pm'ed you

Honestly, when I was in severe Heroin withdrawal, before I ended up in the ER, I had a stash of 2mg Alprazolam bars, and 5mg Diazepam tablets.
I took 4mg of Alprazolam, and 25mg of Diazepam, and they barely touched me.
They only did what they were supposed to do, kill the anxiety. But my anxiety was still pretty high.
I thought I would be able to go through the withdrawal with the help of some good benzos. BOY was I wrong.
Yawning wide enough to bruise my jaws, my legs were flapping around like jello (RLS) in extreme pain, skin was crawling out of me, vomiting and shitting every last bit of liquid I had in my body, then came the stomach bile acid, the whole 9 yards of a SEVERE opiate withdrawal.
I had no choice but to call an ambulance. My skin was turning yellow, and my lips were turning blue.
When the peramedics arrived to my house, they said "you're lucky you called us on time, you're severely dehydrated that could've possibly killed you or put you into a coma"

They immediately put me on IV fluids, Zofran for Nausea, Loperamide for diarrhea, and a 10mg Norco to help with pain, it didn't even TOUCH my withdrawal.
They said that's the most they can give without a doctors orders.
So I got to the ER, got admitted in less than 5 minutes, while the waiting time on average is 6 to 8 hours, it was that bad.

Then the Doctor ordered me meds that literally saved my life.
30mg Morphine, 2mg Ativan, 50mg Promethazine, 0.1mg Clonodine every 4 hours all IV.
Stayed there from Friday night to Monday morning. Since my insurance didn't cover rehab, I had to go and get admitted to a MMT (Methadone maintenance therapy) program, and Monday morning was the earliest the Methadone doctor would be available. My doctors and RN's were SO cool the way they took care of me.
My RN actually drove me to the MMT clinic, and stayed there with me throughout the whole process to get admitted to the program.
It took over 5 hours, and the RN even drove me back home. It was awesome, they knew I was dope sick, and still managed to take care of me like that.

I've decided that I'm going to start bodybuilding again instead of wasting my life with drugs 24/7. We'll see how that goes. After drugs and withdrawals I've lost years of work and weight though. :(

SS: That is awesome!!! What a healthy and productive use of your time!!

Bodybuilders are some of the worst poly drug users I have ever known lol, I know cos that was me for years. Started out as a 58 kilo skinny kid - put on 40 kilos @ 6% fat over about 2 years and that was taking it slow, never used GH or insulin but Testosterone, Nandrolone and EQ were my drugs - Until my body started to deteriorate. Had to slow down, it was the diet that hurt me more than the steroids.....it's a punishing game, the original extreme sport. Of course, it doesn't have to be like that but I am a man of extremes and always have been, if I get into something I really get into it. I've matured in some areas of my life but not others it seems.

Great work on the clean time from opiates SS, WELL DONE.

Bodybuilders are some of the worst poly drug users I have ever known lol, I know cos that was me for years. Started out as a 58 kilo skinny kid - put on 40 kilos @ 6% fat over about 2 years and that was taking it slow, never used GH or insulin but Testosterone, Nandrolone and EQ were my drugs - Until my body started to deteriorate. Had to slow down, it was the diet that hurt me more than the steroids.....it's a punishing game, the original extreme sport. Of course, it doesn't have to be like that but I am a man of extremes and always have been, if I get into something I really get into it. I've matured in some areas of my life but not others it seems.

Great work on the clean time from opiates SS, WELL DONE.
I too was the skinny 110lb kid. A couple years of working out and I was 155lbs, but now I'm back down to 120lbs. I do intend to use steroids for a short while until I can get back to where I once was, whenever that may be, but i wouldn't consider a steroid to be in the same category as opiates and other drugs I abuse because at least I'd be doing something with my time on the drug. Improving, not laying down wasting away.

^Oh for sure. I love Hormones, nothing beats depression like elevated testosterone.

I too was the skinny 110lb kid. A couple years of working out and I was 155lbs, but now I'm back down to 120lbs. I do intend to use steroids for a short while until I can get back to where I once was, whenever that may be, but i wouldn't consider a steroid to be in the same category as opiates and other drugs I abuse because at least I'd be doing something with my time on the drug. Improving, not laying down wasting away.

I just wouldn't bother. I've seen steroids completely ruin the long term health of several close friends. I had to escape the gymlife since it was too uncomfortable for me to watch other make the same mistakes. Calisthenics and running keeps me ticking over perfectly fine.

But anyway, I've been watching your progress OP, and I'm glad you're doing better.

I just wouldn't bother. I've seen steroids completely ruin the long term health of several close friends. I had to escape the gymlife since it was too uncomfortable for me to watch other make the same mistakes. Calisthenics and running keeps me ticking over perfectly fine.

But anyway, I've been watching your progress OP, and I'm glad you're doing better.
Too late, I've already bought a month's worth of dbol so I might as well go through one cycle. And yeah, I am starting to feel better. A little more motivated too!

So last night was the first night I've tried sleeping without Etizolam. Not. A. Single. Hour. It's been two weeks since I relapsed (aka 2 weeks clean from H), how long before I can finally sleep naturally...?.

Prolly not long after you start working out if the roids don't keep you up

Last edited:
Isn using Etizolam perhaps why I can't sleep without it now? I take 1.2mg/night to sleep, which isn't a lot. I'll take 2.4mg some nights.

And some nights you take half the bottle. Time to switch to NyQuil
That was once, in my lifetime I've only ever consumed a total of probably 90mg of Etizolam. I never really got into other benzos, I've taken Valium twice (recreationally), same for Xanax.

If it was me I wouldn't expect to be sleeping very well either, after coming off H & not having sleeping pills anymore...love both but refuse to take sleeping pills because I know how I will sleep for awhile w/o them....the comedown after a nights worth of Coke sucks...but 2 1mg kpins completely killed that suck on NYE & had me out like a baby lol. Coke real more-ish prob will want to keep sniffing lines after you've run out n will feel like shit w/o benz...won't do Coke if I got nuttin for the comedown not really worth it to me

If it was me I wouldn't expect to be sleeping very well either, after coming off H & not having sleeping pills anymore...love both but refuse to take sleeping pills because I know how I will sleep for awhile w/o them....the comedown after a nights worth of Coke sucks...but 2 1mg kpins completely killed that suck on NYE & had me out like a baby lol. Coke real more-ish prob will want to keep sniffing lines after you've run out n will feel like shit w/o benz...won't do Coke if I got nuttin for the comedown not really worth it to me
I've got a gram of coke I'm splitting with a friend (both will be our first times using coke), and I do have some Etizolam. I'm thinking about switching to heroin again honestly, that way I can at least get some sleep and I'll have something to fill my day with again. Up until now I've been using Etizolam, alcohol (I don't mix the two. Tried it once, blacked out), or weed to preoccupy myself. I'm struggling to understand why I quit to begin with. I've spent more money on other drugs to keep my mind busy recently than I did on heroin. Hell, I don't know if it's a good thing but I've gone from shivering after taking even a shot of vodka (hated alcohol that much) to now being able to chug half a bottle of whiskey. Accomplishment or problem? I'm not sure. I really don't know where I'm at in life right now honestly, I've been so confused lately.

Last edited:
I've always hated alc too n a month being sober out of detox I was pounding beers @ 9-10 am ...we've screwed our feel good parts of our brain w/ drugs man & anything that comes to close to elevating our mood because of that, we turn to...gotta nip in the bud now or atleast try our best, you made it this far I promise u it only gets easier....you quit H in the first place for a reason right...as good as dope makes us feel we still made the decision to quit....I wonder why? When it makes us feel that good....yet so many ppl quit or want to.... it's going to end our lives prematurely man make ppl super sad n never see what life could hve had in store for us...hell if I never got sick I would have never of quit ...if I had endless supply id use till I was dead but the sad truth is...dope habits aren't very sustainable...atleast it wasn't for me & I was using every dollar I had from hustle profits n still wasn't enough...problem for sure dude I been super confused lately too since December, most mornings contemplating whether I can just do a couple oxy or something that way I won't b addicted to dope or my subs anymore n I won't get sick but then my reasoning brain kicks in n tells me I'm most likely going to turn to H and at the least use more $ than I have...it just isn't sustainable. It will get a lot easier once ur passed this depression part I fuckin promise u so much man n dont b put off by me being clean & thinking bout the oxy shit, I've been good a couple years now n these thoughts are only coming up cuz I'm tryin to get off my subs. Had to boost back up to 1/2mg was so close to using on .25mg. You're at the tail end of the toughest part man don't give in now start talking to ppl / making friends that are proud of ur recovery & want to help u & encourage u....ya I'd b happy if my friend came over w/ Coke n shit but at the same time I would also question if he really cared about my wellbeing & would try finding someone I could hang w/ w/o drugs & turn to if I was about to use...just my .02 cents man. Every problem I have in life now is because of the shit I used to put in my body & still do . Just really sucks & would give anything to feel like my old self again or have my old life back. Obv enough to have me type this much to someone I will never meet, right?