"Tap-Out" Button?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. I mean literally all of my friends/family know I'm on bluelight (I promote this site to everyone!) but nobody knows my credentials such that they could make a PW change.

Just if you see me posting in TDS/H&R/MH, and something seems off, maybe shoot me a kind PM asking if everything is ok before issuing me a point? Just that, well, while I come off as certain way 99% of the time on here, there's that 1% that I'm hiding, and that 1% is a HUGE PERCENT. Like I have hardcore PTSD issues, I have hardcore depression/bi-polar issues. Like, I have a lot of issues. That said, I have a tendency to act as if everything is peachy-keen all the time, it's a coping mechanism. So yeah....
I understand mate, I really do. But a lot of us here have the same issues. It's still up to you to regulate your own behaviour. If you can feel yourself going in to nuisance-mode, step away from the computer and go do something else. You've still gotta be held accountable for your actions even if you are wasted. The same applies to everyone else on the site.

I understand mate, I really do. But a lot of us here have the same issues. It's still up to you to regulate your own behaviour. If you can feel yourself going in to nuisance-mode, step away from the computer and go do something else. You've still gotta be held accountable for your actions even if you are wasted. The same applies to everyone else on the site.
Those kind of realisations -> decisions -> actions require working Executive Function….

Or how about this? How about once you get banned you are only confined to posting in an a single "I need help" thread?

I get it, this issue doesn't come up that often, but what happens when Bluelight gets mentioned on 60Minutes and blows up to hell-and-beyond? I mean it's only a matter of time... @negrogesic
Mate.......Bluelight has been around for 20+ years and it has yet to "blow up to hell and beyond". Bluelight is not, has never been, and never will be held responsible for its member's actions.

If a Bluelight member feels they need help, they should seek the correct avenues for getting help, e.g. calling 911, or a suicide hotline in their area, or calling a friend/relative who can help, etc.

Those kind of realisations -> decisions -> actions require working Executive Function….

That is a fair comment. It still doesn't mean the site should be making special allowances for certain individuals.

That is a fair comment. It still doesn't mean the site should be making special allowances for certain individuals.
I agree. Justice and mercy should be accorded all members equally. Of course I have no idea how the staff deal with reported posts and temp banning people but if a high profille member with a long rap sheet volunteers that he has no issue being locked put for his own good perhaps the staff don’t need a lengthy meeting to achieve consensus to bounce him for a while.

The problem in this case though is that no-one can distinguish normal @acklac7 from troubled/crisis @acklac7. It is all the same salad.

Problem posters bounce themselves by posting material that they have been warned about ad nauseum. Unfortunately when they come back they continue the same behavior. They insist on doing as they please and torpedoes be damned...full speed ahead. So it results in longer and longer bans.

Some people only get 1 point in their entire career but that one point was enough for them to cease and desist their problematic postings. Others get ban after ban and still continue their behavior. Some learn, some don't.

If we like and enjoy posting on BL than we comply with it's rules. If we don't give a fuck we continue to disrupt the forum for everyone. It's always a choice. Immature people stomp their feet, whine and rebel against the rules. Mature people take criticism and apply it to their behavior.

All we can do here is sort through the weeds and the chaff and try to make it pleasant for all members. Luckily, MOST on here are really great contributors of harm reduction and life advice.

Or you know, there are browser add-ons that can self exclude you for periods of time, usually used for studying but could also be used for pretending to be in the CIA.

The amount of work to add a time out button to a board like this would not be worth the payoff imo. These type of message boards that have been patch upgraded over 20 years tend to be a nightmare to work on.

Is there some sort of button I can press when I've been drinking too much that will ban me for 24 hours, without getting a point?

Reason I ask is the last few times I've been banned it's due to excessive drinking, and I know I'm going to get in trouble. Hell, last time I even asked to get myself banned before I got into trouble but it didn't work out and I got pointed/banned by @n3ophy7e before someone saw my post asking to be intentionally banned for 24hours (No hard feelings btw, @n3ophy7e).

So, say I've been trying to drink my mania away all night and I know I'm about to get into trouble, is there a button I can push that will ban me for 24hours without getting a point? (as I'm really getting up there in points, now).

Last but not least, and you all need to hear this: Even if/when I get banned I hold no grudges; I still promote bluelight to anyone and everyone I know with nothing but postivite things to say, as I believe it is a great site!
You should be able to confess your shit.

Banning anybody would be prohibited to people that cross the line. But if you having problem's with your drinking and the way it affect's your response's imo it should be considered as it is. He is drunk and as such behaves kinda off.

We should be open to that. banning seems like a bit over the top.

Just if you see me posting in TDS/H&R/MH, and something seems off, maybe shoot me a kind PM asking if everything is ok before issuing me a point?

so bluelight staff should treat all users one way but make you a special case and treat you differently? that's you making your behavior somebody else's problem...

alasdair

when you're at a bar, and after they throw you out a couple times for acting a fool, they usually just won't let you in at all after that

same deal

Is there some sort of button I can press when I've been drinking too much that will ban me for 24 hours, without getting a point?

Reason I ask is the last few times I've been banned it's due to excessive drinking, and I know I'm going to get in trouble. Hell, last time I even asked to get myself banned before I got into trouble but it didn't work out and I got pointed/banned by @n3ophy7e before someone saw my post asking to be intentionally banned for 24hours (No hard feelings btw, @n3ophy7e).

So, say I've been trying to drink my mania away all night and I know I'm about to get into trouble, is there a button I can push that will ban me for 24hours without getting a point? (as I'm really getting up there in points, now).

Last but not least, and you all need to hear this: Even if/when I get banned I hold no grudges; I still promote bluelight to anyone and everyone I know with nothing but postivite things to say, as I believe it is a great site!
This isn't exactly protocol, but buddy if you'd like to be banned for a short period of time before getting yourself in trouble, just ask and I'll put you on the 48 hour time out. You only have one get out of jail free card though, I'm not gonna do it all the time.

This thread has gone wildly off topic so I'm going to go ahead and close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.