"Tap-Out" Button?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think just about everyone here does. or did at some point at in their life

it's not an excuse to break the BLUA
I get it.

Say I'm getting to an inference where I can't make rational decision(s) anymore: it would be great to hit the "Tap-Out" button and get banned for 24hours such that I can sober up (and become responsible) before accruing a point.

I think the point system is a great tool, but do we really want to point members who aren't in the right frame of mind and voluntarily want to remove themselves from the discussion for 24 hours such that they don't accrue additional points and get banned for months?

but do we really want to point members who aren't in the right frame of mind and voluntarily want to remove themselves from the discussion for 24 hours such that they don't get banned for months?
with this logic, you could extend it people who are sober but still not in the 'right frame of mind'. someone in a manic episode might meet this criteria, for example. if this person regularly has manic episodes where they consistently break the BLUA, then point accrual might be beneficial in that case.

i'm not so sure the consequences should be different just because one is drug induced and one isn't

with this logic, you could extend it people who are sober but still not in the 'right frame of mind'. someone in a manic episode might meet this criteria, for example. if this person regularly has manic episodes where they consistently break the BLUA, then point accrual might be beneficial in that case.

i'm not so sure the consequences should be different just because one is drug induced and one isn't
But to punish someone for a manic episode, though? Is that right? Especially if someone knows they're in the midst of a manic episode and needs help?

What about this! What about a "I NEED HELP" button that members could push that auto-generates a "I NEED HELP" post in the Mental Health forum where other members could respond appropriately? What about that!?

Good Idea? Y/N?

But to punish someone for a manic episode, though? Is that right? Especially if someone knows they're in the midst of a manic episode and needs help?

What about this! What about a "I NEED HELP" button that members could push that auto-generates a "I NEED HELP" post in the Mental Health forum where other members could respond appropriately? What about that!?

Good Idea? Y/N?
i don't know if punish is the right word. regardless of someone's mental state, they don't have a right to inflict harm (e.g. insults, spam, etc.) on others

if i'm manic and bust down my neighbor's door, i'm not absolved of responsibility because of the mania.

sure an easy way to ask for help is a good thing. but i'm unsure if this would differ significantly from the existing help threads in our recovery forums

i don't know if punish is the right word. regardless of someone's mental state, they don't have a right to inflict harm (e.g. insults, spam, etc.) on others

if i'm manic and bust down my neighbor's door, i'm not absolved of responsibility because of the mania.

sure an easy way to ask for help is a good thing. but i'm unsure if this would differ significantly from the existing help threads in our recovery forums
I think I speak for the masses when I say our user base might not be in our "right mind" sometimes. I mean, hell, we're often all kinds of fucked-up, right? Pressing a "Help Button" is often times easier then creating a post when one is fuckered up to hell-and-beyond.

I think I speak for the masses when I say our user base might not be in our "right mind" sometimes. I mean, hell, we're often all kinds of fucked-up, right? Pressing a "Help Button" is often times easier then creating a post when one is fuckered up to hell-and-beyond.
you might be right.

but ultimately, it's not my decision so i'm gonna leave it at that i think

Maybe a public “knock-out” button would be better than a personal “tap-out” button. Like, if say 10 people hit your “knock-out” button per hour you are automatically and democratically ejected from the site for 24 hours. Consensus, real-time, community modding.

Or how about this? How about once you get banned you are only confined to posting in an a single "I need help" thread?

I get it, this issue doesn't come up that often, but what happens when Bluelight gets mentioned on 60Minutes and blows up to hell-and-beyond? I mean it's only a matter of time... @negrogesic

With such a secretive agency, you ever wanted if they resented keeping all their secrets "secret"? You ever wanted if deep-down-inside they wanted some of their secrets to become public, but by law, by their oath, they couldn't allow it?

I mean think about it, what if they knew the secret to evolution, what if they knew the secret(s) to Homo-Sapiens getting to the next level. What if they wanted to let everyone know, but by law, by their charter, they couldn't allow it. That would suck, wouldn't it? Like, you want to help people, but you can't. You have to keep it secret. That would suck bigtime, wouldn't it?
No because the american general public have short memories unlike foreign state sponsored adversaries

Besides, would you really want China, North Korea and various terrorist organisations knowing the secret to evolution?

Maybe a public “knock-out” button would be better than a personal “tap-out” button. Like, if say 10 people hit your “knock-out” button per hour you are automatically and democratically ejected from the site for 24 hours. Consensus, real-time, community modding.
I could see a feature like this being abused

Besides, would you really want China, North Korea and various terrorist organisations knowing the secret to evolution?
Yes. That way there's a "Universal Intelligence"

That way there's no control over the World...

While I do love me some Coke, it's the most worthless fucking drug to do IMO. It's so cut to shit, at least up here in the Midwest. If I could get some real coke off @nznity or @plumbus-nine, good-god, I would be all over it! As it stands I'll pass on the 40% pure crap we get up here, yeah, I'm good on that.

Speaking of which, have you heard of this REC stuff? Holy Shit! If I wind up becoming a go-zillioniare I'm definitely going to become an REC addict! This shit sounds AMAZING!

Dude, like u said the drug that passes as cocaine these days is fucking stomped to the fuck powder. And tbh also good cocaine has the most retarded and overrated high from all drugs....wanting more cocaine...., that's the illusion cocaine gives you. That this time you're gonna enjoy it but there's no true euphoria, the only stupid effect from doing cocaine Is wanting more cocaine.

Yes. That way there's a "Universal Intelligence"

That way there's no control over the World...
There would still be control, possibly even more powerful than it is now

Ever heard of money?

20 people died in Brazil the other day from tainted coke - i’d be staying the fuck away from it no matter who the source - even if it didn’t turn most people into douchebags while corroding their heart muscles.

Status
Not open for further replies.