"Tap-Out" Button?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acklac7

Ex-Bluelighter
Is there some sort of button I can press when I've been drinking too much that will ban me for 24 hours, without getting a point?

Reason I ask is the last few times I've been banned it's due to excessive drinking, and I know I'm going to get in trouble. Hell, last time I even asked to get myself banned before I got into trouble but it didn't work out and I got pointed/banned by @n3ophy7e before someone saw my post asking to be intentionally banned for 24hours (No hard feelings btw, @n3ophy7e).

So, say I've been trying to drink my mania away all night and I know I'm about to get into trouble, is there a button I can push that will ban me for 24hours without getting a point? (as I'm really getting up there in points, now).

Last but not least, and you all need to hear this: Even if/when I get banned I hold no grudges; I still promote bluelight to anyone and everyone I know with nothing but postivite things to say, as I believe it is a great site!

Last edited:
OR you could just pay Bluelight to arrange for your account to be blocked from viewing and accessing harm reduction sub-forums until all your points expire

Last edited:
Like say today/tonight for example: I can honestly say I've been a rather productive member of bluelight for the past 48 hours. But tonight? This is looking like one of those nights where I might get shitfaced and do something stupid. Doesn't happen very often, but about once, maybe twice a week I tend to get drunker than all living fuck and do/say something stupid. It would be nice if there was some button I could push to temp. ban me for 24hours, knowing that if I continued down the path I was on I would likely get pointed and then banned for a month+ as a result.

Like say today/tonight for example: I can honestly say I've been a rather productive member of bluelight for the past 48 hours. But tonight? This is looking like one of those nights where I might get shitfaced and do something stupid. Doesn't happen very often, but about once, maybe twice a week I tend to get drunker than all living fuck and do/say something stupid. It would be nice if there was some button I could push to temp. ban me for 24hours, knowing that if I continued down the path I was on I would likely get pointed and then banned for a month+ as a result.
Keep some cocaine on hand for when you're getting too drunk

Also your profile should list all your infractions and when they expire

Keep some cocaine on hand for when you're getting too drunk
While I do love me some Coke, it's the most worthless fucking drug to do IMO. It's so cut to shit, at least up here in the Midwest. If I could get some real coke off @nznity or @plumbus-nine, good-god, I would be all over it! As it stands I'll pass on the 40% pure crap we get up here, yeah, I'm good on that.

Speaking of which, have you heard of this REC stuff? Holy Shit! If I wind up becoming a go-zillioniare I'm definitely going to become an REC addict! This shit sounds AMAZING!

But seriously, though. I'm trying to get hired-on at the CIA full-time. And I have to be illicit drug-free for a year. So yeah, NO MORE "DRUGS".
Hired on as what exactly?

You've repeatedly exposed yourself online it's hard to imagine such a secretive agency hiring you unless they wanted to use you to spread disinformation

call me crazy but you could try acting like a big boy, taking personal responsibility and not making your behavior somebody else's problem?

give that a shot.

alasdair

Hired on as what exactly?
Printer Boy. Seriously.
You've repeatedly exposed yourself online it's hard to imagine such a secretive agency hiring you unless they wanted to use you to spread disinformation
With such a secretive agency, you ever wanted if they resented keeping all their secrets "secret"? You ever wanted if deep-down-inside they wanted some of their secrets to become public, but by law, by their oath, they couldn't allow it?

I mean think about it, what if they knew the secret to evolution, what if they knew the secret(s) to Homo-Sapiens getting to the next level. What if they wanted to let everyone know, but by law, by their charter, they couldn't allow it. That would suck, wouldn't it? Like, you want to help people, but you can't. You have to keep it secret. That would suck bigtime, wouldn't it?

Last edited:
xi0hrEq.jpg

call me crazy but you could try acting like a big boy, taking personal responsibility and not making your behavior somebody else's problem?

give that a shot.

alasdair
Your opinion is definitely one I respect, don't get me wrong.

That said, I'm trying to take responsibility, I'm trying to make it my problem, not someone else's. When I get too drunk? I simply press a button and I'm gone for 24 hours until I sober up. I'm taking ownership of my problem before it becomes somebody else's.

Is there some sort of button I can press when I've been drinking too much that will ban me for 24 hours, without getting a point?

Reason I ask is the last few times I've been banned it's due to excessive drinking, and I know I'm going to get in trouble. Hell, last time I even asked to get myself banned before I got into trouble but it didn't work out and I got banned/pointed by @n3ophy7e before someone saw my post asking to be intentionally banned for 24hours (No hard feelings btw, @n3ophy7e).

So, say I've been trying to drink my mania away all night and I know I'm about to get into trouble, is there a button I can push that will ban me for 24hours without getting a point? (as I'm really getting up there in points, now).

Last but not least, and you all need to hear this: Even if/when I get banned I hold no grudges; I still promote bluelight to anyone and everyone I know with nothing but postivite things to say, as I believe it is a great site!
Generally it's pretty much up to you to make the decision to avoid using Bluelight if you know you're too intoxicated and you're going to get in trouble. You're still responsible for your behaviour if you're drunk/high. Something that others have done in similar situations, is if you're gonna get wasted and can't control yourself, get a friend or family member to change your password for you and not tell you what it is until you've sobered up. Is that an option?

Generally it's pretty much up to you to make the decision to avoid using Bluelight if you know you're too intoxicated and you're going to get in trouble. You're still responsible for your behaviour if you're drunk/high. Something that others have done in similar situations, is if you're gonna get wasted and can't control yourself, get a friend or family member to change your password for you and not tell you what it is until you've sobered up. Is that an option?
Not really. I mean literally all of my friends/family know I'm on bluelight (I promote this site to everyone!) but nobody knows my credentials such that they could make a PW change.

Just if you see me posting in TDS/H&R/MH, and something seems off, maybe shoot me a kind PM asking if everything is ok before issuing me a point? Just that, well, while I come off as certain way 99% of the time on here, there's that 1% that I'm hiding, and that 1% is a HUGE PERCENT. Like I have hardcore PTSD issues, I have hardcore depression/bi-polar issues. Like, I have a lot of issues. That said, I have a tendency to act as if everything is peachy-keen all the time, it's a coping mechanism. So yeah....

Status
Not open for further replies.