talking to people

I try not to come off as a know-it-all. People give misinformation all the time, but I usually let it go unless I think that it will benefit them in some way to clarify the situation.

For instance, in high school a friend of mine was writing a paper on Mexico and referred to Machu Pichu, so I had to tell him that it was actually in Peru.

Yeah, you know, we do what we can - dont even mention it.

Ohhhh its in Peru.. TYSM!!

I swear to fucking god if you mention it again..

THANKS!!

Ugh.

- I know this one will be polarizing, but throw out that mass hypnosis device that people call television (tell-your-vision). And for god's sake please don't throw a smartphone into the little ones' cribs. These devices completely mess with people's attention spans, enslave their minds, turn them into zombies who are locked in a digital world that deceives them into believing that it's an accurate representation of the real world, and has an overall degrading effect on people's interpersonal skills. You have kids these days who communicate via WhatsApp, even though they are in the same room, people going to bed with these devices, being unable to go outside without using google maps because all those years of using it has practically wrecked their spatial awareness, family members not talking with each other during dinner because everyone is so busy doing infinite scrolling, etc.
This addiction has become so widespread that people don't even perceive it as such. I replaced mine with a good ol' dumbphone in 2018 and I suddenly noticed how much of my daily life these things consumed. Generation Head-Down is real.
This is well said.

If it's someone I interact with often and am more comfortable with, I will probably just straight up tell them I am socially awkward at times and please don't take it personally if I seem distant or rude sometimes.

Hey mal, just wanted to say: that's a pro move. Personally I've been taught to by a loved one to say yhings such as, "can I have a couple seconds to process" , or "I'm getting overwhelmed excuse me", or "I'm sorry I don't understand what you're saying"

Easier with an SO, but I peppered some of those in outside the pad and to my surprise, people respected the fact I even explained.

Hey mal, just wanted to say: that's a pro move. Personally I've been taught to by a loved one to say yhings such as, "can I have a couple seconds to process" , or "I'm getting overwhelmed excuse me", or "I'm sorry I don't understand what you're saying"

Easier with an SO, but I peppered some of those in outside the pad and to my surprise, people respected the fact I even explained.

yeah I have found that most people are very understanding if you are just open with them. You gain a bit of trust with them when they see you being upfront and vulnerable. So usually they'll be very nice.