talking to people

saucygirl

Bluelighter
hi I was wondering if any people suffer at high intelligence how does high intelligence affect you in with talking with others? do you get in your way?

I use opening lines to break ground. So here’s the thing. You know what? Looks like the party’s over here.

It’s an alpha thing. Leading and directing @saucygirl

But tune into listen too. This is how you make friends. Not necessarily how you get the job.

Well you know communication is body language. Then tone. The words.

Then I have a headspace. Where I think something that I’m not speaking and they know.

. Where I think something that I’m not speaking and they know.

When I smoke weed it's like this that's why I'd rather put my face in a pillow than socialize stoned.

Even if what I'm thinking is nice. I don't say it unless there's a reason and when I'm stoned I'm way more transparent.

Can't be fucked w people working off my body language like sometimes I'm just twitchy too and people love to make snap judgements

Just pretend everybody can hear your thoughts. You’ll have a cleaner conscience this way.

I find it quite narcissistic to say shit like "Oh I'm way too intelligent to talk to everyone else, they just don't like me."
It's far more likely that you are just unlikeable if people dislike talking to you.
If you are truly intelligent, you should be able to learn how to talk to others regardless of their intelligence.
Being able to talk to anyone is a very important and incredibly useful skill to have.

I used to find myself sometimes subconsciously dumbing myself down and simplifying the way I talk when around certain people.
I have a friend who thought I was fucking stupid until one day I just started talking normally around him and he asked me why I was "using far bigger words than usual."
Said friend ended up being a lot smarter than I was giving him credit for.
He isn't very book smart and he usually just likes to get fucked up when we hang out, but he is actually quite emotionally intelligent and can be pretty good at reading people at times.

The moral of the story here is not to assume that other people are dumb, subconsciously or consciously.
We are all just humans on a floating rock, and I think you'll find that just being yourself can go quite far (people love honesty and genuinity) if you're not a cunt.

I find it quite narcissistic to say shit like "Oh I'm way too intelligent to talk to everyone else, they just don't like me."
It's far more likely that you are just unlikeable if people dislike talking to you.
If you are truly intelligent, you should be able to learn how to talk to others regardless of their intelligence.
Being able to talk to anyone is a very important and incredibly useful skill to have.

I used to find myself sometimes subconsciously dumbing myself down and simplifying the way I talk when around certain people.
I have a friend who thought I was fucking stupid until one day I just started talking normally around him and he asked me why I was "using far bigger words than usual."
Said friend ended up being a lot smarter than I was giving him credit for.
He isn't very book smart and he usually just likes to get fucked up when we hang out, but he is actually quite emotionally intelligent and can be pretty good at reading people at times.

The moral of the story here is not to assume that other people are dumb, subconsciously or consciously.
We are all just humans on a floating rock, and I think you'll find that just being yourself can go quite far (people love honesty and genuinity) if you're not a cunt.

Nice.

Well allow me to be honest and genuine: I made this thread for people like you. I'm glad you chimed in. I don't have many social problems (when I'm sober), and I don't consciencely go around thinking I'm smart, but I'm in my feelings today, and wanted to talk.

So, thanks for talking.

I'm relatively intelligent and I can get along with just about anybody. Of course I enjoy interacting with some people more than others (who doesn't?) but I am generally well-liked by most people.

My best friend, however, is at least as smart as me (maybe smarter), but he's not particularly sociable or even likeable. I've known him 50 years and I get him, but he doesn't connect with others well. For instance, he has an excellent sense of humor but he can't  tell a joke to save his life. Something's off in his communication skills. I suspect he has Asperger's Syndrome and he agrees that he might but he's never been diagnosed.

@arrall I am curious, how did you dumb down and how did that go

they didn't do any of that, what you asked i think this is your thread idont care to look above, is called "semantics", semantics and people as we humans are like to feed it to make it more complex or more less nutritious therefore we think even language needs our perspective before is a thing, language was before any of us thanks to mathematic which I dunno to calculate probably because I excel at everything else life gave me choice of a 10 scarf, i didn't chose any and made my own therefore nowadays having some integrity status to hop the "essentials" when talking to someone, and that someone say being locked in a water dim because you don't need other type of world interferences, even if you stare too much somewhere else you might get dizzy hence look somewhere else 20sec rule, read randomly yrs ago. Semantics is what created a fake world that'll eventually collapse ( water dim ), we ain't 2 people we're more and we cannot change society, is the same train of thought you get when you think why you wake up just to fall asleep again.

@arrall I am curious, how did you dumb down and how did that go
I'll subconsciously modify my standard vocabulary to include a greater frequency of slang and simpler words.
My inflection becomes significantly more colloquial.
It isn't a conscious enough thing for me to say definitively.
But it certainly seems to make me fit in better with most other people my age.

I'll subconsciously modify my standard vocabulary to include a greater frequency of slang and simpler words.
My inflection becomes significantly more colloquial.
It isn't a conscious enough thing for me to say definitively.
But it certainly seems to make me fit in better with most other people my age.

Interesting.

Seems like you and jasperkent are in a greement in having smartness while also (sobconsiously, of course) recognizing it.

You both seem to fit in.

That's dope, possibly even swag

Sorry I'm a little cray today

Do you @arrall and @jasperkent feel like, hmm, people feel gravity toward you?