• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Taking Oxy and Gabapentin Together

SpareRib

Bluelighter
Is it safe to take oxy and gabapentin together? Say, 30mb of oxy and 600 of gabapentin?

It depends on your tolerance to opioids (oxy). 30 mg of oxycodone is a lot (too much) for someone without tolerance. That Gabapentin dose is fine to combine, however I would start with 100-300 mg per dose and maybe even try it by itself first to get a feel for how it will affect you. Be aware that you may possibly experience increased sedation, and dizziness. The gabapentin in addition also may slow you down a little more.

It depends on your tolerance to opioids (oxy). 30 mg of oxycodone is a lot (too much) for someone without tolerance. That Gabapentin dose is fine to combine, however I would start with 100-300 mg per dose and maybe even try it by itself first to get a feel for how it will affect you. Be aware that you may possibly experience increased sedation, and dizziness. The gabapentin in addition also may slow you down a little more.

I take up to 30 mg of oxycodone at a time, and I have taken 600 Gabapentin on it's own. I'm interested in combining the two but taking only 20 mg of oxy given that Gabapentin may potentiate the oxy (from what I've read).

It should be totally safe to combine them. There may be a little potentiation and/or increased sedation but that can sometimes be a good thing, haha.

I take pregabalin (Lyrica) 150 mg and oxy 40 mg every 2 weeks or so. For some reason the Pregab seems to smooth out the oxy high. One of my favorite combos!

my statement is to be taken with caution as i'm a tolerant daily user

Yes, i take them together even with Pregabalin and gabapentin together along with oxycodone/Morphine
with regards to potentiation, there is some but the effects are different, my use for it goes as follows, when it comes time for my oxy dose , i take that, and gobble however many gabapentins/pregabalins i feel i want to but gabapentin gives more of a 'drunk' feeling vs pregabalin which you don't have unfortunately, i can't see it being too dangerous however but mind yourself if you need to get up and about and have taken a bunch of gabapentin combined with the oxy, you may tumble and fall n hurt yourself, so be mindful of that because gabapentin still makes my body feel drunk even if i take cocaine/amps with it nothing seems to counter that
but simply answer, it should be safe as long as you dont take stupid doses trying to amplify the oxy. oxy is great on its own, if you really want more of the oxy effects id take more oxy within reason because it doesnt potentiate per say, it adds effects which are either desirable or not. however my preffered oxy combo is Pregabalin/oxy but tolerance rises quickly with these gaba-ergics i currently and don't reccomend take 500-1500mg of pregabalin with 300-600mg of gabapentin with 40-80mg oxycodone

I take pregabalin (Lyrica) 150 mg and oxy 40 mg every 2 weeks or so. For some reason the Pregab seems to smooth out the oxy high. One of my favorite combos!
Lovely combo, I also enjoy gabapentin with bupenorphine as well

OP yes it is safe to take. I wouldn't make it a habit though. Try to make it as a reward to yourself so you can enjoy the combo and keep the tolerance low

The exact amounts depend on one's tolerance . . . it is indeed safe to take them together and the effect is used clinically -- it makes the oxycodone work better, which also can make it a political expedient for doctors who cannot or will not increase the dose.

Super combo, any Gabapentoid and Oxy work wonders, I am yet to find a better match. Start low and find your sweet spot.

P.S Oxycodone and Pregabalin can be prescribed as a joint preparation if you look it up you should find it!!

I'm prescribed Oxycodone and Pregabalin and they seem to potentiate each other when taken together. Imo it's one of the best combinations for a pain condition.

When I'm in really bad pain I take 60mg of Oxycodone IR, 400mg of Pregabalin, and Ketamine. That combination provides intense pain relief which is on a different level!

I wouldn't recommend you take my dosages as you've probably got a much lower tolerance. Start at a low dose and work your way up slowly.

Last edited:
I'm prescribed Oxycodone and Pregabalin and they seem to potentiate each other when taken together. Imo it's one of the best combinations for a pain condition.

When I'm in really bad pain I take 60mg of Oxycodone IR, 400mg of Pregabalin, and Ketamine. That combination provides intense pain relief which is on a different level!

I wouldn't recommend you take my dosages as you've probably got a much lower tolerance. Start at a low dose and work your way up slowly.

I wanted to state that i can vouche for this being 100% accurate. the effects of both pregabalin and oxycodone almost play off of eachother. but ketamine i haven't tried yet, i tend to try my best to stay away from psychedelics

I wanted to state that i can vouche for this being 100% accurate. the effects of both pregabalin and oxycodone almost play off of eachother. but ketamine i haven't tried yet, i tend to try my best to stay away from psychedelics

Ketamine is more of an Anesthetic than a Psychedelic imo. It depends on which type of Ketamine your taking as theres 2 isomers plus Racemic, theres R, S, and Racemic. I take S-Ketamine.

if you and i know you may be exactly like me where at times, treating pain as quickly as possible is the most important thing in life i know this is true when i wake up and i want to remove my brain from my head with a butter knife because my pain is so bad not to mention acute withdrawal from heavy doses of pain meds usually doesn't help when waking up

but!

if you are tryna get a better kick/stronger effect out of the pregabalin and oxycodone combo ive found it particularly beneficial to take the pregabalin 1 hour prior to taking the oxycodone (i don't know why but fuck most sources claiming pregabalin is fast acting, it is quickly absorbed while not fast acting unfortunately as it takes time to enter the bloodstream via i don't know the particular ways that i needs to

i do know that pregabalin is 100% absorbed by the body vs Gabapentin ASWELL as being absorbed not only via the small intenstine aswell as the large one gabapentin is only i believe 1/3 absorbed don't hold me to the exact numbers i'm not a doctor i'm a drug user LEL but the MG of Pregabalin that you take is what will actually be absorbed vs pentin but that shouldn't go to say that one is better than the other while true pregab is stronger it should also be noted that both have different effects :)

long story short.. i love pregabalin too LOL why is it always the physically addicting drugs are the best ones :(

Ketamine is more of an Anesthetic than a Psychedelic imo. It depends on which type of Ketamine your taking as theres 2 isomers plus Racemic, theres R, S, and Racemic. I take S-Ketamine.
i've been told this before, but generally speaking if i want to melt into my bed or couch and have a i unno if we can classify it as a trip but lets call it a 'trip' im sure you'll know what i mean, i'll lean toward taking more of my morphine =p but i've heard things about ketamine benefiting people with depression and what not so i assume it can even have its medicinal uses just like i use cocaine for pain oi maybe thats why the two rhyme mind = blown.

I am actually surprised that no company has come out with a chronic pain medication which is a combination of, for example, hydrocodone and gabapentin or pregabalin and/or baclofen . . . maybe medicinal chemists could find a way to make such a combo at the molecular level? Which is not to say it would be the best idea in 100 per cent of cases -- but the politics and economics in the largest markets would seem to point in that direction,

I love the story I heard today of an insurance company who was complaining about a chronic pain patient in the USA getting too many narcotic scripts, so the doctor consolidated all her narcotics into one monthly fill of 480 4 mg multi-purpose hydromorphone tablets, to usually be taken sublingually, but they she can also put on some rubber gloves, get some alcohol swabs, draw up some sterile saline into a 3 cc syringe, pull out the plunger, put 1 to 4 of the tablets in the barrel and put the plunger back in, shake for 3 minutes, and carpe diem, in the arse cheek, hip, or up the main line . . .

Last edited:
I am actually surprised that no company has come out with a chronic pain medication which is a combination of, for example, hydrocodone and gabapentin or pregabalin and/or baclofen . . . maybe medicinal chemists could find a way to make such a combo at the molecular level? Which is not to say it would be the best idea in 100 per cent of cases -- but the politics and economics in the largest markets would seem to point in that direction,

I love the story I heard today of an insurance company who was complaining about a chronic pain patient in the USA getting too many narcotic scripts, so the doctor consolidated all her narcotics into one monthly fill of 480 4 mg multi-purpose hydromorphone tablets, to usually be taken sublingually, but they she can also put on some rubber gloves, get some alcohol swabs, draw up some sterile saline into a 3 cc syringe, pull out the plunger, put 1 to 4 of the tablets in the barrel and put the plunger back in, shake for 3 minutes, and carpe diem, in the arse cheek, hip, or up the main line . . .
that's because per say opiates, are metabolized via the liver into the bloodstream while the gabapentin/pregab are absorbed via gastrointenstinal tracts

that's because per say opiates, are metabolized via the liver into the bloodstream while the gabapentin/pregab are absorbed via gastrointenstinal tracts

One of the newer things invented in the field of pharmaceutics are matrices and coatings which survive in the digestive tract different lengths of time, which have been sought as there are stark differences in absorption from the bottom of the oesophagus, the stomach, the duodenum, jejunum, ileum, colon, rectum &c . .. the differences in pH alone can be something like 0.7 in the stomach in extreme cases to over 12 further down for folks who make lots of bile, and different drugs are, as you mention, absorbed best in different places. One trick I discovered for MST Continus/MS Contin was to take some sodium bicarbonate and eat some pasta with it so the pill arrived whole in the duodenum, and it made all the difference, even when I chewed the tablet and washed it down with Coca-Cola if I did not have injectable M with me . . .

Last edited:
One of the newer things invented in the field of pharmaceutics are matrices and coatings which survive in the digestive tract different lengths of time, which have been sought as there are stark differences in absorption from the bottom of the oesophagous, the stomach, the duodenum, jejunum, ileum, colon, rectum &c . .. the differences in pH alone can be something like 0.7 in the stomach in extreme cases to over 12 further down for folks who make lots of bile, and different drugs are, as you mention, absorbed best in different places. One trick I discovered for MST Continus/MS Contin was to take some sodium bicarbonate and eat some pasta with it so the pill arrived whole in the duodenum, and it made all the difference, even when I chewed the tablet and washed it down with Coca-Cola if I did not have injectable M with me . . .
waaaait a sec, while obviously by crushing my morphine ER kadian caps i'm beating out the time release but am i getting less morphine?

somtimes your posts are written with too much smarts for me to process :/

waaaait a sec, while obviously by crushing my morphine ER kadian caps i'm beating out the time release but am i getting less morphine?

somtimes your posts are written with too much smarts for me to process :/

You'll get the morphine one way or the other, of course . . . my experience with extended-release is with the wax-type solid tablets like Codidol, Didor, MST Continus, Ketodur, MS-Contin -- I think the fact that the morphine is best absorbed from a mix of the stomach and duodenum is why extended-release opioids are made they way they are, within limits . . . there are political elements and superstition as well . . . When I shit out Kadian beads on the first go back in the day, I went straight back to the doctor and that was the end of that. That is my higher gastric pH and dead spots on the lining, I think. When one of the orphenadrine ER makers cut corners and/or got too clever by half, I wound up with a bezoar of tablets the size of a cricket ball in my stomach and have been on the injectable ever since.

This could mean that an experiment with the Kadian may be to smash 50 per cent of the beads and leave the rest intact, to see if you can notice a delay then a more rapid absorption from the duodenum. I would think that it would manifest as a bigger bang, as it would be a more rapid increase in serum morphine level and therefore the absolute number of mu opioid receptors agonised over a given, short period of time.

The chewing & Coca-Cola/Sprite whatever process should be good enough for 80 per cent of people who need IR morphine in a pinch and did not get it from the doctor, but:

All of the ER formulations can be split by bench or kitchen processes into a gob to swallow which has as much or more of the extended-release effect, the colour of the tablet, and an injectable or nasal spray; describing it here may not be clear enough harm reduction to be within the Bluelight rules but it is straightforward at least. For economic sake, let me tell people to not discard the colouring on the tablets -- that colouring contains 2 to 9 per cent of the opioid dose. Suck it off or shake your tablets in šljivovica or tequila and drink it, In any case, later steps will re-sterilise the surface of the tablets.

Then the Kiwis and their followers have made some discoveries in this general department which are relevant. That most assuredly is verboten to discuss here.

I have heard multiple theories about why this happens to be the case for extended-release opioids. The one way I could imagine modifying Kadian to bypass the stomach would be to get some larger capsules and make the Kadian into the centre of a Russian nesting doll type setup. If people must start playing with their Kadian, try this first as it is less risky and may give one what they are looking for without actually defeating the manufacturer's intended modus operandi for the capsule.

The best extended-release mechanism is the least expensive and was invented before 1930 -- it is how they make Codidol -- they get their drug mixture, mill it into round particles of four different sizes, and encase it all in paraffin, sometimes with Vitamin C or sodium carbonate added to adjust the pH of the tablet. These Zogenix and other abuse resistant formulations demanded by politicians are a scientific and political abomination and a fundraising technique which is essentially wetting a little bird's beak as the Sicilians say: a protection racket, as many oxycodone patients have to struggle with all the time.

Last edited:
You'll get the morphine one way or the other, of course . . . my experience with extended-release is with the wax-type solid tablets like Codidol, Didor, MST Continus, Ketodur, MS-Contin -- I think the fact that the morphine is best absorbed from a mix of the stomach and duodenum is why extended-release opioids are made they way they are, within limits . . . there are political elements and superstition as well . . . When I shit out Kadian beads on the first go back in the day, I went straight back to the doctor and that was the end of that. That is my higher gastric pH and dead spots on the lining, I think. When one of the orphenadrine ER makers cut corners and/or got too clever by half, I wound up with a bezoar of tablets the size of a cricket ball in my stomach and have been on the injectable ever since.

This could mean that an experiment with the Kadian may be to smash 50 per cent of the beads and leave the rest intact, to see if you can notice a delay then a more rapid absorption from the duodenum. I would think that it would manifest as a bigger bang, as it would be a more rapid increase in serum morphine level and therefore the absolute number of mu opioid receptors agonised over a given, short period of time.

The chewing & Coca-Cola/Sprite whatever process should be good enough for 80 per cent of people who need IR morphine in a pinch and did not get it from the doctor, but:

All of the ER formulations can be split by bench or kitchen processes into a gob to swallow which has as much or more of the extended-release effect, the colour of the tablet, and an injectable or nasal spray; describing it here may not be clear enough harm reduction to be within the Bluelight rules but it is straightforward at least. For economic sake, let me tell people to not discard the colouring on the tablets -- that colouring contains 2 to 9 per cent of the opioid dose. Suck it off or shake your tablets in šljivovica or tequila and drink it, In any case, later steps will re-sterilise the surface of the tablets.

Then the Kiwis and their followers have made some discoveries in this general department which are relevant. That most assuredly is verboten to discuss here.

I have heard multiple theories about why this happens to be the case for extended-release opioids. The one way I could imagine modifying Kadian to bypass the stomach would be to get some larger capsules and make the Kadian into the centre of a Russian nesting doll type setup.

The best extended-release mechanism is the least expensive and was invented before 1930 -- it is how they make Codidol -- they get their drug mixture, mill it into round particles of four different sizes, and encase it all in paraffin, sometimes with Vitamin C or sodium carbonate added to adjust the pH of the tablet. These Zogenix and other abuse resistant formulations demanded by politicians are a scientific and political abomination and a fundraising technique which is essentially wetting a little bird's beak as the Sicilians say: a protection racket, as many oxycodone patients have to struggle with all the time.
well, i only crush my kadian and take it that way, from i notice is that, 20-40min in, it starts to kick in, but come 40-60min it's full force for a good 2-4 hours and slowly fades over about 6-8 hours

but along the original question i was wondering if in any way possible am i losing out on potential more morphine to absorb somewhere along the way because as a rule i try not to spare any painkilling effect i can get out of my meds

im sure my doctor knows i do this but has never mentioned anything because he knows my struggle - possibly why he writes me rx's for 3 different opiates who knows
but i do know that i suppose i get enough pain relief, at the same time i don't i hate chronic pain.. it's a rollercoaster of relief and suffering :/