• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Taking Oxy and Gabapentin Together

well, i only crush my kadian and take it that way, from i notice is that, 20-40min in, it starts to kick in, but come 40-60min it's full force for a good 2-4 hours and slowly fades over about 6-8 hours

but along the original question i was wondering if in any way possible am i losing out on potential more morphine to absorb somewhere along the way because as a rule i try not to spare any painkilling effect i can get out of my meds

im sure my doctor knows i do this but has never mentioned anything because he knows my struggle - possibly why he writes me rx's for 3 different opiates who knows
but i do know that i suppose i get enough pain relief, at the same time i don't i hate chronic pain.. it's a rollercoaster of relief and suffering :/

The 8 hour total duration of action could also be the result of your metabolism and/or tolerance to the morphine -- it actually is fairly uncommon for a 12-hour formulation to last 12 hours, and certainly to continue to do so . . . 8 hours is more common, and I have heard of 6 hour intervals, or 10 hour intervals with a smaller ER tablet like a third to half the dose of the other at 5 hours . . .

Now, of course, they do work as advertised for some, and many work better as the drug chronically builds up in the body. One surprise I had was that the original Opana lasted 12 hours for the first weeks then actually lengthened to where I could, if I wanted to do so in order to prove it, go up to 36 hours betwixt doses, which also may have been the large doses of misoprostol and antacids I was taking at the time. It all turned out to be difficult for the doctor, chemist, and myself and helpers to manage, so it was on to all Opana IR (which also could last up to 11 hours for some reason) and then Numorphan ampoules with Dilaudid tablets and a somewhat good trial with Palladone capsules, then the hydromorphone/oxymorphone combination and switching to MST Continus and hydromorphinol ampoules when I was back in Europe.

There is also a huge variation in how well various manufacturers' ER tablets work -- I have always insisted on Mallinckrodt and Mundipharma in those cases and hear all sorts of stories about others, including other forms that are just as good, but others which have all sorts of problems with them as well. Once I heard of someone who got hypodermic tablets of hydromorphone, and one month the prescription was filled with some new crap that a company came up with to keep oral prescription patients from using them in a manner inconsistent with their labelling, and she was in hospital for Stage III withdrawal and chest pain from angina pectoris in about 36 hours and the places she tried to use them like the regular stuff gave her Cotton Fever and a prolonged adventure with Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus mixed with Pseudomonas, Streptococcus, and Clostridium spp and other problems . . . I suppose if one lives in the right place that kind of thing could have them winning the Vibrio vulnificus Reichelt 1976 or Escherchia coli Castellani & Chalmers 1919 serotype O157:H7 lottery . . . I was copy editing a harm reduction booklet a little while ago which listed amongst the possible injection-related infections all five forms of malaria, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, rabies, and gas gangrene . . . Jesus Christ -- so who are the politicians who think the harm reduction approach is bad for people?

Last edited:
The 8 hour total duration of action could also be the result of your metabolism and/or tolerance to the morphine -- it actually is fairly uncommon for a 12-hour formulation to last 12 hours, and certainly to continue to do so . . . 8 hours is more common, and I have heard of 6 hour intervals, or 10 hour intervals with a smaller ER tablet like a third to half the dose of the other at 5 hours . . .

Now, of course, they do work as advertised for some, and many work better as the drug chronically builds up in the body. One surprise I had was that the original Opana lasted 12 hours for the first weeks then actually lengthened to where I could, if I wanted to do so in order to prove it, go up to 36 hours betwixt doses, which also may have been the large doses of misoprostol and antacids I was taking at the time. It all turned out to be difficult for the doctor, chemist, and myself and helpers to manage, so it was on to all Opana IR (which also could last up to 11 hours for some reason) and then Numorphan ampoules with Dilaudid tablets and a somewhat good trial with Palladone capsules, then the hydromorphone/oxymorphone combination and switching to MST Continus and hydromorphinol ampoules when I was back in Europe.

There is also a huge variation in how well various manufacturers' ER tablets work -- I have always insisted on Mallinckrodt and Mundipharma in those cases and hear all sorts of stories about others, including other forms that are just as good, but others which have all sorts of problems with them as well.
my lord 36hours... i wake up in acute-moderate withdrawal already by the 36 hour mark id be banging my head into the floor to distract my brain from the withdrawal
once ate an extra week of my meds during week 1 of my month because i don't know i fucked somthing to make my pain worse, but the 4th week of that month was the worst week i've ever had in my life the first 2-3 days were tolerable with huge amounts of coke and 4+grams/day of hash to manage the nausea but the last 4... the physical was bad but the mental...... nothing i could do would ease the mental wd i experienced... ugh the memory of that week genuinely pains me i wish i could somehow forget it

Something doctors need to be aware of, and often are, with maintaining chronic pain patients on extended-release formulations is that there are cases, such as an unrelated issues like breaking a toe or needing a root canal, which increase the objective amount of noxious input -- the actual milliamperes and millivolts of the pain stimulus itself -- going into the nervous system, and for cases like this, there is a temporary need for a little more immediate-release opioid quite often, and the need can also manifest as the original problem not being handled quite so well by the medication. If one is in a pain management protocol which includes a written contract, make sure it includes something like "it is the patient's responsibility to let the doctor know ahead of time of surgery or dental procedures" which is the best place to start that discussion.

my lord 36hours... i wake up in acute-moderate withdrawal already by the 36 hour mark id be banging my head into the floor to distract my brain from the withdrawal
once ate an extra week of my meds during week 1 of my month because i don't know i fucked somthing to make my pain worse, but the 4th week of that month was the worst week i've ever had in my life the first 2-3 days were tolerable with huge amounts of coke and 4+grams/day of hash to manage the nausea but the last 4... the physical was bad but the mental...... nothing i could do would ease the mental wd i experienced... ugh the memory of that week genuinely pains me i wish i could somehow forget it

Has anyone used hash oil as an anti-emetic? I am actually rather enthusiastic about cannabis products as medicines for patients with nausea and vomiting from different things, especially since Mother Nature and smokers of The Herb have actually collaborated to invent a metred-dose inhaler for an anti-emetic, in fact several types of them like joints, spliffs, bongs, reefers, flamethrowers . . . something none of the pharmaceutical companies apparently even came close to reaching the concept of . . . My own eating of small amounts of hashish for nausea with appetite suppression from a change in pain medications showed it to be maybe 70 times better than Phenergan, 55 times better than Compazine, and 120 times better than Periactin for this purpose, and trying a spliff also made it easy to fine-tune the dose. In really bad cases, one can take some hyoscine or add a tiny amount of belladonna to the joint to get more anti-nauseant effect by a somewhat different path.

Last edited:
Has anyone used hash oil as an anti-emetic? I am actually rather enthusiastic about cannabis products as medicines for patients with nausea and vomiting from different things, especially since Mother Nature and smokers of The Herb have actually collaborated to invent a metred-dose inhaler for an anti-emetic . . . something none of the pharmaceutical companies apparently even came close to reaching the concept of . . .
the concentrates you mean? like Shatter/wax? i L.O.V.E shatter, i buy a few grams once in awhile but at 30$/gram and thats a good price because i other things from the same person that its alittle too expensive to regularly smoke however

I flatten some hash out, lay the shatter out over my hash, hold my hempwick over the shatter and start melting it till it turns to an oil consistency then i lay another piece of flat hash over the shatter making a godly thc sandwich,wait till the shatter on the inside cools off and turns back to a harder state, roll it up, flatten that out, shatter , hash, harden, roll and then smoke. it's also DELICIOUS. but i find my technique although enjoyable as fuck for me, extremely wasteful because i see alot of it smoke up into the air once i can't handle anymore which happens every.single.hit but i love the stuff once in awhile
i HAVE a dab nail but.. my torch broke and i don't know why i haven't bought a new one
dabbing is really somthing and thats coming from someone who regularly does hard drugs ^^

but if you mean those thc drops then i have no clue, i have a friend that swears by them but i like to smoke my hash/thc products

personally, i can't seem to get effects from edibles even after eating 800mg of thc which is supposed to be alot, no go

The hash oil with which I am familiar is what people do everything with from eat on crackers to put on marijuana in a regular tobacco pipe to jazz it up to cook with it, the manufacturing process being heating cannabis with solvents and concentrating, and part of it is done with an oil drum and a metal lid with holes in it . . .

Drops of pure THC would be interesting to see how different they are from hashish and marijuana, and certainly edibles. I am inclined to think it may be missing some of the overall cannabis effect, to whatever use it is put. There is the issue that the pharmaceutical dronabinol (Marinol®) can do next to nothing for a lot of patients and there is much variability, plus more and more coming out about the usefulness of CBD, the fact that there are more than 260 alkaloids in cannabis plus resins, oils, proteins, other active ingredients, the fact that like opium there is a je ne sais quoi which contributes to its medical usefulness, and I also believe that people get a benefit from any chlorophyll that they are taking in with all the rest . . . then there is not only Δ-9-THC but Δ-3-THC and all sorts of others -- it is certainly a good thing that scientists can finally get back to the work of taking all of this apart and seeing how it works. When one considers how much has been inspired by the scientific findings about the 55 alkaloids and other substances in opium, I would imagine a plant with 260+ alkaloids has even more coming up.

Cannabis is related to the mulberry tree, and I keep hearing that, amongst so many other things, many mulberry tree leaves have been found to have morphine in them in small amounts, and in addition to a cannabinoid-like substance lobelline, the hops used for flavouring beer and so forth also are sometimes found to have morphine in small amounts too, as do many more species of poppies and poppy like flowers than are commonly admitted, it sounds like . . . in fact, lore about THC-type substances in the fatty part of poppy seeds is behind a lot of the grinding of seeds that some poppy seed tea makers may do, which is a bad idea since it leads to a soapy, unpotable mess nothing like weed or much like proper poppy extracts, and consuming all of that stuff if one can get it down theoretically could lead to uncontrollable weight gain as they have many times the kilojoules and Calories of food energy in them as almost anything else . . .

They have also come up with yeast which can brew morphine from sugar. That warms the cockles of my heart.

Yes Nico, I believe it is licensed for both, haven’t yet found out if it is available in the Uk though, defo trialed here ?